我是艾莉卡·班恩 你们知道 我是城市日行者
I’m Erica Bain. And as you know, I walk the city.
我咒骂抱怨这个城市 一边走一边看一边听…
I bitch and moan about it. I walk and watch and listen…
眼看着从我们热爱的城市…
a witness to all the beauty and ugliness…
逐渐消失的一切美好与丑陋
that is disappearing from our beloved city.
上周我走到东河晦暗的深处…
Last week took me to the gray depths of the East River…
狄米托潘契科照例在晨泳
where Dimitri Panchenko swims his morning laps…
他从60年代就开始晨泳
like he has every morning since the 1960s.
勇敢的人
今天我则经过曾是广场大饭店
And today I walked by the acres of scaffolding outside
布满外墙的巨大鹰架
what used to be the Plaza Hotel…
然后想起了艾若思
and I thought about Eloise.
记得凯汤普森笔下的艾若思吗
Remember Kay Thompson’s Eloise?
艾若思曾和她的小狗温妮
Eloise who lived in the Plaza Hotel…
以及永远不在的父母 住在广场大饭店
with her dog Weenie and her parents, who were always away…
还有她的英国奶妈 她有八支骨头做成的发夹
and her English nanny who had eight hairpins made out of bones.
那个艾若思 我从小就熟悉的淘气小千金…
That Eloise. The adored brat of my childhood. A little punk kid…
性手♥枪♥乐团贝斯手席德维瑟斯
Sid Vicious, spewing beer
在切尔西旅馆唇齿间溢出的啤酒
from his teeth in the Chelsea Hotel.
安迪沃荷 他的墨镜
Andy Warhol, his sunglasses…
艾德嘉爱伦坡从废弃的木箱…
Edgar Allan Poe, freeing live monkeys from the crates of a crumbling schooner…
把活生生的猴子放到油腻的南街
on the oily slips of South Street.
这座城市的故事
Stories of a city…
在我们眼前消失 它的居民离散
that is disappearing before our eyes. Its people swept over…
把这些故事留下来做什么
So, what will be left of those stories?
我们要建构一座想像的城市 用来存放我们的记忆吗
Are we going to have to construct an imaginary city to house our memories?
因为当你深爱一样东西 当它消失一点
Because when you love something, every time a bit of it goes…
你也失去一部分的自我
you lose a piece of yourself.
今晚艾若思将在哪里过夜
So where’s Eloise going to sleep tonight?
你听得见
Can you hear
她的魂魄在颓坏的走廊
her ghost wandering around the collapsing corridors of her beloved Plaza…
漫无目的地寻找她的奶妈
trying to find her nanny’s room…
用没人听见的声音
calling out to the construction workers…
向工人呼喊
in a voice that nobody hears:
“有人看见我的乌龟小船长吗”
“Has anyone seen my turtle, Skipperdee?”
我是艾莉卡·班恩 您听的是WNKW电台的”街语”
This is Erica Bain, and you’ve been listening to Street Walk on WNKW.
-这是FM90.1 -好了
-And this is 90. 1, WNKW. -All right.
-下周见 -祝愉快 艾莉卡
-See you next week. -Have a good one, Erica.
我要闪人了
Hey, I’m out of here.
艾若思真的对你这么重要吗
Did Eloise really mean that much to you?
卡洛 你没当过小女孩吗
Oh, come on, Carol. Weren’t you ever a little girl?
我不会记得那只小乌龟的名字
Not the kind of little girl that remembers the name of her turtle.
说真的 节目很棒
Anyway, good show.
艺术电视台又打来请你开节目
Look, Bravo called again about that TV spot.
你知道吗 我
You know what? I’m…
我有的不是脸孔 而是我的声音
I’m not a face. I’m just a voice.
官网有节目内容 听众可以免费下载
The shows are on the website. People can download them for free.
-是啊 这就是问题 -我会考虑啦
-Yeah, exactly. -Maybe.
拜了
Bye.
-喂 -嘿
-Hello? -Hey.
-哈啰 -你穿什么
-Hello. -What are you wearing?
绿色手术服 腰身束紧 很性感的V领
Green scrubs, tied at the waist, very sexy V-neck.
-而且是短袖 -那顶惹火的绿帽呢
-Short-sleeved little number. -How about the sexy green hat?
-还在吗 -在我手上
-Still got that? -In my hand.
你比较喜欢哪一个吗 还是觉得差不多
You like it more than the others, less than the others or the same?
我正在文具店
Oh, yeah. I’m at the place…
只想确定你会同意 用粉色和橘色
and I wanna make sure you’re still okay with the cream and the orange.
好 粉色和橘色
Yeah, cream and orange.
其实是香草色 无所谓啦
Actually, it’s not cream. It’s vanilla. But that’s fine.
其实是香草色 不是粉色
It’s not cream. It’s vanilla.
-管他的 咱们今晚就去结婚 -你妈在乎
-Who cares? Let’s go get married tonight. -Your mother cares.
她一定要印喜帖
Trust me, she wants invitations.
这些很好 谢了
Yeah, these are good. Thanks.
今晚你到妮可的画廊找我
Hey, listen. For tonight, if you meet me at Nicole’s art thing…
我保证你只需要跟我讲话就行了
you don’t have to talk to anyone but me.
-也许吧 -来嘛
-Maybe. -Come on.
-我要去打篮球 -那你不来啰
-I’ve got a game, haven’t I? -You’re not coming?
-我得走了 -什么
-Look, I’ve gotta go. -What?
我真的很爱你
I do love you.
是啊 我也爱你
Yeah. I love you too.
-嗨 -嗨 喔 你是詹姆斯
-Hi. -Hi. Oh, you’re James.
-我是艾莉卡 妮可的朋友 -嗨
-I’m Erica. I’m Nicole’s friend. -Hi.
这些摄影作品很酷 我喜欢
These are good. They’re really cool. I love them.
黛安艾柏斯以前送洗的洗衣店
The Laundromat is in a town in Jersey where Diane Arbus used to do her laundry.
-是吗 -那家枪♥械♥专卖♥♥店在中国城
-Oh, yeah? -Oh, that gun store is down in Chinatown.
贝伦妮斯阿博特在三十年代拍的
Berenice Abbott shot it in the ’30s.
真的很耐人寻味
It’s really evocative, you know?
很沉静 不会显得太张狂
Kind of quiet. I like that. It doesn’t make too much noise.
谢了
Thanks.
多点酒 少点虾
Bring more drinks, less shrimp. More.
你又要闪人了 对吧
Where you going? You’re leaving?
-不 我要留下来 -天啊 你真不会说谎
-No, no. I’m staying. I’m staying. -Oh, my God, you’re such a bad liar.
至少我试过了
I know, but I try.
你总得说服他来看一次展览
You have to convince him to come to one of these things.
他总不能一直躲着我们吧 喔 我的天啊
He can’t avoid us forever. Oh, my God.
-你怎么会跑来 -你不爱这女人吗
-What are you doing here? -Don’t you love this woman?
就算爱也能甩掉她
I could take her or leave her. You guys…
-你们这样真的很肉麻耶 -我们得走了
-this stuff, when it starts, it’s disgusting. -I know, we have to go.
-你们太幸福了
-You’re too happy.
-说再见吧 -再见
-Say goodbye. -Bye.
-我恨你们 -我爱你
-I hate you. -I love you.
我真的真的恨你们
I really… I hate you so much.
天啊 外面真好
Oh, God. It’s so pretty out.
我去牵狗 你坐着
Tell you what. I’ll get him. You sit here. Okay?
让我去牵狗
No, let me get him.
-好吧 顺便帮我拿外套 -好
-Okay. Will you get me my jacket too? -Fine.
来 拿去
Here. Take this.
谢谢
Thanks.
嘿
Hey.
我能自己开门
Oh, I can open my own door.
谢谢你
Thank you.
乖狗狗 乖狗狗
Good boy. Good boy.
-嗨 小家伙 -来了
-Hi, puppy! -Here.
你老了也会那么讨厌吗
Are you gonna be that crabby when you get older?
我已经老了 而且更讨厌
I am older. And I’m way meaner.
瞧 她给我一颗苹果耶
Look, she gave me an apple. Here, baby.
-原来她也是人类 -你咬太大口啦
-So she is human. -That was too big a bite.
太大口了 我没说你能吃完
That was too big a bite. I didn’t say you could eat the whole thing.
好消息
You know what?
我能请五天假
I could get about maybe five days
也许能去水边的地方
and we could go to the place with the water and…
享受美食 睡大头觉
find good food and lots of sleeping.
我同意
Yes, I concur.
乖狗狗
Good boy.
别给他 用丢的
Don’t give it to him. Throw it.
-我不是开玩笑 -什么事
-I wasn’t mucking about, you know. -What about?
为什么今晚不能去公♥证♥结婚
Why can’t we go down to city hall tonight?
-因为大家都下班了 -那就明天吧
-Because it’s closed. -Tomorrow, then.
大卫 你有家人 我没有
David, you have a family. I don’t, you know?
-你又不是嫁给我家人 -算是吧
-You’re not marrying my family. -Well, I am, kind of.
我希望是
I mean, I hope I am.
你妈人很好 她要办正式婚礼
Your mom is so sweet and she just… She wants the whole deal, you know?
包括发喜帖
She wants the invitations…
乐团表演和牧师证婚
and the band playing and the minister.
不晓得 也许我也想要吧
I don’t know. Maybe I do too, you know? Because…
这种事我又不是会做两次
it’s not like I’m gonna do this twice.
真的吗
You’re not?
真的
No, I’m not.
这是你说过最贴心的话
That’s the nicest thing you ever said to me.
柯帝士呢
Where’s Curtis?
喂 柯帝士
Oi, Curtis!
来 狗狗