Blue One to Blue Two, checkpoint Alpha Bravo has been reached.
蓝一向蓝二移♥动♥中 A连 B连 已到达检查站
Copy, Leader One.
收到长官 [2004年4月9日]
Blue Two, we have a suspicious vehicle on the right
蓝二我们右边有可疑车辆
moving pretty fast. Over.
快速移♥动♥中! 完毕
Army Corps Four, is he slowing down?
军械士? 他减速了吗?
Blue One, why are you driving so slow?
蓝一你开车很慢?
You worried about getting a ticket? Over.
担心罚单? 完毕
Sorry, guys. Just rubbing one out.
抱歉啦! 有点小摩擦
Phelps is down! Phelps is down
菲尔普斯倒下了! [本片是基于一个真实的事件]
Good morning, sir. Good morning.
早安 长官 早安
Once we’re quartered, we’ll give you a rundown
今天的将简报逐一检视
On battalion-and squadron-level readiness
作战力评估报告
and today’s brief will focus on First Marine Division.
重点放在海军陆战队第一师
The slide indicates that personnel readiness 1st MarDiv
第一陆战师 根据幻灯片 如报告中的个人作战能力
is not as bad as they are reporting.
情况不是很糟
However, sir, as you are aware, last Friday they made a request
长官 总结以上原因 上星期五
for 300 additional augments.
他们要求增加300人的部队
Uh, given the insurgency in Al-Anbar
因为安巴尔有动♥乱♥
and the recent spike in casualties,
以及新近伤亡增加
it’s not surprising that they made this request.
难怪他们提出这个请求
Sir, it’s my recommendation to just send enough augments
长官我建议给他们增加足够人员
to cover their casualties of last month.
补充上个月因伤亡人员不足数
How many of you have been in Iraq since 9/11?
你们有谁从9/11就一直待在伊♥拉♥克♥?
I know you’ve spent a lot of time on these reports, but I cannot have
我知道这些报告你花了很多时间
a bunch of analysts contradict the commanders on the ground.
不就是文官幕僚搞的纸上谈兵
I don’t know. With all this administrative crap,
搞不懂这是行政程序还是官僚….
it makes you wonder if we’re losing focus on what really matters.
但重要的是不要忽略事实焦点
Sometimes I wish I was over there.
我都有上战场的念头
I don’t know, sir. be careful what you wish for, right?
你要慎重考虑一下 好吗?
Hey, dad.
嗨 爸爸!
Hello, everybody. Hi.
大家好? 嗨 爸爸
Guess who came in first in her swim meet.
你猜谁赢得游泳比赛
Let me guess.
让我猜
You? High-five. That’s great!
你吗? 击掌! 太好了!
Hey, listen, guys, how about we get some homework done before dinner?
喂 听我说 小朋友们先做完功课再吃饭?
I think that sounds like a great idea. Hup hup hup.
这是一个好主意!
What are you cooking here?
什么菜?
White chicken chili with a balsamic reduction.
白酱辣子鸡
You’re getting creative. Oh, shut up.
你越来越厉害喔! 喔 不许说!
Let us pray.
默哀
Ready. Down.
准备 开始
Ready, two… Present arms!
准备 起… 敬礼
Forward march.
齐步走
Hut. Hut.
一 二
Bearers, halt.
立定
That is not nice.
那不好
Dad, I think I got all of the words right,
爸爸 我想应该都拼完了
But I’m not sure.
猜的啦
I’ll throw a quick one at you right now. “Tortellini.”
这个比较简单 “Tortellini ”
I don’t know.
我不会啦
Sir, last night I read the D.O.D. announcement about P.F.C. Phelps.
长官 我昨天晚上看到有关 菲尔普斯的阵亡名单
He is from my home town, Clifton, Colorado.
他是我的同乡 柯利福顿 科罗拉多
I don’t know if this falls to us
我认为这不论对海军陆战队与国防部
or to the Pentagon, but, sir,
我们都是沉痛的 但是 长官
if the duty does fall to us,
基于荣誉职责所在
I would be honored to escort him home.
我想尊严护送他回家
It’s a little unusual for an officer to escort a P.F.C.
军官护送士兵有点不合常规
Yes, sir, I know that,
是的 长官 我知道
But I would very much like to do it, sir.
长官 但是我很乐意完成他
I’m going out of town for a few days. I’m being picked up at 6:00.
我会离家几天 六点出发
Tomorrow morning? Yeah.
明天上午吗? 是的
I volunteered for escort duty.
我自愿参加护送任务
There was this private first class killed in Iraq…young kid.
有位在伊♥拉♥克♥阵亡的年轻上等兵
He’s from Clifton. I volunteered to take him home.
他是柯利福顿人 我自愿护送他回家
Wh-what is this about, Mike?
为什么? 麦克?
It’s not about anything. He’s from Clifton, That’s all.
也不是因为他来自柯利福顿 就这样了
It’s gonna be a quick trip, Stace.
不就一个短程旅途 史黛斯
I’ll be back next week.
下礼拜就回来了
Please tell the family I’m so sorry for their loss.
请代我向他家人挚上最高的敬意
I will.
我会的
I love you.
我爱你
The remains are to travel feet first
遗体踏上归途中
when being transported from one point to another.
在每个转运站与停留地点
At every stop, you must ensure that the remains have been correctly loaded.
你必须确认无误
At each transfer point,
在每个转运站
regardless of the mode of transport,
不管运输的方式
you will render honors.
你将给予战士最高的荣誉
Your duty is not complete
你们的职责是
until you have delivered the remains to the funeral director.
将战士遗体交付家属
Escorts are not required to stay for the funeral.
护送任务没有特别要求参加葬礼
However, should you decide to stay,
不过 你可以自行决定
there are specific guidelines for meeting the family.
这里有些接见家属的注意事项
At no point are you to discuss
你不要谈论臆测
the nature of the deceased’s death,
战士殉职的原因
nor are you to speculate on the activities surrounding the death.
战士殉职的任务
You may deliver the personal effects directly to the next of kin.
你会将战士遗物交付家属
These effects must stay on your person
这些都会影响到你个人
At all times until delivery.
直到完成护送任务
Gentlemen, we have our first departure of the day.
各位 我们将开始出发
We form about in the drive and render honors as all remains depart.
出发前我们给予最高的军礼
Detail, attention!
全体 注意
Present arms!
敬礼
Order arms!
礼毕
Present arms!
敬礼
Dismissed!
解散
I’m afraid we’ve taken a lot of casualties this week.
我们这星期新增许多伤亡
He’s not ready for departure today.
恐怕他今天还没准备好离开
but not what he completes in his lifetime.
但他完成了他的一生
Imagine an evolution occurring over eons…
难以想像一个演变发生了
The attack tonight comes amid rising violence
记者: 今晚的恐怖攻击暴♥力♥不断升级
between insurgents and coalition troops throughout Iraq.
伊♥拉♥克♥陷入♥联♥军与叛乱分子战火之间
Marines in Fallujah today pushed into the chaotic city from several directions.
今天海军陆战队士兵 向混乱的Fallujah推进合击
They met with heavy fire from assault rifles and rocket-propelled grenades.
他们受到猛烈突击步♥枪♥火力 及火箭弹的攻击
I bet you didn’t know marines could sew.
我打赌你不知道海军陆战队士兵会缝纫
He was quite impresse, your P.F.C.
你的上等兵令人印象深刻
He’s so decorated for such a young man.
他会是一个英气挺拔的年轻人
I didn’t know him.
我不认识他
Well, you can be sure that his uniform will be perfect.
嗯 他的军礼服将是完美的
Appreciate it, colonel.
非常感谢 上校
You know, whether it’s now or later, it doesn’t matter.
对了 以后也许用的上
But just in case…
只是以防万一…
He’s a military shrink. it’s all confidential.
有一军队心理复建医生 保密的
Oh no. I’m good, thanks.
噢不用了 我很好 谢谢
It’s just an F.Y.I.
那只是建议参考
Colonel Strobl, sir, you’ll be leaving in about 15 minutes.
上校 大约15 分钟后将出发
Transport will deliver you to Philadelphia airport
将送你到费城机场
with your final destination, Dubois, Wyoming.
目的地 Dubois 怀俄明
Wyoming?
怀俄明吗?
I thought I was on my way to Colorado…Clifton.
我以为是到科罗拉多…柯利福顿
He joined up out in Colorado, but his parents lived in Wyoming.
他是在科罗拉多参军 但是他的父母现住在怀俄明
That’s where his family wants him buried.
遗属想要在那里安葬他
That all right? Of course.
可以吗? 当然
I have P.F.C. Phelps’s personal effects.
我有上等兵费尔普斯的遗物
We’ll now do our inventory and turnover.
我们现在核对单据点收一下
Sir, Phelps’s parents are divorced,
长官 费尔普斯的父母离婚了
so you’ll have an extra flag to present to them.
所以你会多带面旗给他们
That way, the mother and the father will each get one.
这样 父母亲双方可以各自拥有国旗
If you could make sure everything’s here, then sign the inventory.
请确认无误后 在清单上签字
I also have a letter
我这还有一封信
Phelps’s platoon commander wrote to the family.
是费尔普斯部队指挥官的慰问信