片名: 假面
导演:英格玛·伯格曼
主演:毕比·安德森
主演:丽芙·乌曼
你找我吗?医生
You wanted to talk with me, doctor?
你见过沃哥夫人了吗 艾玛护士?
Have you been to see Mrs. Vogler yet, Sister Alma?
没 现在还没有
No, not yet.
我给你解释一下她的情况
Let me explain her situation
以及为什么让你来照顾她的原因
and the reason why you have been hired to care for her.
正如你所知道的 沃哥夫人是一名演员
Mrs. Vogler is an actress, as you know.
在她的最后一场演出《恋父》中
During her last performance of Electra,
她突然就不说话了 并很惊讶地看着周围的情况
she fell silent and looked around as if in surprise.
她这样沉默了一分多钟
She was silent for over a minute.
之后她道歉了 并说她很想笑
She apologized afterward, saying she had got the urge to laugh.
第二天剧院上班的时候
The next day the theater rang,
沃哥夫人没有赶去排演
as Mrs. Vogler had not come to rehearsals.
仆人发现她仍然躺在床上
The maid found her still in bed.
她已经醒了 但不搭理女仆 一动不动
She was awake but did not talk or move.
这种情况到目前为止已经有三个月了
This condition has now lasted for three months.
她已经做了各种检查
She has had all sorts of tests.
心智上和身体上都很正常
She’s healthy both mentally and physically.
甚至没有一点异常反应
It’s not even some kind of hysterical reaction.
还有什么疑问吗 艾玛护士?
Any questions, Sister Alma?
那好 你可以去沃哥夫人那里了
Well, then, you can go to Mrs. Vogler now.
你好 沃哥夫人
How do you do, Mrs. Vogler?
我是艾玛护士
I am Sister Alma.
是来照顾你的
I’m here to take care of you.
或许我该向你介绍一下我自己
Maybe I should tell you a little about myself.
我今年25岁 已经订婚了
I’m 25 years old and engaged.
两年前取得护士资格征
I graduated from nursing school two years ago.
我父母在乡下有一个农场
My parents have a farm in the country.
我母亲在结婚之前也是个护士
My mother was also a nurse until she got married.
我该为你拿晚餐了
I should go get your dinner tray.
炸猪肝和水果色拉
Fried liver and fruit salad.
看起来很美味
It looked tasty.
要加个枕头吗?这样行吗?
Another pillow? Is that good?
艾玛护士 你的第一印象如何?
Sister Alma, what’s your first impression?
我不知该怎么说 医生
I don’t know what to say, doctor.
她的脸看起来很温和 还带点孩子气
Her face looks soft, almost childish.
但她的眼神…
Then you see her eyes…
有种让人不舒服的表情
She has a mean look, I think.
我不知道 我不应该… 你想说什么?
I don’t know. I shouldn’t… – What were you going to say?
我在想是否该负责照顾这个病人
I thought I should say no to this case.
为什么?害怕了?
Why? Did something frighten you?
不 没有
No, not exactly.
可能沃哥夫人需要更年长的人
Perhaps Mrs. Vogler needs an older person
生活经验更丰富的
with more life experience.
我可能应付不了她… 应付?在什么方面?
I might not be able to handle her. – Handle? In what way?
精神方面 精神方面?
Mentally. – Mentally?
如果沃哥夫人的沉默和呆滞不是因为身体缘故…
If Mrs. Vogler’s silence and immobility are her decision…
怎样?
Well?
那显示了她很强的精神力量
That shows great mental strength.
我可能应付不了
I might not be able to cope.
我猜你可能想看看日落
I thought that you might want to see the sunset.
要我打开收音机吗?
Shall I turn on the radio?
今晚有场歌♥剧
There is a play.
对不起 亲爱的
I’m sorry, my love.
噢 你得原谅我
Oh, you have to forgive me.
我什么都不要 但求你的原谅
I want nothing but your forgiveness.
原谅我 我能…
Forgive me and I can…
你在笑什么 沃哥夫人?这女演员很好笑吗?
What are you laughing at, Mrs. Vogler? Is the actress so funny?
你懂什么是宽恕吗?你知道什么?
What do you know about mercy? What do you know?
你知道什么是宽恕?
What do you know about mercy?
沃哥夫人 我不理解这些东西
Mrs. Vogler, I don’t understand those things.
我对电影和戏剧很感兴趣 但我不经常去
I’m interested in film and theater, but I don’t go very often.
我很欣赏艺术家
I have a tremendous admiration for artists.
我认为艺术对人们的生活是很重要的
I think that art is of enormous importance in people’s lives,
尤其是对那些有困扰的人来说
especially for those who have problems.
我不应该对你讲这些的 沃哥夫人
I shouldn’t talk about these things with you, Mrs. Vogler.
我现在是如履薄冰
I’m skating on thin ice.
看看有什么音乐没
Let’s see if there’s some music.
这个行吗?
Is that all right?
晚安 沃哥夫人 做个好梦!
Good night, then, Mrs. Vogler. Sleep well!
该死
Damn…
真滑稽
It’s funny.
你可以随心所欲…
You can go about as you please…
做任何事
…do almost anything.
我要嫁给卡尔·亨里克 生几个孩子
I’ll marry Karl-Henrik and have a couple of children,
都由我来养
which I’ll have to raise.
一切都是注定的 在我内心里面
All of this is predestined. It’s inside me.
没什么可担心的
It’s nothing to think about.
这是一种很安全的感觉
It’s a safe feeling.
我有一份喜欢的工作
I have a job that I like and enjoy.
足矣…
That’s good, too…
但另一方面…
…but in another way.
也还不错
But it’s good.
还行
Good.
搞不懂她到底是怎么回事
I wonder what’s really wrong with her.
伊丽莎白·沃哥
Elisabet Vogler.
伊丽莎白
Elisabet.
在越南南部出现的骇人听闻的事情
整个广场刹那间聚集了许多人
今天刚好也是当地的重大节日
所有的警♥察♥很快就赶到现场
这是这里有史以来的第一桩案件
双方的斗争很激烈
共有131人受伤
其中一名和尚自焚
火势很盛
警♥察♥没能把他抢救出来
此人自焚的真正目的还不明确
沃哥夫人 要我给你打开信吗?
Mrs. Vogler, would you like me to open the letter?
要我读给你听吗?
Shall I read it?
要我读给你听吗?
Shall I read it to you?
“亲爱的伊丽莎白”
“Dearest Elisabet,
“因为他们不让我探望你 所以只能给你写信了”
“Since I’m not allowed to see you, I’m writing to you.
“你也可以不看我的信 扔掉它”
You don’t have to read my letter. You can ignore it.”
“我禁不住想用这种方式跟你联♥系♥”
“I cannot help seeking contact with you this way.
“我被众多问题困扰着…”
“I’m haunted by a constant question…
“我是不是在某些方面伤害了你?”
“Have I hurt you in any way?
“是不是在不知不觉中伤害了你?”
Have I unknowingly hurt you?”
“我们之间是不是有很大的误会?”
“Is there some terrible misunderstanding between us?”
你真的想让我再念下去吗?
Do you really want me to go on?
“就我所知现在我们还是幸福的”
“I thought we were happy.
“我们从未如此亲近”
We have never been so close.”
“还记得你说过”
“Do you remember saying,
“我开始知道婚姻意味着什么吗?”
“‘I’m beginning to understand what it means to be married’?
“你曾经告诉过我…”
‘You have taught me…”‘
我看不清这个
I can’t read it.
“你曾经告诉过我…”
“‘You have taught…”‘
噢 知道了
Now I see.
“你曾经告诉过我 我们之间的交往”
“‘You have taught me that we have to see each other
“要像两个天真的孩子一样”
“‘as two anxious children,
“用善意和最好的动机”
“‘filled with good will and the best intentions,
“但…”
but ru…”‘
我知道了
Now I see.
“但却被我们只能部分控制的力量统治了”
“‘… ruled by powers that we can only partially control.’
“你还记得你曾经说过的这些吗?”
Do you remember saying all that?”
“我们到森林里漫步”
“We went for a walk in the woods,
“你停下来 抓着我外套的腰带”
and you stopped and grabbed the belt of my coat.”
信里面有张照片
There is a photo with the letter.
你儿子的照片 我不知道是否…
A photo of your son. I don’t know if…
你要看吗 沃哥夫人?
Do you want it, Mrs. Vogler?
他看起来真可爱
He looks terribly cute.
伊丽莎白 我不知道
Elisabet, I don’t think there’s any point
你呆在这医院里有什么意义
in your staying at the hospital.
在这里你只会受到伤害
It’s just hurting you to be here.
既然你不想回家 我建议你和艾玛护士