老妇人记得多年前
The old woman remembered a swan she had bought…
在上海傻乎乎地出大价钱买♥♥了一只天鹅
many years ago in Shanghai for a foolish sum.
这只”天鹅”被小贩吹得天花乱坠
“This bird,” Boasted the market vendor…
曾经是极力伸长脖子的鸭子
“Was once a duck that stretched its neck…
王颖作品
曾经是极力伸长脖子的鸭子
“Was once a duck that stretched its neck…
王颖作品
企图成为一只鹅
in hopes of becoming a goose.
王颖作品
王颖作品
现在它已经如此优美 不忍♥将其烹饪
And now look. It is too beautiful to eat.”
王颖作品
现在它已经如此优美 不忍♥将其烹饪
And now look. It is too beautiful to eat.”
喜福会
现在它已经如此优美 不忍♥将其烹饪
And now look. It is too beautiful to eat.”
喜福会
后来这个女人带着天鹅漂洋过海
Then the woman and the swan sailed across an ocean…
背井离乡
many thousands of li wide…
来到了美国
stretching their necks toward America.
在路上她对天鹅轻语
On her journey she cooed to the swan…
“到了美国我要生一个像我一样的女儿
“In America I will have a daughter just like me.
但是在那里 她无需仰仗
But over there, nobody will say her worth is measured…
丈夫的鼻息度日
by the loudness of her husband’s belch.
在那里 没人会歧视她
Over there, nobody will look down on her…
因为我会让她讲一口流利的美语
because I will make her speak only perfect American English.
她会
And over there, she will
一直无忧无虑
always be too full to swallow any sorrow.
她会知晓我的苦心 因为我会赠与她这只天鹅
She will know my meaning because I will give her this swan…
改编自谭恩美同名小说
她会知晓我的苦心 因为我会赠与她这只天鹅
She will know my meaning because I will give her this swan…
改编自谭恩美同名小说
一只远超期望中的生物
a creature that became more than what was hoped for.”
改编自谭恩美同名小说
一只远超期望中的生物
a creature that became more than what was hoped for.”
但是当她踏入这块新土地
But when she arrived in the new country…
移♥民♥局官员把天鹅从她身边拿走
the immigration officials pulled the swan away from her…
这女人无奈地挥挥双臂
leaving the woman fluttering her arms…
只留有一根天鹅羽毛做念想
and with only one swan feather for a memory.
很久以来 老妇人一直想要
For a long time now, the woman had wanted…
赠予女儿这根天鹅羽毛
to give her daughter the single swan feather…
告诉她 这根羽毛看似一文不值
and tell her, “This feather may look worthless…
但却是远从千里而来
but it comes from afar and carries with it…
承载着我的一片心”
all my good intentions.”
– 嗨 – 嗨 詹妮弗
– Hi! – Oh, Jennifer! Oh, hi!
– 嗨 琼 – 嗨
– Hi, June. – Hi.
是 我想… 就这样吧 琼 你好
Yeah, I want– That’s it. How are you, June?
– 快点 决一死战 – 快
– Come on, do or die. Right here. Come on, do or die! – Come on!
好吧
All right, all right,
他们正在传球
they’re lining up for a pass!
传球 棒极了
It’s a pass! Here we go, baby!
– 快快 传球 – 奥克兰
– Here we go. Come on! – Oakland.
来了 来了 要传球了
All right, all right, here we go! Here we go!
耶 球进了
Yes. Yes. Yes!
我就说过嘛
Yes! I told you, man! I told you!
你欠我五块
Yeah, you owe me five bucks!
每天早上 “薇芙 薇芙 薇芙丽 啊”
Every morning, “Wave, Wave, Waverly-a!”
我没有那么叫 她说我像我的…
I do not sound like– She’s saying I sound like my–
我的口气听起来不像我母亲的 我怎么能像她的
I do not sound like my mother. How could I be like my mother?
– 你先开始的 – 她也这么说
– And you started– – She said that too.
– 她说的没错 这种蔬菜 – 什么?
– She is right, you know. This kind of vegetable… – What?
不要把大白菜放进沙拉里
Don’t put Chinese cabbage in the salad.
必须要煮
– has to be, has to be boiled.
– 我一直放大白菜 – 生的更苦
– I always use Chinese cabbage– – It’s bitter.
– 嗯 爸 闻起来很香 – 谢谢
– Mmm, Dad, that smells good. – Thanks.
– 不不 – 会散架的 – 快来人帮我
– No! No! – It will fall apart! – Someone help me now.
– 我无法相信她们还在争论 – 快来 照相时间
– I can’t believe they’re still arguing. – Come on, picture time!
照相时间到了 – 好吧
– Picture time! Picture time! – All right,
– 现在该照相了 – 薇芙丽超爱吃
picture time now. – Waverly, Waverly loves it!
– 萝丝阿姨 – 萝丝
– Aunt Rose! Rose! – Rose! Rose! Rose!
– 快来 – 照相 – 我们准备好了
– Come on, come on, come on. – Picture, picture. – We’re ready.
琼 过来呀
– Come on. – Oh! June. -June. Come here.
快过来 琼
– Come on, June! – Get over here! – Get over here!
– 来吧 来吧 – 没事的 莉娜
-Get over here! -Come on! -Oh, no, that’s all right, Lena.
– 快来 – 没事 真的
– Come on! – It’s all right. – No, really.
– 去吧 – 快来嘛
– Go ahead. Go ahead. Go ahead. – Go on! – Come on, right now.
– 琼 靠近点 – 好了
-June, come closer, darling. Come closer. – All right, enough.
– 该照相了 – 来吧 孩子们
– Enough. Time to take the picture now. – Come on, girls.
让我看看你的发型 还不错
All right, let me check your hair. Okay, it looks nice.
– 妈 笑得自然点 – 我一直笑得自然 薇芙丽
– Now smile naturally, Ma. – I always do, Waverly.
你才没有 做出一个友好的笑
No, you don’t. Do a nice, friendly one.
你看起来一直很年轻
You look younger all the time.
– 这怎么样 – 你遗传了我的好肤质
– How is that? – I give you my good skin.
真的吗 你保证?
Really? You promise?
你老了以后就会像我这样
You will look like me when you are older.
– 是的 – 靠近点 – 妈 我已经很近了
– Yes. – Come close. – I’m close, Mom.
– 不要压着我的头发 – 说茄子 – 我没压
– But don’t crush my hair. – Say cheese. – I won’t.
茄子
– Cheese! – Cheese! – Cheese!
莺莺 拿着
Ying Ying, take this.
– 我母亲四个月前去世了 – 九块九毛九
-My mother died four months ago. -…$9.99.
我第一次意识到
I realized for the first time,
她们想让我替代我母亲的位置
they wanted me to take my mother’s place.
于是我面东而坐 母亲的好朋友们
So I sat down on the East, where things begin…
之间发生一切的地方
with my mother’s best friends.
我母亲成立了喜福会
My mother started the Joy Luck Club,
她在教会认识了这些妇女
having met all these women in church.
安美阿姨
Auntie An Mei…
林多阿姨
Auntie Lindo…
莺莺阿姨
Auntie Ying Ying.
30年来 她们参加宴会
For 30 years, these women feasted…
来忘却过去的错误 欢笑和玩乐
forgot past wrongs, laughed and played…
输赢都有但不忘讲述最棒的故事
lost and won and told the best stories.
每周她们希望手气好
Each week they hoped to be lucky…
这个希望成为她们仅有的乐趣
and that hope was their only joy.
比起喜乐和福气 她们之间的联♥系♥
Their connection with each other had more to do with hope…
更和希望有关
than joy or luck.
– 你牌品和你母亲像吗 – 呃 我只在大学和
– You win like your mother? – Uh, I only played once…
– 一些犹太朋友玩过一次 – 哼 犹太麻将
– with some Jewish friends in college. – Hmph! Jewish mah-jong.
不是一回事 完全不一样
Not the same thing. Entirely different.
中国麻将非常微妙
Now, Chinese mah-jong very tricky.
你必须观察所有人打出去的牌
You have to watch what everybody throw out…
然后铭记在脑中
and you keep all this in your head.
如果没人技艺精通
And if nobody play well…
就和玩犹太麻将一样 毫无战略
then the game is just like Jewish mah-jong: no strategy.
你们这些美国女孩玩中国麻将 犹太麻将
You American girls play Chinese, Jewish.
有何不同吗
What’s the difference?
她们有点担心 在我的身上她们看到了自己女儿的影子
They were worried. In me, they see their own daughters.
就像我们的母亲带到这个国度的
Just as ignorant of all the hopes and dreams…
希望和梦想一样单纯
our mothers brought to this country.
嘿 嘿 嘿 嘿 嘿 不准用中文交流
Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey. No talking in Chinese.
哈 不然我怎么知道你们有没有出老千
Huh? How do I know you’re not cheating?
– 我们才不会呢 – 你不知道 但是我们不会的
– We would not cheat. – You don’t know, but not we.
你不知道 但是我们是你的阿姨
You don’t know, but we are your auntie,
我们是很诚实的人
and we are very honest people.
– 我们不会欺骗你的 – 也许 也许 也许吧
– We will not cheat you. – Maybe, maybe, maybe, maybe, maybe.
嘿 琼 你为什么不把这架钢琴带回家呢
Hey, June, why you not take the piano home?
你是唯一会弹奏的人啊
You only one who play.
在我九岁的时候
When I was nine years old…
我母亲那会对我的信念就是
my mother’s version of believing in me…
相信我能够大有作为
was believing that I could be anything…
成就任何她希望我成就的事
anything she wanted;
华人界最棒的钢琴奇才
the best piano prodigy this side of China.
其实我从未练习过弹琴
I never practiced.
幸运的是 庄先生并没有发觉
Lucky for me, old Mr. Chong couldn’t tell the difference.
他的双耳已经聋了很多年
He’d gone stone-deaf over the years.
我和贝多芬 我们都能在脑中欣赏音乐
Me and Beethoven, we both hear it in our head!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!