Ah, there it is. My house.
啊,就在那儿,我的老家
And good old Cleveland Street. How could I ever forget it?
还有亲切如昔的克利夫兰大街,教我如何能从记忆中抹去呢?
And there I am, with that dumb round face and…
那边那个就是我,傻乎乎的圆脸蛋
that stupid stocking cap.
戴着顶蠢透了的绒线帽
But no matter. Christmas was on its way.
可有什么关系呢,圣诞就要来临了
Lovely, glorious, beautiful Christmas…
可爱的,欢乐的,美丽的圣诞啊
around which the entire kid year revolved.
一个孩子的一整年都是围着它转的
Downtown Hohman was prepared for its yearly bacchanalia of…
市中心霍曼大道上人们正为准备一年一度的
peace on earth and good will to men.
以“和平临世界,善愿及众生”为主题的酒神节而忙碌
Higbees’ corner window was traditionally a high-water mark…
黑比百货店的街角橱窗向来是
of the pre-Christmas season.
圣诞前季的最亮点
First nighters, packed earmuff to earmuff, jostled in wonderment…
赶来看新鲜的人们,万头攒动,叹为观止
before a golden tinkling display…
沉浸在机驱电动,声光幻影的展示
of mechanized, electronic joy.
所带来的欢乐中
Wow, there it is.
哇,它就在那儿
The holy grail of Christmas gifts.
令人梦寐以求的圣诞礼物
The Red Ryder 200-shot range model…
瑞得莱德两百发射击用…
air rifle.
气♥枪♥
And there he is.
那个就是他
Red Ryder himself.
牛仔瑞得莱德
In his hand was the knurled stock of as coolly deadly-looking…
他掌中的原木枪托属于
a piece of weaponry as ever I had laid eyes on.
我生平仅见的最冷血致命的一件武器
For weeks, I had been scheming to get my mitts on one of these…
好几个星期来,我一直在盘算着
fearsome blue-steel beauties.
如何染指那令人生畏的蓝钢尤物
My fevered brain seethed with the effort of trying to come up with…
我滚热的脑袋已经沸腾了
the infinitely subtle devices necessary to implant…
就为了要想出一个天衣无缝的奇谋妙计
the Red Ryder range model air rifle indelibly…
好把瑞得莱德射击用气♥枪♥深植入我父母的潜意识
into my parents’ subconscious.
让他们永志不忘
Ralphie!
拉尔菲!
Randy!
兰迪!
Down here in two minutes!
两分钟里面就给我下来!
And I mean two minutes!
我说了两分钟!
Come on, Ralphie. I got here first!
好了,拉尔菲,我先来的!
Cut it out.
够了
My mother, grabbing for her copy of Look magazine…
我妈妈拿起这份《看世界》杂♥志♥的时候
would find herself cleverly trapped into reading a Red Ryder sales pitch.
会发现她的目光被巧妙地诱导到了一则瑞得莱德的减价销♥售♥广♥告♥上了
They traded Bullfrog. I don’t believe it.
他们居然要换掉布弗劳格,真不敢相信
What’s that?
说什么呢?
Well, for Christ’s sake, the Sox traded Bullfrog…
哦,看在上帝的份上,红袜队要用布弗劳格
the only player they’ve got, for Shottenhoffer.
他们手头上唯一的击球手,来换肖藤霍夫
“Four Eyes” Shottenhoffer, a utility infielder.
“四眼”肖藤霍夫,一个攻守兼备的内野手
Got a whole goddamned team of utility infielders.
他们整个队伍都他妈的是内野手了
That’s nice.
那多好啊
Ralphie, on the double!
拉尔菲,给我赶紧!
Did you hear about this guy who swallowed a yo-yo?
你听说了有人吞下了个悠悠吗?
Swallowed a yo-yo?
吞下了个悠悠?
On a bet.
他跟人打赌
Some clodhopper down in Griffith, Indiana.
印地安那州格里菲思那儿的一个乡巴佬
They write the silliest things in the newspapers.
报上尽登这些无聊透顶的玩意儿
What do you mean, silly? I mean that’s real news.
你说啥,无聊? 我说这才是真正的新闻呢
That’s not like that politics slop.
这可不象那些倒胃口的政♥治♥垃圾
What is the name of the Lone Ranger’s nephew’s horse?
独行者侄子的马叫什么名字?
Victor. His name is Victor.
维克多,它叫维克多
How the hell did you know that?
见鬼你怎么知道?
Everybody knows that.
谁不知道啊
That’s another one of your silly puzzles?
又是你那些无聊的测验题?
Yeah, it’s another one of our silly puzzles.
对,又是我那些无聊的测验题
Could be worth $50,000.
但可能会值五万块
What kind is it this time?
这回是什么?
Name the great characters in American literature.
说出美国文学作品里的不朽人物的名字
Victor? The Lone Ranger’s nephew’s horse?
维克多?独行者侄子的马?
Meanwhile, I struggled for exactly the right BB gun hint.
与此同时,我也在绞尽脑汁在想个好点的关于气♥枪♥的暗示
It had to be firm, but subtle.
它必须很有力,但又要不着痕迹
Flick says he saw some grizzly bears near Pulaski’s candy store.
佛理克说他在普拉斯基的糖果店周围看到过大灰熊
They looked at me as if I had lobsters crawling out of my ears.
他们瞧着我就仿佛龙虾正从我耳朵眼里钻出来似的
I could tell that I was in imminent danger of over-playing my hand.
我很清楚因为花招玩过火了,我已经快大祸临头了
Casually, I switched tactics.
非常自然的,我改变了策略
Hey, Dad!
嘿,爸爸!
I’ll bet you’ll never guess what I got you for Christmas.
我打赌你永远猜不着圣诞我要送你什么
A new furnace.
新炉子吗
That’s a good one, Dad.
这个猜得不错,爸爸
My old man was one of the most feared furnace-fighters…in northern Indiana.
我老爸是最令人生畏的火炉斗士之一 在北印第安纳
Hurry up, you’re going to be late for school.
赶快,你们上学要迟到了
Yeah. I’m running late already.
呀,我已经迟了
Round one was over.
第一回合结束了
Parents, one.
大人,一比零
Kids, zip.
孩子,零比一
I could feel the Christmas noose beginning to tighten.
我可以感觉到圣诞的紧箍咒又上紧了一道
Maybe what happened next was inevitable.
也许接着发生的事是不可避免的
Ralphie, what would you like for Christmas?
拉尔菲,你圣诞想要点什么?
Horrified, I heard myself blurt it out.
满怀恐惧地,我听到自己竟然脱口而出
I want an official Red Ryder carbine action 200-shot range model air rifle.
我要一支正牌瑞得莱德半自动200发射击用气♥枪♥
No. Shoot your eye out.
不行,会把你眼珠射出来的
Oh, no! It was the classic mother-BB gun block.
哦,不! 经典的妈妈们拒绝气♥枪♥进门的挡路牌
“You’ll shoot your eye out.”
“会把你眼珠射出来的”
That deadly phrase uttered many times before by hundreds…
这句被成千上百个母亲常挂在嘴边的致命杀招
of mothers was not surmountable…
是孩子的世界里任何机变花巧
by any means known to kid-dom.
都无计战胜的
But such was my mania, my desire for a Red Ryder carbine…
但我对瑞得莱德气♥枪♥的痴狂和渴望
that I immediately began to rebuild the dike.
足以令我迅速开始重建堤坝
I was just kidding. Even though Flick is getting one.
我开玩笑呢,虽然佛理克就快有一支了
I’d just like some Tinkertoys.
我要几套组合玩具就行了
I couldn’t believe my own ears. Tinkertoys?
我都不敢相信我自己的耳朵了,组合玩具?
She’d never buy it.
她说什么也不会买♥♥的
BB guns are dangerous.
气♥枪♥太危险了
I don’t want anyone shooting his eye out.
我可不想看到谁的眼珠被打掉了
Randy, will you eat? There are starving people in China.
兰迪,你吃点好吗? 还有好多中国人就愁没的吃呢
Mothers know nothing about creeping marauders…
母亲们根本对那些土行孙强盗
burrowing through the snow toward the kitchen…
那些在雪地里打洞偷袭厨房♥的坏蛋们一无所知
where only you, and you alone, stand between your tiny…
而只有你,你单枪匹马一个人
huddled family and insensate evil.
挡身于你瑟缩成一堆的家人和冷血无情的恶棍之间
Save us, Ralphie! I just knew those bad guys…
救救我们,拉尔菲! 我就知道那帮坏蛋
would be coming for us in the end!
最终会找上门来的!
Don’t worry, Dad. As long as I got OI’ Blue…
别担心,爸爸,只要我还有这身行头在…
What’ve we got here, folks?
各位,我们的对头什么来头?
Well, we figure it’s Black Bart, Ralph.
哦,我估计是黑巴特,拉尔菲
Well, just me and my trusty old…
好,就凭我和我靠得住的老伙计
Red Ryder carbine-action 200-shot range model air rifle.
瑞得莱德半自动200发射击气♥枪♥
Lucky I’ve got a compass in the stock.
幸运的是在枪托上我们还有个指南针
Well, I think I better have a look here.
好了,我想我最好还是去瞧瞧吧
Oh, no!
哦,不!
It’s OI’ Blue!
是蓝衫牛仔!
Oh, no!
哦,不!
Cheese it, boys!
逃命去吧,小子们!
There’s another one! He’s a dead-eye, ain’t he?
又打中一个! 他可真叫百发百中啊
Okay, Ralphie!
行了,拉尔菲!
You win this time, but we’ll be back!
这回算你赢了,但我们还会回来的!
Adios, Bart.
一路顺风,巴特
But if you do come back, you’ll be pushing up daisies!
可你要是胆敢再来,你就准备好棺材吧!
And don’t you forget it!
你可千万别忘了!
Well, son, you saved us!
哦,好儿子,你救了我们!
We were goners for sure! And you saved us!
我们明明死定了! 可你救了我们!
Oldsmobile!
该死的奥斯莫比尔!
A pile of junk!
真是一堆垃圾!
That goddamned Olds is froze up again!
该死的老破车又冻住了!
Some men are Baptists, others Catholics. My father was an Oldsmobile man.
有人笃信基♥督♥教,有人笃信天主教,我父亲只信古董老车奥斯莫比尔
That son of a bitch would freeze up in the middle of summer on the Equator!
那狗♥娘♥养♥的三伏天在赤道也会冻住!
Little pitchers…
小水壶…
Hold it!
别吵!
It’s a clinker!
什么破玩意儿啊!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!