是的 维吉尼亚
真的有圣诞老人
就快做好啦
Almost got it.
能给我看看吗
Can I see it now?
求你了
Please.
奥利 你妈妈说 你要听话才能过来玩
Your mom said you could only come over if you were good.
老实待着吧
So be good.
维吉尼亚 给我看看嘛
Come on, Virginia. Let me look at it.
是靴子
Boots.
是圣诞老人 那是什么
Santa. What’s that thing?
那是他装礼物用的包裹
It’s his bag of toys.
给全世界孩子的礼物
You know, for kids all over the world.
维吉尼亚 圣诞老人总是站在街角
Hey, Virginia. How can Santa make toys
他哪有时间去送礼物呢
When he’s always standing on the street corner?
-你说什么 -他对着人们喊话
– What? – He just yells at people
还不停地摇着铃
And rings his bell.
奥利 我想那不是真的圣诞老人
Ollie, I don’t think that’s really Santa.
他是 我见过的 我打赌他现在还在那里
It is. I saw him. I bet he’s there right now.
我们去看看吧
Let’s go.
亲爱的 看看这个
Dear, listen to this.
一辆在地下行驶的火车穿越了整个城市
A train that runs underground across the whole city.
听起来有一点点玄
Sounds a little far-fetched, dear.
据《纽约太阳报》报道
According to thenew York Sun
是在复杂隧♥道♥系统里的有轨电车
That’s a streetcar inside a complex system of tunnels.
-亲爱的 如果《太阳报》说有 -我知道
– Honey, if you see it in The Sun – I know.
-如果《太阳报》说有 -那就是真的
– If you see it in The Sun… – It’s so.
我们快走
Go…
-我比你快 -才不是呢 我赢咯
– I’m gonna beat you. – That’s what you think. Victory.
你们要去哪里啊
And where are you off to?
-我们要去看圣诞老人 -晚饭时回来
– We’re going to see Santa. – Back by supper.
往桶里投一美分吧 捐一点零钱
Put a penny in the bucket. Penny to help the poor.
行行好吧 圣诞快到啦
Come on. It’s Christmas. Peace on Earth.
圣诞老人 美妙时光 铃儿响叮当
Goodwill among men. Jingle all the way.
先生 捐一美分吧 就一分钱
You, sir. One penny. Just one.
不了 今天不行
No, thank you. Not today.
弗兰克 弗朗西斯·丘奇
Frank? Francis Church!
见到你真高兴
Always a pleasure.
报社还好吗
How are things at the paper?
和你在的时候一样
Uh, same as when you worked there.
坏消息 更糟的消息 还有噩耗
Bad news, worse news, and awful news.
依我看 这种情况下 我们有两个选择
Sir, the way I see it, in times like these we have two choices:
要么发布坏消息 要么制♥造♥好消息
Report bad news or make good news.
捐一两个子对某些人来说就是好消息
And a penny or two would certainly be good news to somebody out there.
我保证这点钱起不了什么作用
I guarantee you one penny won’t do any good.
当然有用 弗兰克
Of course it will, Frank.
所以人们才称之为零钱
That’s why they call it change.
你从来都一无是处
You always were terrible at headlines.
在这里捐一点钱
Put a penny in the bucket!
把我的桶里捐点钱吧
You’ve got the pennies. I’ve got the bucket.
但是 奥利 圣诞老人住在北极
But, Ollie, Santa lives at the North Pole.
我和爸爸来过这里 圣诞老人告诉他…
I was here with my papa, and Santa told him to…
来捐点钱吧
Put a penny in the bucket!
我跟你说过吧 就是他
I told you. It’s him.
为什么…孩子们 你们好
Why, uh, um.. Hello, children.
你们今年乖不乖啊
Hope you’ve been good this year.
这里是不是比北极暖和多了呢
Much warmer here than at the uh, North Pole.
他不是圣诞老人
He’s not Santa.
你说得对 我不是 装得都不像
You’re right. Not Santa. Not even close.
那你为什么要假扮圣诞老人
Then why are you pretending to be him?
我想你可以认为 我为他工作
Uh, well, I guess you can say I work for him.
你为圣诞老人工作?
You work for Santa?
如果圣诞老人来这里
I’m just doing whatever
他也会做和我一样的事情
Santa would be doing if he were here
但他来不了 因为他太忙了
Which he’s not, ’cause he is extremely busy.
奥利 我们走 他只不过是个冒牌货
Come on, Ollie. He’s just some scraggly guy.
再见 冒牌货
Bye, scraggly Santa.
真正的圣诞老人一定在…
The real Santa must be, um…
别的什么地方
Somewhere else.
不对 该我了
No, I get it.
别作弊
Don’t cheat!
-维吉尼亚 -你们去哪儿了
– Hey, Virginia. – Where have you been?
我们去看圣诞老人了 但他只是个冒牌货
We went to see Santa, but he really wasn’t Santa.
他只有一件红色外套而已 就像这个
He just has a red coat. Like this.
奥利 不要打开
Ollie, no.
太漂亮了
Wow. It’s so pretty.
去年 圣诞老人送给我一辆玩具火车
Last year, Santa brought me a train set.
他给我买♥♥了一套玩偶之家
He brought me a dollhouse.
送给我一个海盗玩具
I got a bow and arrow!
圣诞老人没给你买♥♥个奶瓶吗
Did Santa bring you a baby bottle, too?
夏洛特
Hey, Charlotte.
瞧瞧 这是什么啊
What do we have here?
真稀罕啊
How precious.
这看起来很像真的圣诞老人
It looks just like the real Santa.
你们都相信圣诞老人真的存在吗
You all still think Santa’s real?
真是可笑 圣诞老人根本不存在
Oh, that’s hysterical. Santa doesn’t really exist.
你怎么知道的
How do you know?
等你们九岁半的时候 也会明白的
Maybe when you’re nine and a half, you’ll understand.
要一夜之间环游全球 这根本不可能
There’s no way someone could circumnavigate the world in one night.
这我倒是从没想过
I never thought of that.
还有 那么圆滚滚的人根本不可能钻过烟囱
And a person that rotund could never fit down a chimney.
也是
Um, yeah.
这都是胡说
That doesn’t mean anything.
你不能证明圣诞老人不存在
You can’t prove Santa’s not real.
你也不证明他存在啊
You can’t prove he is.
-也许我能 -别那么幼稚了 维吉尼亚
– Maybe I can. – Grow up, Virginia.
你真的相信
You really believe
会有一个老家伙带着礼物偷偷跑进你家吗
That an old man sneaks into your house and brings you toys?
真是小孩子
It’s infantile.
那都是骗小孩子的
It’s baby stuff!
还给我
Hey, give it back!
最好当个乖小孩
Better behave, or
不然圣诞老人不会给你礼物哟
Santa won’t bring you any presents.
夏洛特 把东西拿过来
Give her the book, Charlotte.
怎么 小孩要哭了吗
Is the baby going to cry?
住手
Stop it.
小心
Look out!
醒醒吧 维吉尼亚
Face it, Virginia.
根本没有什么圣诞老人
There is no Santa Claus.
愿望计量器(3格)
[给圣诞老人写信的人的数量]
找到了 圣诞老人
Ah, here we are. Santa Claus.
天啊 我们有世界各地的版本
Oh, my. We’ve got books from all over the world here!
我们为什么要看这么多书
Why do we need so many books?
我们要证明圣诞老人真实存在
We need to prove that Santa Claus is real.
在英格兰 他被称作”圣诞老爸”
In England, his name is Father Christmas.
在荷兰 他被称作”圣诞老公公”
In Holland, he’s called Sintirklass.
在爱沙尼亚 他被称作”圣诞爹爹”
In Estonia, he’s Juluvana!
-圣诞老爷爷 -圣诞老豆
– Kriss Kringle. – Gwiazdor.
瑞典的圣图老人
Tomten in Sweden.
日本的圣达老人
Hotei-osho in Japan!
在俄♥罗♥斯♥叫”德·莫罗斯”
Ded Moroz in Russia.
“柏斯尼考”是什么
What’s a Belsnickel?
-圣诞老人村 -在希腊名为”尼古拉斯”
– Joulupukki. – Agios Nikolaos in Greece.
在土耳其称为”阿格·巴巴”
Agios Baba in Turkey.
还有一个叫做”烟囱里的约翰”
Here’s a good one: Chimney john.
这个名字简单易懂
Now, that’s nice and simple.
看这本 他骑着驴
Look at this. He rides on a donkey.
他有一头巨大的鹿
He has a giant goat.
-他住在芬兰 -是格陵兰
– He lives in Finland. – Greenland.
是北极
The North Pole!
这些都很有意思
It’s all interesting,
但没有一本能证明圣诞老人确实存在
But none of this tells me if Santa is real.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!