不用担心
Don’t worry about it.
我第一天干活的时候
On– on my first day,
就把他们在课上教的东西全忘了
I forgot everything that they taught me in those classes.
-真的吗 -是啊
-Really? -Yeah.
第一天总会有点棘手
I mean, day one’s always a little tough.
你也知道 不管当时训练进行如何
It’s like, you know, no matter how the training goes,
最后总会有无法预料的情况
there’s– there’s always room for something
会出漏子
that’s just totally unpredictable.
对了
Oh, I–
要是你准备好的话 我有个相当好的故事讲给你听
I’ve got a pretty good story for you if you’re ready for it.
-好啊 -早上好
-OK. -Hey, what’s up?
-早上好 -你们见过面了么
-Hey. -Did you guys meet?
还没呢 我是奈特
No. Nate.
你好
Hi.
-你好 -我是杰西卡
-Hey! -Jessica.
好啦 都听我讲
OK, listen up.
当时我是第一周来上班 还是负责看门的
So it’s like my first week on the job, and I’m at gate duty, right?
什么是看门的
What’s that?
如果有孩子想要离开 按法律来说我们并不能阻止
If a kid wants to leave, legally we can’t stop them,
所以我们安排人在门口守着尝试劝阻他们
so we put someone at the gate to try and talk them out of it.
-你来得可真快 -那还用说
-Whoa, you got here quick. -I did.
-早上好 -你好
-Good morning. -Hi.
奈特 这是格蕾丝 她是你的新上司
Nate, this is Grace. She’s your new boss.
-你好 -你好
-Hello. -Hey.
-认识你很高兴 -认识你很高兴
-Hi, nice to meet you. -Nice to meet you.
我要是你就不会戴那条领带
I would lose the tie if I were you.
而且如果你在听梅森讲故事的话
And if you’re listening to a story of Mason’s,
可要注意他基本都是在胡说八道
understand that there’s very little reality in it.
别败了大伙的兴头好么
Hey, don’t piss in the water before we put our toes in.
事实上这听起来还蛮中肯的
It actually feels pretty mellow.
好啦 所以作为我美妙的新上司
OK, so Grace, my wonderful new boss at the time,
格蕾丝当时就安排我看了三小时的门
she leaves me at my gate duty
期间还一次厕所都不给我上
for like three hours without a bathroom break.
何况我当时还吃了他们这做的玉米饼
And I’m dying because I ate the tacos
肚子疼得都快挂了
that they serve here,
而且她还没告诉我那些玉米饼是出了名的泻药
and she failed to tell me that they’re a known laxative.
然后一个比我还高一英寸 体型高大的
So this kid, 16 years old, this big fuckin’ intimidating dude,
十六岁男孩朝着我走来
he’s like a foot taller than me.
大摇大摆地就走出了门口
He walks up and he just cruises out the gate.
那才是我第二天上班 所以根本不知道发生了什么事情
It’s my second day, so I don’t know what the hell is going on.
不过格蕾丝当时就站在那眼睁睁地就让他走掉了
But Grace, she’s standing right there, and she just lets it happen.
就听他瞎说吧
Whatever.
反正当时我就看到梅森就在那儿默默坐着
What I saw was Mason just sitting there
而韦斯利正从门的另外一侧对我微笑
and Wesley smiling at me from the opposite side of the gate
他也知道我们没有办法干涉他
because he knows that we can’t touch him.
为什么呢
Why not?
他们一旦出了大门我们就没法管他们了
Once they’re a foot outside the gate, we can’t touch them.
所以格蕾丝就叫我去跟着他 我照着指示跟了几个小时
So Grace tells me to follow him, so I do for hours,
跟在他身后大概两三米
just walking eight feet behind him.
最后他上了一辆公交车 我也跟着上去
Eventually he gets on this bus, so I get on the bus too.
这时候我大脑一片空白 唯一能想到的是
And at this point I can’t think of anything
那些玉米饼如何把我的肚子闹得天翻地覆
but whatever the hell these tacos are doing to my bowels.
所以我下了个决心 滚你♥妈♥的♥
So I make up my mind, fuck this.
我下一站就一定得下车
I’ve got to get off at the next stop
不然我铁定就得在大庭广众下拉裤子了
or I’m going to lose it in my shorts in front of all these people.
而正巧在我作出这一决定时
And exactly as I make this decision,
韦斯利从过道另一侧扭过他那硕大无朋的脑袋
Wesley leans his big-ass head over to me from across the aisle,
用非常冷峻的神情对我说
and he says, really calm,
“我下一站下车 如果你再跟着我”
I’m getting off at the next stop, and if you do too,
“我他妈就把你老二揪下来然后塞回你嘴里”
I’m going to rip your fuckin’ balls off and feed them to you.
我的妈呀 可别忘了我的警告
Holy shit. Remember what I said.
拜托这部分可是真的 我当时真的就在那儿
Hey now, this part is true. I was there.
-真的么 -恩
-Really? -Mm-hmm.
-你真的确定 -是的
-Are you sure? -Yeah.
然后公交车就停了 韦斯利下了车
So the bus stops. He gets off.
我等了一会
I wait a second.
就往车门走 但他就在车门
I go over to the door, but he’s just standing there
几米开外的人行道上站着
on the sidewalk like 10 feet away,
双眼直直地盯着我 等着我下车
staring at me, waiting.
可我还能怎么办 我又没有别的办法
What can I do? I have no other choice.
于是我还是下了车
So I step off the bus.
而就在那瞬间我一直紧绷的肛♥门♥终于坚持不住了
And the second that my feet touch the ground,
我肚子像炸开了花儿一样
it is like a knot in my asshole untied,
里面的东西就顺着我的腿往下流
and the fiesta in my stomach just comes pouring down my legs.
于是我就站在那 由着大便在我腿上奔流
So I’m just standing there, shit gushing down my thighs.
我他妈还把最爱的那双耐克给毁了
I ruined my fuckin’ favorite Nikes.
然后韦斯利就在边上笑得头都要碰到地上了
And Wesley is just there, doubled over, losing it.
他笑起来那种阵势 他妈的我这辈子可还没见
And he’s fuckin’ laughing so hard. I’ve never seen anything–
-奈特快来 -等会儿 咋了
-Here we go, Nate. -Wait, what?
-来啊奈特 -快去
-Come on, Nate! -Go
萨米
Sammy!
萨米
Sammy!
-悠着点 -好啦好啦
-Hey, hey, hey, hey! -Hey.
-我抓到他啦 -你们这些变♥态♥ 他妈快放我走
-Whoa, I got him. -Let go, you fucking perverts!
-好的 -奈特 麻烦帮忙抓住他的脚
-OK. -Nate, grab his feet, please.
我们就在这草地上坐一会 等你冷静下来
Just going to sit down here in the grass for a while until you de-escalate.
冷静下来 你妹啊操你鸭
De-escalate my asshole, you duck fuckers!
我不太特别确定操你鸭是什么意思
I’m not quite sure what you mean by that.
你也知道这种情况的 萨米 等着发作期过去就好
You know the drill, Sammy. Just let it pass.
伙计你还好吧
You all right, buddy?
他这次跑得还挺远 我觉得好像还破了新纪录
Whoa, he got pretty far that time. I think it’s a new record.
所以话说回来 最后他决定跟我一起回来
So anyway, after all that he ends up coming back with me,
因为他实在忍♥不住自己去告诉大家
but only because he’s so excited to tell everyone in our unit
我拉了裤子这件糗事的心情
that I pooped my pants.
而且他的确这么做了 他告诉了所有人
And he does. He tells everyone.
而且不知道怎么回事居然还被我妈听到了
Somehow it even got back to my mom.
萨米 你也听过这个故事对吧
You heard that story, right Sammy?
没错
Yeah.
-你们还好吧 -好极了
-How are you guys doing over there? -Fantastic.
萨米你感觉怎样 都发泄出来了么
How are you feeling, Sammy? You got it all out?
想去休息下么
You want to go take a nap?
好 那咱们起来吧
All right, let’s get you up.
走吧
Up we go, bud.
好啦 我们办公室见吧
All right, I’ll see you back at the office.
-自己当心 -好吧
-Look into yourself, man. -All right.
这家伙肯定是早上吃足了谷物麦片
This guy’s been eating his Wheaties in the morning.
话说萨米你想过去参加奥♥运♥会么
Have you ever thought about the Olympics, Sammy?
跑跑田径赛什么的
Running track?
如果你想了解下这些孩子都经历过什么
These are the files on our kids, if you want to see
这里这些是关于他们的文档
what kind of crap they’ve been through.
他们在这要待多久
How long do they stay here?
通常来说不到一年 不过我们这有几位
Supposedly less than a year, but we have a few hat
已经待了三年多了
have been here a little over three.
在郡里面决定他们之后该怎么办之前
We just keep them
我们就一直在这收容他们
until the county figures out where they’re going to go next.
汤姆
Tom!
快去刷牙
Go brush your teeth!
记住了 你既不是他们的家长也不是他们的治疗师
Remember, you are not their parent. You are not their therapist.
你来这唯一的目的 就是为他们提供一个安全的环境
You are here to create a safe environment, and that’s it.
了解
Got it.
另外既然你是新人 他们会考验和测试你
And since you’re new, they’re going to try and test you,
看看你好不好对付
see what they can get away with.
所以最好暂时对他们的要求一律拒绝
So just say no for a while.
拒绝 好吧
No. OK.
在成为他们朋友前 你大概要先学会唱黑脸才行
Kind of got to be an asshole before you can be their friend.
不过不用紧张
You’re going to be fine.
五分钟之后开始社区会议
Community meeting is in five minutes!
-路易斯 你最好乖乖起床 -可我不想
-Luis, you better be up. -Ugh, I don’t want to be.
所以这就是我不起床的下场么
So this is how it’s going to be?
你有五秒钟的时间
You’ve got five seconds.