尽管你们的毕业证书相当管用 记住
Although your diplomas are equally specific, remember:
你们是独自去闯世界
you are all going out into the world as individuals.
现在 我很荣幸的介绍
I now proudly present
今年伍得罗威尔逊公共国际事物学院的
this year’s Woodrow Wilson School of Public and lnternational Affairs
毕业班
graduating class.
加油 加油 加油
Go, go, go.
-再见 我们爱你 -你必须记住
– Bye. We love you. – You have to write.
-谢谢你母亲准备的饼干 -我为你骄傲
– Thank your mom for all the cookies, OK? – I’m very proud of you.
公主日记
Dear diary.
是我 全新的大学公主毕业生
Well, it’s me. Brand-new college graduate-slash-princess.
哦 真不敢相信已经五年了
Oh, I can’t believe it’s been five years
从奶奶告诉我 我是个公主算起
since Grandma told me that I was a princess.
我? 公主? 闭嘴
Me? A… a princess? Shut up.
自从那以后 我妈妈令我感到很吃惊
And right after that, my mother surprised me
她同我高中老师帕特里克·奥柯奈尔结了婚
by marrying my high-school teacher, Patrick O’Connell.
一切都会好的 因为他们希望能有一个孩子
It must be going well, because they are now expecting a baby.
莉莉还是老样子 一如既往的制♥造♥麻烦
Lilly’s remained the same, as she continues to cause turmoil,
但是现在作为一个柏克利的毕业生
but now as a graduate student at Berkeley.
她一直叫它”柏斯克利”
Which she calls “Berserkeley.”
你可能会问”麦克怎么样了?”
“How’s Michael?” you may ask.
自从他和他的乐队全国巡回演出后 我们现在只是朋友
Well, we’re just friends now, as he went off to tour the country with his band.
米娅公主
Princess Mia.
看看窗外 欢迎回到基诺维亚
Look out the window, and welcome back to Genovia.
哦 是的 我美丽的基诺维亚
Oh, there it is. My beautiful Genovia.
当然 能够回来我很激动 但是也有一点紧张
Of course, I’m completely excited to be going back, but I’m also a bit nervous.
基诺维亚一号♥已经着陆
Genovia One has landed.
奶奶克拉丽斯今年年底将从女皇的位置退下来
Grandma Clarisse will step down by the end of this year as queen,
我将会接任 这时我是21岁
and I’ll be taking over, since I’m now 21.
看啊 米娅公主
Mira, la princesa Mia.
这是来自美国的公主 你好!
It’s the princess from America! Hi.
公主万岁
Viva la princesa.
我知道我在学校里学的是外交和政♥治♥ 但是
I know I studied diplomacy and political science at school, but…
没有一门课程是关于”女皇”和”如何管理国家”的
there is no course in “Queen, ” or “How To Run A Country 1 0 1.”
但是奶奶会教我 在她认为我准备好了的时候会让我接任
But Grandma’s going to help me, and I’ll take over when she thinks I’m ready.
当然 我会想 我什么时候才能准备好呢?
Of course, I wonder… will I ever be ready?
在这期间 我会住在一个像童话般漂亮的宫殿里
In the meantime, I’m going to live in a beautiful palace like in a fairy tale,
并最终登上王座 来统治基诺维亚的人♥民♥
and eventually sit on a throne and rule the people of Genovia.
那样会很恐怖或是什么的吗?
Is that scary or what?
好了 或许胖路易会帮助我的
Well, maybe Fat Louie can give me some help.
高贵的
Her Royal Highness
阿米莉娅·米格雷特·勒姆奥普丽丝·雷纳尔迪公主
Princess Amelia Mignonette Thermopolis Renaldi
已经到了
has arrived.
公主 欢迎回家
Welcome home, Princess.
还有她高贵的小猫 胖路易阁下
And her royal pussycat, Sir Fat Louie.
在我的童话里 有件沮丧的事情就是我从未恋爱过
The one downer in my fairy tale is I’ve never been in love.
奥地利的帕克伯爵夫人
Countess Puck of Austria.
不管怎么样 今晚是我21岁的生日晚会
However, this evening is my 2 1st-birthday party,
并且我们的传统是
and our tradition says
我必须同基诺维亚所有符合条件的单身汉跳舞
I have to dance with all the eligible bachelors in Genovia.
或许今晚我能遇见我的白马王子
So maybe I’ll meet my Prince Charming tonight.
女皇要来了
The queen is coming.
她要来这个充满活力的
Here she comes. Look alive.
地方
Places.
她要有一个双门的入口
She’ll have a double-door entrance.
老鹰正在移♥动♥ 重复 老鹰正在移♥动♥
The eagle is flying. Repeat, the eagle is flying.
她已经到大厅了
She’s in the foyer.
真漂亮
Beautiful.
但是你迟到了 殿下
But you’re late, Your Majesty.
女皇从不迟到 其他人只不过早到了一会
A queen is never late. Everyone else is simply early.
当然
Of course.
克拉丽斯·雷纳尔迪殿下
Her Majesty Clarisse Renaldi,
基诺维亚的女皇
Queen of Genovia.
你们好 朋友们
Greetings, good friends.
很高兴今晚你们能来这里
I am delighted to welcome you here this evening.
-谢谢 -我希望他们能有一串奶酪
– Thank you. – I hope they have string cheese.
好的
Ah, good.
你们很多人应该记得鲁柏特国王和我的 孙女米娅公主
Many of you will remember King Rupert’s and my granddaughter, Princess Mia.
鲁柏特国王 愿他长眠
King Rupert. May he rest in peace.
希望大家能够举杯庆祝
Will you please raise your glasses in celebration
米娅公主的21岁生日
of Princess Mia’s 21 st birthday.
现在有请高贵的
Presenting Her Royal Highness
阿米莉娅米格雷特·勒姆奥普丽丝·雷纳尔迪公主
Amelia Mignonette Thermopolis Renaldi
基诺维亚的公主
Princess of Genovia.
敬米娅公主
To Princess Mia.
敬米娅公主
To Princess Mia.
-这经常发生 -哦!
– It happens all the time. – Oh!
-生日快乐 -谢谢
– And happy birthday. – Thank you.
哦 我不会说希腊语
Oh, I don’t speak Greek.
你显然也不会说英语
And you obviously don’t speak English.
一 二 三 一 二 三
One, two, three. One, two, three.
一 二 三 一 二 三
One, two, three. One, two, three.
-一 二 -哦!
– One, two… – Ow!
对不起
Sorry.
-你看到公主了吗? -是的 但是她看上去并不友善
– Have you met the princess yet? – Briefly. But she wasn’t very friendly.
我得到了一个你好和再见 这就是美国的风俗习惯吗?
I got a hello and a goodbye. Is this an American custom?
我看到了
– I saw that. – Oh, uh…
我想死你了
Oh, I’ve missed you.
-塞巴斯蒂安 -殿下
– Sebastian. – Majesty.
-希拉 -殿下
– Sheila. – Majesty.
-你在这里干吗? -这是一个舞会
– What have you been up to? – Oh, just partying, girl. You know.
哦 你的脚 对不起
Oh, your foot. I’m so sorry. Are…
你还好吗?
Are you all right?
我还活着 殿下
I’ll survive, Your Highness.
都是我脚的错 对不起
The fault was entirely my own. I apologize.
你确认你不想换保险执照和保险证吗?
Are you sure you don’t want to exchange licenses and proof of insurance?
不 不 这些鞋子只是有点大
No, no. These shoes were a little big anyway.
慢慢的膨胀会使它们更舒服的
The swelling should help them fit better.
嘿 看这个男的
Hey, get a load of this guy.
摇动 摇动
Shimmy shimmy.
嘿 嘿 嘿
Hey, hey, hey. Bitte.
-你是一个美丽的舞者 -哦 是吗 谢谢
– You are a beautiful dancer. – Oh, why, thank you so much.
就像一只鹿
Like a deer.
或是像一只森林里的花栗鼠
Or a chipmunk in the forest.
看上去他正在降落飞机
Looks like he’s trying to land a plane.
被比喻成动物是一件很高兴的事情
Woodland animals are a lovely thing to be compared to.
可以吗?
May l?
-你来的真是时候 谢谢 -别客气 殿下
– Your timing is impeccable. Thank you. – You’re welcome, Your Highness.
米娅 我喜欢别人叫我米娅
Mia. I like to be called Mia.
那么你是?
And you are?
尼古拉斯 加斯特·尼古拉斯
Nicholas. Just Nicholas.
我很高兴我的笨拙没有影响到你的舞步
Well, I’m very glad to see that my clumsiness hasn’t affected your dancing.
对不起 我刚才踩到你的脚了
I’m sorry I stepped on your foot.
你可以任何时候踩它
You can step on my foot anytime.
轮到雅克王子了
It is Prince Jacques’ turn.
殿下
Your Highness.
如果这是我的舞会 我现在会吻你的
If this were my party, we’d be kissing by now.
那是雅克王子 他大概12岁了
That’s Prince Jacques. He’s about 1 2 years old.
他是一个早熟的王子
He’s a very precocious prince.
他擦了须后水 好让别人认为他很成熟
He wears aftershave to make people think that he’s older.
可以和你耳语几句吗?
May I blow in your ear?
你够得着吗?
Can you reach it?
公主 你应该会见一些国会的人
Princess, there’s someone from parliament you should meet.
夏洛特 这里有多少国会的人?
Charlotte, how many members of parliament are there?
只剩下两个 殿下
Only two left, Your Highness.
-要蛋糕吗 女士? -哦 天啊
– Cake, ladies? – Oh, dear.
哦 殿下 对不起 这只是一次意外
Oh, Your Highness, pardon me, I am so sorry. It was only an accident.
没事 没事 没有受伤 没有弄脏 没有撞到
It’s fine, it’s fine. No harm, no foul, no bruise.
非常感谢
Thank you so much.
你应该注意些 高贵的殿下
You should be more careful, Your Royal Highness.
有人可能会把这个拿走的
Somebody might try to take that away from you.