去也门钓鲑鱼
亲爱的琼斯博士
Dear Dr. Jones,
我所代表的一位家产颇丰的客户
I act on behalf of a client with access to very substantial funds
想要投资一个项目
who has indicated a desire
有关将鲑鱼
to sponsor a project to introduce salmon
及钓鲑鱼活动引进也门
and the sport of salmon fishing into the Yemen.
我希望能够和您安排一次会面以确保
I would like to seek a meeting with you to identify
此项目的投资以及实施问题
how this challenging project might be initiated and resourced.
外交和联邦事务部也把此项目
I might add that the Foreign and Commonwealth Office
看作英也两国合作的象征给予了大力支持
supports the project as a symbol of Anglo-Yemeni cooperation.
哈莉·切伍德·塔波特小姐敬上
Yours sincerely, Harriet Chetwode-Talbot, Ms.
菲茨哈里斯&普莱斯投资顾问公♥司♥
Fitzharris & Price Investment Consultants.
好好享受你的晚上
Night. Have a good evening.
你也是 替我向你家兵哥问好
You, too. Say hi to soldier boy.
我们只是普通朋友 见过几次面而已
We’re just friends, you know. We’ve only met a couple of times.
-你周一就这样说过了 -住嘴
– Yeah, you tell me that on Monday. – Shut up.
看到你真好
Hi. It’s great to see you.
-我也是 抱歉 -是吗
– Yes. Me, too. Sorry. – Yes?
-是啊 -你也是
– Yes. – You, too.
-这才是开始 -别说了 我紧张
– No, “Yes” Is a start, that’s fine. – Stop it, I’m so nervous.
你有什么可紧张的
Why are you nervous?
我不知道 我只是想看起来成熟一点
I don’t know. I’m trying to be very sophisticated and grown-up.
好吧 成熟 确实有够成熟的
Right. No, grown-up, absolutely. Quite right, yeah.
-哈莉 -怎么了
– Harriet. – Yes?
谁最后到谁请客
Last one to the restaurant pays.
什么
What?
混♥蛋♥
You bastard.
亲爱的哈莉·切伍德·塔波特
Dear Harriet Chetwode-Talbot,
感谢你的来信
thank you for your e-mail.
作为渔业专家 鲑鱼的事我有些意见
As a fisheries specialist, permit me a word or two about salmon.
迁移的鲑鱼群只有在凉爽
Migratory salmonoids require cool,
并且含氧丰富的水中才能完成产卵
well-oxygenated water in which to spawn.
另外 在鲑鱼发育幼期
In addition, in the early stages of the salmon’s life cycle,
作为食物来源的
a good supply of fly life
欧洲北部河流原生昆虫
indigenous to the northern European rivers
也对鲑鱼及幼鲑的生存至关重要
is necessary for the juvenile salmon, or parr, to survive.
到印度洋和红海有相当一段距离
Some considerable distance from the Indian Ocean,
我相信你是清楚的
or indeed the Red Sea, as I am sure you are aware,
而外联部显然不清楚
though apparently not the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
我们假设在也门的自然条件下
We conclude that conditions in the Yemen
这个计划难以实施
make this project unfeasible.
是完全行不通
Fundamentally unfeasible.
对 完全行不通
Yes, yes. Fundamentally unfeasible.
我们都会因此而后悔的
We therefore regret
在这个问题上 我们帮不了您
that we are unable to help you any further in this matter.
阿尔弗雷德·琼斯博士敬上
Yours, Alfred Jones, Doctor.
我在你的三明治里加了鸭肝头
I’ve put duck liver pate in your sandwich.
好极了
That’s lovely.
对了 我先去睡了
Righto. I’m off to bed.
现在就睡吗
Already?
-机场的车五点过来 -好吧
– Airport car’s coming at 5:00. – Righto.
关于石蛾捕蝇纸 我有一个新想法
I’ll maybe have another wee pass at the caddis fly paper.
你可以在飞机上看看
You could read it on the airplane.
我忙着做报告呢 亲爱的 回来再看
Up to my ear in reports, darling. I’ll read it when I’m back.
好吧 那晚安
Right, then. Good night.
天啊 不可以 我不能这么做
Oh, my God, I don’t do this. I don’t do this.
没什么不可以的
No, I can tell.
我很久没做这档子事了
I haven’t done this in a really long time.
-好了 -我害怕
– Okay. – I’m so shy.
-好吧 我睡沙发 -我害怕
– Okay. No, I’ll sleep on the sofa. – No, I’m so shy.
哈莉 说真的 我…
Look, Harriet, I mean it. I…
闭嘴
Shut up.
你总是在说你怕
You were saying. You’re shy.
我确实是怕
I am shy and quiet.
就像希♥特♥勒♥那样 我是认真的
Like Hitler. I’m serious.
罗伯特 我…
Robert, I…
别这样 忘记我吧
Don’t do this and then forget me.
我不想成为晨起兵营里讨论的笑话
I just don’t wanna be an army barracks joke in the morning.
别这样对我
Please be nice to me.
哈莉 我也是认真的 真的
Harriet, I’m serious, too. I mean it.
如果你想让我睡沙发 我
So if you want me to sleep on the sofa, then I’ll…
梅耶斯上尉 如果你再说一次
If you say, Captain Mayers,
你要睡沙发的话
one more time you’ll sleep on the sofa,
那你就真的去睡沙发吧
you’ll bloody well sleep on the sofa.
罗伯特·梅耶斯上尉 3-6-4-7-7-2
Captain Robert Mayers, 3-6-4-7-7-2.
我是麦斯威尔 你最好有要紧事儿
Maxwell. Better be good.
麦斯威尔女士 出现了新情况
Mrs. Maxwell, we have a situation.
-什么 -阿富汗出现紧急情况
– What? – Code Red in Afghanistan.
你睡吧
Go to sleep.
热点新闻
你最好不要告诉我那是清♥真♥寺
Tell me that’s not a mosque.
那是个宗教建筑
Well, it is a religious establishment…
-那就是清♥真♥寺了 -是的
– Of course it’s a bloody mosque! – Well, of course…
-怎么了 -去睡觉
– What’s up? – Go to sleep.
-进行联♥合♥行♥动♥ -不 不 不行
– …make this a joint operation. – No, no,no, no,no, no,no.
英国和这件事没有任何关系
The British have absolutely nothing to do with this whatsoever.
我要让阿富汗的每一个男人 女人
And I want every single man, woman,
孩子甚至山羊都明白这一点
child and goat in Afghanistan to know that.
英国国家新闻署
天哪 我认为我们无法控制
My God, I didn’t think we could
阿富汗这场战争的影响
make the war in Afghanistan any less popular,
但是 这事我也说不准
but, hey, even I can be wrong.
我们接下来还是要
We’ll have Vera Lynn
对于薇拉·琳的自杀事件表示慰问
strapping on her suicide belt in sympathy next.
海军陆战队 一群亡命之徒
Bravo, the bloody Marines.
够了 你们这群家伙
Right, you lot.
我们需要正面的中东新闻 要够分量
We need a good news story from the Middle East, a big one.
现在就要 你们有一个小时的时间
And we need it now. You’ve got an hour, get on with it.
中东正面新闻
正面新闻
Good news, eh?
活力女生团体中东行
New girl band, Middle East tour.
也许可以
Maybe. Maybe.
触摸我 不 不 不
Touch my body. No, no…
好吧
Okay.
不 看来不行
Maybe not. No.
英国人横穿阿♥拉♥伯
British trans-Arabian rally.
看在上帝的份儿上
For God’s sake.
快 快 赶快想啊 这是什么
Come on, come on. Come up with something. What’s this?
关于在也门引进钓鲑鱼活动
A project to introduce salmon fishing to the Yemen.
钓鲑鱼 在也门钓鲑鱼
Salmon fishing. Salmon fishing in the Yemen.
你那一群牛津剑桥的低能儿
Is that the best you puffed-up Oxbridge-educated moronic buffoons
就只能想出这些主意吗
can come up with?
喂 是的 首相大人
Yes? Yes, Prime Minister.
我正在处理这件事
Well, no, I’m working on it right now.
我想我会让您满意的
I think I may have come up with something that you’ll like.
钓鲑鱼 钓鲑鱼
Salmon fishing. Salmon fishing.
唐宁街10号♥ 英国首相官邸
你们想看我被炒鱿鱼吗
Are you dollies trying to get me fired?
我们走吧
Well, here we go.
就选鱼吧
Fish it is.
英国农业部
-早啊 -早
– Morning. – Good morning.
-早 -早
– Morning. – Morning.
-早 -早
– Morning. – Hello.
汉普夏阿文河的巨型鲑鱼
麦斯威尔小姐在一线 先生
Mrs. Maxwell on line one, sir.
告诉她占线
Busy.
她说有急事 先生
She says it’s urgent, sir.
麦斯威尔是什么人
Maxwell who?
她是首相的新闻发布官
The press officer to the Prime Minister, sir.
帕崔莎
Patricia.
你还没退休呢吧
They haven’t pensioned you off yet, then?
听着 我从外联部了解到一个点子
Listen, I got the heads-up from the FCO about this
在也门引进鲑鱼 怎么样

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!