(田纳西 纳什维尔) 戈尔竞选团总部
Those are absolutely meaningless.
这些显然是无效的
I mean, who’s looking at the polls?
我是说 谁会看民♥意♥测验
I haven’t read a poll in at least 15 minutes.
我至少15分钟没看了
I’m telling you, it’s looking good,
告诉你 情况不错
but we’ve got to keep hammering at the undecideds.
但我们得继续争取中间选民
Between phone calls I’m praying.
接电♥话♥的间隙我在祈祷
We need to satellite Lieberman to Nevada and Arizona.
重选风波
We can have it set up by 11:00 if we can talk him into it.
重选风波
He’s walking in right now. Hold on.
他刚走进来 等一下
Fournier is waiting for you on line two.
傅尼叶在二号♥线
Yeah, Fournier, what can I do for you?
傅尼叶 有什么可以效劳的
Looks like voter turnout’s gonna be
看来投票总数要创下历史新低了
at an all-time low. Any response?
有何回应?
Well, as I keep saying and I’ll continue to say,
正如我自始至终坚持的说法
the foundation of a democracy is based on its citizens’ right to vote.
民♥主♥建立在公民投票权的基础之上
ABC on three… winning electoral, losing popular.
ABC在三号♥线 赢得选举 但输掉普选
– Hang on a sec. Yes. – Hi, Ron. A number of the polls show
– 稍等一下 – 你好 让 很多投票站显示
that Gore will lose the popular vote, but win the electoral college.
戈尔将输掉普选 但赢得选举人票支持
What would the Gore response be if this occurred?
如果果真如此 戈尔将作何回应?
Well, the Gore response would be that Governor Bush
戈尔的回应是无论结果如何
is gonna have to respect the electoral process no matter what the outcome.
布♥什♥政♥府♥都必须尊重选举过程
Fournier, the foundation of our democracy
傅尼叶 我们的民♥主♥
is based on the citizens’ right to vote.
是建立在公民投票权的基础之上
It is our duty as Americans to fulfill that responsibility.
履行这一职责是身为美国人的责任
CNN on one… the same.
CNN在一号♥线 一样的…
Hang on. Yes.
等一下
Looks like you’re gonna lose the popular vote…
看起来你们将输掉普选…
Yeah, I know the question. Here’s the answer…
是的 我知道问题 以下是回答
Governor Bush is gonna have to respect the electoral process
无论结果如何
no matter what the outcome. Fournier…
布♥什♥政♥府♥都必须尊重选举过程 傅尼叶
“It is our duty as Americans to fulfill that responsibility
履行这一职责是身为美国人的责任
because we must never forget that every vote counts. ”
因为我们决不能忘记每一票都将计算在内
You’re the only liaison I know that actually sounds sincere
你是我见过唯一喷粪的时候还
when you spew that shit.
听起来很真诚的联络员
– Background? – Yeah, go ahead.
– 其它问题? – 好 请讲
Are you going to join the new administration?
你会在新政♥府♥任职吗?
I guess that would depend on the position he offers,
这取决于他提供的职位
but I don’t think he’s going to offer me anything.
但我觉得他不会提供给我任何职位
He’s barely spoken to me since I got back to campaign.
在我重新进入选举团后 他几乎没和我说过话
– But if he does? – No comment.
– 但如果他提供了呢? – 无可奉告
Talk to you later.
一会儿再说
Ron Klain’s office.
让·克莱因办公室
I have a Lester Hyman on two.
莱斯特·海曼在二号♥线
Hey, Lester, what can I do for you this morning?
你好 莱斯特 有什么可以效劳的?
If the 32nd precinct opens even one minute late,
如果第32选区在哪怕一分钟后开放
I swear to God, I will fly down there personally with a crowbar
我向上帝发誓 我会亲自飞去
and open the goddamn door myself.
用撬棍把那该死的门打开
Whouley?
沃利?
Ron, you look like a fuckin’ Bolshevik.
让 你♥他♥妈♥看起来就 像个该死的布尔什维克
Thanks. Listen, I just got off the phone with Lester Hyman.
谢谢 听着 我刚和莱斯特·海曼通过电♥话♥
We may have a problem in Palm Beach County.
我们可能在棕榈滩地区有点麻烦
A bunch of older voters think they accidentally voted
一群老年投票者认为
for Pat Buchanan by mistake… and not just a few of ’em, a lot.
他们意外错投票给了帕特·布坎南 而且为数不少
Jeremy… where is it again?
杰里米…是在哪儿?
– Palm Beach. – Palm Beach County.
– 棕榈滩 – 棕榈滩地区
Get me what’s-her-name, Theresa LePore on the phone, please.
给我接通那个谁 特蕾莎 莱波雷 谢谢
We wouldn’t be having this problem if you were still running this show.
若还是你负责 我们不会遇到这种问题
– Yeah, well… – But since you’re not,
– 是啊 – 但既然你不负责了
how about gettin’ me a coffee and fuckin’ Danish?
那帮我拿杯咖啡和 他妈的丹麦馅饼怎么样?
– But before I do that… – Yes?
但在那之前… 怎么?
Are we going to win this thing?
我们会赢吗?
No.
不会
Yes, but it’s gonna be a squeaker.
会赢 但会是险胜
You always said it would come down to Florida.
你总说胜负全在佛州
Yes, I did.
是说过
Jeremy, Theresa LePore.
杰里米 特蕾莎 莱波雷
– It’s busy. I’m trying. –
占线 我还在打
Well, try harder, please.
那就拼命打
– Thanks, man. – No problem.
– 谢谢 – 不客气
– Hey, Morehouse. – Hey, Ron.
– 你好 莫尔豪斯 – 你好 让
What happened to your leg?
你的腿怎么了
Twisted my knee getting off Air Force Two.
从空军二号♥下来的时候把膝盖扭了
Did they upgrade you or are you still flying in luggage?
从空军二号♥下来的时候把膝盖扭了
Did they upgrade you or are you still flying in luggage?
他们给你升级了 还是你坐飞机还藏在行李里
– Put some ice on it. – Yeah.
– 冷敷一下 – 是的
Hey, Ron.
你好 让
Hold on a sec.
等一下
Ron Klain.
让·克莱恩
I’m sorry about this.
我很抱歉
Hey, no worries.
不用在意
Thanks.
谢谢
That’s good.
– Complete this part right here. – Yes, sir.
– 把这一部分完成 – 好吧
– Okay? Good. – I’ll get it to the vice president now.
我会送到副总统那儿去
Okay, look, Ron,
好的
I don’t want to bullshit you, so let me get right to it.
跟你就不用兜圈子了 我们直说
Roy Neel is putting out feelers for the transition team
罗伊·尼尔提议建立过渡期团队
and he told me Al really wants you onboard.
他告诉我阿尔想要你加入
The vice president wants to offer you the lead in reviewing candidates for jobs beneath the cabinet.
副总统想让你 负责评估竞选 为内阁工作
Bill, that’s the same job I had eight years ago.
比尔 这正是我八年前做的工作
I know it’s not ideal,
我知道这不理想
but Al really wants you to do this.
但阿尔真的想让你做这个
And I don’t think he’s going to understand why you wouldn’t.
而且我觉得他不会理解你为何推辞
Well, maybe it has something to do with the fact that he
可能跟科埃略把我排除在竞选活动外
didn’t exactly back me when Coelho pushed me out of the campaign.
他却没有支持我有关
Come on, Ron, we all know that Coelho was a big mistake.
好了 让 我们都知道科埃略犯了大错
That’s why he’s gone and you’re back.
这正是为什么他走了而你回来
Right, working under the people that used to work for me.
是啊 在曾是我下级的人手下工作
Everyone appreciates you coming back.
大家都很高兴你能回来
It’s the first thing I did when I took over this campaign.
这是我接管这次竞选后做的第一件事
And I did it because I hate what happened to you. It was bullshit.
我这么做是因为我为你鸣不平 那是全然错误的
But this is a good opportunity for you to get back on the inside.
但这是重新回到内部的好机会
Tell the vice president I have been delighted
告诉副总统
to write press releases for the last three months
我很喜欢最近三个月撰写新闻稿
and work on rapid response, but I will not be able
和即时回应媒体的工作
to accept his eight-year demotion at the current time.
但目前我不能接受 他对我长达八年的降级
Ron, would…
让 那…
would you think about it?
你能考虑一下吗?
I’ll keep you up to date on exit polls.
我在选后测验前都不会改变心意的
The vice president and his wife
副总统及其夫人
voted this morning at Forks River Elementary in Elmwood.
今早在爱姆伍德的福克斯河小学进行投票
– Chris called earlier. – Mm-hmm?
克里斯来过电♥话♥
He said if Gore wins, you can have the week off.
他说如果戈尔赢了 你可以休假一周
If he loses, he wants you in the office by noon tomorrow.
如果输了 你明天中午得去办公室
Yeah, well, they don’t call
好吧 沃恩·克里斯托弗
Warren Christopher the Great Negotiator for nothing.
被称为伟大的谈判家是有原因的
So I take it you’re not gonna be joining the Gore administration.
我想你是不会加入戈尔政♥府♥了
(德克萨斯 奥斯汀) 布♥什♥竞选团总部
Yes, I understand what you’re saying to me, but I haven’t heard anything about that.
The governor promised to go to California,
布♥什♥曾保证前往加州
and that’s why the governor went to California.
而这正是他前往加州的原因
And he always keeps his promises. Absolutely.
他总是遵守诺言 绝对的
So I’m finally in the governor’s mansion,
我最终到达了州长的官邸
and it is pretty imposing.
其景令人难忘
Now we’re all seated at dinner.
我们都坐下准备就餐
Everybody bows their heads for prayer.
所有人都低头祈祷
And I am sitting there thinking
而我坐在那里想
“What’s a nice Jewish boy from Pennsylvania
一个来自宾夕法尼亚的犹太小伙与
doing here praying with the Governor of Texas?”
德克萨斯州长一同祈祷是多么棒的事情
And the governor leans over
州长侧过身
and he whispers in my ear,
对我耳语说