爱情故事
一个25岁就去世的女子 她的一生有什么可说
What can you say about a 25-year-old girl who died?
她美丽 才气焕发
That she was beautiful and brilliant?
她喜欢莫札特和巴哈
That she loved Mozart and Bach?
还有披头四
The Beatles?
和我
And me?
有”中世纪的衰退”这本书吗
-Do you have this book?
你们也有图书馆吧
-You have your own library.
请你回答问题
-Answer my question.
你先回答我的
-Answer mine first.
我们获准使用这家图书馆的
We’re allowed to use the Radcliffe library.
我不是在谈权利问题 预科生 我在谈常理
I’m not talking legality, I’m talking ethics.
哈佛有五百万本书
Harvard’s got five million books,
我们只有几千本烂书
Radcliffe a few thousand.
我只要一本 明天要考试 讨厌
I only want one. I’ve got an hour exam tomorrow, damn it!
预科生 说话礼貌一点
Please watch your profanity, preppy.
你凭什么知道我读预科
Why do you think I went to prep school?
你看来又笨又有钱
-You look stupid and rich.
其实我是又聪明又穷苦
-Actually, I’m smart and poor.
我才是聪明又穷苦
No, I’m smart and poor.
你有那么聪明吗
-Why are you so smart?
我不会跟你去喝咖啡
-I won’t have coffee with you.
我不会邀请你的
-I wouldn’t ask you.
对 所以你笨
-That’s what makes you stupid.
文学105分 不坏
Comp. Lit. 105. Not bad.
音乐150分 不坏
Music 150. Not bad.
音乐201分 那是毕业课程
Music 201, that’s a graduate course.
文艺复兴的多音曲
-Renaissance polyphony.
什么是”多音曲”
-What’s polyphony?
跟性没关系的 预科生
Nothing sexual, preppy.
卡小姐 早跟你说我叫奥力佛
I told you, my name is Oliver.
名字还是姓氏
-First or last?
名字
-First.
姓什么
-Oliver what?
巴雷
-Barrett.
巴雷 跟诗人同姓
-Barrett like the poet?
是的 没有亲属关系
– Yeah, no relation.
跟学校的礼堂同名
– Barrett like the hall?
是的
– Yes.
原来我在跟哈佛的 建筑物喝咖啡
I’m having coffee with a Harvard building.
-你是巴雷堂 -我不是巴雷堂
You’re Barrett Hall.I’m not Barrett Hall.
是我曾祖父捐建给哈佛的
My great grandfather just gave it to Harvard.
以便让不争气的曾孙进哈佛
So his not- so- great grandson could get in?
如你认定我没出息
If you think I’m a loser,
何必硬要我请你喝咖啡
why did you bulldoze me into buying you coffee?
我喜欢你的体格
I like your body.
我主修社会研究
– I major in Social Studies.
看不出来
– It doesn’t show.
是荣誉学位课程
– It’s an honours programme.
至少我知道你还有点头脑
– I know you’ve got a few brains.
真的
– Really?
是 你不是想缠住我不放吧
– You’re hung up on me, aren’t you?
珍妮
– Jenny?
什么事
– Yeah?
听着 你这自负的丫头
Listen, you Radcliffe bitch.
星期五晚的曲棍球赛
There’s a hockey game on Friday.
怎么样
– So?
我想你去看
– I want you to come.
我为什么要去看 无聊的曲棍球比赛
Why would I go to a lousy hockey game?
因为我有份出赛
– Because I’m playing.
你是哪一队的
– For which side?
七号♥ 犯规 撞人
Two minutes for number seven. Holding.
罚停赛两分钟 违规撞人
Penalty. Barrett, Harvard. Two minutes. Holding.
你朋友在比赛 你为何干坐着
Why are you here when your friends are playing?
-我被罚 -什么
I’m in the penalty box.- What ?
我被罚停赛
I’m in the penalty box.
犯了什么错
– What did you do?
太卖♥♥力
– I tried too hard.
很大的耻辱
– Is that a big disgrace?
别说了 珍妮 我在集中精神
– I’m trying to concentrate.
做什么
– On what?
我在盘算如何对付那小子
– On how I’ll total that bastard.
阿瑟 加油
Come on, Harvard, let’s go!
你打球手段凶狠吗
Are you a dirty player?
你会对付我吗
Would you ever total me?
如你不闭嘴 我马上就会
– I will right now if you don’t shut up.
我走了 再见
– I’m leaving. Goodbye.
巴雷再上场
Barrett back in the game.
哈佛队全体球员上场了
Harvard have full strength.
进一球 七号♥巴雷
And a goal. Ackerman. Assist, Barrett.
我看过曲棍球赛了
– Now I’ve seen a hockey game.
最喜欢看什么
– What did you like best?
看你四脚朝天的样子
– When you were on your ass.
谢谢你来看
– Thanks for coming.
我有答应你吗
I didn’t say you could kiss me.
-什么 -亲我
What ? Kiss me
我情不自禁
– I was carried away.
我没有
– I wasn’t.
-我也许几个月不会找你 -为什么
I may not call you for a few months,
那也许我回去马上打电♥话♥给你
or I might call you when I get back to my room.
-混球 -你可以戏弄人
– Bastard. – You can dish it out,
但却受不了别人戏弄自己
but not take it.
赌鬼们
– Hello, animals.
今晚战绩如何 打进最后一球
– Hey, Ollie. What did you get? – An assist.
跟卡维拉里上街了
– Off Cavilleri?
跟你没关系
– None of your business.
-我们有同住之谊 -你们在说谁
– I’m your roommate!
巴雷有新女友了
– Has Barrett got a new goodie?
是的 珍妮卡维拉里
Jenny Cavilleri.
罗德岛人 学音乐的
It’s a music type from Rhode Island.
我知道她 很难追到手的
– I know her. Real tight- ass.
替巴哈学会弹钢琴
– Plays piano for the Bach Society.
她和巴雷弹什么
– What does she play with Barrett?
可能是 不足为外人道
– Probably hard to get.
辛浦森
Simpson.
去你的
Up yours.
说得好
That proves it.
珍妮
Hello, Jen?
如果我跟你说我爱上了你
What would you say if I told you…
你会怎么想
I think I’m in love with you?
如你不是认真的就免开尊口
Never say “love” if you don’t mean it.
你怎知道我不认真
you don’t mean it.
你是已知数 巴雷
You’re a known quantity.
什么意思
Meaning?
你的大名人所共知
You’re known for quantity.
我们学校无人不认识巴雷堂
At Radcliffe, every hall is Barrett Hall.
你调查过我吧
– You’ve been checking up on me.
我不随便跟什么人上街吃饭的
– I won’t dine outdoors with anybody.
我是什么人吗
– Am I just anybody?
你说呢
– What do you think, preppy?
这个周末你要自己照顾自己了
You’ll have to fend for yourself this weekend.
我要和法兰西斯打交道
I’ll be mixing it up with Francis LaPierre.
真好笑
– Very funny.
你嫉妒吗
– Are you jealous?
法兰西斯是康乃尔曲棍球队长
He’s the captain of the Cornell hockey team.
你看了体育版吧
You’ve been reading the sports page.
这周末我不介意去看你 跟康乃尔队赛球
I wouldn’t mind watching you play against Cornell.
不要 我要上场
No. I’ll be involved.
对了 争选学♥联♥代表
Oh, yeah. The All- Ivy title.
-不止这个 -才不止这个
– More than the All- Ivy title? – A lot more.
三比三