He has to work there, but he lives across the street from Anne Anderson.
他在那工作 但他住在Anne Anderson街对面啊
He has to see her every day.
他每天都要面对她
Mr. Love, do you have any children?
Love先生 你有孩子吗?
Yes, I do.
我有
– Eight of ’em. – Eight?
– 八个 – 八个?
My goodness! That’s quite a family.
我的天呐! 真是个大家子啊
Wh… what do you think of the water in Woburn?
你… 你觉得沃本的水怎么样?
Now? It’s all right.
现在的? 没什么问题
What about then… ten, fifteen years ago?
那当时… 十年或者十五年前呢?
– Had an odor then. – Hmm.
– 当时有股恶臭 – 嗯
Chlorine or… somethin’.
像二氧化氯… 之类的味道…
– Did you drink it? – Yeah, I drank it.
– 那你会喝吗? – 是的 我喝
The kids?
孩子们喝吗?
Yes.
他们也喝
Were you concerned when you found out the wells were contaminated?
当你发现水井被污染之后 是否担忧过?
I’m going to object to that. You don’t, you don’t have to answer that.
我要对此提出抗♥议♥ 你无须回答那个问题
Yeah, I was concerned.
是的 我当时很担忧
– For your family’s health? – Yes.
– 为你家人的健康担忧? – 是的
Has any member of your family…
你家里有没有谁…
had any illness out of the ordinary?
患了不同寻常的疾病?
You don’t have to answer any of these type of questions.
这类的问题你都无须回答
– Yeah, they have. – What kind?
– 是的 有人患过 – 哪一种?
One of my sons has a seizure disorder,
我的一个儿子患有癫痫
and, uh, my oldest daughter’s had two miscarriages and my youngest boy was born with…
还有 呃 我大女儿有过两次流产 我最小的儿子天生有…
Are we gonna sit here all day and go through his entire family’s medical history?
我们要在这坐一整天 听他讲家族病史吗?
Well, if you don’t wanna hear it, then leave.
如果你不想听 那就出去
I don’t know what you’re doing here anyway. We’re deposing Grace employees, not Beatrice.
我不明白你在这干什么 我们是在向Grace公♥司♥的雇员取证 又不是Beatrice的
If you’re deposing anybody… anybody… I have a right to be here.
不管你们是在向谁取证… 无论是谁… 我都有权在这
Well, then sit down and shut up!
那好 那就坐下 闭上你的嘴!
Mr. Love,
Love先生
are you aware that some of your neighbors have had leukemia in their families?
你是否意识到 你邻居家有些人患过白血病?
Yes, I am.
是的 我知道
They think it’s the water.
他们认为是水的问题
Al, that water hasn’t made anybody sick.
Al 不是那水使人患病的
How do you know?
你怎么知道?
I just do.
我就是知道
There’s a lot of people in my neighborhood that are dead…
“Chessman”先生 我邻居中好多人要么去世了…
or dyin’, Mr. “Chessman”, from somethin’.
要么因为生了怪病快死了
Look, if I, uh…
听着 如果我 呃…
if I took a hundred pennies and threw ’em up in the air,
如果我拿出一百个便士 抛到空中
about half of ’em would land heads and the other half tails, right?
有一半会正面朝上 另一半背面朝上落地 是吧?
Now if I looked around closely, I’d probably find some heads grouped together in a cluster.
如果四处仔细找找 我就能找到一些正面朝上的硬币掉在一起了
What does that mean? Does that mean anything?
那意味着什么? 那能证明什么呢?
See, no one knows what causes leukemia, Al.
听着 没人知道是什么导致了白血病 Al
No one knows what caused that cluster.
没人知道它们怎么就掉在一起了
I know what happened. And I know who did it.
我知道发生了什么事 也知道是谁干的
Um,

Al, this is, uh this is very important, uh…
Al 这非常重要 呃…
I want you to tell me who those people are.
我想让你告诉我那些人是谁
I’m not a rat.
我不会当叛徒的
You know, it’s, uh, it’s important…
你知道吗 这真的很重要…
because, uh, if there is something wrong out there,
因为如果那儿真有什么不对
we need, we need to disclose it to the proper authorities.
我们需要上报到相关部门
We n… need to get ’em out there and have it cleaned up.
我们需… 需要把它们挖出来 然后清理掉
You, uh, you think about that and, and call me if y…
你再好好考虑下 打电♥话♥给我…
Yeah. Yeah.
嗯 好的
– Thank you. – You’re welcome.
– 谢谢 – 不客气
Do you eat peanut butter?
你吃花生酱吗?
– No. – You’ve never eaten peanut butter?
– 不吃 – 你从没吃过花生酱?
I guess everyone alive has probably tried it,
我想所有人可能都尝过花生酱
but I’m not exactly what you’d call a peanut butter fan.
不过我不是你指的那种很爱吃花生酱的人
What about your son? Did he ever eat peanut butter?
你儿子呢? 他吃过花生酱吗?
– Do you eat bacon? – Yes.
– 你吃培根吗? – 是的
Yes. How often? How many slices?
好 经常吃吗? 吃多少片?
Um…
呃…
do you have Teflon pans in your kitchen?
你厨房♥里有特氟纶(商标名称)平底锅吗?
Do you chew sugarless gum?
你嚼无糖口香糖吗?
Do you pump your own gas? Do you use hair spray?
你自己充气吗? 你用喷发定型剂吗?
Do you use artificial sweeteners? Smoke cigarettes?
你用人工甜味剂吗? 吸烟吗?
Drink diet soda? Do you use tampons?
喝低糖汽水吗? 你用卫生棉条吗?
Do you ever have your clothes dry-cleaned?
你有送你的衣服去干洗过吗?
Do you have silver fillings in your teeth?
你的牙里面有银质填充物吗?
So you were aware when you moved to Woburn…
那么你搬到沃本的时候就知道…
that its water didn’t taste so good.
这儿的水不怎么好喝
Yeah, but, uh, a lot of places the water doesn’t taste so good.
是的 不过 呃 很多地方的水都不怎么好喝
I agree with that.
我同意那种说法
Did you ever consider using bottled water?
你是否考虑过饮用瓶装水?
We use bottled water, uh, off and on.
我们有用瓶装水 断断续续地
Split half and half.
各占一半比例吧
Like, uh, we, uh, cooked with regular water, tap water.
比如说 呃 我们用普通的水和自来水做饭
And we did other things like, uh, make orange juice.
还做其他的 比如说做橙汁
But to, uh, drink just straight water, we drank bottled water.
但是直接喝的话 我们都是喝瓶装水
Has any doctor ever told you…
有没有医生曾告诉你…
that you’ve had any dysfunction of your immune system?
说你的免疫系统有功能性障碍?
No, but, uh, when my son died, they told us that that was why he died.
没有 不过 我儿子死的时候 他们说那是他死亡的原因
His, uh, immune system…
他的 呃 免疫系统…
was tore down to nothin’.
完全被摧毁了
Uh,

why did you have an autopsy?
你为什么还进行了尸检?
Because he, he was doin’ good.
因为他一直没什么大碍
He only, uh, lived three months with leukemia,
他刚刚患上白血病三个月
and, uh, he looked fine.
而且 看起来好好的
Did you talk to the doctor about this?
你跟医生谈过这件事吗?
Yeah, I had more like a, uh, violent talk with him.
谈过 我跟他的谈话很激烈
Violent. You mean, you were angry.
激烈 你是说 你当时很生气
Yellin’ at him.
对他吼了
Your son seemed to be doing all right. He, he was in remission.
你儿子看起来一切正常 他的病情在缓解之中
You were optimistic about his future…
你对他的未来充满乐观…
and suddenly he became ill and died.
而突然之间他就生病 然后死掉了
And they said that was expected.
他们就说这是正常现象
That, uh, anybody with a disease like leukemia…
说不管是谁患了白血病…
could die any minute.
都有可能随时死亡
But you were angry and upset.
但是你很生气 还很伤心
My son just died.
我才死了儿子啊
I understand. I’m just trying to, to recreate the event.
我理解你的心情 我只不过是试着重现当时的场景
You can tell when your child isn’t feeling well.
你的孩子生病了 你能看出来的
You, uh, you try to explain it to them on the phone,
你试着在电♥话♥上给他们解释
and they say, uh, “Has he got a temperature?”
他们问 呃 “他发烧吗?”
You say no. “He’s all right then,” they say.
你说没有 他们就说”那他就没事”
“Don’t worry. Bring him into the clinic Monday morning.”
“不用担心 周一早上带他来诊所吧”
He died Monday morning.
他周一早上就死了
He was in the clinic when he died.
他死的时候是在诊所里
No.
不是
He was in the car… on the way.
他当时在车里… 在去诊所的路上
He died in the car on the way to the clinic?
他在去诊所的路上 死在了车里?
He died on I-93,
他死在了I-93公路上
out by the Summerville exit.
就在Summerville出口旁边
My wife was yellin’ that he’d stopped breathing.
我妻子大喊着 说他停止呼吸了
I pulled over and, and tried to give him C.P.R.
我停下车 试着给他做人工呼吸
I wa… I was holdin’ him in my lap.
我抱他… 放在我腿上
Lauren was… screamin’.
Lauren在… 痛苦地尖叫
Cars and trucks rushin’ by.
汽车和卡车呼啸而过
And, uh…
还有 呃…
Jarrod…
Jarrod 他…
I’m sorry.
对不起
It’s all right.
没关系
It’s okay.
没事
– How did it go? – We’ll talk about it in the car.
– 怎么样? – 我们到车上谈吧
He did very well.
干得好
These people can never testify.
绝对不能让这些人出庭作证

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!