THIS IS A TRUE STORY
这是一个真实的故事
The events depicted in this film took place in Minnesota in 1987.
本片所述事件发生于 1987年的明尼苏达州
At the request of the survivors, the names have been changed.
应生还者要求 所有人名已被改变
Out of respect for the dead,
出于对受害者尊重
the rest has been told exactly as it occurred.
其余完全依据事实…
I’m Jerry Lundegaard.
我是杰瑞·朗迪加德
You’re Jerry Lundegaard? Yah.
你是杰瑞·朗迪加德?
Shep said…
谢泼说…
Shep said you’d be here at 7:30. What gives, man?
谢泼说你七点半到的 你怎么了?
Shep said 8:30.
谢泼对我说是八点半
We’ve been sitting here an hour. He’s peed three times already.
我们已来了一小时 他已尿了三次
I’m sure sorry. Shep told me 8:30.
抱歉 谢泼跟我说是八点半
It was a mix-up, I guess.
可能有点误会
You got the car?
车子准备好了吗?
Yah, you bet.
当然
It’s out in the lot there, brand-new Ciera.
就在停车场 全新的西拉
Yeah, okay. Well, sit down, then.
好的 坐下来吧
I’m Carl Showalter.
我叫卡尔·苏华德
This is my associate, Gaear Grimsrud.
这是我同事 杰瑞·甘士鲁
Yah, how ya doing? So we all set on this thing, then?
你好 那这件事一切安排好了吗?
Sure, we’re set. Why wouldn’t we be? Yah, I’m sure you are.
当然啦 怎么可能没有? 我确信也是
Shep vouched for you. I got every confidence in you fellas.
当然 谢泼推荐的 我对你们有信心
I guess that’s it, then.
就这样吧
Here are the keys.
车钥匙在这里
No, that’s not it.
不 不是就这样 杰瑞
Huh? The new vehicle plus $40,000.
是那新车 加上四万元
Yah, but the deal was…
不 但讲好的是
…the car first, then the $40,000, like as if it was the ransom.
先给车 拿到赎金后再付四万元
I thought Shep told you. Shep didn’t tell us much.
我以为谢泼告诉你了 谢泼说的不多 杰瑞…
Well, okay… Except that you’d be here at 7:30.
除了说你会七点半到此
Well, that was a mixup.
那是个误会
Yeah, you already said that.
你刚才已说过了
Yah, but it’s not a whole pay-in-advance deal.
但这不是个先付钱的交易
See, I give you a brand-new vehicle in advance…
好吗? 我先给你们一辆新车 然后…
I’m not gonna debate you.
杰瑞 我不想和你争论
Okay.
好吧
I’m not gonna sit here and debate.
我不想坐在这里和你争论
I’ll say this though, what Shep told us didn’t make much sense.
我只能说 谢泼跟我们说的 听来很荒谬
Oh, no, it’s real sound. It’s all worked out.
不 不会有问题 一定行的通的
You want your own wife kidnapped? -Yeah
你要绑♥架♥你自己老婆? 对
You…My point is, you pay the ransom, what, 80,000 bucks?
你… 我意思是 那八万元赎款由你来付
I mean, you give us half the ransom, $40,000. You keep half.
你给我们一半 自己留一半
It’s like robbing Peter to pay Paul. Makes no sense.
左手交给右手 合情理吗?
Okay. See, it’s not me paying the ransom.
赎款不是我付的
The thing is, my wife, she’s wealthy.
我太太很有钱
Her dad, he’s real well-off.
他父亲是个富翁
I’m in a bit of trouble.
我现在有点麻烦
What kind of trouble are you in?
什么麻烦 杰瑞?
That’s… I’m not gonna get into…
嗯 那是…我不想涉入…
See, I just need the money.
我就是很需要那笔钱
Now, her dad, he’s real well-off.
他父亲真的很富有
Why not ask him for the money?
那为何不直接向他要钱呢?
Or your fucking wife. Or your wife, Jerry.
或是问你太太 对 你可向太太开口的 杰瑞
Well…
这都是…
…it’s all part of this…
第一
They don’t know I need it, see.
他们不知我需要钱
So there. And even if they did, I wouldn’t get it.
第二 就算他们知道 也不会给我
So there’s that on top. See, these are personal matters.
这些都是私事
Personal matters?
私事?
Personal matters that needn’t…
是的 都是私事 不该…
Okay, Jerry. You’re tasking us to perform this mission…
杰瑞 你要我们帮你执行一件事
…but you won’t… You won’t…
但你却不肯…不肯…
Fuck it, let’s take a look at that Ciera.
管他的 去看看那西拉汽车吧
Hon?
亲爱的?
Hi, hon. Welcome back.
亲爱的! 你回来了?
How was Fargo?
法戈好玩吗?
Real good.
不错
Dad’s here.
爸爸来了
How’re ya doing, Wade?
韦德 你好吗?
Yah, pretty good.
很好
What ya watching there?
你在看什么?
Gophers.
地鼠
Who they playing?
对抗那一队?
Is he staying for supper, then?
他要留下来吃晚餐?
Yah, I think so.
我想是的
Dad? What?
爸爸? 什么事?
Are you staying for supper?
要留下来吃晚餐吗?
Yeah.
好的
May I be excused? What?
我可以下桌了吗? 什么?
You done there?
你吃完了吗?
I’m going out. Where are you going?
嗯…我要外出 你要到那儿去?
Just McDonald’s. Back at 9:30.
麦当劳 九点半回到家来
Ok
好吧
He just ate. He’s going to McDonald’s instead of finishing here.
他只吃了一点 还没吃完 为何要到麦当劳去吃?
He sees his friends there. It’s okay.
他约了朋友 没关系的
It’s okay, McDonald’s? What do you think they do there?
没关系? 你以为他们去干嘛?
They don’t drink shakes.
我肯定他们不会只是喝奶昔
It’s okay, Dad.
爸爸 没关系的
Wade, have you had a chance to think about…
韦德 有考虑过我的建议吗?
…that deal I talked about? Those 40 acres on Wayzata.
在威札塔的那块四十英亩土地?
You told me about it.
你跟我说过的那块?
You said you’d think about it. I know it’s a lot of money.
是的 你说你要想一想 我知道那要不少钱
It’s a heck of a lot. What’d you say you’ll put there?
那可真是不少 你说要用它来干吗?
A lot. It’s a limited… I know it’s a lot.
停车场(很多) 我知道要很多钱
I mean, a parking lot.
我意思是停车场
Well, $750,000 is a lot.
是的 七十五万真的是个大数目
Yah, it’s a chunk, but…
对 那是一大块…
I had a couple of lots, late ’50s, lost a lot of money.
五十年代未 我有过 两个停车场 损失惨重
Yeah,but did you…
对 但不同的是…
I thought you were gonna show to Stan Grossman.
何不先拿去给史丹·古士曼看一下?
He passes on this stuff before it gets to me.
他看了觉得可以就会转给我
Stan’ll say no dice. That’s why you pay him.
史丹不赌博 这就是为什么你雇用他
I’m asking you.
韦德 我在这里求你
This could work out real good for me, Jean and Scotty.
这对我 简 和史考特都有好处的
Jean and Scotty never have to worry.
简和史考特从来就不用担心
Where is pancakes house?
薄饼屋在哪里?
What? We stop at pancakes house.
什么? 我们在薄饼屋停一下
Are you nuts? We had pancakes for breakfast.
你疯了吗? 早餐才吃过薄饼
Gotta go to a place where I can get a shot, a beer, steak maybe…
我要去有啤酒和牛排的地方
…not more fucking pancakes. Come on.
我不想再吃薄饼 拜托
Oh, come on, man!
别这样 老兄
Okay, here’s an idea.
好吧 我有个主意
We can stop at Brainerd.
我们可在布瑞内德镇外停一下
I know a place there we can get laid.
我知道个地方有女人可爽一下
I’m fucking hungry now, you know. Yeah, Jesus.
但我现在饿得要命啊 好吧 老天
I’m saying, we can stop, get pancakes, and then we’ll get laid.
我们先去吃薄饼 然后再去找女人 好吗?
We sat right here in this room and went over this.
我们坐在这房♥间里 已讨论过不少次
Yah, but that TruCoat…
是的 但那防锈处理…
I sat here and said I didn’t want any TruCoat.
我在这里说过 我不想要防锈处理
Yah, but that TruCoat,
是的 但我是说
you don’t get it, you get oxidation problems.
不要防锈处理的话 你的车会有氧化的问题
It’ll cost you more than $500.
那就会要你多付出五百多元
You’re sitting there, talking in circles, like we didn’t go over this.
我们坐在里绕圈子 像从未谈过似的
But this TruCoat…
是的 但这防锈处理…
We had a deal for $19,500. You sat there…
我们讲好了价钱一万九千五
…and said you’d get me this car without the sealant for $19,500.
…你绝没说防锈处理是不含在内的
I’m not saying I didn’t.
好吧 我不是说我没讲过
You called me and said you had it ready for delivery, come and get it.
二十分钟前 你打电♥话♥叫我来取车的
And here you are, wasting my time and my wife’s time.
看看现在 你在浪费我和我太太的时间
I’m paying $19,500 for this vehicle.
这车我只会付一万九千五的