That all you got?
你们就这点本事?
It’s gonna take more than a few firecrackers to kill Danny Greene.
要杀我丹尼·格利还得多来几个小炮仗
The Cadillac, it was Danny Greene’s.
那辆凯迪拉克 是丹尼·格利的
Put a 24-hour tail on him.
派人24小时跟踪他
The Irish have this expression, He’s a man you don’t meet every day.
爱尔兰人有这么一个说法 “他可不是泛泛之流”
That was Danny, all right.
没错 那就是丹尼
We both grew up on the east side, in Collinwood.
我们都在贫民区克林伍德长大
Danny was an orphan.
丹尼是个孤儿
He was raised by his grandfather in a dump on Waterloo Road.
他祖父在滑铁卢路的垃圾场把他养大
He was a good athlete. Made All-Metro in basketball and baseball.
他体育很棒 篮球和棒球都是一把好手
School held no interest.
他对学校毫无兴趣
Danny was already marching to a different tune.
丹尼已然是不走寻常路
Back then everything in Cleveland was controlled by the Mafia,
那时克利夫兰全权由黑♥手♥党♥控制
which had been run since the ’40s by one man. John Scalish.
40年代起 这个组织便是一人一手遮天 约翰·史盖瑞
Every day after school, it was Danny and his friend Billy McComber
每天放学后 丹尼都和他的朋友比利·麦库姆
against this one group of Sicilian kids.
一起对抗一帮西西里岛的孩子
I don’t know why they hated Danny so much.
我不明白他们为什么那么恨丹尼
You know what they say, Kids will be kids.
你知道的 “孩子就是孩子”
As for me, I joined Cleveland P.D. At age 18.
而我呢 在18岁的时候加入了克利夫兰警♥察♥局
After 12 years, I made detective,
12年后 我成了警探
investigating organised crime on the Lake Erie shore.
调查伊利湖海岸的犯罪团伙
All right, listen up, men. Grainbarten.
好了 听着 大家 格林巴坦
Here.
到
Nungester, William. Here!
南杰斯特·威廉 到!
Harlet, Roger. Here!
哈尔莱·罗杰 到!
Heuler, Leo. Here.
修勒·里奥 到
Walton, William. Greene, Daniel.
沃尔顿·威廉 格利·丹尼尔
Sneperger, Arthur. Walter, George. McComber, William.
斯奈普杰·亚瑟 沃尔特·乔治 麦库姆·威廉
Oh, great. It’s only 91.
真不错 才91度[约摄氏33度]
Wait till noon.
等中午再看看
What is that?
那是什么?
It’s one of those container ships out of New Orleans.
从纽奥良开来的集装箱船
They’re gonna put us all out of business.
它们会让咱都破产的
And who told you that? Danny? Yeah.
谁告诉你这些的? 丹尼? 是啊
Where’s he learn that shit?
他从哪知道这些乱七八糟的?
He reads.
看书看来的
I read.
我也看书啊
Comics don’t count, Art.
漫画可不算 奥特
You got him? Yeah, ready?
抓紧他没? 嗯 准备好了?
Turn that thing off!
把那个关了!
What’s this all about?
这怎么一回事?
You know the rules. Temperature hits 110, we’re done.
你知道规定的 温度到110度 我们就停工
I got a contract to unload these barges…
合约说今晚之前…
by close of day, and I will fulfil that contract.
这些船要卸空 那它们就一定得卸空
Someone’s gonna die in there.
会有人死在这儿的
Who? Him?
谁? 他?
Looks fine to me. In the pink.
我看他好得很 满面红光
If you wanna continue working in this union, quit your belly-achin’
你们要还想待在这工会 牢骚都给我咽下去
and get back up there.
然后滚回去工作
Come on, Danny.
算了 丹尼
Ice him down.
让他凉快下
You know, Danny, we at the national chapter don’t support Brooke.
丹尼 全国分会选举上 我们不再支持布鲁克了
He doesn’t care about the rank and file, and that’s a problem.
他无视条款和文件 这就是问题所在
You ever think about running against him?
你有想过和他一起竞选吗?
Union president? I don’t know, Mr Gilroy.
工会主席? 我不知道 吉尔雷先生
The guys look up to you. I’ve seen it.
我亲眼所见 工人们都很仰仗你
I didn’t even finish high school.
我连高中都没上完
So what? You read the entire Library of Congress.
那又怎样? 你可把国会图书馆的书都读过了
Think about it.
好好想想吧
Here you are, boys.
小伙子们 你们的酒
I’m Art. I’m Billy.
我是奥特 我是比利
Hi, Art. Hi, Billy.
你好 奥特 你好 比利
Uh… Who’s your friend?
呃… 你们那朋友是谁?
No, no, don’t bother. He doesn’t like girls.
不不 别想他了 他都不喜欢女生
What you got there?
你在看什么?
A little light reading, huh?
读点东西消遣下 啊?
Yeah.
是啊
My family’s from Kildare. Nice.
我从基尔代尔来的 挺好
Your friends said that you don’t like girls.
你朋友说你不喜欢女孩
They’re being ironic.
又挖苦我呢
Gotcha.
明白
You know where you say the opposite for laughs?
能想到什么反话来嘲笑下他们吗?
Well, I think that you are the ugliest man on Lake Erie
我觉得你是伊利湖这最难看的男人
and I’d rather kiss Richard Nixon.
我宁愿吻理查·尼克森 也不愿吻你
Got that?
懂我没?
Why don’t you read that?
怎么不看看这个?
I never do this. Really.
我从没这样过 真的
What makes me so special?
为什么看上我了?
‘Cause you’re different than all those idiots.
你和那些傻子不同 你很特别
Danny. I’m in trouble. I’m in really big trouble.
丹尼 我闯祸了 闯大祸了
Go.
去吧
It’s in there.
就在那儿
Wait here.
在这等着
I’m a friend of Art Sneperger’s.
我是奥特·斯奈普杰的朋友
Oh, yeah? Well, Sneperger’s got no friends here.
是么? 他在这儿可没朋友
Come over here.
过来
Well, it looks like your friend owes us a lotta money.
你的朋友可欠我们不少钱啊
He can’t pay.
他付不起
You came here to John Nardi’s casino to tell him that your friend can’t pay?
你来约翰·纳迪的赌场就为了告诉他 你朋友给不起钱?
You know who he is?
你知道他是谁么?
Everyone in Cleveland knows who John Nardi is.
克利夫兰没有谁不知道约翰·纳迪的大名
I got a proposition.
我有个提议
You believe this fuckin’ guy?
你相信这混球?
Well, let’s hear what he’s gotta say.
咱们来听听他有什么可说的
I took care of it. What?
我处理好了 什么?
I want one thing in return.
我要一个回报
You gotta promise me you’ll never gamble again.
你得向我保证 从今往后 再也不去赌博
Yeah. Can you do that, Art?
行 你能做到吗 奥特?
Yeah. Yeah. Yeah.
行啊 行啊
Jesus, Danny!
天啊 丹尼!
Promise me! I promise.
向我发誓! 我发誓
Get outta here.
滚吧
Okay.
好吧
Good call, Danny. This place is like Sears and Roebuck.
真是好主意 丹尼 这地方就像西尔斯罗巴克
We got one more.
又拿了一个
I think there’s four more rotisseraries.
我看还有四个烤肉架没拿呢
Mr Greene. A word with you, please.
格力先生 请来小聊会
What can I do?
我该怎么做?
Tell me, what can I do for you?
告诉我 我该怎样为你服务?
Resign.
辞职
That’s out of the question.
无稽之谈
Then I’ll run against you.
那我就和你一起竞选
Runnin’ ploughs on a grain ship’s one thing.
在谷船上挥犁是一回事
Running a union is quite another.
而管理工会又是另一回事了
Think you’re moving up? New career?
觉得自己提升了? 开创新职业了?
I don’t think so.
我可不这么认为
I think you’re gonna tell Mr Gilroy you’re not interested.
我认为你会告诉吉尔雷先生你不感兴趣
And then you’re gonna pay me half of what you been making
而且得把你和你的意大利朋友
with your wop friends in the container yard.
从集装箱场赚的一半分给我
Oh, I didn’t know about that either?
你觉得我连那也不知道?
I got no moral issues with it, mind you. I just want my cut.
我对这事没有任何道德上的纠结 我只想要我的分成
But next time,
不过下次
the Cleveland P.D. Will pay a visit to your house.
克利夫兰的警官可就会去你家喝杯茶
Oh, they’re my friends, too.
他们可是我朋友哦
And then it’s over.
然后 一切都玩完了
You won’t work in any union anywhere.
任何一个工会都不会接纳你
You won’t exist.
你将不复存在
I’ll come to your house and drink all your beer.
我会去你家 喝光你所有啤酒
I’ll visit your girlfriend in the back bedroom.
我会去你卧室 拜访下你的女友
And you, sir, will take it.
而先生你 就自讨苦吃吧