就像节食的人
I choose not to indulge certain appetites.
不放纵自己的食欲一样
Like my appetite for patterns.
比如说我症状的食欲
Perhaps my appetite to imagine and to dream.
还有我虚构和想像的食欲
Professor Nash.
纳什教授
It’s good to have you here, John.
很高兴你能来这 约翰
Thank you.
谢谢
It’s an honor, sir.
这是个荣幸 先生
Thank you very much.
非常感谢你
A privilege, Professor.
我的光荣 教授
Professor.
教授
Nicely done, John.
约翰 干的好
Thank you, Tom.
谢谢 汤姆
Thank you.
谢谢你
Thank you.
多谢
Thank you, Ed.
谢谢你 艾迪
That was certainly most unexpected.
这真是出乎我的意料
“诺贝尔奖颁奖典礼 1994年12月 瑞典斯德哥尔摩”
Thank you.
谢谢大家
I’ve always believed in numbers.
我一直相信数字
In the equations and logics
不管是方程式或逻辑学
that lead to reason.
都引导我们去思考
But after a lifetime of such pursuits,
但经过终生的追求
I ask, what truly is logic?
我问自己 “逻辑到底是什么”
Who decides reason?
谁去决定原由?
My quest has taken me through the physical,
我的追求带领我穿过了物理
the metaphysical,
形而上学
the delusional,
幻觉
and back.
又带了回来
And I have made the most important discovery of my career.
在事业上我有了最重大的突破
The most important discovery of my life.
在生命中 我也找到了最重要的人
It is only in the mysterious equations of love
只有在这神秘的爱情方程式中
that any logical reasons can be found.
才能找到逻辑或原由来
I’m only here tonight because of you.
今晚我能站在这里 全是你的功劳
You are the reason I am.
你是我成功的因素
You are all my reasons.
也是唯一的因素
Thank you.
谢谢你
So nice to have met you.
很高兴能见到你
I’ll call for the car, Dad.
爸爸 我去叫车好
Bye bye.
拜拜
Bye bye.
拜拜
Are you ready to go now? Oh, yes, I am.
准备走了吗? 是呀
Yes, indeed, and yes, please.
早就准备好了
Thank you so much.
真谢谢你
Thank you.
谢谢
What is it? What’s wrong?
怎么啦 有什么不对吗?
Nothing.
没有
Nothing at all.
什么事也没有
Come with me, young lady.
小姐 咱们走吧
I have a car outside.
车在外面
Are you interested in a ride?
要搭便车吗?
“纳什理论左右了 全球贸易谈判…”
“全国劳工关系 甚至使 生物进化学有了重大的突破”
“约翰和艾丽西娅 定居在新泽西州普林斯顿”
“约翰在数学系里 每天仍按时上下班”
“他仍旧天天走路到校园去”