这次前来是为了
So, this is for, uh,
《纽♥约♥时♥报♥杂♥志♥》写稿吗
New York Times Magazine?
不 抱歉 那…
No. I’m sorry, that…
其实…
there…
不 我是自♥由♥职业者
mm… no, I freelance.
我为很多杂♥志♥写稿
I write for different magazines,
但我这次是为私事来的
but this is a personal matter.
私事
A personal matter?
对 抱歉 可以吗
Yes, I’m sorry. Is that okay?
当然了
No, it’s absolutely okay.
我能问一下是关于什么事吗
May I ask what-what this is regarding and…?
是我儿子的事
Uh, it’s about my son.
好的 有什么我能帮忙的
Okay. How can I help?
他…
He…
有时候我看着他
There are moments that I look at him,
那个我养大的孩子
this kid that I raised,
我以为我里里外外都很了解的孩子
who I thought I knew inside and out,
我会想 他到底是谁
and I wonder who he is.
他一直在摄入各种毒品
He’s been doing all sorts of drugs,
但他现在对冰♥毒♥上瘾
but he’s addicted to crystal meth,
那是毒品里最糟糕的一种
which seems, uh, to be the worst of all of ’em.
我来这里
And I guess I’m here
是因为我想知道
because I just want to know…
我可以对此
all that I can about…
做些什么
all of it.
了解你的敌人 对吧
Know your enemies, right?
所以…
So…
我的两大问题是
My two big questions are,
那对他有何影响
wh-what is it doing to him,
我能做点什么来帮他
and what can I do to help him?
马林综合医院 请问有什么需要帮忙
Marin General Hospital. How may I help you?
你好 我儿子失踪了
Hi. My son has gone missing,
我想问问他是不是…
and I wanted to check to see if he had…
有可能被送去医院
uh, maybe had been brought in
或者是不是出了什么事故
or-or if-if there’d been an accident.
请问姓名是什么 他是什么样子
Can I have name and description, sir?
尼古拉斯·谢菲
Nicolas Sheff.
感谢的谢 王菲的菲
S-h-e-f-f.
他…
He is…
18岁
18 years old.
一米八多一点
He is just over six feet tall.
大概120斤
About 130 pounds.
也可能不到 我不清楚…
Maybe less. I-I don’t know. Um…
他留着齐肩棕色长发
He has shoulder-length brown hair
眼睛是绿色的
and green eyes.
谢谢 请稍等
Thank you. Please hold.
好的
Okay.
-谢菲先生 -我在
– Mr. Sheff? – Yes.
我们医院没有叫那个名字的病人
Uh, there’s no one by that name, sir.
好的 谢谢
Okay. Thank you.
《美丽与毁灭》
他已经失踪两天了
He’s been gone for two days.
你说他失踪是什么意思
What do you mean he’s gone?
-出什么事了 -我不知道
– What’s going on? – I don’t know.
-我不知道 -两天
– I don’t know. – Two days?
你怎么不早告诉我
Why didn’t you tell me sooner?
因为我不想让你担心吧
Uh, I didn’t want to worry you, I guess.
-我… -我是他母亲 大卫
– I just… – I’m his mother, David.
之前一点迹象都没有吗
Didn’t you see this coming?
没有
Uh, no.
什么
What?
没有 一点迹象都没有
No, no, I didn’t see it coming.
如果有迹象 我肯定会采取措施了
If I’d seen it coming, I would’ve done something.
我就随便问问而已 大卫
It was just a question, David. Jesus.
最近我没怎么跟他说话
I haven’t been talking with him a lot lately.
所以在养儿子方面 轮不到你
Well, maybe that’s why you shouldn’t be giving me advice
给我建议 是吧
in parenting, right?
操 维姬
Fuck, Vicki.
我们能先别互相责备吗 这…
Can we just not blame each other right now? That’s…
到底是谁在责备谁
Who’s blaming who here?
如果我几乎不怎么见他 那是因为他应该
If I hardly ever see him, it’s because he’s supposed
来洛杉矶过节
to come to L.A. for the holidays
但总是找理由不来
but always finds a reason not to come.
那不是我的错吧
Well, that’s not my fault, is it?
尼克
Nic.
这是你弟弟
Here’s your little brother.
抱好
Tight.
托住他的头
Just support his head.
你好 贾斯珀
Hi, Jasper.
你好 小家伙
Hi, little boy.
太神奇了
This is amazing.
他把舌头伸出来了
He’s sticking his tongue out.
你好 很高兴见到你
Hi. Nice to meet you.
-拜拜 -拜拜
– Bye. – Bye.
-今年夏天我会想你的 -我也是
– I’ll miss you this summer. – Me, too.
-要给我写信 -给我回信
– Okay, write me. – Write me back.
好好学法语
Work on your French.
遵命 女士
Oui, madame.
暑假愉快
Have a great summer.
代我向你妈妈问好
And say hi to your mom.
-一切 -一切
– Everything. – Everything.
漂亮男孩

Come on.
-你去哪儿了 -我只是需要睡觉
– Where have you been? – Yeah, I just need to sleep,
-好吗 -你干什么了
– all right? – What have you been doing?
我需要睡觉 好吗 别来烦我
I just need to sleep, all right? Leave me alone.
孩子们 去楼下
Guys, go downstairs.
我马上过去
I’ll be there in a minute.
听着 老爸 我…
Look, man, I’m-I’m, uh…
我真的很抱歉 知道吗 我…
I’m really sorry, all right? And-and I, uh…
我搞砸了 那是个错误 但是…
I fucked up, and it was a mistake, but…
只此一次 好吗 我吸取到教训了
it was a one-time mistake, all right? I learned my lesson.
我不想再经历这种破事了 好吗 所以…
I don’t want to go through this shit again, all right? So…
-我们进去吧 -不
– Let’s just go inside. – No.
他们是专业人士
They’re professionals.
我们去听听他们怎么说
Let’s just listen to what they have to say.
我已经成年了好吗 你不能强迫我
Look, I’m 18, all right?! You can’t force me!
这事已经失控了 好吗
This got out of hand, right?
你不这么觉得吗
Don’t you think?
走吧
Come on.
好吧
All right.
好 好
Okay. Okay.
我是为了你才去的
I’m doing it for you.
他需要治疗 要快
He needs treatment. And fast.
他体内还是有很多药物
There’s still a lot of drugs in his system.
最糟糕的是 他对此否认
And, worst of all, he’s in denial.
你能帮他吗
Um, can you help him?
可以 我是说
Oh, yeah. I mean,
很多人都不是自愿来这里的
a lot of the people here are not here by choice.
他们的成功几率不会减少
And they have just as much chance as anybody.
好的
Okay.
我们免费提供床位
So, we have a free bed.
如果你想 我们可以让他参加为期28天的治疗
So, if you want, we can check him in for a 28-day treatment
然后评估治疗结果
and then we evaluate.
你们的成功率是多少
What is your success rate?
最高的时候有80%
On the high end, 80%.
最低的时候嘛
On the low end,
是25%
25%.
他每天都会参加
Look, he will have daily consultations
全职精神科医生的咨♥询♥
with a staff psychiatrist and physician.
我们每天都有匿名戒瘾会
We have daily N.A. And A.A. Meetings.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!