你留着
I believe in deciding things will be good luck.
我相信在做决定的时候 它会带给你好运
Do you?
你信吗?
No. I don’t believe in luck.
我不相信运气
But I do believe in assigning value to things.
但却相信利益分配
I once tried to count them all.
我曾试着想数尽它们
I actually made it to 4,348.
甚至曾数到第4348颗
You are exceptionally odd.
你真的很古怪
I bet you’re very popular with the girls.
我猜你一定很受女孩们的欢迎
A pair of odd ducks, then.
我们可算是一对怪胎
Pick a shape.
你来选个形状
What?
什么?
Pick a shape. An animal… anything.
随便选个形状 像动物之类的
Okay.

An umbrella.
雨伞
Do it again.
再来一遍
Do it again. All right.
再来一次嘛 好的
What would you like?
你想看什么?
An octopus.
章鱼
“人造生物 已存活三天”
“包豪斯建筑的领导者” “过期的传单在家里最安全”
“如何能在15年后退休 每月仍有三百美金的收入”
“新西门耐子地板对儿童很安全 因为它含有乙烯基”
“人造生物”
“机密”
“信件”
You don’t talk much, do you?
你不太爱讲话?
I can’t talk to you about my work, Alicia.
我不能和你谈公事
I don’t mean work.
我不是指公事
I find that polishing my interactions
我发现利用改善互动
in order to make them sociable
去增加我的社交力
requires a tremendous effort.
是件非常困难的事
I have a tendency to expedite information flow…
我有一种倾向 就是喜欢以直接的方式
by being direct.
去迅速执行资讯的流程
I often don’t get a pleasant result.
可惜结果经常很不愉快
Try me.
试试我
All right.

I find you attractive.
我很喜欢你
Your aggressive moves towards me
而你对我这么主动
indicate that you feel the same way.
也证明你喜欢我
But still, ritual requires that
然而照规矩
we continue with a number of platonic activities
在我们发生性关系之前
before we have sex.
仍要来上一段柏拉图式的爱情
I am proceeding with those activities,
而我正在进行那种活动
but in point of actual fact,
然而就事实而言
all I really want to do
我只想
is have intercourse with you as soon as possible.
尽早和你上床而已
Are you gonna slap me now?
你是不是要掴我耳光了
How was that result?
这个结果如何?
What are you doing?
你在做什么?
I’m attempting to isolate patterned re occurrences
我想在期刊中找出
within periodicals over time…
其中不断重复的模式来
and you?
你呢?
You talk funny, Mr. Nash.
纳什先生 你讲话很奇怪
Do I know you?
我认识你吗?
My uncle says you’re very smart but not very nice,
我叔叔说你很聪明 但不友善
so I shouldn’t pay no mind if you’re mean to me.
所以你若对我凶 叫我不用太介意
And who might your uncle be?
你的叔叔是谁?
The prodigal roommate…
你的浪子室友
returns.
又回来啦
Come here. Charles, Charles, Charles.
过来! 查尔斯!
My sister…
我妹妹
got herself killed in a car crash.
死于一场车祸
Not too far now, Marcee!
玛西 别跑得太远
Her cowboy husband was too drunk
她那个酒鬼先生酒后驾车
to know that he was too drunk to drive.
因而发生了这场惨剧
So, I took her in.
现在由我来照顾她
She’s so small.
她怎么这么小
She’s young, John. That’s how they come.
因为她还是个孩子嘛 孩子都是这样的
I’m at Harvard…
我在哈佛大学主持
doing the great author’s workshop.
伟大作家研讨会
D.H. Bloody Lawrence.
例如情欲作家劳伦斯
I really do think you should buy yourself a new book.
你实在该去买本新书啦
Well, I’ve been reading a lot about you.
我一直很注意你的发展
How are you, John?
近来还好吧?
At first all my work here was trivial,
刚开始我的工作很平凡
but a new assignment came up and…
但现在有了新的进展
I can’t really tell you any details.
可惜不能告诉你细节
Top secret? Black bag? Black ops?
像最高机密 黑袋子 黑色行动吗?
Something like that.
差不多啦
And, uh…
还有…
Yes?
还有什么?
Well, I… I met a girl.
我遇见了一个女孩
No! A human girl?
是真正的女孩吗?
Homo sapiens. A biped?
是活生生的人 是两足动物吗?
Yup. And contrary to all probabilities,
更叫人不敢相信的是
she finds me attractive on a number of different levels.
她居然很喜欢我
Really?
真的?
God, that’s wonderful.
那真是太棒了!
There’s no accounting for taste, is there?
每个人的好恶标准都不一样
Should I marry her?
我该向她求婚吗?
Oh, God. Right.
这倒是个难题
I mean,everything’s going well.
我现在过得还不错
The job is fine. I have enough money.
工作稳定 也存了点钱
It all seems to add up. But…
似乎已经万事具备 可是…
how do you know for sure?
怎么才能确定呢?
Nothing’s ever for sure, John.
天下没有打包票的事
That’s the only sure thing I do know.
这点我倒是非常确定
Alicia, please don’t be angry.
艾丽西娅 你千万别生气
I just lost track of time at work…
我一忙就忘了时间
again.
老毛病又犯了真是的
I’m sorry.
对不起
I didn’t have time to wrap it.
我来不及包装
Happy birthday.
祝你生日快乐
The refractive faces of the glass, you see,
玻璃的折射面
they create a full wavelength dispersal,
显示出强烈的波长扩散
so if you look inside it, you can see…
如果往里面看 你能看到…
Every possible color.
五彩缤纷的颜色
Every possible color.
对 五彩缤纷的颜色
Remember you said that time God must be a painter,
你曾说过上帝一定是个画家
because of all the colors? At the governor’s house…
才会有这么多的颜色
you said that.
你曾在州长家说过的
I didn’t think you were listening.
我以为你没听到
I’m always listening.
我一直在留心的听
It’s beautiful.
它真美
Alicia, does our relationship warrant long term commitment?
艾丽西娅 我们之间的关系 是否能保证长远的承诺呢?
Because I need some kind of proof,
我需要一点证明
some kind of verifiable, empirical data.
一些可以做为依据的资料
I’m sorry, just give me a moment…
你等等 给我一点时间
to redefine my girlish notions of romance.
让我重新考虑 我少女式的浪漫观念
A proof? Verifiable data.
一个证明? 能证实的事实
Um… okay.
好吧
Well, how big is the universe?
告诉我宇宙有多大?
Infinite.
无限大
How do you know?
你怎么知道?
I know because all the data indicate it.
因为所有的资料是这么指示的
But it hasn’t been proven yet? No.
可是它被证实了吗? 没有
You haven’t seen it. No.
有人亲眼见到吗? 没有
How do you know for sure?
那你怎能确定呢?
I don’t, I just believe it.
不知道 我只是相信
It’s the same with love, I guess.
我想这和爱一样
Now, the part that you don’t know…
其实你所不知道的部份
is if I want to marry you.
是我愿不愿意嫁给你
Smile for the camera!
对着相机笑一笑

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!