《圣诞颂歌♥》 查尔斯·狄更斯著
第一章 马利的鬼魂
没错
Yes.
是死了
Quite dead.
的确是死了
As a doornail.
先生 请您签一下死亡证明
Certificate of death, sir.
见证人 埃比尼泽·斯克鲁格
等等
Stop!
走开 你这小傻瓜
Back away, praddock.
两便士也是钱啊
Tuppence is tuppence.
-不看路啊 -喂
– Beg your pardon! – I say!
一群小混混
Delinquents.
卖♥♥报
Newspaper!
圣诞颂歌♥
先生 我们很饿
We’re hungry, sir!
先生 求您了 我们好饿
Please, sir, we’re very hungry.
一点点也行 先生 我们真的好饿
Any morsel. We’re hungry, sir.
剩的也行 我们快饿死了
Any scraps. we’re starving,
求您了 先生 我们真的很饿
Please, sir. We’re very hungry.
圣诞快乐 看在市长的面子吧
Merry Christmas, from his lordship, the mayor!
-求您了 先生 -快看 那儿
– Please, sir. – Oh, look. There it is.
别跑 那块肉是我们的
Come back here with that! That’s our meat!
给我回来 那是我们的 回来
Give it back! That’s ours! Come back here!
-给 -谢谢
– There you are, sir. – Thanks.
新鲜热乎的板栗咯
Fresh hot chestnuts.
-这个怎么样 -很不错
– How would you like this one? – That’s perfect.
这条鳗鱼很新鲜
That’s a nice fresh eel.
这三个分别是圣父圣子和圣灵 走开
Here is the father, the son and the holy ghost. Get lost.
豌豆到底在哪个碗下面呢
And under which one is the pea?
一边玩去啦
Get out of here.
注意 仔细看啊
There we are. Watch this now.
斯克鲁奇和马利
Scrooge & Marley
七年后的一个平安夜

舅舅 圣诞快乐
Merry Christmas, uncle!
-愿上帝保佑你 -骗人的玩意儿
– God save you. – Bah! Humbug!
圣诞节是骗人的 舅舅 你认真的吗
Christmas a humbug? Uncle! You don’t mean that.
“圣诞快乐”
Merry Christmas.
就你这穷光蛋 有什么好快乐的
What reason have you to be merry? You’re poor enough.
那你钱多的用不完怎么还那么沮丧
What right have you to be so dismal? You’re rich enough.
-骗人的 -别生气啊 舅舅
– Humbug! – Don’t be cross, uncle.
和一群傻瓜一起活在这世界我还能怎么样
What else can I be when I live in such a world of fools as this?
还”圣诞快乐”呢
Merry Christmas.
对于你来说圣诞节只是
What’s Christmastime to you but a
一个没钱付账单的日子
time for paying bills without money.
一个老了一岁却依旧穷困潦倒的日子
A time for finding yourself a year older and not a penny richer.
如果我能梦想成真的话
If I could work my will,
那些整天把”圣诞快乐”挂在嘴边的白♥痴♥
every idiot who goes about with ”Merry Christmas” on his lips
都应该被放进布丁里一起煮了
should be boiled in his own pudding
而且下葬时要往他们胸前插一根冬青枝
and buried with a stake of holly through his heart!
-舅舅 -外甥
– Uncle! – Nephew!
我们各过各的节 井水不犯河水
Keep Christmas in your own way and let me keep it in mine.
各过各的 但你根本不过圣诞节啊
Keep it? But you don’t keep it!
反正就别再烦我了
Let me leave it alone then.
过个圣诞节对你有什么好处
Much good it has ever done you.
很多时候我会觉得很开心
There are many things from which I have
但却和钱一点儿关系也没有
derived good and have not profited.
圣诞节也算是其中之一
Christmas being among them.
我一直都认为圣诞节是个
But I have always thought of Christmas
帮助他人 善待他人的时候
as a kind, charitable time.
只有这时候 人们才能敞开紧锁的心扉
The only time when men open their shut-up hearts
把所有人都看作是陪自己走完一生的朋友
and think of all people as fellow travelers to the grave
而不是一些形同陌路的匆匆过客
and not some other race of creatures bound on other journeys.
所以说 舅舅
And therefore, uncle,
虽然我没有得到过任何物质上的回报
although it has never put a scrap of gold or silver in my pocket,
但我认为我从中受益匪浅 上帝保佑
I believe it has done me good, and I say, god bless it!
克里奇特 你要是再发出任何声音
Let me hear another sound out of you, Cratchit,
我就炒你鱿鱼 回家过圣诞节去吧
and you’ll keep Christmas by losing your situation!
你口才真好啊 先生
You’re quite a powerful speaker, sir.
你怎么不去议会弄个官当当啊
A wonder you don’t go into parliament.
别生气啊 舅舅
Don’t be cross, uncle.
明天一起吃个饭吧
Come, dine with us tomorrow.
我宁愿先在地狱见你
I’ll see you in hell first.
为什么 你怎么这么无情 舅舅
But why? Why so cold-hearted, uncle? Why?
你为什么结婚啊
Why did you get married?
因为我们彼此相爱啊
Because I fell in love.
因为…
Because…
你们
you fell…
彼此相爱?
in love?
再会
Good afternoon.
我不要你什么东西 也不求你什么事
I want nothing from you. I ask nothing of you.
-我们就不能做朋友吗 -再见
– Why can’t we be friends? – Good afternoon.
我真的很难过 你太固执了
I’m sorry, with all my heart, to find you so resolute.
但我已经试过向圣诞节致敬 那么
But I have made the trial in homage to Christmas, and therefore,
-圣诞快乐 舅舅 -再见
– Merry Christmas, uncle! – Good afternoon!
-还有新年快乐 -再见
– And a Happy New Year! – Good afternoon!
克里奇特先生 也祝你圣诞快乐
And a very Merry Christmas to you too, Mr. Cratchit.
圣诞快乐 先生
Merry Christmas to you, sir.
又来了一个
There’s another one.
一周就赚15先令的小职员
A clerk making 15 shillings a week…
有一家人要养活 还想过什么圣诞节
and with a wife and family, talking about a Merry Christmas.
我真是要疯了
I’ll retire to bedlam.
你好 这里是斯克鲁格
Good afternoon. Scrooge
和马利办公室地方吗
and Marley’s, I believe?
我能有幸和斯克鲁格先生
Have I the pleasure of addressing
还是马利先生谈谈吗
Mr. Scrooge or Mr. Marley?
马利先生已经死了七年了
Mr. Marley has been dead these seven years.
他就在七年前的今天死的
He died seven years ago…this very night.
我们深信 您对穷♥人♥的慷慨
Well, we have no doubt that his generosity
一定和他一样
is well represented by his surviving partner.
斯克鲁格先生 在这幸福的节日
At this festive season of the year, Mr. Scrooge,
我们非常希望可以
It is more than usually desirable that
捐点食物什么的
we should make some slight provision
帮助无家可归的穷♥人♥们
for the poor and the destitute.
无数的穷苦人们也需要些关怀和温暖啊
Many thousands are in want of common comfort, sir.
没有看守所了吗
Are there no prisons?
看守所吗 有很多
Prisons? Yes, yes, plenty of prisons.
那些提供穷♥人♥工作吃穿的济贫院不开了吗
And the union workhouses, are they still in operation?
开着
They are.
可我多么希望它们能关门
I wish I could say they were not.
工厂一直在正常运作吗
The treadmill in full vigor?
-是的 很忙 先生 -那很好
– Very busy, sir. – Good!
我还以为这些地方
I was afraid something had occurred
因为什么原因都关掉了呢
to stop them in their useful course.
对了 现在到处在庆祝圣诞
Yes. At this festive season, a few of
我们想筹集点善款
us are endeavoring to raise a fund
给穷♥人♥买♥♥些吃的和一些取暖用品
to buy the poor some meat and drink and means of warmth.
您想在您的名下捐点什么吗
What shall we put you down for?
-什么都别写 -您想匿名捐助吗
– Nothing. – Oh, you wish to remain anonymous?
我要你们别烦我 我自己过节都不快乐
I wish to be left alone! I don’t make merry myself at Christmas,
怎么会掏钱让那些懒汉们开心
and I can’t afford to make idle people merry.
让他们去看守所 济贫院 工厂寻开心吧
I support the establishments I have mentioned.
那些活不下去的人可以去那里
And those who are badly off must go there.
但很多人去不了
Many cannot go there.
坦白讲 很多人宁愿死也不去
And, well, frankly, many would rather die.
那就去死吧 还能缓解人口过剩压力
Then they had better do it and decrease the surplus population.
再见 先生们
Good afternoon, gentlemen!
再见
Good afternoon.
我猜你明天想放假一整天是吧
You’ll want all day tomorrow, I suppose?
先生 如果您不介意的话
Well, if quite convenient, sir.
我介意 而且这不公平
It’s not convenient, and it’s not fair.
假设我克扣你一点点工资
If I were to dock you a half a crown for it,
你都会认为我是在压榨你
you’d think yourself ill-used.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!