夜访吸血鬼
你要我述说我的一生
So you want me to tell you the story of my life.
我说道 我专门访问人
Like I said, that’s what I do.I interview people.
找寻活生生的题材
I’m a collector of lives.
在旧金山调频台播送
FM radio, KFRC.
我的故事需一袋的录音带
You’ll need a lot of tape for my story.
没问题 我有
No problem. I got a bag full of tape.
你跟踪我?
You followed me here, didn’t you?
算是吧
Yeah, I suppose I did.
你看来很不一样
You seemed very interesting.
你住这?
This is where you live?
不
No.
这只是个房♥间
It’s just a room.
就现在开始 如何?
What do you say we get started?
你做什么的
What do you do?
我是吸血鬼
I’m a vampire.
这倒新鲜
I haven’t heard that before.
你是说真的
You mean this literally, I take it?
绝对
Absolutely.
我在那巷里等你
I was waiting for you in that alley.
看你在注意我
Watching you watching me.
然后你说话了
And then you began to speak.
我真走运
What a lucky break for me.
或许我俩都走运
Perhaps lucky for both of us.
你说你在…等我
You said you were…waiting for me.
想干嘛?杀我?吸我的血?
What were you going to do?Kill me, drink my blood?
对
Yes.
你现在不必担心
But you needn’t be concerned now.
你真以为自己是吸血鬼?
You really believe this, don’t you, that you’re a vampire?
这样说下去会没完没了
We can’t begin this way.
让我先开灯
Let me turn on the light.
我以为吸血鬼怕光
– I thought vampires didn’t like light.We love it.
错了
我要让你了解
I only wanted to prepare you.
天啊
Christ!
别怕
Don’t be frightened.
我只想藉这机会
I want this opportunity.
你怎么做的?
How the hell’d you do that?
跟你一样
The same as you do.
一连串简单动作
A series of simple gestures.
只是我动得太快让你看不见
Only I moved too fast for you to see.
我是血肉之躯
I’m flesh and blood…
但不是人
…but not human.
我这样已经两百年了
I haven’t been human for 200 years.
请坐
Please…
该如何你才会放轻松?
How can I put you at ease?
你要我话说从头吗?
Shall we begin like “David Copperfield?”
我出生
“I am born…
我长大
…I grew up.”
或从我自黑暗世界诞生开始
Or shall we begin when I was born to darkness, as I call it.
是该从那时开始讲 你认为呢
That’s where we should start, don’t you think?
你没骗我?
You’re not lying, are you?
为什么要骗你
Why should I lie?
事情发生在1 791年
1791 was the year it happened.
我当时二十四岁
I was 24.
比你现在年轻
Younger than you are now.
但时代不同 那时我已成人
But times were different then.I was a man at that age.
是纽奥良南部大农庄的主人
The master of a large plantation,just south of New Orleans.
我妻子死于难产
I had lost my wife in childbirth.
在她和婴儿死后的半年左右
She and the infant had been buried less than half a year.
我恨不得随他们同去
I would’ve been happy to join them.
失去他们令我痛苦万分
I couldn’t bear the pain of their loss.
我很想解脱
I longed to be released from it.
我想放弃一切
I wanted to lose it all:
我的财富…
My wealth…
我的产业…
…my estate…
我的神智
…my sanity.
一副牌几张A?
How many aces are in a deck?
你说我作弊?
Are you calling me a cheat?
不 我说你是垃圾
No, I’m calling you a piece of stinking offal!
你没种 动手啊
You lack the courage of your conviction.Do it!
那时我一心只想死
Most of all, I longed for death.
现在回想起来
I know that now.
那时是我找上死神
I invited it.
助我从苦痛中解脱
A release from the pain of living.
我欢迎任何人来结束我
My invitation was open to anyone.
我身边的妓♥女♥
To the whore at my side.
身后的皮条客
To the pimp that followed.
结果回应的是吸血鬼
But it was a vampire that accepted.
要钱要命
Give me your money or you die!
还想死吗?
Do you still want death?
尝够滋味了吧
Or have you tasted enough?
够了
Enough.
他把我留在密西西比河岸边
He left me there, on the banks of the Mississippi…
将我留在生兴死之间
…somewhere between life and death.
你是谁?你来干嘛?
Who are you? What’reyou doing at my house?
我来实现你的心愿
I’ve come to answer your prayers.
生命是没有意义的
Life has no meaning anymore…does it?
酒色无味
The wine has no taste.
食之无趣
The food sickens you.
好像已没必要再活下去
There seems no reason for any of it…
如果我让你一切从头再来
What if I could give it back to you?
跳过痛苦的那一部份
Pluck out the pain…
走入另一个你想像不到的世界
One you could never imagine.
如此一来…
And it would be…
无论时间…
…for all time.
病痛…
And sickness…
或死亡…
…and death…
都奈何不了你
…could never touch you again.
别怕
Don’t be afraid.
我会让你拥有…
I’m going to give you the choice…
我不曾有过的选择机会
…l…never had.
那天早上我尚未变成吸血鬼
That morning, I was not yet a vampire…
是我最后一次看日出
…and I saw my last sunrise.
我记得很清楚
I remember it completely…
以前的日出却毫无印象
…and yet I can’t recall any sunrise before it.
最后一次享受灿烂的破晓
I watched the whole magnificence of the dawn for the last time…
仿佛初见般
…as if it were the first.
我向阳光告别后
And then I said farewell to sunlight…
就准备变成现在这样
…and set out to become…
向阳光告别了吗?
Have you said your good-byes to the light?
我已将你的血吸干
I’ve drained you…
如果不理你
If I leave you here…
你就会死
…you die.
你也可以永保青春
…you can be young always, my friend…
像我现在这般
…as we are now.
你一定要告诉我
But you must tell me…
肯不肯加入?
…will you come…or no?
肯
Yes.
肯
Yes.
你躯体将死
Your body’s dying.
不必在意
Pay no attention.
这是必经阶段
It happens to us all.
看吧
Now look…
用吸血鬼的眼光看吧
…with your vampire eyes.
你看见什么?
What did you see?
言辞无法形容
No words can describe it.
正如仙界所见
Might as well ask heaven what it sees.
凡人难明
No human can know.
雕像似动未动
The statue seemed to move, but didn’t.
世界似变却又未变
The world had changed,yet stayed the same.