请停车
Stall, please.
女士们 先生们
Ladies and gentlemen…
大家请注意了
with your kind attention and permission…
本人很荣幸向你们介绍这位
I have the honor of presenting to you…
世界的杰出艺人
one of the most remarkable men in the world.
-怎么样杰出法 -他在冒汗
– How remarkable? – He’s sweating.
你们对这都感到惊奇吗 先生们
Can you be surprised at that, gentlemen?
他每天过目五十种新知
Every day he commits to memory 50 new facts…
全部都能背下
and remembers every one of them.
不论历史 地理或是报章杂♥志♥
Facts from history, from geography, from newspapers…
以及无数的科学书籍
from scientific books, millions and millions of them.
他以能说善道的口才表达学识
Think of the strain involved by his prodigious feat.
口才一定比你好
His feet ain’t half as big as yours, cully.
我指的是他的背书口才
I’m referring to his feats of memory.
请考考他
Test him, please.
女士们先生们 你们可以发问了
Ladies and gentlemen, ask him your questions…
他会全面地回答你们的问题的
and he will answer you, fully and freely.
麦默利先生
Mr. Memory.
我还要加一点 各位 在他去世后
I also add, ladies and gentlemen, before retiring…
他将会把他的大脑献给英国博物馆
that Mr. Memory has left his brain to the British Museum.
请快点发问
Hurray!
请问第一个问题 女士优先
A question, please. Ladies first.
上周六以后 我老公跑到哪儿去了
Where’s my old man been since last Saturday?
-喝酒去了 -入狱了
– On the booze! – In quod!
和情人约会去了
Out with his bit!
拜托 问点正经问题
A serious question, please.
1921年的赛马冠军是谁
What won the Derby in 1921?
是杰克先生的”幽默大♥师♥”
Mr. Jack Jool’s Humorist
骑师是史蒂芬
with Steve Donoghue up.
领先六分之一个马位
Won by a length at odds 6 to 1.
第二第三名则是克雷艾伦和列文诺拉
Second and third: Craig-an-Eran and Lemonora.
-我说的对吗 -没错
– Am I right, sir? – Right.
1936年是谁获胜
What won in 1936?
你明年再来 我会告诉你的
Come back in 1937, and I’ll tell you.
温尼伯距离蒙特利尔多远
How far is Winnipeg from Montreal?
1926年的杯冠军是谁
What won the Cup in 1926?
杯 足球杯还是茶杯
Cup? Waterloo, football or tea.
指的当然是足球 傻瓜
Football, silly.
切尔西什么时候独♥立♥
When did Chelsea win it?
公元前63年尼禄统治的时期
63 B.C. in the presence of Nero.
是什么引发了鸡瘟
What causes pip in poultry?
别把自己弄得太俗气了
Don’t make yourself so common.
我们的观众需要这个 不是吗
Our fowls have it, haven’t they?
米克米勒赢了几场赛跑比赛
How many races did Mick the Miller win?
梅尔·维斯特多大了
How old is Mae West?
克里彭什么时候被绞死的
When was Crippen hanged?
英国最后一位世界重量级拳王是谁
Who was the last British heavyweight champion of the world?
-亨利八世 -我老婆
– Henry Vlll! – My old woman!
是鲍勃·史蒂芬 他在1♥8♥9♥7年10月
Bob Fitzsimmons. He defeated Jim Corbett…
在美国内华达州考斯市
heavyweight champion of America at Carson City, Nevada…
打败了美国重量级冠军吉姆科比
in October, 1♥8♥9♥7.
当年34岁 我说的对吗
He was 34 years of age. Am I right, sir?
梅尔维斯特多大了
How old is Mae West?
我知道 但我从不说出女士的年龄
I know, sir, but I never tell a lady’s age.
有请下一位
Next, please.
是什么引发了鸡瘟
What causes pip in poultry?
温尼伯距离蒙特利尔多远
How far is Winnipeg from Montreal?
温尼小姐是谁
Miss Winnie Who, sir?
温尼伯距离蒙特利尔多远
How far is Winnipeg from Montreal?
来自加拿大的先生 欢迎你的到来
A gentleman from Canada. You’re welcome, sir.
温尼伯是加拿大第三大城市
Winnipeg, the third city of Canada
也是曼尼托伯省的省会
and the capital of Manitoba.
距蒙特利尔1454英里
Distance from Montreal: 1,424 miles.
-对吗 -非常正确
– Am I right? – Quite right.
梅尔维斯特多少岁了
How old’s Mae West?
梅尔维斯特多少岁了
How old’s Mae West?
嘿 你
Hey, you!
梅尔维斯特多大了
How old’s Mae West?
先生 这不是在你的家里
Gentlemen! Please, you’re not at home!
嘿 你
Hey, you!
是什么引发了
What causes pip in…
引发了
causes pip in po… po…
好了 好了
Hey, come on!
看在上帝的份上 随便演奏点别的
For God’s sake, play something!
别让他们乱跑
Stop them from running!
我们出来了
Here we are.
可以跟你回家吗
May I come home with you?
为什么
What’s the idea?
我喜欢
I’d like to.
真是拿你没办法 走吧 巴士来了
It’s your funeral. Come on, there’s a bus.
波特兰大厦
你不是常住在这儿吧
You don’t stay here always?
不 我租的是有家具的公♥寓♥
No, I’ve taken a furnished flat.
我从加拿大来这儿只待了几个月
I’m only here from Canada for a few months.
对了 我能知道你叫什么名字吗
By the way, am I allowed to know your name?
-史密斯 -好的
– Smith. – All right.
想更了解我吗
Do you want to know more about me?
猜猜我从事哪一行
What do you think I do for a living?
-演员吗 -不是你所想的那样
– Actress? – Not in the way you mean.
-歌♥唱家 -不是
– Chorus? – No.
-抱歉 -我是自♥由♥职业
– I’m sorry. – I’m a freelance.
-很冒险 对吗 -没错
– Out for adventure, eh? – That’s right.
这里 我的房♥间很乱
This way. My sitting room is all upset.
还没有装♥修♥好 我来开灯
I haven’t decorated. I’ll find the switch.
先别开
Not yet.
好了
Now.
汉纳先生
Mr. Hannay,
麻烦你把镜子那面对墙好吗
would you be kind and turn that mirror to the wall?
如果有窗帘就更好了
You’d be happier if there were curtains over those windows.
-没错 -很抱歉没有
– Yes. – I’m sorry.
电♥话♥响了 失陪一下
There’s the telephone. Just a minute.
-汉纳先生 别椄电♥话♥ -为什么
– Don’t answer the telephone. – Why not?
可能是找我的 求你别椄
Because I think it’s for me. Please don’t answer.
听你的
Just as you say.
-你不坐吗 -请把那个凳子踢过来
– Won’t you sit down? – Would you kick that footstool to me?
你很需要酒
You needed that.
没错 谢谢
I did. Thank you.
-我该向你解释 -别担心
– I owe you an explanation. – Don’t bother about me.
-我不会介意的 -我们不能在这儿谈
– I’m nobody. – We cannot talk here.
好吧
All right.
等一下
Just a minute.
好了吗
Okay?
-抽烟吗 -不 谢谢
– Cigarette? – No, thank you.
-又打来了-别管它
– There’s our friend again. – Take no notice.
要你弄点吃的
Would you think me very troublesome
你不介意吧
if I asked for something to eat?
-我一整天没吃东西了 -当然不会
– I’ve had nothing all day. – Sure.
-喜欢吃鱿鱼吗 -好的 谢谢
– You like haddock? – Yes, please.
你是不是真的叫史密斯
I suppose your name isn’t really Smith.
这看情形而定
It depends on where I am.
你可以叫我安娜贝拉
You may call me Annabella.
安娜贝拉·史密斯
Annabella Smith.
明天又叫别的了
A clergyman’s daughter, I presume.
别紧张了 刚才的的枪声吓倒你了吧
Hello. Nervy? Upset by those shots tonight?
是我开的枪
I fired those shots.
-你什么 -没做 为了制♥造♥混乱
– You what? – Yes, to create a diversion.
让我趁乱离开戏院
I had to get away from that theater quickly.
又两个人想追杀我
There were two men there who wanted to kill me.
选男友
You should be more careful
要小心点才是
in choosing your gentlemen friends.
-你不明白的 -你真让我头疼啊

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!