铁血军营
法国
1918年11月
-请求进入 -进来
-Permission to enter? -Come.
其他人呢
Where’s the rest of the company, captain?
你说呢 和大队一起离开了
Where do you think? Moved out with the battalion.
我在这里等你
I’ve been waiting here for you.
-你迟到了 -我迷路了
-You took your time getting back. -I got lost in the smoke.
你的枪到哪去了
What happened to your gun?
你有没有看过被战火吓坏的马
Have you ever seen a shell-shocked horse?
我看过 他把我的枪踩成碎片
He stomped all over me and got my rifle, knocked it to smithereens.
我想马跟人一样 都会被战争逼疯的
Well, I suppose horses have as much right to go crazy in this war as men have.
喔
Oh.
你觉得呢
What do you think?
这是什么
What the hell is it?
“1” 第1步兵队
It’s a “one.” First Infantry Division.
红布条 你说波辛将军会喜欢吗
The Red One. You think General Pershing will like it?
-当然 -我是从那个被我杀死的德军帽子上得到灵感的
-Oh, sure. -Got the idea from a cap of a Hun I killed.
-什么时候 -一个小时前
-When? -Oh, about an hour ago.
他有没有说什么
Did he yell out anything?
还不就是那些话 什么战争结束之类的
Well, the same old kaiser stuff, you know, “The war is over,” all that junk.
-喝完 -长官
-Finish it. -Sir?
喝完
Finish it.
今天早上十一点 已经签定休战协定了
The armistice was signed at 11:00 this morning.
战争已经结束四小时
The war’s been over for four hours.
你不知道战争已经结束了
Well, you didn’t know it was over.
他知道
He did.
25年后 那名死亡德军帽子上的
A quarter of a century later, that piece of red cloth…
红布条闻名全球
from the dead Hun’s hat had become famous all over the world.
他成为第一炮兵团的标志
It was the insignia of the 1st Infantry Division.
即红色大军
The Fighting First, the Big Red One.
北非
1942年11月
24年后 红色大队再度与德军对垒
Twenty-four years later, the Big Red One was fighting the Krauts again.
这次是二次世界大战 我们进攻北非
It was World War II this time. We were invading North Africa.
葛里夫
Hey, Griff.
谢了 士官长
Great! Thanks, sergeant.
我们属于步♥枪♥小队
We were his rifle squad.
我们是16炮兵团I连 第一队第一小队
First Squad, 1st Platoon, I Company, 16th Infantry.
他称我们为他的菜鸟队
He called us his wet-noses.
葛里夫是个神枪手
Griff, he was a hell of a sharpshooter.
强森是个有痣疮的农夫
Johnson was a pig farmer with hemorrhoids.
文奇是爵士乐高手
Vinci was a street kid who played hot jazz on the saxophone,
这是我 我叫柴伯
and that’s me, Zab.
我自认是布朗区的海明威
I thought I was the Hemingway of the Bronx.
你真的是个作家吗
You really a book writer?
-对 -你写了什么书
-Yeah. -What book did you write?
《黑色死亡线》
The Dark Deadline.
没听过 我也没看过
-Never heard of it. -Never read it.
没有出版过 我放在我妈那儿了
It’s an unpublished mystery novel. I left it with my mother.
作家来这里干什么
Why’s a book writer a rifleman?
当然是为了要写战争小说啰
To come out with a war novel, meathead. Why else, huh?
那你呢 葛里夫 想当漫画家吗
What about you, Griff? You gonna be a cartoonist…
-在报社或别的什么地方画画 -嗯
-…for a big newspaper or something? -Mm-hm.
葛里夫 你做什么都用左手吗
Say, Griff. You do everything left-handed?
除了开枪和打手♥枪♥之外
Everything but shoot. And play with my pecker.
小心了 维奇份子
“Watch out, Vichy.
红色大军来了
Here comes the Big Red One.”
维奇
Vichy?
维奇 那不是汽水的名字吗
I always thought Vichy was some kind of soda pop.
不是 维奇是帮希♥特♥勒♥打仗的法国人
No. Vichy’s the French, fighting on Hitler’s side.
所以我们才要戴上这些 免得他们误杀美国人
Yeah, that’s why we’re wearing these so they don’t shoot Americans, huh?
我们散发传♥单♥ 好让他们知道我们来了
We dropped leaflets so they know we’re coming.
如果他们开火 我们就得杀了他们
But if they start a fight, we’ll have to kill them.
我们参战是为了要打德国人 而不是法国人
We were in this war to fight Germans, not Frenchmen.
我们希望他们也有同感
We were kind of hoping they were feeling the same way.
戴上保险套 防止海水侵蚀
Put your rubbers on and keep the salt water out.
谢了 葛里夫
Thanks, Griff.
我打赌 发明保险套的人
I’ll bet the guy that invented these…
从没想到它们会被套在枪上
never figured they’d be used on a rifle.
我泡妞一向没什么运气
I never could screw with them.
-你呢 强森 -我也不行
-How about you, Johnson? -Not me.
阿尔吉利亚海边的法国♥军♥队 看了我们的传♥单♥
Over on the Algerian beach, French soldiers were reading our leaflets…
也开始对这场战争的意义 产生怀疑
and also wondering if they were gonna fight.
上校若不相信这个 就太笨了
The colonel is stupid not to believe these leaflets.
我们这些人都没有用
We are no good. You, me, all of us here.
为了军事独♥裁♥者 保卫这片荒凉的海边
Defending this miserable Algerian beach for Marshal Pétain and Adolf Hitler.
我不能对美国人开火
I can’t kill an American.
你在船上可以听到四件事
There were four things you could hear on the boat:
海浪声 引擎声
The waves, the engines…
偶尔传来的几句祷告
an occasional muffled prayer…
还有50个人同时呕吐的声音
and the sound of 50 guys all heaving their guts out.
法国♥军♥队 不要开火 我们是美国人 不要开火
French troops, don’t shoot. We are Americans.
我们是来打希♥特♥勒♥ 不是打你们 不要开火
Don’t shoot. We come to fight Hitler, not to fight with you. Don’t shoot.
停火
Hold your fire!
-什么事 上校 -开火
-Yes, colonel. -Open fire.
我不打美国人
Not on Americans.
救护兵…
Medic! Medic!
杀了他们 葛里夫
Nail him, Griff!
你怎么没打中
How the hell could you miss him?
他简直近的就像在眼前
Hell, he was close enough to kiss on both cheeks.
你怎么回事 我从没看你失手过
What the hell’s the matter with you? I never saw you miss.
救护兵 过来
Medic! Over here.
16步兵团 停火
Sixteenth Infantry, hold your fire!
美国人 我是查皮队长
Americans, this is Captain Chapter.
托维尔将军死了
General Tavernier is dead.
美国人 我们向你投降
Americans! I surrender my troops to your hands.
法国人 我们不接受你们的投降
Frenchmen, we do not accept your surrender.
你们只能对敌人投降
You surrender only to the enemy.
如果你们是维奇份子 就继续战斗
If you’re Vichy, fight us.
如果是法国人 就加入我们
If you’re Frenchmen, join us!
我们全都趾高气昂
We were feeling cocky as hell.
除了葛里夫之外
Except Griff.
他在战场上吓呆了
In the middle of the battle, he froze.
葛里夫大受打击
It got to Griff.
他不愿意加入我们
He kept away from the rest of us.
没有人愿意使用懦夫这个字 至少到目前为止还没有
Nobody wanted to use the word “coward,” not yet.
我们为什么没有向内陆推进
How come we’re not pushing inland?
局势由红色大队主导 别忘了带疟疾药丸
Red Company’s carrying the ball. Take your malaria pills.
不晓得他们用什么方法 让你在战争中兴奋不起来
I wonder what they gave you in the other war not to get a hard-on?
就是你现在吃的那些东西 里面都含有硝石
The same stuff you’re wolfing down now. It has saltpeter.
葛里夫回来了
Griff’s back.
我没有办法谋杀任何人
I can’t murder anybody.
我们这不是谋杀 是杀人
We don’t murder, we kill.
那还不是一样
It’s the same thing.
还不是 葛里夫
The hell it is, Griff.
你不谋杀禽兽 你只杀他们
You don’t murder animals, you kill them.
事实上 我们之中没有人 了解这场战争的意义
The truth is, none of us had the faintest idea what war was all about.
我们到目前为止尚未遭遇德军
We hadn’t met the Krauts yet.
连络中心受到美军的攻击
Communications Center caught an American bomb.
这些菜鸟找到一部留声机 和一张完整的唱片
These wet-noses found the phonograph and one record undamaged.
你看这些人的表情
Look at the faces of these puppies, Schroeder.
他们认为何瑞斯的歌♥是神圣的
They think the Horst Wessel song is so…
何瑞斯不过是个皮条客 当然介绍你这种娃娃脸给希♥特♥勒♥
Horst Wessel was a pimp who supplied Hitler with baby faces like you.
他的柏林和人打架死了
He was killed in a brawl, over a whore in Berlin.
没想到一个皮条客写的诗 居然成为纳粹党的圣歌♥
A poem by a pimp became the hymn of Hitler’s party.
对吧
Is that right, Schroeder?
你不想破坏这些菜鸟的梦想 是吧
Don’t want to disillusion these infants, huh?
你越来越软弱了
You’re getting soft.
舒德以前很强悍的
Schroeder used to be tough.
我亲眼看到他在利比亚谋杀了一名德国♥军♥官
In Libya, I saw him murder a German officer.
我不是谋杀他
I didn’t murder him, Gerd, I killed him…
我在他和英军打仗逃跑时杀了他