你们经历过这样的夜晚吗
Ever had one of those nights
开始的时候平平常常
that starts out like any other,
后来却永生难忘
but ends up being the best night of your life?
大家坐好了吗 我们要开始了
Are you sitting comfortably? Then we’ll begin.
那是1990年6月22日 我们毕业的前一天
It was June the 22nd, 1990, our final day of school.
有奥利弗·钱伯莱恩 皮特·佩奇
There was Oliver Chamberlain, Peter Page,
史蒂文·普林斯 安迪·奈特利 和我
Steven Prince, Andy Knightley and me.
我们叫我老金 因为我的名字是加里·金
They called me The King. Because my name’s Gary King.
奥利挺有意思
Ollie was funny,
他自以为风流倜傥 但其实只会耍嘴皮子
he fancied himself as a bit of a player, but really, he was all mouth.
我们叫他圈仔
We called him O-Man
因为他额头上有个”6″形状的胎记
because he had a birthmark on his forehead that looked like a six.
他喜欢那个胎记
He loved it.
皮特是我们的老幺
Pete was the baby of the group.
他不是我们常一起混的那种孩子
He wasn’t the kind of kid we’d usually hang out with,
但是他很搞笑
but he was good for a laugh.
而且他是个土豪
And he was absolutely minted.
史蒂文很酷 我们一起厮混 一起追女孩子
Steve was a pretty cool guy. We jammed together, chased the girls.
我觉得他把我看做对手 但我们关系很好
I think he saw us as rivals. Sweet, really.
还有安迪 他是我的左膀右臂
And Andy. Andy was my wingman.
他是我最信任的人
The one guy I could rely on to back me up.
他爱我 而我也爱他 我没开玩笑
He loved me, and I’m not being funny, but I loved him, too.
学校里的一切我们都毫不留恋
There was nothing we were gonna miss about school.
或许有点舍不得谢菲尔德老师
Maybe Mr. Shepherd.
他确实是个好人
He was definitely one of the good guys.
他曾经问过我以后有什么打算
He used to ask me what I wanted to do with my life,
我告诉他 我只想找点乐子
I told him I just wanted to have a good time.
他说我们不正经 但其实不然
He thought that was funny. It wasn’t meant to be.
最起码那晚我们很认真
Not that night.
纽顿海文是我们的家乡 我们的游乐场 我们的宇宙
Newton Haven was our hometown. Our playground, our universe.
而在那一晚 那里是传奇探险的发生地
And that night it was the site of a heroic quest.
目标 完成豪饮马拉松
The aim? To conquer The Golden Mile.
十二家酒馆组成了我们的纵情畅饮之旅
Twelve pubs along a legendary path of alcoholic indulgence.
它们是一号♥邮局 老相识
There was The First Post, The Old Familiar,
闻名雄鸡 交叉之手 好伙伴
The Famous Cock, The Cross Hands, The Good Companions,
忠仆 双头狗 美人鱼 蜂窝
The Trusty Servant, The Two Headed Dog, The Mermaid, The Beehive,
国王之颅 墙洞…
The King’s Head, The Hole in the Wall…
但我们最终的目的地是 世界的尽头
All before reaching our destiny, The World’s End.
我们开着我的车进了城
We took my car into town.
我管它叫野兽 因为它真的很猛
I called it The Beast because she was pretty hairy.
我们的长大成人之旅由此开始
And so, our journey into manhood began.
我们出发了 把握好每一寸光阴
We were off. We didn’t waste any time.
我们去了酒吧 大喝一场
We hit pub one and we hit it hard.
我们醉了 我们笑了 我们针锋相对
There was drinking, there was fun, there was controversy,
有小妞 有烈酒 有好戏看
there were ladies, there were shots, there was drama,
当然了 最重要的还是有酒喝
and of course, there was drinking.
喝到第五家 我们觉得自己天下无敌
By pub five, we were feeling invincible
于是决定从那个叫绿圣人的人那里
and decided to purchase some herbal refreshment
买♥♥点带劲的草本物质
from a man we called The Reverend Green.
喝到第六杯 圈仔不省人事 于是我们扔下他继续走
Pint six put O-Man out of commission, so we carried on without him.
幸好如此 在下一间酒吧我遇到了他妹妹
Good thing, I bumped into his sister in the next pub,
我们躲进残障洗手间 我又上了她一次
we went into the disableds and I bumped into her again.
山姆跟着我们了一会儿 但是我得甩掉她
Sam tagged along for a while, but then I had to let her go.
因为晚上我和安博尔还有个约会
I had another date that night and her name was Amber.
喝到第九杯 我们开始与世界为敌
Nine pints in and it was us against the world.
在蜂窝 事情有点大条
Things got mental in The Beehive,
但我们在保龄球俱乐部弥补了回来
so we repaired to the bowls club
我们喜欢叫它烟屋 那里的一切都很疯狂
or as we liked to call it, The Smokehouse, which is when it all went fuck up.
每个人都迷迷糊糊 皮特吸得脸发白
Everyone got para and Pete chucked a whitey,
所以我们让他留下休息
so we had to bench him.
最后 我们喝过了最后三家酒馆 开始向山上进发
In the end, we blew off the last three pubs and headed for the hills.
我记得坐在那里
I remember sitting up there,
我的指节还在流血
blood on my knuckles,
衣服上洒满啤酒 鞋子上沾着呕吐物
beer down my shirt, sick on my shoes,
看着黎明的太阳冲破地平线
seeing the orange glow of a new dawn break
我心里明白 生活再也不会像这一刻这样美妙
and knowing in my heart, life would never feel this good again.
知道吗
And you know what?
确实如此
It never did.
谢谢 加里 非常有启发性
Thank you, Gary. That was very enlightening.
还有人想说点什么吗 或是问加里个问题
Would anyone like to add anything or maybe challenge Gary?
你失望了吗
Are you disappointed?
-失望什么 -你们最终没有到达世界的尽头
-About what? -That you didn’t make it to The World’s End?
不
No.
你们到底想要什么
Just what is it that you want to do?
我们想要自♥由♥
We want to be free!
我们想要为所欲为
We want to be free to do what we want to do!
我们想喝醉 想玩个痛快
And we want to get loaded. And we want to have a good time,
我们就是这样
And that’s what we’re going to do.
想要玩个痛快
We’re going to have a good time.
我们要举办一场派对
We’re going to have a party.
世界的尽头
你们到底想要做什么
Just what is it that you want to do?
我们想喝醉 想要玩个痛快
And we want to get loaded. And we want to have a good time,
-它真美 -但它不是野兽
-She’s a beauty. -Yeah, but she’s no Beast.
你好 皮特
Hello, Peter.
天啊 加里
Jesus! Gary?
永远的老金
The once and future King.
今天早上是你在我家外面晃吗
Were you outside my house this morning?
不是
No.
我敢肯定我看到你在我家门口的大街上
I could have sworn I saw you on my street.
我从来没去过毕肖普花♥园♥
I’ve never been to Bishop’s Gardens.
你还好吗 哥们
How you doing, man?
-还好 你呢 -我很好
-I’m well. You? -Yeah, never better.
-她怎么样…-你说维尼萨
-How is, uh… -Vanessa?
-不 我说的是你妻子 -她叫维尼萨
-No. Your wife? -Vanessa.
-好吧 她怎么样 -她很好
-Yeah. How’s she? -She’s good.
-你们上♥床♥了吗 -我们都有两个孩子了
-Have you had sex yet? -We have two children.
上了两次 你这个大色狼
Ooh, twice. Get you, fuck machine.
我们一点没变 是吧
We haven’t changed, have we?
他来这里干嘛
What is he doing here?
没事的 爸爸
It’s all right, Dad. We’re fine.
嗨 P叔
Hi, Mr. P.
加里 有什么能帮你的吗
So, Gary, how can I help you?
-你老爹还挺精神 -你要买♥♥车
-He looks well. -Are you looking to buy a car?
不是 我们已经很接近尽头了
Uh… No. I’m afraid the end is nigh.
-什么 -世界的尽头
-What? -The World’s End.
什么意思
What do you mean?
你懂我的意思的 一晚上 五个人 喝遍十二家酒吧
You know what I mean. One night. Five guys. Twelve pubs.
让酒瓶飞一会
Let battle commence.
你还想再来一次
You want to try that again?
这难道这不是你一直梦寐以求的吗
Yeah, isn’t that something you’ve always wanted?
-不是 -听着 皮特
-Not particularly. No. -Look. Peter.
那时我们没有成功
We didn’t make it before,
但这次我们一定要到达尽头
but this time, we’re gonna see it through to the bitter end.
一探究竟
Or lager end.
-我们 -对 所有人
-We? -Yeah, the whole gang.
-安迪也去 -安迪为什么不去
-Even Andy? -Why wouldn’t Andy be coming?
-我以为那场事故之后…-没那回事 他来的
-Well, I thought that after the accident… -Notan issue. He’s in.
我们只想知道 你来不来
What we wanna know is are you?
我得问一下维尼萨
I’d have to check with Vanessa.
-维尼萨是谁 -我太太
-Who’s Vanessa? -My wife.
从什么时候开始你听老婆的话了
Since when have you had to check with your wife?
从我们结婚开始
Since we got married.
别这样 哥们 你不怀念那些日子吗
Oh, come on, man, don’t you miss it?
欢笑 兴奋 打架
The laughs, the camaraderie, the fights,
醉得好像脑袋要炸掉一样
the hangovers so fierce it feels like your head is full of ants.
前两个比较怀念
Maybe the first two.
好了 你的新号♥码是什么
It begins. What’s your new number?
我十年来一直用的那个号♥码啊
Same one I’ve had for 10 years.
是啊 号♥码是什么
Yeah. What’s that one?
这一排房♥子