我原以为婚礼只是一件简单的事情
I used to think a wedding was a simple affair.
男孩和女孩约会 彼此相爱 男孩买♥♥戒指
Boy and girl meet. They fall in love. He buys a ring.
女孩买♥♥婚纱 他们说 我愿意
She buys a dress. They say, “I do.”
结果我错了 那只是结婚
I was wrong. That’s getting married.
婚礼是完全不同的概念
A wedding is an entirely different proposition.
我知道 我刚经历过一次婚礼
I know. I’ve just been through one.
不是我的 而是我女儿
Not my own, my daughter’s
安妮·班克斯 麦肯兹的
Annie Banks MacKenzie.
麦肯兹是她的婚名
That’s her married name MacKenzie.
老实说吧
I’ll be honest with you.
十七年前我买♥♥下这栋房♥子时的价格
When I bought this house 17 years ago, it cost less than this blessed event…
还没这次婚礼的花费多
in which Annie Banks became Annie Banks-MacKenzie.
别人说总有一天我会带着喜爱和怀旧之情
I’m told that one day I’ll look back on all this…
来回顾这所有的一切
with great affection and nostalgia.
但愿如此
I hope so.
你们做父亲的会了解的
You fathers will understand.
你有一个小女孩
You have a little girl…
可爱而且喜爱你的小女孩
an adorable little girl who looks up to you…
喜爱你的方式你可能难以想象到
and adores you in a way you could never have imagined.
我记得她常常喜欢将她的小手放在我的手心
I remember how her little hand used to fit inside mine…
常常喜欢坐在我的大腿上 依偎在我的胸前
how she used to lover to sit on my lap and lean her head against my chest.
她说我是她的英雄
She said I was her hero.
突然有一天她想要去穿耳洞
Then the day comes when she wants to get her ears pierced…
要我把她送到电影院的前一个街区
and wants you to drop her off a block before the movie theater.
接下来的你也知道了 她抹眼影膏 穿高跟鞋
Next thing you know, she’s wearing eye shadow and high heels.
从那一刻起 你会感到持续不断的惊慌
From that moment on you’re in a constant state of panic.
你担心她和一些不好的家伙出去
You worry about her going out with the wrong kind of guys…
这些家伙只想得到一样东西
the kind of guys who only want one thing.
你绝对知道它是什么
And you know exactly what that one thing is…
因为你在他们那个年纪时也想得到同样的东西
because it’s the same thing you wanted when you were their age.
当她长大点过后
Then she gets a little older…
你不是担心她碰到坏人
and you quit worrying about her meeting the wrong guy…
而是担心她遇到心仪的人
and you worry about her meeting the right guy.
那是最恐怖的事情 因为
And that’s the biggest fear of all because…
你将会失去她
then you lose her.
当你意识到这点之前 你穿着粘着米粒的晚礼服
And before you know it, you’re sitting all alone in a big, empty house…
独自坐在一个大的
wearing rice on your tux,
空荡荡的房♥子里 想知道你的生活怎么了
wondering what happened to your life.
仅仅六个月前 这样的事情发生了
It was just six months ago that it happened here.
仅仅六个月前 暴风雨来时
Just six months ago that the storm broke.
在过去的一个学期里
Annie had been studying for her masters in architecture…
安妮一直在罗马攻读建筑学硕士学位
for the past semester in Rome.
我记得当时我在工作 正穿过工厂
I remember I was at work, walking through the factory.
我开了家叫做”伙伴”的公♥司♥ 制♥造♥运动鞋
I own a company called Sidekicks. We manufacture athletic shoes.
不管怎样 我记得我那天是多么的全神贯注
Anyway, I remember how preoccupied I was that day.
-对不起 班克斯先生 -我的错 格丽斯
-I’m sorry, Mr Banks. -My fault, Grace.
安妮从没有离家那么远 她应该随时会到家的
Annie had never been that far away from home, and she was due back any minute.
我等不及要见她了
I couldn’t wait to see the kid.
乔治 她下飞机了
George, she landed.
我女儿在国外学习 坐了11个小时的飞机
My daughter has been studying abroad, been flying for 11 hours.
我并不是担心她在天上 你也有孩子 胡安
I’m not wild about her being in the air. You have kids, Juan.
你应该理解 他们在地上会更好些
You understand. It’s-It’s better when they’re on the ground.
我一直都是个关怀备至的父亲
I’ve always been a concerned parent.
我在车座上 安全带
I’m big on car seats,
就寝时间 晚钟声 时都很紧张
seat belts, bedtimes, curfews…
到达某个地方的时候我会打电♥话♥ 跑步时绝不带锋利的物品
calling when you get somewhere, never running with a sharp object.
-嗨 乔治 -怎么说呢 我只是一个父亲
-Hi, George. -What can I say? I’m a father.
-担心跟着地域而生 -尼娜在飞机场那接她吗
-Worrying comes with the territory. -Is Nina picking her up at the airport?
-嗯 -你准备去见她们吗
-Yeah. -And you’re gonna meet them?
嗯 嗯 我马上回家
Yeah. Yeah, I’m going home right now.
我 嗯 我的钥匙在
I, uh… My keys are…
-在这 -噢 耶 不好意思
-Here. -Oh, yeah. Sorry.
-这个签字 -好的
-And sign this. -Okay.
-帽子 -好的 谢谢 现在 噢
-Hat. -Okay, thanks. Now… Oh!
-好了 再见 -带她过来啊
-Okay. Bye. -Bring her by.
我提前下班是因为我得为
I left work early because I had a little something
安妮回家准备一点东西
to pick up for Annie’s homecoming.
我们住在加利福利亚州南部一个叫做圣马瑞诺的小镇里
We live in a small town in Southern California called San Marino.
我喜欢这个镇 不只是因为这个地方
I love this town, and not just because it’s the kind of place…
人们还互相微笑
where people still smile at each other…
再见
Bye.
还因为这个地方在过去的25年里没有什么变化
but because it hasn’t changed much in the past 25 years.
由于我不是一个喜欢改变的人
And since I’m not a guy who’s big on change,
这个镇子就像手套一样适合我
this town fits me like a glove.
我把安妮的十速自行车洗干净而且擦亮
I got Annie’s ten-speed all cleaned up and polished.
新的座位 新的轮胎 我都等不及要展示给她看了
New seats, new tyres. I couldn’t wait to show it to her.
这是我们的房♥子 枫车道24号♥
This is our house. 24 Maple Drive.
我们买♥♥它的时候 安妮还在上文法学校
Annie was just in grammar school when we bought it.
几年之后 我们得到了一个令人惊喜地包裹
A few years later, we got a surprise package…
我们的儿子马蒂
our son Matt.
我喜欢这房♥子 我喜欢教孩子们
I love this house. I love that I taught my kids…
在车道上骑自行车
to ride their bikes in the driveway.
我喜欢在后院的帐篷里和他们一块睡觉
I love that I slept with them in tents in the backyard.
我喜欢在院子前面的树上刻下我们名字的首字母
I love that we carved our initials in the tree out front.
这房♥子冬暖夏凉
This house is warm in the winter, cool in the summer…
装上圣诞灯时看起来非常引人入胜
and looks spectacular with Christmas lights.
这是座伟大的房♥子 我绝不会搬走
It’s a great house, and I never want to move.
其实我最喜欢这家的原因是
But the think I think I like best about this house…
我走进门时听到的声音
are the voices I hear when I walk through the door.
-嘿 嗨 -这么早就出去了 -嗨
-Hey. Hi. -You got out early. -Hi.
-她在哪 -噢 她在 嗯 拆包裹呢
-Where is she? -Oh, she’s, uh, unpacking.
她看起来 看起来那么令人难以置信
She looks… She looks so fabulous, just fabulous. Different.
难以置信 与众不同
just fabulous. Different.
-管它呢 她也等不及见你 -与众不同
-Anyway, she can’t wait to see you. -Different.
-你好 爸爸 -嘿
-Ciao, Papa. -Hey.
安妮给我从罗马远道带来的这个糖果棒
Annie brought me this candy bar all the way from Rome.
别弄到我们的美国家具上了
Let’s not get it on our American furniture.
马蒂 最好的陀螺
Matty. The high tops.
-嘿 谢谢 -嘿 别客气
-Hey, grazie. -Hey, you’re welcome.
-你说的与众不同是啥意思 -噢
-What do you mean, different? -Oh.
-安妮 -嗨 爸爸
-Annie. -Hi, Dad.
嘿 嘿 嘿
Hey, hey, hey!
-天啊 我好想你 -你看起来容光焕发
-God, I missed you. -You look all lit up inside.
噢 我也感到容光焕发
Oh, I feel all lit up inside.
亲爱的 也许我们也该去罗马过几个月
Maybe we should go to Rome for a few months, honey.
噢 你们会喜欢罗马的
Oh, you two would love it.
它是地球上最浪漫的地方
It’s the most romantic place on Earth.
你的香水闻起来也相当好
You smell pretty good too.
噢 你喜欢吗 这是别人送的
Oh, you like it? It was a present.
难道她看起来不令人难以置信吗 我几乎都认不出她了
Doesn’t she look incredible? I almost didn’t recognize her.
来吧 正餐已经准备好了 亲爱的 过来吃吗
Come on. Dinner’s on the stove. Honey, you wanna come?
噢 妈 我在佛罗伦萨吃过这种意大利面食
Oh, Mom, I had this pasta in Florence.
我忘了它叫什么了
I forget what it’s called.
好啦 既然我们现在欢聚一堂
All right. Now that we’re all back under one roof…
有些重要的事情我们要讨论一下
we have some very important items to discuss.
第一件事 谁想看周四湖人队的比赛
First on the list: Who wants to go to the Laker game on Thursday?
-噢 -我 当然要去
-Oh. -Me. Definitely yes.
好 带上你那紧凑的日程表
Okay, and with your busy schedule too.
亲爱的 我去不了 那晚我要去列货物清单
Honey, I can’t. I have inventory to do that night.
-喔 -噢 星期三 当然要去
-Aw. -Uh, Thursday, sure. Absolutely.
-好的 -马蒂 你能用餐叉吃吗
-Okay. -Matty, could you use your fork?
第二条 保罗·西蒙将要来广场
Number two: Paul Simon is coming to the Forum…
我想我能弄到座位
and I think I can get us great seats.
呣 耶 好的
Um, yeah, sure.
好的 保罗·西蒙的回答是”呣 耶 好的”
All right. Paul Simon’s an “um, yeah, sure…”
我认为能翻译成”是”吗
which I believe translates to a yes?
-好的 我呆会给那人打个电♥话♥ -嗯 亲爱的
-All right. I’ll call that guy. -Um, honey?
能帮我把冰箱里的那瓶葡萄酒拿来吗
Could you please get that bottle of wine in the fridge for me?
-当然 -爸 等等 呃 我不知道
-Sure. -Dad, wait. Um, I don’t know.
-你不想见保罗·西蒙 -不 我想 只是 呃
-You don’t want to see Paul Simon? -No, I-I do. It’s just, um…