Hey, buddy.
嗨 伙计
You don’t waste time, do you?
动作还真快
I try not to.
是啊
Well, you need help? Sure.
要帮忙吗 当然
Would you like to tell us… what the hell that was all about?
你打算告诉我们这到底是怎么回事吗
I don’t like good-byes.
我也不想说再见
Kind of the point of a goodbye party, John.
离别的时候不都这样么 约翰
Went to a certain amount of trouble, you know?
我可费了不少劲啊 知道么
Could’ve at least stayed a few minutes, huh?
你就不能多待一会儿么
Eaten some of the food we so feverishly prepared?
吃一些我们为你精心准备的食物
I apologize, Harry.
很抱歉 哈里
But why are you moving so quickly?
你为什么走得这么匆忙啊
You only resigned a couple of days ago.
这才辞职了几天
You got the history chair at Stanford.
你都是斯坦福历史系教授了
I wish.
我也不想啊
Well, taquitos, chicken wings, roastie-toasties and beer.
鸡丝卷 鸡翅 调味烧烤和啤酒
If we’d had more time,
要是时间再充裕点
We’d have done something a little more grandiose.
我们可以弄得更丰盛
Candlelight dinner at Mcdonald’s.
比如麦当劳里的烛光晚餐
Strippers.
脱衣舞
Taquitos are fine. A’right.
鸡丝卷就够了 好吧
Art’s gonna be along, too.
阿特也来了
He’s, uh, talking to a student.
他正在跟一个学生说话
Is George taking over for you?
乔治会接你的班吗
George or Trimbell – Has the Dean made up his mind?
乔治或者钦贝尔吧 院长还没想好
He hasn’t called.
他还没跟我说
My god! Wh-What is this?
天呐 这… 这是什么
It looks like a Van Gogh, but I’ve never seen it before.
看起来像是梵高的画 但我从没见过
Is that an original, John?
这是真品吗 约翰
No, it’s just a gift someone gave me.
不是 朋友送的礼物
Still, it’s a superb copy.
不过还是很不错啊
Contemporaneous, I think,
应该是同时期的赝品
May I take a closer look?
我能拿近了看吗
Please, yeah.
请随意
Yeah, it’s the same stretcher as Van Gogh used.
跟梵高用的一样的框架
Yeah, there’s writing on the back in french.
后面还有手写的法语呢
Oh, “To my friend Jacque Borne.”
“致我的朋友雅克·波恩”
Wonder who that was?
知道那是谁吗
Someone he knew, I guess.
熟人吧 我想
Brilliant deduction, sherlock.
很敏锐的推断啊 福尔摩斯
Surely you’ll have this looked at, appraised?
你一定会找人鉴别吧 估价了吗
Well, maybe sometime,
这个 再说吧
But I wouldn’t really want money for it.
但我真没想到过用它来赚钱
That does it.
就这样吧
Put that stuff in the kitchen.
把东西放到厨房♥去
No, I’m gonna put it in the bathroom, John.
不 我要放到浴室 约翰
Gas is off, electricity’s on.
煤气停了 只有电
Get comfortable while you can.
大家不要拘束
The furniture’s going this afternoon.
家具下午就要运走了
It’s been years since I sat on a floor.
好些年没坐在地板上了
Heh. I can’t remember her name.
我忘了她的名字了
Eh, it’s good for the back.
你还算老实
Can we do yoga exercises?
能练瑜伽吗
Tantric yoga, we can.
可以练密宗瑜伽(男女双修)
So you’re leaving good old “We teach you”?
还要等我们问吗
Rather suddenly, you must admit.
你得承认这一切太仓促了
Truth time, John.
说实话吧 约翰
Is there a problem?
有什么困难
No.
没有
Oh, come on, you know we wanna help.
别来这套 你知道我们会帮你的
That’s appreciated, but really…
很感激 不过真的…
There’s no problem.
没有什么困难
Well, now I am curious.
现在我很好奇了
Where are you going?
你要去哪
Givin’ up tenure…
你放弃了教员身份…
a decade of professorship,
挂了十年的教授头衔
In line to chair the department,
还有系里的领导地位
And you don’t know where you’re going?
却连去哪里都还没想好
Call it cabin fever.
我这叫幽居症
After a while, I get itchy feet.
每过一阵子就脚痒
I’ve done this before.
我以前也干过这事
No, no, no, you’re too young to have done this before.
不 不可能 你才几岁 怎么可能
And he hasn’t aged a day in ten years.
而他这十年来丝毫不见老
Every woman on the faculty
每个女教员都不惜一切的
Would give anything to have that secret.
想知道这个秘密
Is that what they’re after, Edith?
你怎么知道别人跟你想的一样 伊迪丝
Oh, stop, Harry.
少来了 哈里
Wow, can you pull this?
你能拉动这个
What the hell?
天呐
What do you hunt?
你都猎杀什么
Deer, mostly.
主要是鹿吧
Around big bear.
有时也杀熊
With a bow and arrow?
就靠这一弓一箭
Most people can’t bag a deer
就算有来♥复♥枪♥和瞄准镜
With a rifle and a telescopic sight.
大多数人也杀不了一只鹿
Though, good eatin’.
不过鹿肉的确好吃
The best wild game.
这是野外最好的游戏
Lives naturally, eats naturally.
自然地生活 自然地饮食
Well, it’s beautiful.
很不错
Art.
阿特
So, can I get an “a” for awesome?
看我的车技能拿个A吗
Oh, my gosh.
得了吧
That was fun.
真好玩
Hey, John.
约翰
You know Linda. You had her last semester.
你记得琳达吧 上学期上过你的课
Hi. Hey.
你好
She’s one of my victims now. I’m taking her home.
她已经被我俘虏了 我正要带她回家
She wanted to come by and say hello goodbye.
她想过来问个好 告个别
Is Art as tough as I hear?
阿特是不是真像传言中那么严酷
Oh, archaeology’s tough.
考古学是很严酷啊
Dr. Jenkins is a fine teacher.
不过詹金斯博士是个很好的老师
Oh, that’s very politic.
回答得很圆滑
It’s very true. Uh-huh.
千真万确
Something for you to read on the road, pal.
给你带着路上看
“Shadows of the cave: parallels to early man.”
《洞穴的阴影: 与早期人类的共同点》
Author: M. Jenkins.
作者: M·詹金丝
Publish or perish.
不发表论文就得走人
I’d rather read
我还是想看看
Than write another one. Thank you.
省得自己再写一本 谢谢
Oh, everybody, this is Linda.
各位 这是琳达
Linda, this is everybody.
琳达 见过大家
Linda. Hi.
你好 琳达
So.
那么
Where you going, John, like we give a damn?
你要去哪 约翰 别当我们很在乎
We’ve already covered that.
我们已经问过了
John’s got itchy feet.
约翰脚痒
There are over-the-counter remedies for that, John.
有非处方药能治那个 约翰
So there is a problem.
看来你的确遇到困难了
No.
没有
I just like to move on now and then.
我只是喜欢不定期的移居
It’s a personal thing.
个人问题
Well, not to pry.
不能说的秘密
I’m sorry I don’t have more to offer you.
很抱歉没什么可以招待的
Got conversation, some seats for your behinds,
大家只能聊聊天 歇歇脚
And, uh…
还有…
Is he ducking out on us again?
他又在躲我们了
I do have this.
我倒是有这东西
Oh ho ho! Johnny Walker Green!
乔尼·沃克的绿牌15年纯麦威士忌
didn’t even know they made it in green.
原来还真是绿色的啊
What do they pay you?
花了你不少银子吧?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!