有些人认为我是很聪明的
…considered by some to be smart.
如果如此
If that is so…
这让我成为真正的少数分子
…it makes me member of a true minority group.
少数族群比较喜欢沉默
Minority groups are more comfortable in silence.
我认为情况刚好相反 但你不同意
Really? I should have thought the opposite was true. But you do disapprove?
元帅蒙哥马利想出计策 令我感到万分雀跃
I am thrilled your great Field Marshal Montgomery has devised such a plan.
我保证若此计可行 我会狂喜不已
I promise you, I’ll be properly ecstatic if it works.
待此计成功
When it works.
当然了 待此计成功
Of course. When it works.
谢谢
Thank you.
好了 现在讲细节
Well, now let’s get down to the details.
首先我们要
Firstly, we shall have to have…
他们会从哪攻来 由谁领军
From which direction will their attack come, and who will command?
蒙哥马利还是巴顿
Montgomery or Patton?
-摩德尔 你认为呢 -巴顿
– Model, what do you think? – Patton.
他是盟军的精英
He is their best.
巴顿会领军进攻
Patton will lead the assault.
我倒想是蒙哥马利
I would prefer Montgomery…
但艾森豪威尔也不会那么笨
…but even Eisenhower isn’t that stupid.
比崔斯的装甲部队需要休息
Bittrich’s panzer troops need some rest…
养精蓄锐 对付巴顿
…if they’re to stop Patton.
该叫他们退去安全之地
We should pull them back somewhere safe.
僻静低调 但哪儿好呢
Safe, quiet, out of the way. But where?
安亨
Arnhem?
安亨
Arnhem.
美军在英第82空降师总部
-保持联络 -好的
– I’ll be in touch. – That’ll be fine.
为何开紧急会议
Why the emergency meeting?
-部署有小改变 -改变有多少
– Keeping abreast of the little changes. – How big are the little changes?
我以英式口吻答你 改变可大了
I’ll answer you with typical British understatement: Gigantic.
他们不能一下子总动员
They can’t get us all in at once.
太多人 太多军备 飞机不足够
Too many men, too much equipment, not enough planes.
去安亨要三天 包括波兰佬和英兵
It’s going to take three days to get the men into Arnhem, Poles and British.
-我们呢 -我们会没事
– How about us? – We’ll be all right.
除了要在白天空降 我们大可放心了
Aside from the fact that we parachute in daylight, we have no worries.
白天
Daylight?
-曾有此经验吗 -没这么大型的
– Has it ever been tried before? – Not in a major drop.
-这么大阵仗可有原因 -希望没有
– Think there might be a reason for that? – Let’s hope not.
-你认为呢 -该会没事
– What do you think? – It’ll be all right.
现在是”没月光”的时刻 始终要在白天出动
It’s a no-moon period anyway. We have to go in daylight.
只要他们送我们去目标区一里
Just so they get us over the target area, half a mile away.
或是四分三里外– 我就很满足了
Three-quarters of a mile. I’ll settle for that.
我不要再听别的
I don’t want to hear anything else.
-还有其他事吗 -你是我的荷兰顾问
– Is there anything else? – Well, you’re my Dutch advisor, Harry.
我有事情忘了告诉你吗
I forgot to tell you something?
德军曾在1940年企图夺取
Only that the Germans first tried to take Nijmegen Bridge back in 1940…
奈梅亨桥 结果惨败
…and got slaughtered.
快掉头
Go back.
快掉头
Go back.
依我吩咐做
Do as I say.
但我朋友住在街的另一边
But my friend lives down the road.
今天是我生日 她有礼物送给我
It’s my birthday, and she has a present for me.
请让我过去
Please let me through.
好了 快点
All right. Be quick.
你认清楚了颜色
Are you sure about the colors?
肯定 相信我
I’m sure, Father. Believe me.
摩德尔
Model?
陆军元帅在安亨 为什么
A field marshal in Arnhem? Why?
英军自会有解释
The British will have an explanation.
你传了有关坦克的消息吗
Did you pass on the message about the tanks?
当然传了 但摩德尔更重要
Of course. But Model is something more important.
你是个好男孩 而且是个出色的间谍
You’re a good boy and a wonderful spy.
现在快去帮妈妈准备晚饭
Now go and help your mother with supper.
-长官 -怎样 富勒
– Sir? – Yes, Fuller?
-收到有关坦克的情报 -什么
– We’ve got some information on tanks. – What?
从安亨来的荷兰地下情报
Dutch underground reports from the Arnhem area.
-他们够强大吗 -不 但我有–
– Established their strength? – No, sir, but I’ve got…
-他们被验证了吗 -未经我们的情报局证实
– Have they been identified? – Not by our intelligence, sir.
那也就是之前的传闻 对吗
So it’s the same rumors as before, right?
-我相信真有其事 -为什么
– I believe these rumors, sir. – Why?
我们一致认为敌军
The general consensus of opinion is that our opposition…
包括有黄毛小子和骑单车的老伯
…will consist entirely of Hitler Youth or old men on bicycles.
我实在不明所以 长官
I don’t really know why, sir.
也许情报局的人也是一样吧
Perhaps because no one in Intelligence does.
我只想确保我们的空降行动
I just want to be sure our airborne carpet…
能顺利完成 士兵平安
…consists of live troops, not dead ones.
我知道人人认为我过分紧张
I know everybody thinks I’m overanxious, sir…
但我想派出另一支侦察队
…but I would like to order another low-level reconnaissance of the area.
若你不反对的话
If that’s all right with you, sir.
很好
Very well.
好了 韦逊
All right, Wilson.
很好
Very well.
我才不会担心别人怎么看你
I wouldn’t be too concerned about what people think of you.
你只是比我们大多数人聪明
You happen to be somewhat brighter than most of us.
这让我精神紧张
Tends to make us nervous.
我们当然会尽力做到 你的策略需求
Naturally we’ll do our utmost to meet your tactical requirements, sir.
但请你记住
But please keep in mind…
有一个问题会破坏全盘大计
…the one factor which is crippling all our plans.
你也许觉得这未必会发生
It may seem improbable to you…
但我们严重缺乏运输机
…but we are desperately short of transport aircraft.
我知道这个
I am aware of that.
真奇怪在蒙哥马利想出此计时 没人告诉他这个
I was surprised nobody mentioned it to Monty when he dreamed up this plan.
空投区要尽量接近桥道
I need drop zones as close as possible to the bridge.
这一区根本没用
Clearly this area’s no use at all.
不能让我的部下在烟囱降落 但这地方挺合适
Can’t have my chaps landing on the top of chimneys but this looks inviting here.
-地形呢 -对不起
– What’s the terrain like? – Sorry, sir.
报告指出这一带不适合滑翔降落
All our reports indicate that this terrain is too soft for glider landings.
机鼻会先着陆 整架飞机会翻转
The nose digs in first on touchdown, the thing goes ass-over-tip.
彻底损坏
Total write-off.
好吧
All right.
-这儿呢 -恐怕不行
– What about there? – Afraid not, sir.
空降后 我们回程时
You see, after the drop, when we bank for our return…
会在迪伦的杰瑞机场
…we run into a whole lot of flak…
遇上猛烈的高射炮火
…from this Jerry airfield up here at Deelen.
我们始终要在某个地方着陆吧
Presumably you’re intending to let us land somewhere.
当然了 长官
Oh, yes. Hopefully, sir.
但正如我说过 我们不能损耗任何一部飞机
But as I was saying, we cannot afford to lose a single aircraft.
问题就在此
That is the problem.
我的问题是我不单要空投区
My problem is, I don’t just need drop zones.
我要能固守的空投区
I need drop zones I can hold and defend.
我其他的师队会是 第二批空降部队
The rest of my division arrives with the second drop…
苏沙鲍斯基上将的波兰部队 是第三批
…and General Sosabowski’s Polish brigade with the third.
我明白 但我们真的已找到理想地点
I understand, sir, but we really think we’ve found the right place.
地方够大 而且平坦稳固
It’s large enough for your needs, it’s flat and firm.
-又方便防守 -那究竟在哪
– And also easily defended. – Where the hell is it?
这地点不在这地图上
Well, it’s not actually on this photograph…
该在– 请让开 长官
…but it should be… Excuse me, sir.
该在这儿
It would be about here, I think.
这可能离桥十里路远
That could be 10 miles from the bridge.
是八里以下 看这幅图好了
No, just under eight, actually, sir. If you’d like to have a look at this.
这儿的地势容易应付
You see, the terrain is easy to traverse.
所有资料都能证明这一点
All our information substantiates that.
怎样 长官
Yes, sir?
只想确定你站在哪一方
Just making sure whose side you’re on.
空投区离安亨桥八里
Now, a drop zone eight miles from Arnhem Bridge…
有些人或许认为这是个问题
…might be thought by some to present problems.
老天 他在说笑吧
My God, he can’t mean it.
恐怕不是 他一定知道自己在做什么
I’m afraid he does. Must know what he’s doing.
这比我知道的多 他为何能得到优待
That’s more than I know. Why should he have the corner on the market?
实在谈不上是理想的空投区
Cannot, under any stretch of the imagination, be considered ideal.
但滑翔机会送来一队侦察吉普车