Who bears a strong resemblance to your sister.
和你姐姐长得很像
Does he? I never noticed.
是吗?我从没注意到
You never noticed?
你没注意到?
I think you’ve gone through life with your eyes closed.
我想你已经过了闭着眼睛的生活
Open them. Open them wide.
打开它们 把它们打开
You know this man.
你认识这个人
It’s old Fezziwig.
是老费齐维格
Oh, yes, my dear.
哦,是的,亲爱的
Would you ask Mr. Peuring to refer that matter to Mr. Scrooge?
请佩林先生把那件事交给史克鲁奇先生好吗?
Thank you, my dear.
谢谢你,亲爱的
And you know this place.
你知道这个地方
Know it? Was I not apprenticed here?
你知道吗?我不是在这里当学徒吗?
Yoo-hoo!
呜呜!
Pay attention, everybody! Dick? Ebenezer? Pens down.
大家注意!家伙?埃比尼泽?把笔放下
No more work tonight, boys. It is Christmas Eve.
今晚不用工作了,孩子们 今天是平安夜
So close those ledgers down.
所以把账本关了
Clear away in here, everybody. We need the room.
大家都离开这里 我们需要房♥间
Here we go, lad.
来了,小伙子
You’ll enjoy yourself tonight, Ebenezer. That is an order.
你今晚会玩得很开心的,埃比尼泽 这是命令
Yes, sir. I’ll try. Put your heart in it.
是的,先生 我试试看 把你的心放进去
You put enough of yourself into your work, and I have nothing but praise…
你在工作中投入了足够的精力,而我只有赞美…
…but you’re young.
…但你还年轻
There’s more to life than books of cloth and musty old ledgers.
生活中有比布书和发霉的旧账本更多的东西
It’s Mrs. Fezziwig and the three daughters and their suitors.
是费齐威格太太和三个女儿还有他们的求婚者
WOAnd a happy Christmas to you all!
祝大家圣诞快乐!
And Belle.
还有贝尔
I had forgotten…
我忘了…
…how beautiful she was.
…她多漂亮啊
Hello, Belle.
你好,贝尔
Hello.
你好
Would you like to dance? Yes.
你想跳舞吗?对
How long since you’ve danced, Ebenezer?
你跳舞多久了,埃比尼泽?
A waste of time, dancing.
浪费时间,跳舞
You didn’t think so then.
你当时不这么认为
There was a reason then.
那是有原因的
You’ve changed since you’ve come to Fezziwig’s. You were so gloomy.
自从你来到费齐维格家,你变了 你太忧郁了
I think I should warn you, Miss Belle. I am of a serious bent of mind.
我想我应该警告你,贝尔小姐 我有严重的思想倾向
I consider seriousness an admirable trait of character.
我认为严肃是一种令人钦佩的品质
But it can be overdone.
但这可能有些过头了
I shall take heed of your advice and go through life with a grin.
我将听从你的劝告,笑着度过一生
Come, you two! They’re striking up Sir Roger de Coverly.
来吧,你们两个!他们在袭击罗杰·德科弗利爵士
Time enough to sample the punch when you’re old and fat like me.
当你像我一样又老又胖的时候,有足够的时间来品尝这杯酒
I best partner my wife before that young scamp goes dancing off with her.
在那个小流氓和我妻子跳舞之前,我是她最好的搭档
What a difference it makes, Ebenezer, to travel the rough road of life…
埃比尼泽,在坎坷的人生道路上行走是多么的不同…
…with the right female to help bear the burden.
…有合适的女性来帮助承担责任
What a lucky man I am!
我真幸运!
Shall we join the others?
我们一起去好吗?
My pleasure, Miss Belle.
不客气,贝尔小姐
Old Fezziwig.
老费齐维格
A silly man.
一个愚蠢的人
Silly? Why silly?
傻?为什么这么傻?
What did he do to deserve the praises of those apprentices?
他做了什么值得那些徒弟称赞?
Spent a few pounds?
花了几英镑?
Dance like a monkey?
像猴子一样跳舞?
Beamed a great smile?
微笑着?
Well, the happiness he gives– Gave–
他给予的幸福–
Was quite as great as though it had cost 1 000 pounds.
就好像花了1000英镑一样棒
Just small things.
只是一些小事
Belle. Are you in love, Ebenezer?
贝尔 埃比泽,你恋爱了吗?
The thought had occurred to me. She’s too good for you.
我突然想到了这个想法 她对你来说太好了
One day, when I’ve made my fortune…
有一天,我发了财…
…then I’ll deserve her.
…那我就活该了
It was a night never to be forgotten.
这是一个永远难忘的夜晚
Never.
从未
But you did forget. Often. Huh?
但你忘了 经常 嗯?
Look. Another Christmas Eve…
你看 又一个平安夜…
…delayed by the pressure of business.
…因为生意的压力耽搁了
Do you remember? No.
你还记得吗?不
Hello, Belle.
你好,贝尔
Now do you remember?
现在你还记得吗?
I’m sorry I’m late.
对不起,我迟到了
I thought you might not come. I know how busy you are.
我以为你不会来了 我知道你有多忙
Well…
好…
…the time of year, and the nature of my business.
…一年中的时间,以及我生意的性质
It’s important now that I use my time and opportunities wisely.
明智地利用时间和机会现在很重要
Another idol has displaced me.
另一个偶像取代了我
What idol has displaced you? A golden one.
什么偶像取代了你?一个金色的
All your hopes have merged into a master passion: profit.
你所有的希望都化成了一种激♥情♥:利润
The thought of money engrosses you.
一想到钱你就心神不定
Perhaps I’ve become wiser.
也许我变聪明了
But I’ve not changed towards you.
但我对你没有改变
Our contract is an old one.
我们的合同是旧合同
It was made when we were young and our prospects limited.
它是我们年轻时制♥作♥的,我们的前景有限
How often I’ve thought of those times.
我经常想起那些时候
If there had been no understanding between us…
如果我们之间没有谅解…
…would you seek me out and try to win me now?
…你现在能找到我并争取我吗?
A dowerless girl with nothing but myself to bring to a marriage?
一个没有嫁妆的女孩,除了我自己什么都没有?
You have no answer?
你没有答案?
You think I would not? Oh, what a safe and terrible answer.
你觉得我不会吗?哦,多安全又可怕的回答啊
So characteristic of the careful man.
所以他是个谨慎的人
Ebenezer, I release you.
埃比尼泽,我放了你
You are a free man.
你是个自♥由♥人
I let you go with a full heart.
我心满意足地让你走了
May you be happy in the life you have chosen.
愿你在你选择的生活中快乐
I almost went after her.
我差点追上她
“Almost” carries no weight.
“几乎”没有分量
Especially in matters of the heart.
尤其是在心脏方面
And you did have a heart, didn’t you?
你有一颗心,不是吗?
Why didn’t you follow her?
你为什么不跟着她?
Upon his death, my father…
我父亲死后…
…left me a small inheritance.
…留给我一小笔遗产
Belle wished to be married, insisting we’d get by on very little.
贝尔希望结婚,坚持说我们只能靠很少的钱过日子
But I wanted something more for both of us. So I…
但我想为我们俩做更多的事 所以我…
…lent out that money.
…把钱借给别人了
Laid the foundations for financial success, which I have achieved.
为我取得的经济成功奠定了基础
Congratulations. And I’ll thank you not to sneer.
祝贺 你 谢谢你不要嘲笑我
Show me no more. Conduct me home. You have explained what you gained.
别再给我看了 带我回家 你已经解释了你得到了什么
Now I will show you what you have lost.
现在我要告诉你你失去了什么
Belle. Yes, Belle.
贝尔 是的,贝尔
And those are her children!
那些是她的孩子!
Oh, darling, he’s wonderful! Isn’t he?
哦,亲爱的,他太棒了!他不是吗?
Oh, Lord, what a brood!
哦,上帝,真是一窝!
Hello, hello. Hello, my dear.
你好,你好 你好,亲爱的
Hello, Papa. Where’s my present? Where’s my present?
你好,爸爸 我的礼物呢?我的礼物呢?
You will have to wait until tonight. All of you.
你得等到今晚 你们所有人
Presents on Christmas Eve, as usual.
平安夜的礼物,和往常一样
Fancy.
想像力
They might’ve been mine.
他们可能是我的
The same thought occurred to me.
我也有同样的想法
I saw an old friend of yours in the city this afternoon.
今天下午我在城里见到了你的一位老朋友
Who was it? Guess.
是谁?猜猜看
I can’t.
我不能
I don’t know.
我不知道
Ebenezer Scrooge? Mr. Scrooge it was.
埃比尼泽·斯克鲁奇?史克鲁奇先生,是的
I passed his office window and it was not shuttered.
我经过他办公室的窗户,窗户没有关上
He had a single candle lit upon his desk.
他桌上只点了一支蜡烛
His partner, Jacob Marley, lies on the point of death.
他的搭档雅各布·马利濒临死亡
And there he sat. Ebenezer Scrooge, alone.
他独自一人坐在那里
Quite alone in the world, I do believe.
我相信在这个世界上是孤独的
Poor Ebenezer.
可怜的埃比尼泽