阳刚时代 保持男子之气
Viriliter age Act manfully
卡尔德蒙特大学校训
Caldermount college motto
在这令人提心吊胆的时刻
A breathless moment
他用令人眼花缭乱的步法
as he clears the last man
越过了最后一人
with some truly dazzling footwork.
已经没有规则可言
The rule book lies in tatters.
这个男孩如同丛林猫一样优雅
This boy has the grace of a jungle cat.
特立独行 一马当先
A maverick. A dark horse.
它的鬃毛在水中亮得晃眼
His mane blindingly bright in the stream today.
这个被学术奖学金选中的佼佼者
This phoenix, risen from the ashes of an academic scholarship
将会被载入卡尔德蒙特大学的史书
is about to carve his name into the history books of Caldermount.
又在做梦呢 这是施舍你的
In your dreams, charity case.
坐下 小怪物
Sit down, freak.
老男孩们
Old boys
杰弗里斯
Jeffreys.
-奥德利 -到
– Audley. – Yes !
罗宾逊
Robinson.
比尔特 班汉姆
Birtles. Banham.
艾特肯
Aitken.
戴尔·哈里斯
Dale Harris.
艾特肯
Aitken.
霍华德
Howard.
赫黎
Huxley.
亲爱的父亲 有段时间没收你的消息了
Dear father, haven’t heard from you in a while,
就简单的说一下最近的情况
so just a quick update from the front.
蒙塔古
Montague.
宾汉·布拉特比
Bingham. Bratby.
这周我参加了彩带的初选
This week I trialled for Streamers.
布特
Boothe.
约翰逊
Johnson.
其实我表现得不错
It went well, actually.
那个尖子生维克斯和温彻斯特是队长
Vickers, the head boy, and Winchester are captains.
Gunderson
Er, Gunderson.
每个人都想加入温彻斯特的队伍
Everyone wants to be on Winchester’s team.
就是你 憨批
No, you, Noodle.
确切的说 是安伯森
It’s Amberson, actually.
但是别担心 也就四年而已
But don’t worry, it’s only been four years.
幸运的是 温彻是我的好朋友
Fortunately, Winch is a close personal friend of mine.
彩带 先生们
Streamers, gentlemen.
王者之战
The tourney of kings.
你们为什么想为创始人十一效力
Why do you want to play for the Founders XI ?
因为这很伟大
Greatness, sir !
你们听起来就像是一叠袋鼠
You sound like a pack of desk wallahs.
你们就想成为那种东西
Is that what you want to become ?
一群做着进半决赛白日梦的怂包
Some pen-pushing wet dream in a suburban semi ?
就像安伯森他爹似的
Like Amberson’s dad.
你们为什么想为创始人十一效力
Why do you want to play for the Founders XI ?
因为这很伟大
Greatness, sir !
那就开始吧
Let the trials begin.
不问缘由
Theirs is not to reason why
奋力向前 至死不渝
Theirs is but to do and die
是的 是的
Yeah ! Yeah !
我给你讲过彩带吗
Did I tell you about Streamers ?
只在卡尔德蒙特举办
It’s only played at Caldermount
已经三百多年了
and has been for three hundred years.
很奇怪它为什么没流行 因为它如此有趣
Strange it hasn’t caught on because it’s so much fun.
小英国佬
Little Gidding.
真正的智力游戏 智者之间的战斗
A real intellectual game, actually. A real battle of the wits.
就像是博弈
It’s like playing chess.
上啊 德式突击
And away, German bite.
大宝贝儿来了
Baby’s coming.
在那
There’s the boy.
温彻斯特领先别人一大截 是最优秀的
Winchester’s the best by a country mile.
他有三十个亲戚在队长委员会
He’s got about thirty relatives up on the captain’s honours board
他简直就是为这游戏而生的
so he was literally born to play this game.
很显然 安伯森家并没有位列委员会
Obviously, the Ambersons aren’t up on the honours board…
暂时没有
Yet.
我可能需要一个护齿板
I may need a mouth guard.
人头钻
Jackhammer good.
要进球 你就得爬到墙上去
To score, you have to climb up on to a wall
然后用彩带球打到那边的树桩上
and hit a tree stump with the Streamers ball
严格地说不是球 是方的
which, being square, is technically not a ball because, you know.
卡尔德蒙特现在想的并不是要进球了
Now I get it. Caldermount’s not about thinking,
而是炫耀似的 球到我手里了
it’s about the boast.
这关乎是否能在校史上留名
It’s about earning your place in the history books.
令人自豪
Boast possible.
如今我就要做到了
And today I did just that.
值得一夸的飞行轨迹
Boast in flight.
干得漂亮
Boast !
放下
Touch it down !
放下
Touch it down !
进球泡汤了
Boast dead.
你可能会觉得用害群之马形容你过分
You may think you were being quote unquote ‘subversive’…
我溺水了 先生
I was drowning, sir.
打破了这项伟大而古老的传统
And what better way to destroy a grand
你除了以死谢罪还能怎么办
old tradition than with your death ?
我应该直接把你带去找负责人
I should take you straight to the Headman.
-别 -现在我知道了 安伯森
– Please don’t, sir. – Now I understand, Amberson.
在这出色的队伍里你就是一只无用小虾米
You’re a minnow in this magnificent pond.
-卡尔德蒙特全凭自己 -虾米可以游泳
– And Caldermount is sink or swim. – Minnows can swim, sir.
就比如说你就是废物小虾米 你能做什么
Well let’s say you’re a crippled minnow. What do you do ?
让自己溺水
Allow yourself to drown,
还是举着你的小鱼鳍做一条友善鲑鱼
or hold up your wee gammy fin to a kindly salmon.
呃 抱歉 你是那鲑鱼吗
Er, sorry, you’re the salmon ?
安伯森 注意我的男子气概
Note my manly frankness, Amberson.
我庄重的姿态和不屈的上唇
My dignified carriage and my doughty upper lip.
以我为榜样就不会错
Model yourself on me and you won’t go wrong.
是 先生
Yes, sir.
少吃 多动
Half rations. Bucket run.
一直出错一直练习 你会感谢我的
Play up, play up and play the game. You’ll thank me for this.
是
Yes, sir.
开心点 安伯森 你这辈子就今天最好了
And smile, Amberson. These are the best days of your life.
漂亮一击
Lovely shot.
低了
Birdie.
把它装满 七点前回来
Fill her up. Back by seven.
匹夫
Pleb !
见鬼
Drat.
阳刚时代
Viriliter age
你个傻♥逼♥ 走路不看路吗
You idiot ! Can’t you look where you’re going ?
难以置信 这些箱子
I can’t believe it ! These boxes
那么大 你看不见吗
are huge ! You should’ve seen them !
抱歉
I’m sorry…
要我打电♥话♥给谁吗 要叫医生吗
Is there someone I can call ? Someone at the hospital ?
你是法国人
You’re French.
我要怎么联♥系♥你的护理员
How do I contact your carer ?
呃 不用不用 我没生病
Er, no, no. I’m not ill.
不用吗 你看起来把自己打湿了
No ? You look like you wet yourself.
-你是坏人吗 -不 我是公立学校的学生
– Are you dangerous? – No, I’m a public school boy.
我叫安伯森
Amberson.
我想拉你起来
I’m helping you up.
好吧
Cool.
我要怎么帮你
How can… I come to your aid ?
你可以搬那个
You could carry that.
收到
Roger that.
然后呢 一 二 三
And then… One, two, three.
天哪 你都放了些什么
Oh my God… What do you keep in this thing ?
你肯定十分珍爱这些书
You must really love this book.
我爸写的
My father wrote it.
不 不 不
No, no, no, no !
我宁愿去死
I’d rather die!