我六岁的时候
Once, when I was six years old,
读过一本关于原始森林的书
I read a book about the primeval forest.
书上说
The book said,
“蟒蛇会把猎物整个吞下
“Boa constrictors swallow their prey whole,
“而不咀嚼”
“without chewing it.”
我思索良久之后
I pondered this deeply.
画下了第一幅画
And then, I made my first drawing.
我把我的杰作拿给大人们看
I showed my masterpiece to grown-ups
还问他们有没有被这画吓到
and asked if the drawing frightened them.
害怕
Frightened?
为什么会有人害怕一顶帽子
Why should anyone be frightened of a hat?
大人啊
Grown-ups.
从来不会自己动脑思考问题
They never understand anything by themselves.
于是我又画下了第二幅画
So, I made another drawing.
老天 我建议你还是学算术吧
Geez. My advice is stick to arithmetic.
-历史 -还有语法
– History. – And grammar.
我听取了他们的建议
I took their advice
然后 我长大了
and I grew up.
我完全忘记了童年的那个我
I forgot all about being a child
直到发生这件奇遇
until something miraculous happened.
小王子
小王子
我一直很想与人分享这个故事 可是…
I’ve always wanted to find someone to share this story with, but…
不知怎么…
I don’t know…
也许是这个世界 太世故了吧
I guess this world just… got too grown-up.
早上好 今天最重要的数字
Good morning, in matters of consequence today,
经过处理 计算…
figures were managed, counted and…
破纪录的数字被写到纸上
Record-breaking numbers were written down on pieces of paper,
送到银行 放到抽屉里面 再用钥匙锁好
taken to the bank, placed in the drawers and locked with keys.
后背挺直
Back straight.
注意听
Listening attentively.
注意听
Listening.
不要频繁眨眼
No excessive blinking.
注意听
Listening.
受到意外表扬
Unexpected praise.
接受并说”谢谢”
Acknowledge and “Thank you.”
同时微笑 宝贝 露出牙齿
It’s a smile, sweetie. Show your teeth.
别露太多
Not too much.
很好
Good.
好了 记住
OK, now remember,
以往的民♥意♥测验和历史数据告诉我们
exit polling and historical data tell us
如果评审团有意录取你
if the panel is leaning toward acceptance,
他们就问一个问题
they will ask only one question.
终极问题
The big question.
你适合沃思学院吗
Are you Werth Academy material?
是的 我很 适合
Yes, I am.
我适合沃思学院的理由有三…
Three things make me Werth Academy material…
零一七号♥
Zero One Seven?
去吧
Go on.
我们已经看过你的申请信 写得很好
We’ve reviewed your application. Good.
谢谢
Thank you!
我们已经看过你的成绩单
We’ve reviewed your transcripts.
谢…谢
Thank… you.
还有你的论文
We’ve read your essay,
《零在盈亏线上的变革力量》
“The Transformative Power of Zero on the Bottom Line”
及其续篇 《零 仍是我的英雄》
and the follow-up, “Zero, Still My Hero”.
是的 你的准备充足
Yes, you’ve done your work.
一切似乎都已就绪
Everything looks to be in place.
我们今天只问一个问题
We will ask you just one question today.
终极问题
The big question!
“你适合沃思学院吗”
“Are you Werth Academy material?”
你长大后 想做什么
What will you be when you grow up?
是的 我很 适合
Yes, I am.
我适合沃思学院的理由有三
Three things make me Werth Academy material.
不 不
No. No.
第一 就像沃思一样 我很明智
One, like Werth, I am sensible.
第二 就像沃思一样 我很认真
Two, like Werth, I am serious.
-快停下 -第三…
– Stop! – Three…
就像沃思一样…
like Werth…
我坚定…
my unwavering…
快停下 快停下
Abort. Abort.
不移的…
concern with…
信念…
faith…
谢谢
Thank you.
宝贝
Sweetie!
很显然 他们换掉了终极问题
Apparently, they changed the big question.
我很抱歉 妈妈
I’m sorry, Mom.
没事
Don’t be.
现在只好启动备用计划了
We’re just gonna have to go to Plan B.
备用计划
B?
可你说过备用计划行不通的
You said Plan B was impossible!
所以我们才会采用原始计划
That’s why we went with Plan A.
备用计划就是新的原始计划
Plan B is the new Plan A.
前进
We’re moving forward!
学区范围 确定
Neighbourhood identified. Check.
如果发生奇迹
If by some miracle
我们能在这里找到付得起的房♥子
we can find a house in the neighborhood we can afford,
他们就必须接收你
they have to take you.


出♥售♥房♥屋
确定 确定
Check. Check.
确定
Check.
搬家卡车 确定
Moving truck, check.
全球搬运
对于那个严肃又明智的人来说…
Matters of consequence for the serious and sensible man who…
暑假的第一天
成功了
We did it!
不管他们要不要你 沃思学院你都上定了
You’re going to Werth Academy whether they want you or not.
不管火山是死是活 对于我们来说都一样
Volcanoes are extinct or alive, it comes to the same thing for us.
没有人会满足现状 停止追求
No one is ever satisfied where he is, or pursuing nothing…
新家到了 确定
Our new home. Check.
现在更换计划会不会太晚了
Is it too late for a Plan C?
你要一直提醒自己
Just keep reminding yourself:
正是因为那座房♥子我们才住得起这座房♥子
that house made this house available,
你才得以拥有未来
and made your future possible.
妈妈
Mom?
你真觉得我适合沃思学院吗
Do you really think I’m Werth Academy material?
经过这个暑假你就会够格了
You will be by the end of the summer
因为我制定了一项计划
bacause I’ve designed a plan.
非常准时
Right on time.
我称它为 你的人生计划
I call it your life plan.
我的人生计划
My life plan?
人生计划
Life plan.
不准出现任何意外
We’re not leaving anything to chance.
所有安排都在这里
Everything’s here.
从上到下 从左到右
Oriented top to bottom. Left to right.
来仔细看一下
Let’s take a closer look.
每一分钟 每一小时
The minute of the hour, hour of the day,
每一天 每一周 每一月
day of the week, week of the month, month of the year,
你这辈子的每一年
the year of your life.
所有安排 明白了吗
Everything! Got it?
连你的生日礼物计划表这里都有
It’s even got a chart for all your birthday gifts.
比如你即将到来的九岁生日 礼物是显微镜
Like your ninth birthday, coming up. Microscope.
正好在沃思学院的生物课上使用
Perfect for the Werth Academy biology curriculum.
都已经包好了
It’s already wrapped.
-好惊喜 -怎么样 惊喜吧
– Wow! – Yes. “Wow!”
但是现在 你要把注意力都集中在这里
But for now, all your attention should be focused here.
新学校的第一天
The first day of your new school.
沃思学院
准备时间有53天
We’ve got 53 days of prep time,
听上去不算多
which doesn’t sound like much,
但你可以将它换算成 1272个小时
until you break it into hours, 1,272.
或是76320分钟
Or minutes, 76,320.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!