…in the comprehensive ocean of my business!
…在我生意的海洋里!
I’m sorry for you, Jacob. Is there anything I can do for you?
我为你难过,雅各布 有什么需要我帮忙的吗?
For me?
为了我?
Nay. It is too late.
不 太晚了
But I have come…
但是我来了…
…for your sake, Ebenezer.
…为了你,埃比尼泽
Have you? Well, you always were a good friend.
有你?你一直是个好朋友
As part of my penance…
作为我忏悔的一部分…
…l have been sent to warn you. And so you have.
…我是来警告你的 你也是
And to offer you a hope and chance of escaping my fate…
给你一个逃离我命运的希望和机会…
…you will be haunted by three spirits.
…你会被三个幽灵缠住
Three spirits? ls that the chance and hope you mention?
三个幽灵?希望你提到这个机会吗?
It is.
它是
In that case, I think I’d rather not.
如果是那样的话,我想我还是不要
Expect the first tonight…
期待今晚的第一场…
…when the bell tolls one.
…当钟声敲响的时候
Couldn’t they all come at the same time and have it over?
他们不能同时来结束吗?
Expect the second on the stroke of two.
预计第二个在二冲程
The third, more mercurial…
第三,更加多变…
…shall appear in his own good time.
…会在他合适的时候出现
Look to me no more.
别再看我了
Look that you may remember…
你可能还记得…
…what has passed between us.
…我们之间发生了什么
Humbug.
骗子
Something I ate.
我吃了点东西
One.
一个
What was it Marley said?
马利说了什么?
Nothing.
没有什么
Just a dream.
只是个梦
Are you the spirit whose coming was foretold to me?
你就是那向我预言要来的灵吗?
I am.
我是
Who and what are you?
你是谁,你是什么?
I am the Ghost of Christmas Past.
我是过去圣诞节的幽灵
Long past? No. Your past.
很久以前了?不,你的过去
Perhaps you would do me the favor…
也许你能帮我个忙…
…of placing upon your head that cap that you hold in your hand.
…把你手里的帽子戴在头上
I bring the light of truth.
我带来真理之光
Would you use this cap to put it out?
你能用这顶帽子把它熄灭吗?
I beg your pardon. I had no intention of offending.
请再说一遍 我无意冒犯
What business brings you here?
什么事把你带到这里来了?
It is for your welfare that I appear. I can think of no greater welfare…
我出现是为了你的福利 我想不出比这更大的福利了…
…than a night of uninterrupted sleep.
…不间断的睡眠
Be careful, Ebenezer Scrooge. I speak of your reclamation.
小心点,埃比尼泽·斯克鲁奇 我说的是你的复垦
Well, if it’s reclamation, then…
如果是填海,那么…
…let’s get on with it.
…我们继续吧
Come.
来吧
We shall be invisible…
我们将是隐形的…
…and silent as the grave.
…像坟墓一样沉默
You will now see a child, a youth.
你现在将看到一个孩子,一个年轻人
You will see yourself, Ebenezer.
你会看到你自己的,埃比尼泽
The air is so clean. How different from the city.
空气真干净 与城市有多大的不同
Do you know where you are?
你知道你在哪里吗?
Of course, I….
当然,我…
I was bred here. I was a boy in this place.
我是在这里长大的 我在这里还是个男孩
That’s Daniel Costas. And Robert Estes.
那是丹尼尔·科斯塔斯 还有罗伯特·埃斯特斯
Hello, Daniel.
你好,丹尼尔
The big one there, that’s David Tyler.
那个大的,是大卫·泰勒
David, look here! lt’s Ebenezer!
大卫,看这里!是埃比尼泽!
I told you, Ebenezer. They can’t hear you.
我告诉过你,埃比尼泽 他们听不见你说话
How happy they all seem.
他们看起来都很幸福
That’s right. They do.
这是正确的 是的
Yes, well, it’s time to move on.
是的,是时候继续了
Come along, Ebenezer. You know the way.
来吧,埃比尼泽 你知道路
I could walk it blindfolded.
我可以蒙着眼睛走路
Your school.
你的学校
I remember.
我记得
And it’s Christmas Day.
今天是圣诞节
There’s a boy in there, neglected.
里面有个男孩,被忽视了
The boy is deserted by his friends and his family.
这个男孩被他的朋友和家人遗弃了
His mother is dead. His father holds him a grudge.
他妈妈死了 他父亲对他怀恨在心
Why does his father hold him a grudge?
他父亲为什么对他怀恨在心?
She died in childbirth.
她死于分娩
His birth.
他的出生
Weep for the boy, if the tears will come.
为男孩哭泣吧,如果眼泪会来的话
He has his friends, even on this day.
即使在今天,他也有他的朋友
All his beloved books.
他所有心爱的书
His Ali Baba.
他的阿里巴巴
Dear old honest Ali Baba.
亲爱的老老实阿里巴巴
The Sultan’s groom, turned upside down for Genie.
苏丹的新郎,为了妖怪倒过来
But not a real child to talk to. Not a living person.
但不是一个真正的孩子 不是活人
Robinson Crusoe, not real?
鲁滨逊漂流记,不是真的吗?
And Friday? And the parrot…
星期五呢?还有鹦鹉…
…with green body and yellow tail? Not real?
…有绿色的身体和黄色的尾巴?不是真的吗?
He made do, this boy.
他做了,这个男孩
Let us see another Christmas Day…
让我们再看一个圣诞节…
…when you were a youth.
…你年轻的时候
Fan.
风扇
Fan! Dear, dear brother.
粉丝!亲爱的,亲爱的兄弟
I’ve come to bring you home, dear brother.
我是来带你回家的,亲爱的兄弟
To bring you home.
带你回家
Home.
家
Home, little Fan?
回家,小粉丝?
Yes.
对
Home for good and all.
永远的家
Father’s much kinder than he used to be.
父亲比以前和蔼可亲多了
He spoke to me so gently one night…
一天晚上他对我说得那么温柔…
…l was not afraid to ask once more if you might come home.
…我不怕再问你是否可以回家
And he said yes, you should. And sent me in a coach to bring you.
他说是的,你应该 派我坐马车来接你
You’re quite a woman, little Fan.
你真是个女人,小粉丝
And you…
和你…
…are to be a man now.
…现在就要成为一个男人了
And never come back here.
再也不要回来了
Come. We mustn’t keep Father waiting.
来吧 我们不能让父亲等着
Father!
神父!
There, boy, down. Stand still now.
好了,孩子,下来 现在别动
Let me look at you.
让我看看你
They haven’t been overfeeding you, that’s certain.
他们没有给你吃得太多,这是肯定的
I’ve grown. I think.
我长大了 我想
Yes, most boys do.
是的,大多数男孩都喜欢
You know you won’t move back here. Yes, sir.
你知道你不会搬回来的 是的,先生
It’s time you made your way. I’ve arranged an apprenticeship.
你该走了 我已经安排了学徒期
You’ll move into Mr. Fezziwig’s in three days.
三天后你就要搬进费齐维格先生家了
Three days, Father?
三天,神父?
I’d hoped we’d have him home for longer.
我希望他能在家呆久一点
Longer?
比较长的?
Three days is quite long enough for both of us.
三天对我们俩来说都够长了
Don’t you think, Ebenezer?
你不觉得吗,埃比尼泽?
Yes, sir.
是的,先生
Quite long enough.
够长了
Finished back there? All safe and secure, sir.
完成了吗?一切安全,长官
Into the carriage, Fan.
到车厢里去,范
Be on our way.
马上就来
Into the carriage, boy.
上车,孩子
Giddyap!
吉迪亚普!
Fan pleaded for more time, but my father was a very…
范冰冰恳求再给他点时间,但我父亲是个非常…
…stern man.
…严厉的人
And Fan– She died a young woman.
还有范——她死的时候是个年轻女子
She had such a generous nature. Yes, too young.
她生性慷慨大方 是的,太年轻了
Old enough to bear a child. One son.
大到可以生孩子了 一个儿子
Fred, your nephew. Fred Holywell, yes.
弗雷德,你侄子 弗雷德·霍利韦尔,是的