It starts on a bridge.
一切是从桥上开始的
Craig!
克雷格
What were you planning to do about your bike, hon?
你打算怎么处理你的自行车 亲爱的
I don’t care about my bike. I’m killing myself.
我才不管什么自行车呢 我要自杀
But we spent a lot of money on the bike, sport.
但这辆车很贵的 老兄
We only ask that you take care of it.
我们唯一的要求就是让你爱护它
Think of me, Craig. I might want that bike when I grow up.
为我想想 克雷格 我长大了说不定要骑呢
I’m sorry. I just didn’t think it…
对不起 我没想到这些…
That’s right. You just didn’t think about us
没错 在你决定这么做的时候
when you were deciding to do this, did you, honey?
你就是不考虑别人 是吧 亲爱的
Pretty selfish, I’d say.
要我说 确实挺自私的
Have you thought about how this might affect your sister?
你想过这会对你妹妹产生什么影响吗
I’m… I’m sorry, I…
我很… 抱歉 我…
This is the moment where I usually wake up in a sweaty panic.
这就是通常我在恶梦中惊醒的时刻
But for some reason,
但是由于某些原因
this time was different.
这次有些不同
I…
我…
I want to kill myself.
我想要自杀
Fill this out.
先填下这个
How you doing?
最近怎么样
You got a cigarette?
有烟吗
No, sorry.
没有
What’s wrong with you?
你怎么了
I just don’t smoke.
我就是不抽烟
No, I mean, why are you in an ER, at 5:00 on a Sunday morning?
不 我是说 你星期天早晨五点跑急诊室来干吗
Well…
这个…
I guess, there’s just been a lot going on in my mind lately.
就是最近有点焦头烂额
Go ahead.
继续说
Okay, well, this is sort of difficult to explain.
不太好解释
But… See there’s this girl…
有一个女孩…
Yeah, got you.
明白了
And this summer school application that I’m really nervous about.
还有暑期学校的申请 让我一直很紧张
Summer school?
暑期学校
Yeah, it’s like this super prestigious, kind of…
是的 很有名的一所暑期学校
Why would you want to be in school in the summer?
你暑假为什么想呆在学校里
You should be on Coney Island, bird-dogging chicks.
你应该到科尼岛上去追小妞才对
Are you a doctor?
你到底是不是医生
What do you think?
你觉得呢
You… You don’t really seem like a doctor.
你… 你看起来可不太像个医生
You ever heard of Doogie Howser?
听说过杜奇·豪瑟吗
Well, I hope they fix whatever’s wrong with you.
不管你有什么问题 希望他们都能治好你
Thank you.
谢谢
So, how long have you been feeling suicidal?
你产生自杀的念头有多久了
I don’t know.
我也不清楚
I’ve been depressed for about a year.
我已经抑郁了差不多一年了
And I’ve thought about it before, but never like this.
之前也有过这种念头 但从没像现在这样
You know, never so real.
从没这么真切
Did anything happen today specifically to trigger these feelings?
最近有什么特别的事情让你有了这种感觉吗
Sometimes I wish I had an easy answer for why I’m depressed.
有时我真想 为自己抑郁的原因找个容易回答的答案
That my father beat me. Or I was sexually abused.
比如我爸打我 或者我被性侵犯
But my problems are less dramatic than that.
但我的问题却没有那么夸张
Like, my dad always asks the wrong questions.
比如 我爸总是问我无厘头的问题
So, Craig, how’s the Intro to Wall Street class?
克雷格 华尔街的面试怎么样
So maybe this is a slight exaggeration,
也许这看上去有些夸张
but I do have a problem with stress vomiting.
但是我一紧张就容易呕吐
And my friends sometimes look at me like I’m from another planet.
有时朋友看我的表情 就像我是火星人一样
And I’m obsessed with this girl.
而且我迷上的这个女孩
Who happens to be going out with my best friend.
恰巧是我死党的女朋友
So, is there any one thing that made me want to jump off a bridge?
所以 有让我想轻生的原因吗
No. Nothing unusual.
不 没有什么特别的
You on any medications?
你在服用什么药物吗
Zoloft. But I stopped.
用过左洛复 但是我已经不吃了
Yeah, did your doctor take you off the meds?
你的医生让你停用的吗
No, I just stopped on my own.
不 我自己停的
you shouldn’t do that.
你不应该这么做
Well, Craig, it doesn’t seem like you’re a danger to yourself.
好了 克雷格 你看上去不像能做出什么疯狂举动
So, what I’m gonna suggest is that we contact your parents,
所以 我的建议是通知你的父母
let them know what’s going on,
告诉他们这件事
and then we refer you to one of our outpatient services.
然后我们会为你提供门诊服务
I need help now.
我现在就需要帮助
I know you’re upset.
我知道你很苦恼
But, Craig, the people that we admit into this facility,
但是 克雷格 我们接收的这些病人
are very, very sick.
都病的非常非常严重
I am, too.
我也是
Well, can’t you just, like, give me something?
你能不能 随便给我点什么
Not without your parents’ consent.
要经过你家长同意才行
Look, this is serious business.
听着 这不是个小事
Maybe I’m not explaining right how serious this is.
也许我没解释清楚有多么严重
It feels like everything is just building up,
这感觉就像 你要面对的事情越来越多
and everyone else, they just seem to handle everything.
而其他人 他们好像能处理好各种事情
You know, like…
知道吗 就是…
But not me, you know.
除了我 明白吗
I’m scared, okay?
我很怕 好吗
And I can’t go back out there.
我不能就这么出去了
I don’t know what…
我不知道会…
I might do something.
我也许会做出可怕的事情
So, I just need some help. Please. I just need you to help me.
我只是需要帮助 求你了 帮帮我吧
Welcome to 3 North, Craig.
欢迎来到三楼北区 克雷格
What exactly is 3 North?
三楼北区是什么意思
Our adult psychiatric floor.
成人精神科楼层
Oh, but, I’m only 16.
但是 我才16岁
Our teen floor is undergoing some renovations,
我们的青少年楼层正在整修
so all teens are here with the adults.
所以 所有的青少年都和成年人呆在一起
And while you’re with us, you’ll be expected to act like one.
你在这儿的期间 要表现的像成人一样
So, starting tomorrow,
所以 从明天开始
you’ll follow the schedule and participate in the group activities.
你要按照日程安排行事 并且参加小组活动
In the meantime, we’ll contact your family, and they can bring over
同时 我们会通知你的家人 让他们带来
a change of clothes, toothbrush, that kind of thing.
一些换洗的衣物 牙刷 之类的东西
Well, I don’t think I’ll be here that long.
我觉得我不会在这儿呆多久
I have school tomorrow, so…
我明天还要上课 所以…
You’ll have to discuss that with Dr. Minerva.
你要和密涅瓦医生讨论这件事
Now, do you have any sharp objects on you? Pocket knife? Keys?
你带着什么尖锐的物品吗 折刀 钥匙
And your belt and shoe laces.
还有你的腰带和鞋带
My shoe laces?
我的鞋带
We can’t take any chances.
我们可不能冒险
Hey, Dr. Minerva.
密涅瓦医生
Hey, Smitty.
史密蒂
This is our new patient, Craig Gilner.
这是我们的新病号♥ 克雷格 吉尔诺
Hi, Craig. How are you?
克雷格 你好吗
Just, like, you know.
就是 那样
Well, why don’t you get settled in, and we’ll talk later, okay?
你先去看看你的房♥间 我们一会聊 好吗
Nice to meet you, Craig.
很高兴见到你 克雷格
It’ll come to you.
它会找到你的
Good morning, Jimmy.
早上好 吉米
What was that about?
那是在干什么
Jimmy? He’s a schizophrenic.
吉米 他患有精神分♥裂♥
Is there a place here for people more like me?
这儿有像我这种人呆的地方吗
We got all kinds of patients here,
我们这儿有各种各样的病人
man. All kinds…
老弟 各种各样的…
Hey, hey, Bobby!
鲍比
My man.
哥们
How about a tour for our new friend, Craig, here? What do you say?
带我们的新朋友克雷格去转转怎么样
Sure thing, babe. Thanks, man.
没问题 亲爱的 谢了 哥们
So, Bobby’s gonna show you around, while we fix up your room,
我们布置你房♥间的时候 鲍比会带你到周围转转
Okay? Okay.
行吗 行
See you guys in a jiff.
回见
So, is this like a mental ward?
这里是精神病房♥吗
Not a ward, it’s a hospital.
不是病房♥ 是医院
Well, this is where we hang out.
这就是我们消遣的地方
There’s a record player and such.
这儿有留声机什么的