记住 保持挺胸
Now, remember, keep your shoulders back.
搂住你弟弟 就这样
Okay, put your arm around your brother. That’s it.
好 别动
Right, and freeze.
好了 再来一张
Okay, one more.
死亡诗社
再复习一遍
Now, just to review,
你要跟着队伍走
you’re going to follow along the procession
走到校长面前
until you get to the headmaster.
然后 他会示意你
And at that point, he will indicate to you
点亮孩子们的蜡烛
to light the candles of the boys.
好了 孩子们 安静下来
All right. All right, boys, let’s settle down.
举旗
Banners up.
传统
传统
荣誉
纪律
卓越
女士们先生们
Ladies and gentlemen,
孩子们 知识之光
boys, the light of knowledge.
一百年前的1859年
One hundred years ago, in 1859,
41个孩子坐在这个房♥间里回答了
41 boys sat in this room and were asked the same question
你们每学期开始都要回答的问题
that now greets you at the start of each semester.
先生们 四大支柱是什么
Gentlemen, what are the four pillars?
传统 荣誉 纪律 卓越
Tradition, honor, discipline, excellence.
威尔顿学院建校后 第一届有5名毕业生
In her first year, Welton Academy graduated five students.
去年 有51名毕业生
Last year, we graduated 51.
其中超过75%都被常春藤院校录取了
And more than 75 percent of those went on to the Ivy League.
这种成就
This kind of accomplishment
正是坚守本校原则的结果
is the result of fervent dedication to the principles taught here.
正因如此 你们的父母才会把爱子交给我们
This is why you parents have been sending us your sons.
正因如此 我们是美国最优秀的预科学校
This is why we are the best preparatory school in the United States.
如你们所知
As you know,
我们敬爱的英文系老师 波迪亚斯先生
our beloved Mr. Portius of the English Department
上学期退休了
retired last term.
稍后你们将有机会认识他的继任者
You will have the opportunity later to meet his replacement,
约翰·基廷老师
Mr. John Keating,
他本身也是这所学校的荣誉毕业生
himself an honors graduate of this school.
过去几年里
And who, for the past several years,
他在伦敦享有盛誉的切斯特学校任教
has been teaching at the highly regarded Chester School in London.
理查德 你忘拿包了
Richard, you forgot your bag.
-嗨 查理 -你好吗
– Hi, Charlie. – Hey, how you doing?
别担心 你的俱乐部作业在我这儿
Don’t worry, I’ve got your club assignment.
我很高兴你能来
I’m glad you could come by.
典礼一如既往得精彩 诺兰博士
Thrilling ceremony as usual, Dr. Nolan.
你离开太久了
You’ve been away too long.
-你好 诺兰博士 -最近怎么样
– Hello, Dr. Nolan. – How’ve you been?
-这是我们家的小儿子 托德 -安德森先生
– This is our youngest, Todd. – Mr. Anderson.
你的榜样太出色了 要十分努力才能赶上 年轻人
You have some big shoes to fill, young man.
你哥哥是我校最优秀的学生之一
Your brother was one of our finest.
谢谢
Thank you.
-典礼太棒了 -谢谢 很高兴你能喜欢
– Lovely ceremony. – Thank you. I’m so glad you liked it.
-格尔 -约翰
– Gale. – John.
很高兴再次见到你
Good to see you again.
-你好 诺兰先生 -尼尔
– Hello, Mr. Nolan. – Neil.
我们对你今年的表现寄予厚望
We expect great things from you this year.
-谢谢你 先生 -他不会令我们失望的
– Thank you, sir. – Well, he won’t disappoint us.
-对吗 尼尔 -我一定尽力 先生
– Right, Neil? – I’ll do my best, sir.
-好了 儿子 -抬起头
– Come on, son. – Chin up.
-抬头 -别哭
-Chin up. – No tears, now.
-我不想来这里上学 -我爱你
– I don’t want to go here. – I love you.
我送你过去
I’ll walk you over.
好好上课
Do your lessons.
听说我们要做室友了
I hear we’re gonna be roommates.
-我叫尼尔·佩利 -我叫托德·安德森
– I’m Neil Perry. – I’m Todd Anderson.
你为什么离开巴林克莱斯特
Why’d you leave Balincrest?
我哥哥在这里上的学
My brother went here.
原来你是那个安德森家的
So you’re that Anderson.
这是他鼻窦炎发作时用的
Well, this is in case of his sinuses.
还有 如果他难以吞咽 就给他吃一片这个
And, oh, if he can’t swallow, you give him one of these.
如果他喘不上气 你可以给他这些
And if he has trouble breathing, you can give him some of those.
好的
Fine, yes.
-喷雾器你带了吗 -带了 在我房♥间里
– Did you remember your vaporizer? – Yeah, it’s in my room.
-你好吗 尼尔 -诺克斯
– Hey, how’s it going, Neil? – Hey, Knox.
-尼尔 今晚参加学习小组吗 -好啊
– Neil. Study group tonight? – Yeah, sure.
一切如常 是吧
Business as usual, huh?
我听说你跟新来的那位住一间
I heard you got the new kid.
看起来像个僵尸
Looks like a stiff.
糟糕
Oops.
听着 别介意卡梅隆说的话
Listen, don’t mind Cameron.
他天生嘴上就没把门的 明白我的意思吗
He’s born with his foot in his mouth. You know what I mean?
据说你上了暑期班
Rumor has it you did summer school.
没错 化学课 我父亲认为我应该先人一步
Yep. Chemistry. My father thought I should get ahead.
-暑假过得怎么样 滑头 -好得很
– How was your summer, Slick? – Keen.
-米克斯 关门 -好的 先生
– Meeks, door, closed. – Yes, sir.
先生们 四大支柱是什么
Gentlemen, what are the four pillars?
滑稽 恐怖 堕落 大便
Travesty, horror, decadence, excrement.
好了 学习小组
Okay. Study group.
米克斯的拉丁文是一流的 我的英文也不至于挂科
Meeks aced Latin, I didn’t quite flunk English.
所以如果你愿意 我们可以组个学习小组
So if you want, we got our study group.
好的 卡梅隆也邀请我了 介意加上他吗
Sure, Cameron asked me too. Anyone mind including him?
他的特长是什么 拍马屁吗
What’s his specialty, bootlicking?
-他是你的室友 -那不是我的错
– He’s your roommate. – That’s not my fault.
不好意思 我叫斯蒂文·米克斯
I’m sorry. My name is Steven Meeks.
这位是托德·安德森
This is Todd Anderson.
-很高兴认识你 -很高兴认识你
– Nice to meet you. – Nice to meet you.
我是查理·德尔顿
Charlie Dalton.
我是诺克斯·奥弗斯崔特
I’m Knox Overstreet.
托德的哥哥是杰弗瑞·安德森
Todd’s brother was Jeffrey Anderson.
-是吗 -好吧
– Oh, yeah, sure. – Well.
毕业生代表 国家优秀学者
Valedictorian. National Merit scholar.
好吧 欢迎来到”地狱学院”
Oh, well. Welcome to Hell-ton.
和传言中的一样难熬
It’s every bit as tough as they say,
除非你是米克斯这样的天才
unless you’re a genius like Meeks.
他奉承我 所以我辅♥导♥他的拉丁语
He flatters me. That’s why I help him with Latin.
还有英语 还有三角学
And English, and trig.
门没锁
It’s open.
父亲 我以为你回去了
Father, I thought you’d gone.
-佩利先生 -坐下吧 伙计们
– Mr. Perry, sir. – Keep your seats, fellas.
尼尔 我刚刚和诺兰先生谈过了
Neil, I’ve just spoken to Mr. Nolan.
我认为这学期你参加的
I think that you’re taking too many
课外活动太多了
extracurricular activities this semester,
所以我决定让你退出学校年鉴编撰工作
and I’ve decided that you should drop the school annual.
但我是今年的助理编辑
But I’m the assistant editor this year.
很遗憾 尼尔
I’m sorry, Neil.
但是父亲 我不能退出 这不公平
But, father, I can’t. It wouldn’t be fair.
小伙子们 能让我们单独谈谈吗
Fellas, could you excuse us for a moment?
不许在外人面前忤逆我
Don’t you ever dispute me in public.
-明白吗 -父亲 我没有忤…
– Do you understand? – Father, I wasn’t disputing…
等你从医学院毕业 真正独♥立♥后
After you’ve finished medical school and you’re on your own,
你就可以为所欲为了
then you can do as you damn well please,
但在那之前 你得听我的
but until then, you do as I tell you.
-明白了吗 -明白 先生 对不起
– That clear? – Yes, sir, I’m sorry.
你知道这对你母亲来说有多重要吧
You know how much this means to your mother, don’t you?
我知道 先生
Yes, sir.
你了解我的 总是揽太多事在身上
You know me, always taking on too much.
这才是我儿子
Well, that’s my boy.
听着 有什么需要就告诉我们 好吗
Now, listen, you need anything, you let us know, huh?
好的 先生
Yes, sir.
他为什么不让你做你想做的事
Why doesn’t he let you do what you want?
就是啊 尼尔 跟他吵 不会比现在更糟了
Yeah, Neil. Tell him off. It couldn’t get any worse.
真是太可笑了 你们会跟你们的父母吵吗
That’s rich. Like you guys tell your parents off?
未来的律师先生和未来的银行家先生
Mr. Future-Lawyer and Mr. Future-Banker.
好吧 我和你一样反感
Okay, so I don’t like it any more than you do.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!