跟我来,贝西 查克
– Come on, Bessie. – Chuck!
跟我来 准备好没有?
Come on. You ready?
1960年,康州,米斯特 可以起程了? 大概可以
– You all set? – Yeah, I think so.
真人真事 你回来时,一切都会保持全状 – 我知道了
– It’ll all be here when you get back. – I know.
想打消这个想法吗?
You’re not having second thoughts?
不,为什么这么问?
No. Why?
出海要一年时间
It’s a year of your life.
而且这个海洋学院不会获得
And this Ocean Academy isn’t recognized as accredited.
像耶鲁大学和所有长春藤大学的承认
– By Yale. – By any lvy League school.
反正你也没有能力送我进那些大学,爸
You can’t afford two of us at Yale or Brown or any lvy League school, anyway, Dad.
你哥哥获奖学金,你也可以 我不是他
– Your brother got a scholarship, and you know you’d get one too. – I’m not him!
目前我对奖学金没有兴趣,
I just don’t care about that stuff right now.
爸,出海是件好事
It’ll be a good thing, Dad.
到了 谢谢,妈
– Here. – Thanks, Mom.
带齐一切了没有? 带齐了
– You have everything? – Yes.
护照呢? 妈,放心吧
– Passport? – I’ll be fine, Mom.
为什么垂头丧气?你如愿以偿了
Why do you look so down? This is your dream come true.
这却不是爸的愿望 当然也是呀
– That’s not why he’s letting me go. – Of course it is.
不,他希望我多争取学分
No. It’s because he hopes it’ll look good on my record.
哦
Well.
反正你能出海了
Either way, you’re going.
而且,你♥爸♥本来也想出海
Besides, he would’ve loved to have been able to do this.
为什么没去呢? 他根本没有机会
– Then why didn’t he? – He never had the opportunity.
两上儿子同时出门,他心里肯定不好受
It hasn’t been easy for him, both his boys going off at the same time.
是啊
All right.
这张是到纽约机场的车票 先生 只有这一件?
– This is your bus ticket to Idlewild. – Sir. Just this one?
这张是从纽约到迈阿密的机票
And, uh, this will get you from Idlewild to Miami. This is your plane ticket…
爸,别担心我 真的
Dad? I’ll be okay. Really.
儿子,我以你为豪
Make us proud, son.
好
Okay.
今天我要开始探索新天地
Today the adventure begins.
在我上中学的最后一年,
I’ve given up my last year of high school to join the crew…
登上校船信天翁号♥
of the Brigantine school ship Albatross…
准备航行地球半周
to sail halfway around the world and back.
因为我答应了爸爸
Dad’s made me promise to keep a journal.
写日志是件烦事,但我有责任写
It’s like a chore, but it’s part of the deal I had to make.
今天,我违背了父亲的意愿
Because today, I leave the path that he had chosen for me…
踏上了自己选择的征程
and instead, take my own.
信天翁?
Albatross?
耶
Yeah.
我叫罗伯特·马丁,你呢?
Robert March. Who the hell are you?
啊,姬·查克
Ah, Gieg Chuck.
姬·查克?你是土著,外国人?
Gieg Chuck? What are you, a native or something?
不,叫我查克就行
No, it’s just Chuck.
约翰斯顿,想不到你也会来
Hey, Johnstone, I’m surprised to see you here after the old bowsprit affair.
我想再度出海, 听说,
– Yeah, well I’m back for some more. – Listen to this, man.
大情人曾经跟妞儿 在三角帆上鬼混.是吗?
Romeo here was going at it with some local girl in the jibsheet.
那是事后才做的,
After the deed was done.
看,他自己都说自己做过 的确做过.
– Whoa, hey, he says they did the deed. – Trust me. We did the deed.
在自称的做过后,两个人就去睡了
All right, man. After the alleged deed was done, they fell asleep.
麦克雷老师经过时,听到大情人的鼻鼾声
Mr. McCrea walks on deck and hears Casanova sawing logs.
召集全体船员,把托德和妞儿,
He calls the whole crew on deck, up goes the jib and out roll Tod-o and the girl…
这两条肉虫当众赶出来
naked as goddamn Adam and Eve, I swear.
来了.活受罪的水上之家
Whoa, here we are, guys. Home, sweet hell on water.
呜-呼!
Whoo-hoo!
熏鱼,熏鱼
Smoked fish, smoked fish.
走吧
Let’s go.
我可以给你一美元让你做任何事, 不,不
– I give you one dollar for every fish. – No, no.
什么事?
What happened to it?
出航前,我们要把船洗刷干净.
She cleans up. We’ll have her shipshape before she shoves off.
上船吧,
Come on.
“我愿意用千顷海水”
“Now would I give a thousand furlongs of sea…
“来换一亩荒地.” 噢,靠
– for an acre of barren ground. – Oh, shit.
“草莽荆棘,什么都好.” “照天意行事吧.”
Long heath, brown furze, anything. Will above be done.
“但是我到宁愿死在陆地上.”
But I would fain die a dry death.”
记得吗?你好,罗伯特.
Remember? Hello, Robert.
老师,你是什么意思?
Excuse me, sir, but what’s that supposed to mean?
这是出自莎士此亚”暴风雨” 中的第一幕,托德
It’s Shakespeare, Tod. The Tempest, act one, scene one.
你最好读一读 为什么?
– I suggest you read it. – Yeah, and why is that?
因为启航时你们要一起 把这段文字唱出来
Because it’s the song you’ll all be singing when we put out to sea.
阿尔达!
Arbedar!
阿尔达!
Arbedar.
噢,我差点忘记他
Oh, geez, man. I forgot about him.
你是哪里人? 加州,抽烟吗?
– Where are you from, Robert? – California, man. Have a smoke.
你好,我叫罗伯特
– How you doin’? Robert March. – Dean Preston.
你好,我叫吉尔
Hi, my name is Gil Martin.
你好,罗伯特
Hi. Chuck Gieg.
那是我的弟弟,
That’s my brother.
已经去世了
He’s dead.
我要这张床,
I’m going to take this one.
这张床已经有人占了
Well, in case you haven’t noticed, it’s already been taken.
那张不行吗?
– What’s wrong with that one? – What?
我有高山症,攀高会流鼻血
I’m sure it’s just as comfortable as this one is, but I get nosebleeds, so…
有没有反对? 你呢?
Does anyone have a problem with that? Do you?
绝不反对
Absolutely not!
我叫谢伊·詹宁斯,本船的大副 大家听着,
Guys, listen up. Shay Jennings, first mate of the Albatross.
这位是爱丽丝·希尔顿医生
This here is Dr. Alice Sheldon.
我是船上的医生,专医跌打伤痛
I’m ship’s surgeon. I’m in charge of your aches and pains.
兼教生物,数学,理科.
And I teach biology, math and science.
吉拉德·帕斯卡是厨师,
Girard Pascal here is the ship’s cook.
把手洗干净,呃?
You want to keep all your fingers, huh?
你们想进入厨房♥必须经批准 并且先洗净双手
Stay the hell out of my galley unless you’re invited and you have clean hands.
你们也许见过 麦克雷老师,
Some of you already met Mr. McCrea.
如果你还没有想出来, 教英文的
In case you haven’t figured it out, he teaches English.
船长呢?几时才露面?
So when the heck do we get to meet El Capitan, huh?
可能正在磨滑自己的木腿,
Maybe he’s gettin’ his wooden leg waxed.
船长到 你好
– Skipper on deck! – Hello.
起立,列队站稳点!
On your feet, gentlemen. Come on, let’s go!
马丁
Martin.
普雷斯顿
Preston.
约翰斯顿
Johnstone.
拉普奇克
Lapchick.
除掉这个,马丁
Get rid of it, March.
朵徳
Dowd.
弗兰贝格
Flamberg.
伯罗斯
Burrows.
姬
Gieg.
把这个脱去,
You’re gonna wanna lose that.
谁没到? 法兰克还没到,船长
– Who’d I miss? – Beaumont, sir. He’s not here yet.
本船不是玩具,
The ship beneath you is not a toy…
航海不是游戏
and sailing’s not a game.
信天翁要远赴重洋了
The Albatross will take us far, gentlemen,
但需悉心照料
but she demands constant attention.
郑重对待,航行应该会顺利
Respect that, and we’ll do fine.
另外
One more thing.
事无大小,你们都须向我报告
Nothing happens on this ship that I don’t know about.
隐瞒的话,我早晚会发现
She speaks to me in the night, so… don’t test me.
所以绝不可隐瞒
Not even a little.
“谁也不是自给自足的孤岛”
“No man is an island, entire of itself.
“因此,不要问:铃为谁鸣?”
And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls.
“铃是为你鸣的.” 约翰邓恩著
It tolls for thee.” John Donne.
到甲板上集♥合♥,去吧
I’ll see you on deck. Let’s go!
好的!赶快 各船员,立即起床
All right! Come on, roll out, sailors. All hands on deck.
六十秒 一分钟内上到甲板上!约翰斯顿
Sixty seconds. That’s one minute, Johnstone.
走,走,走 快点,跑,跑.
Go, go, go! Okay, let’s run. Run! Come on, run, run, run.
大家列队排好, 一列纵队.大家下水游泳
Guys, line up single file, please. Single file. Okay, everybody, swim!
我不是在开玩笑 伙计,下水游泳去
– Whoo! – Guys, I’m not joking. Into the water.
我不是在开玩笑,小子 赶快跳大家都跳
I’m not joking, boys. Come on, into the water. Let’s go!
大家都跳 赶快跳
Let’s go! Everyone. Go, go, go!
迪安,什么事? 大家都在游泳?
Hey, Preston, what’s the matter now? Come on, everyone swims.