is a luxury of those on the sidelines, Mr. Nash.
却不应该随便去断罪
I’ll try and keep that in mind.
我会试着去记住它
So, John, no family,
据我所知你没家人
no close friends…
也没好友
Why is that?
怎么会这样子?
I like to think it’s because I’m a lone wolf.
我宁愿想成自己是个独行侠
But mainly it’s because people don’t like me.
但主要原因是人们不喜欢我
Well, there are certain endeavors
妙的是 由于你缺少人际关系
where your lack of personal connection
在这里
would be considered an advantage.
却成为你的一大长处
This is a secure area.
这里是管制区
They know me.
他们认识我
Have you ever been here?
你曾来过这里吗?
We were told during our initial briefing
在刚来的时候
that these warehouses were abandoned.
他们说这是一栋废弃的仓库
That’s not precisely accurate.
其实并不正确
By telling you what I’m about to tell you,
由于要告诉你以下的机密
I am increasing your security clearance
我特地把你参与机密的资格
to top secret.
升高至”最高机密”
Disclosure of secure information can result in imprisonment.
泄露机密资料会去坐牢的
Get it?
懂吗?
What operation?
什么行动?
“由战略室制作”
Those are a good idea.
这东西倒挺好用的
This factory is in Berlin.
这家工厂位于柏林.
We seized it at the end of the war.
战后我们把它关闭了
Nazi engineers were attempting
纳粹工程师
to build a portable atomic bomb.
原打算制造轻型原子弹
The Soviets reached this facility before we did,
苏联在我们之前到这里
and we lost the damn thing.
拿去所有的资料
The routing orders at the Pentagon,
五角大楼的路线顺序
they were about this, weren’t they?
是不是和这有关?
The Soviets aren’t as unified as people believe.
苏联的内部并没有真正的统一
A faction of the Red Army calling itself Novaya Svobga,
赤军集团 称他们自己为”新自由”
“the New Freedom” has control of the bomb
他们已经控制住原子弹
and intends to detonate it on U.S. soil.
而且打算在美国本土上引爆
Their plan is to incur maximum civilian casualties.
他们计划造成 百姓们最大的伤害
Man is capable of as much atrocity
人类是非常
as he has imagination.
残酷的
New Freedom has sleeper agents here in the U.S.
新自由在美国派有间谍
McCarthy is an idiot,
麦卡锡议员是个白痴
but unfortunately that doesn’t make him wrong.
但并不等于他的见解是错的
New Freedom communicates to its agents
新自由组织是通过报纸和杂志上的密码
through codes imbedded in newspapers and magazines,
和他们的间谍传递消息
and that’s where you come in.
所以我们需要借助你的才能
You see, John,
约翰 你明白的
what distinguishes you
你与别人最大的不同
is that you are,
在于你是一个…
quite simply,
简单的说
the best natural code breaker I have ever seen.
你是我所见过 最好的天生破码专家
What exactly is it that you would like me to do?
你到底要我干什么?
Commit this list of periodicals to memory.
记住上面所列的所有期刊
Scan each new issue,
仔细浏览每一期
find any hidden codes,
只要发现密码
decipher them.
就去破解它
Place your chin on the chin rest.
把下巴放在下巴台上
Stare into the light.
凝视灯光
Pulse 88, regular.
脉搏跳动88 正常
Okay, this may be a little uncomfortable.
这个会有点不舒服
That’s got a little zap to it, doesn’t it?
有点痛 对不对?
He just implanted a radium diode.
他植入一个镭两极真空管
Don’t worry, it’s safe.
别担心 很安全
The isotope decays predictably.
它会渐渐蜕变
As a result, these numbers change over time.
结果会使这些数字定期变换
They’re the access codes to your drop spot.
那是你进入投信点的密码
So what am I now, a spy?
这么说我是个密探罗
Come.
进来
Boy, you must be really important.
天呀 你一定很重要
It’s all right, Mike.
迈克 没事了
What are you working on?
你在做什么?
Classified.
这是机密
Everyone waited half an hour.
我们已经等了半个钟头
For?
等什么?
Class.
你的课呀
You missed class today.
你今天没来上课
Oh. I suspect that…
我以为…
nobody missed me.
没人会去的
The problem that you left on the board…
你写在黑板上的问题…
I solved it.
我已经解决了
Oh, no you didn’t.
不可能
You didn’t even look.
你连看都没看
I never said that the Vector Fields were rational functions.
我并没有说向量场是有理函数
Your solution is elegant.
解答是一流的
Though on this particular occasion,
但是在这种特殊的情况下
ultimately incorrect.
答案却是错误的
You’re still here.
你还在这里
I’m still here.
我还在这里
Why?
还有什么事吗?
I’m wondering,
我在想…
Professor Nash,
纳什教授
if I can ask you to dinner.
能不能请你去吃晚餐
You do eat, don’t you?
你总要吃饭吧?
Oh, on occasion, yeah.
偶尔会去
Table for one. Prometheus alone chained to the rock
都是一个人 像普罗米修斯被锁在巨石上
with the bird circling overhead, you know how it is.
只有一只鸟在他头上飞翔 真不是滋味
No, I expect that you wouldn’t…
你当然…
You wouldn’t know.
体会不出来
If you leave your address with my office,
你把地址留在我的办公室里
I’ll pick you up Friday at 8:00
我会在星期五晚上八点去接你
and we’ll eat.
然后一起去吃饭
One more thing. Do you have a name,
还有件事 你有名字吗?
or should I just keep calling you “miss”?
还是要我继续叫你”小姐”
Governor, may I present…
州长 这位是…
Miss Alicia Larde.
艾丽西娅·劳德小姐
Professor, please. You and the governor.
教授 请你和州长合照一张
Wait, one second. I’m sorry.
请你等一下
I want a copy of this.
多洗一张给我
First big date and all, you know.
这是我们第一次约会
So, you boys need to look good.
所以你们一定得 看起来光鲜亮丽才行
Which is not a state you find yourselves in
如果你说想要自然 而不要装饰
altogether naturally.
那可不行
There. Better.
这样好多了
I’m surprising him.
我要他对我印象深刻
You just keep on surprising him.
继续努力
Professor.
教授
God must be a painter.
上帝一定是个画家
Why else would we have so many colors?
否则怎么会有这么多的颜色
So you’re a painter?
那么你是个画家罗
That’s not actually what I said,
我并没有这么说
but, yes…
但我的确是个
I am.
画家
Here.
看着我
Me. Your date?
我是你约会的对象
Practice human interaction and social comportment.
我正在学习 人类互动和社交礼仪
That’s a plan.
似乎还蛮有道理
Champagne would be lovely.
能请你替我拿杯香槟吗
I’ll be outside.
我会在外面等你
I will get the champagne.
我这就去拿
Oh, thank you.
谢谢你
Thank you for that.
谢谢你的手帕
No, keep it.