独立日
七月二日
For those who haven’t read the plaque,we’ll read the plaque.
牌子还没看 我们去看一下
Here men from the planet Earth first set foot upon the moon.
地球上的人类首次登上月球
July 1969.
是在一九六九年七月
We came in peace for all mankind.
我们为了全人类和平而来
外星人探索中心 新墨西哥州
If this isn’t an insanely beautiful woman,I’m hanging up.
除非是美女 否则我要挂断了
Sir,I think you should listen to this.
长官 你得听听这个
Sir? Goddamn it!
长官 妈的
Come on,baby. Come on!
来啊 继续
This better not be another damn Russian spy job!
最好不是俄国间谍飞机
Air traffic says the skies are clear.
航空管理局说没有飞机
It’s the real thing.
这次是真的
A radio signal from another world.
是外星来的讯号
Let’s not jump the gun here.
先别那么肯定
Get online with Space Command.
给我接通太空署
They’re gonna want to know…
得让他们知道…
what’s with the golf balls?
这些高尔夫球干嘛的?
You’re gonna kill me here!
差点给你害死
Wait,this can’t be right.
有点问题
The calculated distance from source is only 375,000km.
讯号发射点离地球只有三十七万五千公里
It’s coming from the moon.
应该来自月球那里
Who else knows about this?
还有谁知道这事?
SETI in New Mexico identified a signal.
外星人探索中心也收到讯号
But,they’re even more confused than we are,sir.
但他们比我们更没头绪
国防部太空署
Major! Yes,sir.
少校 在
Radar reception has been impaired,but we were able to get these.
雷达收讯不是太好 但收到了这些影像
We estimate that it has a diameter of over 550km
我们估计它的直径达五百五十公里
and a mass roughly one fourth the size of our moon.
体积约是月球的四分之一
What the hell is it?
到底是什么东西?
A meteor?
是陨石吗?
No,sir,definitely not.
绝对不是
How do you know?
你怎么知道?
Well,sir,it’s slowing down.
因为它在减速
It’s what?
什么?
It’s slowing down,sir.
它慢下来了
Get me the Secretary of Defense.
给我接通国防部长
Then wake him!
把他叫醒
Hello.
您好
Hi,it’s me.
是我
What time is it there?
你那里几点了?
It’s 2:45 in the morning.
清晨两点四十五分
I know I didn’t wake you.
我知道我没吵醒你
As a matter of fact,you did.
你就是吵到我了
Liar.
骗人
I have a confession to make.
我要向你招供
I’m sleeping next to a beautiful,young brunette.
我身旁睡了一位棕发美少女
You didn’t let her stay up watching TV?
你没让她看电视看到很晚吧?
Did you?
有没有?
Of course not.
当然没有
You’re coming home right after the luncheon?
你午餐后就回来?
Yes,yes.
对 没错
Mommy?
妈咪?
Here’s your mother.
是你妈妈
Hi,honey!
嗨 甜心
I miss you.
我很想你
I know,miss you too.
我也很想你
President Whitmore’s approval ratings have slipped below 40%…
总统声望跌到四成以下
Even his crime bill failed to pass. He’s good.
他提出的犯罪议案也没有通过 他很棒的
Are the salad days over for President Whitmore?
魏总统的风光日子是否结束了呢
Leadership as a pilot in the Gulf…
在空军带部属打仗…
is completely different from leadership in politics…
跟当总统是不一样
Daddy let me watch Letterman.
老爸让我看 大卫深夜秀啦
Traitor.
叛徒
That’s the problem.
这便是问题所在
They elected a warrior and got a wimp.
民众以为选了个勇士 结果却是个懦夫
Morning,George.
早安 乔治
Morning,Mr.President.
早安 总统先生
That game couldn’t have been pretty.
这比赛八成不精彩
Thank you,sir.
谢谢 长官
Connie,you’re up awfully early this morning.
康妮 你今天这么早就来啦?
They’re not attacking your politics,they’re attacking your age.
他们不是针对你的政策 而是批评你太年轻
Address in Congress,
在国会上发言说
Whitmore seems less like the President…
魏不像个总统 ”
and more like the orphaned child Oliver asking:
而像”孤星泪”里的奥利弗
Please,sir,I’d like some more.”‘
在哀求 “再多给一点吧” ‘
That’s clever.
他们还真会比喻
Sure. I’m not laughing.
我不觉得好笑
Age was not an issue when you stuck to your guns.
你强硬时 没人说你太嫩
You were seen as young,idealistic…
人家说你是理想派
Now the message has gotten lost.
现在这点被完全忘记了
It’s too much politics,too much compromise.
太多政治考虑 太多妥协
Isn’t it amazing how quickly everyone can turn against you?
朋友一下子变成敌人 也够刺激的
Excuse me Mr. President,it’s the Secretary of Defense.
总统先生 国防部长来电
Yes.
是我
Could you say that again?
你可否再说一遍?
WXBY广播电台 It’s the WXBY air program.
这里是
The temperature is 95 degrees in Central Park.
中心公园的温度是华氏95度
What it is here in the borough.
纽约发生的异常到底是什么
God only knows.
只有天知道
Let’s go to Nick Jones.
下面请出尼克·琼斯
He’ll give us a traffic report to the beaches…
为大家报告交通情况
So why are you waiting?
你还在等什么?
My Social Security will expire,you’ll still be sitting there.
你再这样耗着 我都要入土了
I’m thinking.
我在思考嘛
Yeah,well,think already!
还没考虑够么
Do you know how long it takes for those cups to decompose?
你说那杯子要多久才会腐化
If you don’t move soon,I’ll start to decompose.
你再不走棋 我就要腐化了
Listen,David,I’ve been meaning to talk with you.
我一直想跟你谈谈
It’s nice that you see me so much now…
你经常来陪我 我很开心 可是…
Don’t start,Dad.
别又提这事 老爸
I’m only saying it’s been…what? Four years?
我只想说 四年了
You’re still wearing a wedding band?
你还戴着结婚戒指
Three years.
三年
All right. Three,four.
不管是三年还是四年
You’re divorced. Come on. Move on.
你都已经离婚了
This is not healthy.
这样不健康
No,this is not healthy.
这才不健康
The smoking is not healthy.
抽烟不健康
Checkmate.
将军
Wait a minute. Wait a minute.
等一下
Wait. This is not checkmate.
等一等 还没有将军
See you tomorrow,Pop.
明天见
Hold on! This is not checkmate.
慢着 没有将军啊
We’ve got everybody we have working on the problem.
我们都在想办法
X档案 希望你能看得到 I love X Files too. I hope you get to see it.
我也爱看
David! What’s the point in having a beeper if you don’t turn it on?
你的传呼机怎么关了?
I was turn it on,I was ignoring you.
是开的 只是我不想理睬
What’s the big emergency?
出了什么大事?
It started this morning.
今天早上开始的
Every station’s making like it’s the 1950s.
每个站点都像回到五十年代
We got static,snow,all kinds of distortions.
有静电 画面有雪花 失真现象
Nobody knows…
等一下 没人知道
There’s a reason we have bins lapelled “Recycle”.
桶上不是写着”回收”吗?
What the hell is going on? My God in heaven!
怎么回事? 我的老天
So sue me. David! We got a problem!
去控告我吧 跟你说有问题
Did you switch transponder channels?
收发器频道改了没?
Please! You think I’d be this panicked if it was so simple?
要是那么简单的话 我还这么恐慌干嘛
OK,let’s point the dish at another satellite.
那把天线对准另一个卫星
We tried that. It didn’t work.
试过了 没有用