你必需帮我做件事
…you’ve got to do something for me.
这里
Here.
这里
Here.
看见没
You see that?
你看见这鞋子
You see that shoe?
我要你舔它
I want you to lick it.
快
Go on !
舔它
Lick it.
哦 我的兄弟 你能否相信…
And, O my brothers, would you believe…
你忠心的朋友 受尽苦难的叙事者
…your faithful friend and long-suffering narrator…
长长地伸出他红色的舌头
…pushed out his red yabzick a mile and a half. ..
去舔那又脏又臭的鞋子
…to lick the grahzny, vonny boots.
再一遍
And again !
可怕且要人命的作恶感 开始出现…
The horrible killing sickness had whooshed up…
把斗争的喜悦转变成…
…and turned the joy of battle…
一种想挂掉的感觉
…into a feeling I was going to snuff it.
再一遍
And again .
又亮又干净
Nice and clean .
非常谢谢你
Thank you very much .
做得非常好
That will do very well .
非常感谢 各位先生女士
Thank you very much, ladies and gentlemen .
她朝我走来
She came towards me…
伴随着光辉 像是天赐恩典的光芒
… with the light like it was the light light of heavenly grace.
我脑中闪过的念头…
And the thing that flashed in me gulliver…
就是想把她压在地上…
… was that I’d like to have her there on the floor…
和她抽送 真是野蛮
… with the old in-out. Real savage.
但突然恶心的感觉一闪而现
But quick as a shot came the sickness.
像个躲在角落偷看的警探…
Like a detective who’d been watching around the corner…
…追上来逮捕我
…and now followed to make his arrest.
够了
Enough .
非常谢谢你
Thank you very much .
谢谢你 亲爱的
Thank you, my dear.
现在感觉不太糟 是吧
Not feeling too bad now, are you?
是 长官 我感觉真的很棒 长官
No, sir. I feel really great, sir.
-很好 -都没事了吗 长官
-Good. -Was it all right, sir?
-我做的好吗
Did I do well?
不错 孩子 真的不错
Fine, my boy. Absolutely fine.
如各位所见 先生女士们…
You see, ladies and gentlemen …
矛盾地 我们的实验对像被逼迫向恶
…our subject is impelled towards the good…
却使得他被驱使向善
…by paradoxically being impelled towards evil .
暴♥力♥行为的意图…
The intention to act violently…
伴随着强烈的肉体痛苦
…is accompanied by strong feelings of physical distress.
要反抗这痛苦 实验对像必需要转变
To counter these, the subject has to switch …
成为完全相反的态度
…to a diametrically opposed attitude.
有任何问题吗
Any questions?
选择权
Choice.
这孩子没有真正的选择权 他有吗
The boy has no real choice, has he?
自利的心态
Self-interest.
对肉体疼痛的恐惧
The fear of physical pain …
让他产生古怪的自卑行为
…drove him to that grotesque act of self-abasement.
这种虚假的言行再清楚不过
Its insincerity was clearly to be seen .
他不再是个犯罪者
He ceases to be a wrongdoer.
但他也不再是个具道德选择能力的人类
He ceases also to be a creature capable of moral choice.
神父 这只是细节问题
Padre, these are subtleties.
我们不在乎动机 和更崇高的道德
We’ re not concerned with motives, with the higher ethics.
我们只关心消除犯罪
We are concerned only with cutting down crime.
和疏解我们监狱可怕的人口问题
And with relieving the ghastly congestion in our prisons.
他会是你们忠实的基♥督♥徒…
He will be your true Christian …
准备好亮出另一边的脸颊
…ready to turn the other cheek.
准备好被折磨 而不是折磨人
Ready to be crucified, rather than crucify.
连杀死一只苍蝇的念头都由衷地感到恶心
Sick to the very heart at the thought even of killing a fly.
改过向善
Reclamation .
上帝使者当前的喜乐
Joy before the angels of God.
重点是这是有效的
The point is that it works!
第二天 你的朋友 谦卑的叙事者
And the very next day, your friend and humble narrator…
成了自♥由♥之身
… was a free man.
猫女杀手艾力克斯获释
罪犯治疗将巩固法律与秩序
杀人犯获释 科学有解药
儿子
Son !
嗨 嗨 我的爸妈
Hi, hi, hi there, my Pee and Em.
妈
Mum.
亲爱的 你好吗 很高兴见到你
How are you, love? Nice to see you .
爸 小子 多么让人吃惊
-Dad. -Lad. What a surprise.
见到你真好 身体硬朗
-Good to see you . -I Keeping fit?
你们过的好吗
How are you, then?
我很好 很好
I’ m fine, fine.
远离麻烦 你知的
I Keeping out of trouble, you know .
我回来了
I’ m back!
见到你们真好
Good to see you .
为什么你不让我们知道发生了什么事
Why didn’t you let us know what was happening?
我想给你和爸一个大惊喜
I wanted it to be, like, a big surprise for you and Pee.
这是个惊喜 没错 但也有点让人不知所措
It’s a surprise all right. A bit bewildering too.
我们才刚在早报上读到这件事
We’ve only just read about it in morning papers.
小子 你该让我们知道的
You should have let us know, lad.
我们不是不高兴再见到你…
Not that we’ re not very pleased to see you again, and all …
看见你完全痊愈
…cured too, eh?
没错 他们在我身上完成了不起的成就
That’s right. They did a great job on me.
我完全被矫正了
I’ m completely reformed.
还是同样的老地方 嗯
Still the same old place, then?
有个陌生的家伙坐在沙发上
There’s a strange fella sitting on the sofa…
不断嚼着一片片的吐司
…munchy-wunching lomticks of toast.
那是乔
That’s Joe.
他现在住在这里
He lives here now .
我们的房♥客
The lodger.
就是他
That’s what he is.
他租下你的房♥间
He rents your room.
你好吗 乔
How do you do, Joe?
房♥间很舒适吧
Find the room comfortable, do you?
没啥抱怨
No complaints?
我听说过你
I’ve heard about you .
我知道你干了什么事
I know what you’ve done.
伤了你可怜悲伤父母的心
Breaking the hearts of your poor, grieving parents.
所以你回来了 嗯
So you’ re back.
回来再一次让你可爱父母过悲惨的生活
Back to make life a misery for your lovely parents once more?
你要回来 除非我死了
Over my dead corpse, you will .
因为 你看 他们对我像对儿子一般
Because, you see, they’ve let me be more like a son to them…
更甚于一位房♥客
…than like a lodger.
孩子 别在这里打架
Don’t go fighting here, boys.
拜托把你的嘴巴闭上
Do put your hand over your mouth, please.
真是地恶心要命
It’s bloody revolting.
你没事吧
Are you all right?
是因为治疗
It’s the treatment.
这实在恶心得让人想吐
It’s disgusting. Enough to put you off your food.
别管他 乔 这是治疗
Leave him be, Joe. It’s the treatment.
你想我们该做些什么
Do you think we ought to do something?
要不要让我帮你泡杯茶 儿子
Would you like me to make you a nice cup of tea, son?
你们怎么处理我的私人物品
What have you done with all me own personal things?
那些全都…
That was all …
被拿走了 儿子
…took away, son .
警方拿的
By the police.
新的规定
New regulation, see…
用来补偿受害者
…about compensation for the victims.
那么巴希尔呢
What about Basil?
我的蛇在哪里
Where’s my snake?
他碰到了…
He met with …
…一件意外
…Like, an accident.
他去世了
He passed away.
那我要怎么办
What’s going to happen to me, then?
我是说…
I mean …
他住在我的房♥间
…that’s my room he’s in .
这不能否认