…our bread will be dearer. The poor will suffer.
…我们的面包会更贵 穷♥人♥会受苦的
Buy the corn someplace else.
去别的地方买♥♥玉米
Scrooge, a moment.
史克鲁奇,等一下
We’ll take your corn at the price you quoted yesterday.
我们将按你方昨天所报的价格接受你方玉米
Too late. Tomorrow it’ll cost you another five percent.
太晚了 明天你还要花5%的钱
It’s not fair!
这不公平!
No. But it’s business.
不,但这是生意
I’ll give you a moment to make up your minds.
我给你一点时间做决定
All right, Scrooge. Done and done.
好吧,史克鲁奇 完成了,完成了
Very good, gentlemen.
很好,先生们
Now make sure that the draw for this transaction…
现在确保这笔交易的抽签…
…is deposited with my clerk.
…存放在我的职员那里
I don’t ship until I have the cash in hand. Good day.
我手头没有现金才发货 很好的一天
Mr. Scrooge, I presume? Indeed you do, sir.
我想是史克鲁奇先生吧?确实是这样,先生
You don’t know us. Nor do I wish to.
你不认识我们 我也不想
My name is Poole, and this is Mr. Hacking.
我叫普尔,这位是哈金先生
Excellent. Now allow me to pass. Let me explain.
杰出的 现在请允许我通过 让我解释一下
At this festive season of the year, it seems desirable…
在一年中这个喜庆的季节,它似乎是可取的…
…that those of us with means should make some provision…
…我们这些有钱人应该做些准备…
…for the poor and destitute who suffer greatly at this time.
…为了那些在这个时候遭受巨大痛苦的穷♥人♥
Provision? Are you seeking money from me?
供应?你在找我要钱吗?
Thousands are in want of common necessaries…
成千上万的人需要普通必需品…
…and in want of common comforts.
…缺少共同的舒适
Are there no prisons? Plenty of prisons.
没有监狱吗?很多监狱
Are the workhouses in operation? I wish I could say no.
济贫院在运转吗?我希望我能说不
The treadmill, the poorhouses…
跑步机,贫民院…
…still in full vigor? All very busy, sir.
…仍然精力充沛?都很忙,先生
I was afraid from what you said…
我害怕你说的话…
…that something had stopped them in full force.
…有什么东西完全阻止了他们
A few of us are endeavoring to raise a fund…
我们中的一些人正在努力筹款…
…to buy the poor some meat, drink, food and warmth.
…给穷♥人♥买♥♥些肉、饮料、食物和温暖
What can we put you down for, sir? Nothing.
先生,我们能把你放下来干什么?没有什么
You wish to be anonymous? I wish to be left alone.
你想匿名吗?我希望一个人呆着
Since you asked me what I wish, that is my answer.
既然你问我的愿望是什么,那就是我的答案
I don’t make merry myself at Christmas…
我不在圣诞节自娱自乐…
…and I can’t afford to make idle people merry.
…我不能让闲人快乐
My taxes help to support the public institutions.
我的税收有助于支持公共机构
And they cost enough.
而且价格也够贵
Those who are badly off must go there.
穷困潦倒的人必须去那里
Many can’t go there. And many would rather die.
很多人不能去那里 许多人宁愿死
Well, if they would rather die, perhaps they had better do so…
好吧,如果他们宁愿死,也许他们最好这样做…
…and decrease the surplus population.
…减少剩余人口
You don’t mean that? With all my heart.
你不是那个意思吧?全心全意
Now, if you will go about your business…
现在,如果你愿意做你的事…
…and allow me to go about mine. Good day.
…允许我继续我的 很好的一天
Father!
神父!
Tim.
提姆
You must be frozen.
你一定冻僵了
I’m all right now.
我现在没事了
Can we go home by Corn Hill and watch the children play in the snow?
我们能从玉米山回家看孩子们在雪地里玩吗?
Of course we can.
我们当然可以
Tim, I’m to have the whole day off tomorrow.
蒂姆,我明天要放一整天假
We’ll be together, the whole family for the entire day!
我们会在一起,一家人在一起一整天!
Hurrah for Christmas, the best day of the year!
圣诞快乐,一年中最美好的一天!
He strove for silver in his heart
他为心中的银子而奋斗
And gold in all his days
在他所有的日子里都是金子
His reason weak, his anger sharp And sorrow all his pay
他的理智是软弱的,他的愤怒是尖锐的,他所有的付出都是悲伤
He went to church but once a year
他一年只上一次教堂
Look. They’re having such fun, Father.
你看 他们玩得很开心,神父
Go on, catch it.
继续,抓住它
You’ll be there one day, playing with the other children.
总有一天你会在那里,和其他孩子一起玩
I’m quite sure I will.
我很肯定我会的
I feel I’m getting stronger every day.
我觉得我一天比一天强壮
We must go home now. Your mother will be waiting.
我们现在必须回家了 你妈妈会等你的
Yes. lt’s time to go home.
对 该回家了
Scrooge.
史克鲁奇
Ebenezer Scrooge.
埃比尼泽·斯克鲁奇
Who’s calling me?
谁在叫我?
Someone call my name?
有人叫我名字吗?
Scrooge.
史克鲁奇
Marley?
马利?
Scrooge.
史克鲁奇
Humbug.
骗子
It’s humbug. I won’t believe it.
这是骗人的 我不会相信的
What do you want with me?
你想我怎么样?
Much.
很多
Who are you? Ask me who I was.
你是谁?问我是谁
You are particular for a ghost. Who were you then?
你是一个特别的鬼 那时你是谁?
In life, I was your partner, Jacob Marley.
在生活中,我是你的搭档,雅各布·马利
Well, can you sit down? I can.
你能坐下吗?我可以
Well, do it then.
好吧,那就做吧
You don’t believe in me.
你不相信我
I don’t.
我不
What evidence would you have of my reality…
你有什么证据能证明我的现实…
…beyond that of your own senses? I don’t know.
…超越你自己的感觉?我不知道
Why do you doubt your senses?
你为什么怀疑自己的感觉?
Because a little thing affects them. A slight disorder of the stomach.
因为一件小事影响了他们 胃的轻微紊乱
You might be a bit of bad beef or a blot of mustard…
你可能是一块坏牛肉或者一块芥末…
…or a fragment of an underdone potato.
…或是一块未煮熟的土豆碎片
There’s more of gravy than a grave about you, whatever you are. Humbug.
不管你是谁,你身上的肉汁比坟墓还多 骗子
Mercy.
仁慈
Dreadful apparition. Why do you trouble me?
可怕的幽灵 你为什么找我麻烦?
Man of the worldly mind, do you believe in me or not?
凡夫俗子,你信不信我?
I do! I must!
我愿意!我必须!
But why do spirits walk the earth? Why do you come to me?
但是为什么灵魂会在地球上行走呢?你为什么来找我?
It is required of every man…
这是每个人都需要的…
…that the spirit within him should walk abroad…
…他内心的灵魂应该走出去…
…among his fellow men and travel far and wide.
…在他的同胞中,远走高飞
And if that spirit goes not forth in life…
如果这种精神不在生活中传播…
…it is condemned to do so after death.
…它被判在死后这样做
It is doomed to wander through the world…
它注定要在世界上徘徊…
…and witness what it cannot share.
…见证它无法分享的东西
But might have shared.
但可能已经分享了
And turn to happiness.
转向幸福
You’re chained. Tell me why.
你被锁链锁住了 告诉我为什么
I wear the chain I forged in life.
我戴着我在生活中锻造的锁链
I made it link by link and yard by yard.
我一个接一个,一♥码♥接一♥码♥
Is its pattern strange to you…
你觉得它的图案奇怪吗…
…or would you know the weight and length…
…或者你知道重量和长度…
…of the strong coil you bear yourself?
…你自己承受的强大的线圈?
It was as full, as heavy…
它很满,很重…
…and as long as this seven Christmas Eves ago.
…只要这七个圣诞夜之前
You have labored on it since. It is a ponderous chain!
从那以后你一直在努力 这是一条笨重的锁链!
I see no chain.
我看不到锁链
Mine were invisible…
我的是隐形的…
…until the day of my death…
…直到我死的那天…
…as yours shall be.
…像你的一样
Jacob.
雅各布
Tell me more. Speak comfort to me.
告诉我更多 安慰我吧
I have none to give.
我什么也不给
My spirit…
我的灵魂…
…never walked beyond our countinghouse.
…从没走出过我们的伯爵府
In life, my spirit never roved beyond the narrow limits…
在生活中,我的精神从未超越过狭窄的界限…
…of our money-changing hole.
…我们的钱换洞
No doubt of that. You were a good man of business.
毫无疑问 你是个好生意人
Business?
生意?
Mankind was my business.
人类是我的事
The common welfare was my business.
福利是我的共同事业
Charity, mercy, forbearance and benevolence were all my business.
慈善、仁慈、忍♥耐和仁慈都是我的事
The dealings of my trade were but a drop of water…
我的生意不过是一滴水…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!