罗马市民, 来, 围过来
Citizens of Rome, gather around.
欢迎来到戈尔迪乌姆, 它因戈耳狄俄斯之結而出名
Welcome to Gordion. Now, Gordion was famous for his knot.
神谕预言谁能解开结,
The oracle one day prophesied: “Whosoever shall untie the knot
他就将征服整个世界
shall conquer the entire world.”
许多人远道而来但却没有成功,
Many people came from far and wide but no one could untie it,
直到有一天伟大的亚历山大驾临.
until one day the mighty Alexander arrived.
亚历山大,伟大的阿波罗的后裔
Alexander, descended from the mighty god Apollo.
前进!
Advance!
阿波罗开悟了亚历山大
Apollo enlightened Alexander…
并告诉他如何解开戈耳狄俄斯之結.
and showed him how to untie the knot.
苏拉已回到罗马, 他将重新恢复秩序
Sulla has returned to Rome to establish order.
无辜者无需担心
He declares that the innocents have no reason to fear…
但那些冒犯他的人将会受到最严厉的惩罚
but that those guilty of crimes against him shall be most severely punished.
下列名单上的人被宣布为罪犯
The men whose names are written on these lists are declared outlaws.
他们被剥夺公民权利
They have no rights as citizens…
因此, 他们可以被当场处决,
henceforth they may be killed on sight.
任何一个人对他们执行死刑,
Anyone who takes it upon himself to kill any of these men…
都将被视为国家的朋友.
will be considered a friend of the state…
并将获得该罪犯所留下的财产.
and shall be rewarded with the properties and possessions these outlaws leave behind.
这是罗马法中最严厉的刑罚,
It’s the biggest crime under Roman law.
母亲? – 科妮莉亚?
– Mother? – Cornelia?
母亲?
Mother?
我的妻子在哪里? 在她父亲那里
– Where is my wife? – At her fathers.
祖母,士兵们要来了 茱莉亚,和她待在一起
– Grandmother, the soldiers are coming. – Julia, stay with her.
苏拉带着他的军队占领了这座城市
Sulla has taken the city with his army.
他列出了数百人的名单
He has made lists. Hundreds of people are on them.
-你在名单上吗? -不在,但我妻子的父亲在.
– Are you? – No, my wife’s father is.
茱莉亚,留在家里
Julia, stay in the house.
-别走. -父亲你要去哪儿?
– Don’t go. – Father, where are you going?
去接回你母亲
To get your mother.
他不在名单上!
He is not on the list.
那个人, 他才是你想要的人.
– He’s the one you want, over there. – Hey!
– 你听说了? – 嗯,我们要抓紧了
– Have you heard? – Yes, we have to hurry.
逃跑有什么意义 还不如死在这里
What’s the point of running away. I might as well die right here.
-快走 -她说得对,辛纳,我们必须马上离开
*辛纳 Lucius Cornelius Cinna, 苏拉的坚决反对者,
是马略的共同执政官, 曾颁布法令宣布苏拉为国家公敌
– Please go. – She’s right, Cinna. You must leave now.
辛纳快点
Cinna!
辛纳快点
Hurry!
走 – 拜托,爸爸
– Go. – Please, father.
快点!
Go! Hurry!
走 !
Go!
科妮莉亚,快跑!
Please, Cornelia, run!
他帮助辛纳逃跑
He helped Cinna to escape.
告诉我你的名字
Give me your name.
我是凯撒, 尤利乌斯家族
It’s Caesar, from the house of Juli.
逮捕他
Arrest him.
维持人♥民♥的和平安定符合任何统治者的利益.
It’s in any rulers interest to keep peace among the people.
只有当他们的元老院, 切实能代表人♥民♥的时候,
The people will only be at peace…
罗马人♥民♥才会感到安定
if they have a senate that represents…
从什么时候开始罗马元老院代表过罗马人♥民♥了?
Since when did the senate ever represent the people?
加图, 你的嘴为什么张这么大
Cato, why is your mouth hanging open?
你没什么好担心的,
You have nothing to fear.
放心, 你不在我的名单上
You are not on my list.
将军, 就算我在你的名单上, 如果是为了罗马的利益
Sir, if I were on your list and if it were for the good of Rome…
我依然甘愿赴死
I would gladly die.
我相信你会的
Well, when you say that, I truly believe it to be true.
那么, 我再重复一遍
So, I repeat:
罗马元老院, 什么时候代表过罗马人♥民♥了,
When did the senate ever represent the people?
我要一个从小受到
I want the man with the…
最谦卑的教育的人
humblest upbringing…
来回答我
to answer me.
你吗?
You?
你呢?
You?
看来只剩下我了
So it’s me.
我来回答你们
I will answer you.
你们统统都是贵族
you are all aristocrats…
你们一直高高在上, 你们从来没有亲赴战场, 你们怎么可能
your feet have never touched the ground, your arses never touched a horse. How could you possibly…
代表那些你们中的大部分甚至从没见过的罗马人♥民♥?
represent the people whom most of you have never even met?!
通过维护罗马人♥民♥的传统, 我们可以代表罗马人♥民♥
We represent the people by preserving their traditions.
– 如果你给人♥民♥一个你想要当国王的印象的话,
– 国王? 你在说国王吗?
– If they think you wanna be king… – King? Did you say “king”? “King”?
– 你告诉我, 国王这个头衔能带给我什么东西, 是我还没有的呢?
– What goods the name “king” bye me that I don’t already have?!
嗯, 是这样的, 假如让人♥民♥认为我们还在给你建议的话, 他们就
Yeah, uh, if the people know the senate is still meeting to advise you…
噢, 当然, 你们当然还在给我建议
Oh yes. Oh, yes, they will.
这是我毕生最大的愿望
That is my fondest wish.
那么,
So…
我不能被称为
I would not be…
一个真正的共和国拥护者
a true republican…
如果现在我不向元老院里引入一些, 怎么说, 更加
if I did not introduce a… how do I say it, um…
更加接地气的元素
earthier element among your ranks.
来,
Gentlemen.
你们将继续给我建议,
You will continue to advise me, and you will continue to debate…
你们将继续关于什么最符合人♥民♥利益的辩论,
what is best for the people,
我的士兵们会留在这,
but my men will…
来帮助你们得到
remain here, just to make sure that the decisions that you reach…
合适的结论
are the proper ones.
但是这是违反罗马法律的
But, sir, is this not counter to Roman law?
噢, 就当作我刚修改了罗马的法律.
I have just changed Roman law.
当然, 我可以理解,
I understand, sir…
请问有没有哪些属于传统的东西还能保留下来呢
but will something of the old ways be preserved?
卡图卢斯的意思是, 我们不会请求你赦免那些罪犯,
What Catullus means is not that we would ask you to spare anyone whom you resolved to destroy,
只是如果你能让我们知道有哪些人你不会杀的话,
only that it might have a calming effect if you could let us know…
大家都会安心的.
whom you intend to spare.
噢, 加图,
Oh, come, come, Cato.
你知道友谊在大难临头的时候会怎么样的
You know how alliances change in troubles times.
那么, 可能你能告诉我们你会杀了谁.
Well, perhaps you can tell us whom you intend to kill.
这样,
Well, let’s…
那我们就拿你开刀吧
begin with you.
我只是问一下, 每个人心里都在想的事情
I was only asking what everyone was thinking.
可是我不可能杀了所有人
Oh, I can’t possibly kill everyone…
所以
so I will kill…
我只会杀你
only you.
也许我会撤销这个决定,
I may withdraw that…
但同样的, 也许我不会
but then again, I may not.
至于结果嘛, 我晚饭后再告诉你吧
I will let you know after dinner,
所以,
but for your sake…
你最好祈祷今天的晚饭不错
you gotta hope the food is good.
– 你是尤利乌斯·凯撒吗?
– 是的
– Are you Julius Caesar?
– Yes.
往这边走..
This way.
这边..
This way.
我要见苏拉
I want to see Sulla.
别这样
Please, no.
我要见苏拉!
I want to see Sulla!
我当了整整30年的元老!
I’ve been a member of the senate for 30 years!
我要求见苏拉! 让我见苏拉!
I wanna see Sulla! Let me to Sulla!
这件事没有商量余地的
That is not negotiable.
他是谁?
Who is this?
尤利乌斯·凯撒
– Julius Caesar. – Ahhhh.
马略的侄子…
Nephew to Marius.
啊, 那你有着不幸的血统.
You have unfortunate ancestry.
如果你认为作为神在人间的后代是不幸的话,
If you think it’s unfortunate to be descendent from the Gods.
– 是哪一个神来着?
– 尤利乌斯是埃涅阿斯的后代,
*埃涅阿斯, 特洛伊英雄, 维纳斯之子
– Which God is that?
– The Julians are descendents from Aeneas,
– 他是,…..
– 维纳斯的儿子,是的, 我想起来了
– who was…
– …the son of Venus, yes, yes.
我记得马略曾经这样宣称过
I recall Marius making such claim.
现在有许多人,自称是神的后代
There are many people these days who claim to be descendents from the Gods.
我们有一个徽章来证明这一点..
We have a crest which proves it..
我相信你可以在从市场上买♥♥到这样的徽章,
I believe you can have them fashioned in the market place,