星期六 1955年11月12日
-博士 -怎么回事?
-Doc! -What?
别紧张 博士 是我 马提
Relax, Doc. It’s me! It’s Marty.
不可能 我刚刚把你送回未来
It can’t be. I just sent you back to the future.
我知道 你送我过去 但我又回来了
I know, you did send me back to the future, but I’m back.
我又从未来回来了
I’m back from the future.
我的天
Great Scott!
-孩子们 现在是什么时间? -你好杜德 时间
-Hey, kids, what time is it? -Howdy Doody time!
-你好杜德 时间 -天哪
-“It’s Howdy Doody time”. -Great Scott!
你好杜德 时间?
Howdy Doody time?
日期 1955年11月13日 上午7:01 星期天
Date: Sunday, November 13, 1955, 7:01 a.m.
昨晚的时光旅行实验显然完全成功了
Last night’s time travel experiment was apparently a complete success.
闪电在晚上十点零四分准确击中钟楼…
Lightning struck the clock tower at precisely 10:04 p.m…
把必需的十亿瓦特电量…
sending the necessary 1.21 gigawatts…
输入到时光旅行车 它消失在一道灿烂的闪光中…
into the time vehicle, which vanished in a brilliant flash of light…
地上留下两条燃烧的胎痕
leaving a pair of fire trails behind.
因此估计马提和时光旅行车…
I therefore assume Marty and the time vehicle…
已穿越时空回到了1985年
were transported forward through time to the year 1985.
在那之后 我就记不得发生了什么
After that, I can’t recall what happened.
事实上 我甚至记不起我是怎么回家的
In fact, I don’t even remember how I got home.
也许那十亿瓦特的电量和…
Perhaps the gigawatt discharge and the temporal displacement field…
那时光旅行车产生的变位力场…
generated by the vehicle caused a disruption of my own brain waves…
造成了短暂的失忆现象
resulting in a condition of momentary amnesia.
我现在想起在那时光旅行车…
I now recall that moments after the time vehicle disappeared…
回到未来后…
into the future…
我看见一幅影像 马提说他从未来回来了
I saw a vision of Marty saying he had come back from the future.
毫无疑问 这是某种残留影像
Undoubtedly, this was some residual image.
博士 冷静点 是我 马提
Doc, calm down. It’s me. It’s Marty.
不可能是你 我已经把你送到了未来
It can’t be you. I sent you back to the future!
没错 但我又从未来回来 记得昨晚吗?
That’s right, but I came back again from the future. Don’t you remember last night?
你昏倒 我带你回来的
You fainted. I brought you home.
不可能 你不可能在这里
This can’t be happening! You can’t be here!
这完全没道理 我拒绝相信你在这里
It doesn’t make sense! I refuse to believe you are here!
我就在这里 这很好解释 我和你重回1955年
I am here, and it does make sense. I came back to 1955 again with you.
1985的你在那等着拿毕福的书
The you from 1985 is waiting to get a book from Biff!
当我抢回书 1985的你在那辆德罗林车里…
Once I got the book, the you from 1985 were in the DeLorean…
它被闪电击中 回到了1885年
and it got struck by lightning, and you got sent back to 1885!
1885?
这很有趣 未来小子…
It’s a very interesting story, future boy…
但还有一点讲不通
but there’s one thing that doesn’t make sense.
如果未来的我在过去 你怎么会知道?
If the me of the future is now in the past, how could you possibly know about it?
你给我了一封信
You sent me a letter.
亲爱的马提 如果我的计算正确…
Dear Marty, if my calculations are correct…
你将在德罗林车被闪电击中后收到这封信
you will receive this letter immediately after the DeLorean’s struck by lightning.
首先我要告诉你我一切平安
First, let me assure you I am alive and well.
我在1885年度过了快乐的八个月
I’ve been living happily these past 8 months in the year 1885.
那道击中德罗林车的闪电…
The lightning bolt that hit the DeLorean…
造成时间电路超载…
caused an overload which scrambled the time circuits…
激活了通量电容并把我送回到1885年
activated the flux capacitor and sent me back to 1885.
超载造成时光电路短路…
The overload shorted out the time circuits…
并毁了飞行电路 很不幸 这辆车再也不能飞了
and destroyed the flying circuits. Unfortunately, the car never fly again.”
它真的飞起来了
It actually flew?
是的 在21世纪初我们成功的实现悬停
Yeah. We had a hover conversion done in the early 21st century.
难以置信
Incredible!
我用铁匠身份作掩护…
I set myself up as a blacksmith as a front…
试图修复受损的时光电路
while I attempted to repair the damage of the time circuits.
很不幸 这证明不可能…
Unfortunately, this proved impossible…
因为需要替换的零件要到1947年才会发明
because suitable replacement parts will not be invented until 1947.
然而 钉马掌和修车篷倒是学会了
However, I’ve gotten quite adept at shoeing horses and fixing wagons.
1885 真想不到
1885! Amazing!
我真的回到牛仔时代当铁匠
I actually end up as a blacksmith in the Old West.
有点闷吧
Pretty heavy.
我把德罗林车埋在德尔加多废矿区…
I have buried the DeLorean in the abandoned Delgado Mine…
与老靴山墓地接壤处 在附上的地图中有标记
adjacent to the old Boot Hill Cemetery as shown on the enclosed map.
但愿能原封不动地保存到1955年
Hopefully, it should remain undisturbed and preserved until you uncover it in 1955.
你会在车里找到维修说明
Inside, you will find repair instructions.
1955的我 就是说我
My 1955 counterpart… That’s me.
你能轻易地把它修好 并开着它回到未来
Should have no problem repairing it so that you can drive it back to the future.
一旦你回到1985年 就把这时光机器毁掉
Once you have returned to 1985, destroy the time machine.
-把它毁掉? -说来话长 博士
-Destroy it? -It’s a long story, Doc.
我再说一次 不要尝试回来救我
I repeat, do not attempt to come back here to get me.
我很高兴能呼吸清新空气…
I am perfectly happy living in the fresh air…
和在广阔空间生活
and wide-open spaces.
我认为 没必要的时光旅行…
I fear that unnecessary time travel…
只会破坏时空的连续性
only risks further disruption of the space-time continuum.
还有 请替我照顾爱因斯坦
And please take care of Einstein for me.
爱因斯坦?
Einstein?
你的狗 博士 1985年你叫它爱因斯坦
He’s your dog, Doc. Einstein is what you call your dog in 1985.
我知道你会给他一个舒服的窝
I know you will give him a good home.
记着每天带他散步两次 还有他只喜欢罐头狗食
Remember to walk him twice a day and that he only likes canned dog food.
这些是我的愿望 请尊重并执行它
These are my wishes. Please respect and follow them.
马提 我在此向你道别 祝你一路平安
And so, Marty, I now say farewell and wish you Godspeed.
你是个好小伙 我忠实的朋友…
You’ve been a good, kind, and loyal friend to me…
在我一生中你非常重要
and you made a real difference in my life.
我将永远珍惜我们的友谊 回想我们的美好时光…
I will always treasure our relationship and think of you with fond memories…
温暖的感受将永远留在我心里
warm feelings and a special place in my heart.
艾米.L.布朗博士
Your friend in time, Doc Emmett L. Brown.
1885年9月1日
September 1, 1885.
我不知道我能写得如此感人
I never knew I could write anything so touching.
我知道 写的很好
I know, it’s beautiful.
别难过 哥白尼 一切都会好的
It’s all right, Copernicus. Everything will be fine.
对不起 你被困在那里都是我的错
I’m sorry. It’s all my fault you’re stuck back there.
我不该让毕福逮到
I never should’ve let Biff get to me.
西部时代也不算太糟
There are plenty worse places to be than the Old West.
好在没会回黑暗时代
I could have ended up in the Dark Ages.
他们可能会把我当作异教♥徒♥烧死在柱子上
They probably would have burned me at the stake as a heretic.
来看看这地图
Let’s look at the map.
图上说 时光旅行车被封在支线隧♥道♥里
According to this, the time vehicle is sealed off in a side tunnel.
我们可能要炸开它
We may have to blast.
我想你把死人都吵醒了
I think you woke up the dead with that blast.
拿着这照相机 我要将这一切都记录下来
Take this camera. I want to document everything!
这让我想起 我当年尝试到地心去探险的事
This reminds me of the time I attempted to reach the center of the Earth.
我读了我最喜欢的作家的书 朱尔斯逢恩
I’d been reading my favorite author, Jules Verne.
我花了数周来准备探险 但都没走得这么远
I spent weeks preparing that expedition. I didn’t even get this far.
但话又说回来 我当时才12岁
Of course, I was only 12 at the time.
你知道 朱尔斯逢恩所写的书…
You know, it was the writings of Jules Verne…
对我的一生造成了深远的影响
that had a profound effect on my life.
11岁时 第一次读海底两万哩
When I was 11, I first read 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.
我那时就明白 我的一生将献给科学
It was then that I realized I must devote my life to science.
你看看这个
Check it out. Look at this.
我名字的缩写
My initials!
就和地心探险记里一样
Just like in Journey to the Center of the Earth!
这表示时光旅行车就在这墙里面
That means the time machine must be right through this wall!
它已经埋在这里7O年2个月又13天之久
It’s been buried in here for 70 years, two months and 13 days.
真不简单
Astounding!
你可以看到 那道闪电让时间电路控制芯片短路了
As you see, the lightning bolt shorted out the time-circuit control chip.
附上的…
The attached…
电路图
Schematic.
电路图将帮助你…
Schematic diagram will allow you to build a replacement unit…
用1955年的零件就能恢复时光机器的功能
with 1955 components, thus restoring the time machine to perfect working order.
难以置信 这小玩意儿会是个大问题
Unbelievable that this little piece of junk could be such a big problem.
难怪这玩意儿会坏掉 这上面写着 日本制♥造♥
No wonder this circuit failed. It says, “Made in Japan.”
你这话是什么意思? 最好的东西都是日本制♥造♥
What do you mean, Doc? All the best stuff is made in Japan.
难以置信
Unbelievable!
你知道 当我是个孩子时候 我很想做一个牛仔
You know, when I was a kid, I always wanted to be a cowboy.
知道我将在过去的年代渡过余生…
Now, knowing I’m spending my future in the past…
像是找到个打发退休时光的好办法
it sounds like a wonderful way to spend my retirement years.
我刚刚想到 既然我回到了1885年
It just occurred to me, since I end up in 1885…
也许我被写进历史书了
perhaps I’m now in the history books. I wonder.
我在想 能不能在旧报纸上找到我?
Could I look myself up in the old newspaper archives?
我不知道
I don’t know.