It’s the only way that I’ll ever…
是唯一使我能成为…
Matter.
举足轻重的人物?
Yes.
是的
All right, who’s next?
下一个是谁?
No, I’ve played enough “go” for one day, thank you.
我下够了 今天不玩了
Come on. I… I hate this game.
来嘛 我不喜欢围棋
Cowards, all of you!
你们都是胆小鬼
None of you rise to meet my challenge?
没人敢向我挑战
Come on, Bender.
宾达 别这样嘛
Whoever wins,so does his laundry all semester.
谁赢 阿苏就替他 洗一学期的衣服
Does that seem unfair to anyone else?
你们不觉得这很不公平吗?
Not at all.
不觉得
Look at him. Nash!
你们看他 纳什
Taking a reverse constitutional?
在研究反组织理论吗?
I’m hoping to extract an algorithm
我想找出一个演算法
to define their movement.
好替它们的活动下定义
Psycho.
神经病
Hey, Nash, I thought you dropped out.
你一直没去上课
You ever going to go to class or…
我以为你退学了…
Classes will dull your mind.
上课会使你的脑筋迟钝
Destroy the potential for authentic creativity.
也会破坏创造的潜能
Oh, oh, I didn’t know that.
这我倒不知道
Nash is going to stun us all with his genius.
有一天纳什的才华会惊倒大家
Which is another way of saying
但这也可能是
he doesn’t have the nerve to compete.
他不敢和我比赛的藉口
You scared?
怕了吗?
Terrified.
我被你吓呆了
Mortified. Petrified.
惊呆了 窘呆了
Stupefied… by you.
而且是目瞪口呆
No starch. Pressed and folded.
咱们就一战定英雄
Let me ask you something, John.
我能不能问你一件事
Be my guest, Martin.
尽管问
Bender and Sol here correctly completed
宾达和阿苏已经完全无误的
Allen’s proof of Peyrot’s Conjecture.
证明出艾伦的推论
Adequate work…
尚差强人意啦…
without innovation.
可惜没有创新
Oh. I’m flattered. You flattered?
谢谢夸奖 你呢? 我很感动 你呢?
Flattered.
感动
And I’ve got two weapons briefs
而我有两样武器纲要
under security review by the D.O.D.
正由国防部审查中
Derivative drivel.
真叫我垂涎不已
But Nash achievements: zero.
而纳什的成就却是 零
I’m a patient man, Martin.
我有耐心
Is there an actual question coming?
你到底想问什么?
What if you never come up with your original idea?
假若你永远找不出原创理论
How will it feel when I’m chosen for Wheeler…
最后惠勒研究室选择了我…
and you’re not?
你会有什么感觉?
What if you lose?
输是什么感觉?
You should not have won.
你不应该赢
I had the first move, my play was perfect.
是我先走的 每一步都很完美
The hubris of the defeated.
这就是所谓的骄兵必败
The game is flawed.
这个游戏有缺点
Gentlemen, the great John Nash.
这就是伟大的约翰·纳什
You’ve been in here for two days.
你呆在这里已经两天了
You know Hansen’s just published another paper?
汉森又发表了一篇报告
I can’t even find a topic for my doctorate.
而我连博士论文的主题都没有
Well, on the bright side, you’ve invented window art.
可是你却发明了橱窗艺术
This is a group playing touch football.
这是美式橄榄球队的比赛
This is a cluster of pigeons fighting over bread crumbs.
这是一群鸽子在争夺面包屑
And this here is a woman
而这是一个女人
who is chasing a man who stole her purse.
在追逐偷她皮包的男人
John, you watched a mugging.
你居然目击抢劫案
That’s weird.
真不可思议
In competitive behavior someone always loses.
在竞争的状态下 总有人会输
Well, my niece knows that, John,
这点连我的小侄女都懂
and she’s about this high.
而她只有这么点大
See, if I could derive an equilibrium
如果我能找出一种均衡
where prevalence is a non singular event,
在优势可逆的情况下
where nobody loses,
就会出现双赢的局面
can you imagine the effect that would have
你想这在有冲突的情况下 会有多大的影响
on conflict scenarios, and arms negotiations…
像武器协商…
When did you last eat?
你什么时候吃过东西?
When did you last eat?
你什么时候吃的饭?
Currency exchange?
像货币交换
You know, food.
吃东西
You have no respect for cognitive reverie,
你一点也不尊重幻想
you know that?
你知道吗?
Yes.
没错
But pizza…
但是说到比萨饼…
Now, pizza I have enormous respect for.
我对它可是满腔的尊重
And of course beer.
当然还有啤酒
I have respect for beer.
我敬重啤酒
I have respect for beer!
我非常敬重啤酒
Good evening, Neils. Hey, Nash.
晚安 尼尔森 嗨 纳什
Who’s winning? You or you?
谁赢 这个你还是另一个你
Evening, Nash. Hey, guys.
晚安 纳什 你们好
Hey, Nash.
纳什 你好
He’s looking at you.
他在看你
Are you sure?
你确定?
Hey, Nash.
嗨 纳什
Neils is trying to get your attention.
尼尔森要你过去
You’re joking. Oh, no.
你一定在开玩笑呢 不是吧
Go with God.
勇敢的去
Come back a man.
一定要失身哟
Fortune favors the brave.
幸运与勇者同在
Bombs away.
炸他个屁滚尿流
Gentlemen, might I remind you that my odds of success
各位 让我提醒你们
dramatically improve with each attempt?
每试一次 就会增加我一分胜算
This is going to be classic.
保证绝对精彩
Maybe you want to buy me a drink.
你是不是要请我喝杯酒
I don’t exactly know what I’m required to say
为了想让你和我上床
in order for you to have intercourse with me,
我实在不知道该说些什么
but could we assume that I said all that?
你干脆就当我 把该说的都说过了
Essentially we’re talking about fluid exchange, right?
反正我们所谈的 是有关液体交流的事
So, could we just go straight to the sex?
所以何不立刻切入性交的主题
Oh, that was sweet.
你可真鲜
Have a nice night, asshole!
再见啦 你这个混蛋
Ladies, wait!
小姐们 等一下
I… I especially liked the bit about fluid exchange.
我最喜欢液体交流那一段
It was really charming.
真的很棒
Walk with me, John.
约翰 陪我走一走
I’ve been meaning to talk with you.
我一直想和你谈谈
The faculty is completing mid year reviews.
教授们已经完成了期中的审核
We’re deciding which placement applications to support.
我们正在决定如何分配学生…
Wheeler, sir. That would be my first choice.
教授 到惠勒研究室是我的第一选择
And actually, I don’t really have a second choice, sir.
也是唯一的选择我知道
John, your fellows have attended classes.
其他的人都按时上课
They’ve written papers. They’ve published.
不但写论文 也已经发表了
I’m still searching, sir, for my…
教授 我仍在研究我的…
Your original idea, I know.
你的原创理论?
Governing dynamics, sir.
是博弈论
It’s very clever, John, but I’m afraid
很好 可惜
it’s just not nearly good enough.
还是不够好
May I? Thank you.
您的外套? 谢谢
I’ve been working on manifold embedding.
我一直在研究 “符合嵌入”
My bargaining stratagems are starting to show some promise.
这个理论已经开始见到成效
If you could just arrange another meeting,
希望你能再次安排
if you’d be kind enough, with Professor Einstein…
我和爱因斯坦教授会面
I’ve repeatedly asked you for that. Now, John.
我曾再三请你替我安排 约翰 听我说
I’d be able to show him my revisions on his…
我会让他看修订后的…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!