Oh, Fred! I do love you.
哦,弗雷德!我真的爱你
And not just for this. I know.
不仅仅是为了这个 我知道
I know.
我知道
Who can that be? No one’s expected this early.
那会是谁?没人料到这么早
My God!
天哪!
It’s Uncle Ebenezer.
我是埃比尼泽叔叔
Your uncle?
你叔叔?
What would he want?
他想要什么?
Open the door, Mary.
开门,玛丽
I’m sure I don’t know.
我肯定我不知道
Fred. Uncle Ebenezer.
弗雷德 埃比尼泽叔叔
May I come in?
我可以进来吗?
Yes, come in.
是的,请进
Please. Thank you.
拜托 非常感谢
Do come in.
一定要进来
Good afternoon, madame.
下午好,夫人
Merry Christmas.
圣诞快乐
Merry Christmas to you.
祝你圣诞快乐
Uncle Ebenezer, this is my wife, Janet.
埃比尼泽叔叔,这是我妻子,珍妮特
Janet, this is Uncle Ebenezer.
珍妮特,这是埃比尼泽叔叔
It’s a pleasure.
很荣幸
More like a surprise, wouldn’t you say?
更像是个惊喜,你说呢?
Well, that too.
嗯,那也是
Well, that is quite true.
嗯,那倒是真的
Quite honestly, it is a surprise.
老实说,这是一个惊喜
When we spoke yesterday, you made it quite clear…
我们昨天谈的时候,你说得很清楚…
…that you wouldn’t accept my invitation.
…你不接受我的邀请
I made other things clear too, didn’t l, Fred?
我也说得很清楚,不是吗,弗雷德?
That Christmas was a humbug, a waste of time and money.
那个圣诞节是个骗局,浪费时间和金钱
A false and commercial festival…
一个虚假的商业节日…
…devoutly to be ignored.
…虔诚地被忽视
Yes, basically that was it.
是的,基本上就是这样
I’ve come for three reasons.
我来这里有三个原因
First, to beg your pardon.
首先,请原谅
For what I said about Christmas.
感谢我所说的圣诞节
That was a humbug, Fred.
那是个骗局,弗雷德
Was it? Mm-hm. I didn’t know it then, but I do now.
是吗?嗯,我当时不知道,但现在知道了
Secondly, I’ve come to meet your wife.
其次,我是来见你妻子的
Well, here she is. Yes.
嗯,她来了 对
And a very beautiful woman she is too.
她也是个非常漂亮的女人
Thank you.
非常感谢
I, uh….
一、 呃…
I was in love once.
我曾经恋爱过
Would you believe that?
你相信吗?
Yes.

But I possessed neither the courage nor the optimism…
但我既没有勇气也没有乐观…
…perhaps the depth of feeling that you two have.
…也许是你们两个感情的深度
Thirdly, if the invitation to dine is still in force…
第三,如果用餐邀请仍然有效…
…l accept.
…我接受
Of course it’s still in force.
当然,它仍然有效
Hurrah!
万岁!
I was sure that one day….
我确信有一天…
You were sure? Well, apparently you were right.
你确定?显然你是对的
Yes, I should like to dine with you.
是的,我想和你一起吃饭
You’ll be more than welcome.
你会非常受欢迎的
You like games, don’t you?
你喜欢游戏,是吗?
Yes, as a matter of fact I do.
是的,事实上我知道
Do you ever play Similes?
你玩过明喻吗?
It’s one of our favorites.
它是我们的最爱之一
Perhaps we could play today. Quite possibly.
也许我们今天可以玩 很有可能
I’m very good at it.
我很在行
And should the phrase “tight as…” be thrown out…
“紧得像…”这句话应该扔掉吗…
…the answer is, a drum.
…答案是,鼓
Why, yes. So it is.
为什么,是的 的确如此
Good.
很好
Forgive me for saying this, but I see the shadow of my sister in your face.
原谅我这么说,但我看到你脸上有我妹妹的影子
I loved your mother, Fred.
我爱你妈妈,弗雷德
For a time there, I forgot just how much I loved her.
有一段时间,我忘记了我有多爱她
Perhaps I chose to forget.
也许我选择了忘记
Well, now.
好吧,现在
I should like to sample some of that famous punch.
我想尝尝那种著名的潘趣酒
Of course. You’ve made us both very happy, Uncle Ebenezer.
当然 你让我们都很高兴,埃比尼泽叔叔
Have l? Yes.
是吗?对
God forgive me for the time I’ve wasted.
上帝原谅我浪费的时间
Nine o’clock. Late again, eh, Cratchit?
九点钟 又迟到了,克拉奇?
We’ll see about this.
我们拭目以待
Mr. Cratchit!
克拉奇先生!
Yes, sir.
是的,先生
You know what time it is?
你知道现在几点了吗?
Yes, sir. What time is it?
是的,先生 几点了?
Eighteen past the hour, sir.
一点十八分,先生
Eighteen and a half past the hour.
18点半
What do you mean coming here at this time of day?
你说这个时候来这儿是什么意思?
I’m sorry, sir. I am behind my time.
对不起,先生 我落后了
Yes, I think you are.
是的,我想你是
Step this way, if you will, please?
请这边走,好吗?
It’s only once a year, sir. It shall not be repeated.
一年只有一次,先生 不得重复
I was making rather merry yesterday.
我昨天玩得很开心
Well I’ll tell you, my friend, I won’t stand for this any longer.
好吧,我告诉你,我的朋友,我再也受不了了
Therefore….
因此…
Therefore, I am going to…
因此,我要…
…double your salary!
…双倍的薪水!
Double my salary, sir?
是我薪水的两倍吗,先生?
Yes, Bob.
是的,鲍勃
A merry Christmas to you.
祝你圣诞快乐
I’ll double your salary and assist your family in any way I can.
我会给你双倍的薪水,尽我所能帮助你的家庭
And Tim? Tim will walk again.
蒂姆呢?蒂姆又会走路了
And grow stronger and stronger. Upon my life, he will.
变得越来越强壮 以我的生命起誓,他会的
We’ll discuss the particulars this afternoon over a Christmas bowl.
今天下午我们在圣诞碗上讨论细节
What is the matter with you?
你怎么了?
Nothing, sir.
没什么,先生
Well, it’s just that….
嗯,只是…
Nothing.
没有什么
Thank you, sir. You’re welcome, my good fellow.
谢谢,先生 不客气,我的好朋友
Make up the fire before we freeze to death.
在我们冻死之前把火补好
Buy some more coal…
多买♥♥点煤…
…before you dot another “I”!
…在你点另一个“我”之前!
Yes, sir.
是的,先生
Ebenezer Scrooge was better than his word.
埃比尼泽·斯克鲁奇比他的话更可信
He became as good a friend, as good a master…
他成了一个好朋友,一个好主人…
…as good a man as the old city knew.
…就像老城知道的那样好
And to Tiny Tim, who did not die, he was a second father.
对小蒂姆来说,他是第二个父亲,他没有死
It was said of Ebenezer Scrooge that he kept Christmas well.
据说埃比尼泽·斯克鲁奇把圣诞节过得很好
If any man alive possessed the knowledge…
如果任何活着的人拥有知识…
…may that be truly said of us, and all of us.
…愿我们和我们所有人都如此
And so as Tiny Tim observed:
正如蒂尼·蒂姆所观察到的:
“God bless us, everyone.”
“上帝保佑我们,每个人 ”
The past of man was cold as ice
人类的过去冷冰冰的
He would not mend his ways
他不愿改过自新
He strove for silver in his heart
他为心中的银子而奋斗
And gold in all his days
在他所有的日子里都是金子
His reason weak, his anger sharp And sorrow all his pay
他的理智是软弱的,他的愤怒是尖锐的,他所有的付出都是悲伤
He went to church but once a year
他一年只上一次教堂
And that was Christmas day
那是圣诞节
The present man is full of flame
现在的人充满激♥情♥
He rushes here and there
他跑来跑去
He turns away the orphan child
他把孤儿赶走了
The widow in her chair
坐在椅子上的寡妇
He takes more Than he really needs
他拿的比他真正需要的多
Forgets how brief his stay
忘了他的逗留时间有多短

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!