再从头来一次
Okay, one more time from the top.
六拍 好吗
Six beats, all right?
一 二 三 四 一 二…
One, two, three, four. One, two…
爵士春秋
生命是高空走钢索 其余都是等待
To be on the wire is life. The rest is waiting.
这种说法很戏剧化 乔
That’s very theatrical, Joe.
-没错 我知道 -是你编出来的吗
-Yeah, I know. -Did you make it up?
要是我编的就好了
I wish I had.
-你喜欢吗 -喔 还可以
-Do you like it? -Well, it’s all right.
好戏上场了 各位
It’s showtime, folks!
They say the neon lights are bright on Broadway
They say there’s always magic in the air
But when you’re walking down that street
And you ain’t had enough to eat
The glitter rubs right off
And you’re nowhere
They say the women treat you fine
On Broadway
But looking at them
Just gives me the blues
Because how you gonna make some time
When all you’ve got is one thin dime
And one thin dime won’t even shine
Your shoes
They say that I won’t last too long
On Broadway
I’ll catch the Greyhound bus for home
They all say
But they’re dead wrong I know they are
Because I can play this here guitar
And I won’t quit till I’m a star
On Broadway
They say that I won’t last too long
On Broadway
“秋天” 是你的真名吗
“Autumn”. Is that your real name?
是的 先生
Yes, sir.
你确定不要改别的名字
Sure you don’t want to change that?
你若给我这份工作 我就改
Well, if you give me the job, I’ll change it.
But they’re dead wrong I know they are
Because I can play this here guitar
And I won’t quit till I’m a star
“维多利亚·波特”
“Victoria Porter.”
这是你…家里的电♥话♥号♥码
Is this your, uh… your home phone?
Till I’m a star
On Broadway
No no no no no
你演过”绿野仙踪”这部电影
You were in”The Wiz”?
吉德安先生
Mr. Gideon,
我这辈子从没有参与”绿野仙踪”或其他演出
I’ve never been in any show in my life.
我总得在履历表上写些东西
I had to put something.
我很需要这份工作 只好乱写
I really need a job, so I lied.
没关系 我自己也时常说谎
That’s all right. I lie all the time myself.
他♥娘♥的♥ 他从不选我
Oh, fuck him. He never picks me.
我也去他♥娘♥的♥ 他也从不选我
I did fuck him, and he never picks me either.
-你在”大塞车”中演出过 -是的
-You were in Traffic Jam? -Yes, sir.
谁是”大塞车”的导演
Who was the director of Traffic Jam?
-是你 吉德安先生 -我表现如何
-You were, Mr. Gideon. -Oh. How was I?
-非常好 -谁负责编舞
-Terrific. -And who was the choreographer?
-是你 吉德安先生 -我表现的如何
-You were, Mr. Gideon. -How was I?
-棒极了 -想要这份工作就得懂这套
-Fantastic. -That’s how you get a job.
天啊 我希望他不会选她
God! I hope he doesn’t pick her.
她比巫婆还丑
She’s uglier than a witch’s tit.
应该是”比夜叉还丑”
The expression is”colder than a witch’s tit.”
你怎么知道的 你又没看过夜叉 你在乱说
How would you know? You’ve never seen a woman’s tit. You are lying.
嘘 你们俩小声点
Shh! Be quiet, you two.
好了 非常感谢各位 这场试演会大家表现都很好
Okay. Thank you all very much. It was a terrific audition.
请你们留在原位
Just stay in line.
醉鬼就是这副德行
Now, that’s what I call a real drinker’s nose.
你应该很了解 因为你喜欢喝酒 对吧 乔
And you should know, because you’re a real drinker, aren’t you? Joe.
是的
Yeah.
-你也很喜欢吸毒 对不对 -没错
-Also heavy into speed, aren’t you? -Yeah.
你也爱跟一大堆女人鬼混
Also sleep with a great many women.
很倒胃口 对不对
Real turn-off, huh?
刚好相反
Just the opposite.
男生的人选我待会儿再决定
I’ll make up my mind about the men later,
但是我知道我现在要哪些女孩…
but I know which girls I want now…
甘蒂 凯茜 蕊玛 詹妮弗 还有维多利亚·波特
Candy, Casey, Rima, Jennifer, and Victoria Porter.
-穿刺眼粉红色紧身衣的那位 -是的
-In the shocking pink leotard? -Yeah.
还有 看看那些人中有没有人愿意当爵士乐舞者
And see if any are willing to be swing dancers.
-她毫无乐感可言 乔 -有那双美♥腿♥ 谁在乎呢
-She’s tone-deaf, Joey. -With those legs, who cares?
乔 我知道你很赶
Oh, Joey, I know you’re in a hurry.
-但是我想看你的时间表 -跟以前一样
-I just want to check your schedule. -Same as always.
乔 乔 我们能谈一下吗 拜托
Joey? Joey, can we talk a minute, please?
-乔…-你要谈什么
-Joey… -What is it?
-黛安娜怎样 -我又缺女高音了 乔
-What about Diane? -You left me without a soprano again, Joe.
保罗 拜托 能让我来处理吗
Paul, please, please, will you let me handle it?
-黛安娜怎样 -什么黛安娜怎样
-What about Diane? -What about Diane?
我让她参加过三次演出 她都表现非常好
I’ve had her in three shows. She’s wonderful.
她的确表现很好
She’s wonderful.
歌♥喉也好
At least she can sing.
他需要一位女高音
He needs a soprano.
你让我缺女高音了 我必须得有女高音
You left me without a soprano. I gotta have a soprano!
先生们 吉德安先生会做决定
Gentlemen, Mr. Gideon will make up his mind.
舞台右方画蓝眼影的高个儿
The tall dancer on stage right with the blue eye shadow
相信我 他有办法唱高音
believe me, he’ll hit the high notes.
跟莫里说话的那五个女的都是我要的 你觉得如何
The five Murray is talking to are the girls I want. Okay with you?
那个叫维多利亚的高女孩…我喜欢她 爸爸
The tall girl, Victoria… I like her, Daddy.
嗯 她还可以
Mm, she’s all right.
哦 我的婚姻真的被我破坏了
Oh, I really screwed up that marriage.
因为我对老婆不忠实 我只要一有机会就偷♥情♥
Because I cheated. Oh, man, I cheated every chance I could get.
你觉得可以吗 奥黛丽
Okay with you, Audrey?
我没意见 这个周末你和米歇尔要做什么
Sure, fine with me. What about this weekend with Michelle?
天啊 我忘了 这个周末我得工作
Oh, Jesus! I forgot. I gotta work this weekend.
乔 你答应过她的
Oh, Joe, you promised her!
我知道我答应过她 但是我又能如何
I know I promised, but what am I gonna do?
没有关系
That’s okay.
-很抱歉 米歇尔 -没关系
-I’m sorry, Michelle. -That’s okay.
要找我的话 我在剪接室
If you want me, I’ll be in the cutting room.
他答应过我的
He promised me.
这父亲当得真不咋地
Some fucking father!
-家庭 -弄散了
-Family? -Screwed up.
-工作 -我仅存的一切
-Work? -All there is.
若我是上帝…
If I were God, man…
有时我还真觉得自己是上帝…
sometimes I think I am…
全看你吸多少吗♥啡♥
Depends on the shit you’re smoking.
嗯 好
Mm, okay.
若我是上帝…
If I were God, man…
每人都能长生不老
everybody would live forever.
没有死亡
No death, man!
没有人会下葬
No pennies on the eyes for anybody.
有些人该死 譬如说经纪人
Well, there are a couple people, like my agent,
竟然安排我到这个烂地方表演
who booked me into this toilet.
他为什么这么不知所谓
Why is he mumbling like that?
我告诉你他为何会不知所谓
I’ll tell you why he ismumbling like that:
因为我笨才让他这么不知所谓
Because I’m the dummy who let him mumble like that.
对
Right.
生命中有两件事情很难避免
There are two things in life extremely difficult to avoid,
一个是死亡 另一个是性病
death and the clap.
目前为止 我躲过了其中一个
So far I’ve managed to avoid one of them.
死亡现在蛮流行的
You know, man, death is really a hip thing now.
但是我们对它的感触各不相同
But we all have very different feelings about it.
比方说 对于天主教♥徒♥而言 死亡就像是升官晋级
For instance, to a Catholic, death is a promotion.
打扰一下 史黛茜
Excuse me, Stacy.
女人
Women.
呃…
Uh…
希望
hope?
什么死得有尊严真是一堆屁话
There’s all this bullshit about death with dignity.
你知道什么是死得有尊严吗 就是你不再流口水了
You know what death with dignity is? You don’t drool.
应观众要求改变一下节奏 开始
Change-of-pace time. Request. Here we go.
维可·但丁 嘿
Vic O’Dante. Hey!
美貌
Beauty?
-你是个风流男子 -嗯哼
-You’re a flirt. -Mm-hmm.
Death is in death is in
Hear them church bells ring
我爱极了这歌♥
Ah, I love it, I love it, I love it.
书本 杂♥志♥和电视节目
Books, magazine articles, TV shows…
芭比娃娃和肯尼都约好自相残杀