Good evening.
晚上好
As you see, my name is Henri Verdoux.
我名叫亨利·凡尔杜
For 30 years, I was a bank clerk, until the Depression of 1930,
30年来 我一直是一个银行职员
when I found myself unemployed.
我被解雇
Then I became occupied in liquidating members of the opposite sex.
然后我就专注于和异性的”清算”工作
It was a strictly business enterprise to support a home and family.
这可是我的工作
Let me assure you, the career of a Bluebeard is by no means profitable.
我可以向你保证 我这青须公(杀害
Only a person with undaunted optimism would embark on such a venture.
只有一个乐观而无畏的人
Unfortunately, I did.
很不幸 我就是其中之一
What follows is history.
下面就是我的故事
Jean?
珍?
What? Postman. Might be from your sister.
什么?
Yes, it might.
对 可能
Can’t you put that book down and see?
你就不能把书放下一会儿去看看?
I can’t.
不能
Don’t talk that way to your sister.
不要这样和你姐姐说话
Close your mouth. It causes a draft.
闭嘴 不要吵架
Do as you’re told! He won’t do a thing, Phoebe.
照他们吩咐的去做
He should have to! Who’ll make me?
他应该去做
If your father was alive, he’d make you.
如果你的父亲还在
Keep your big feet to yourself, not all over the floor.
收起你的大脚
What about your two submarines?
你那两个大潜水艇呢?
Get up. Do as you’re told!
起来 照他们吩咐的去做
Get your husband up. I’m reading.
把你的老公叫起来 我在看书
Don’t bother. I’ll do it, Carlotta.
不麻烦 我自己来 卡萝塔
There. Now, look what you’ve done!
这下好了 看看你都做了些什么
If you’d gone, it wouldn’t have happened.
如果你去了
Alright, I’ll answer it.
好吧 我去开门
Hold this. Phoebe, be more careful.
拿着
It was an accident.
这只不过是个意外
Look where you’re going. You should both look!
你看着点
I did. Lena got in the way. Alright, don’t shriek.
我已经够当心的了 莉娜挡了我的道
Hey, what the –
嘿 这 –
You old fool! Don’t insult me. I’m not your wife.
你个老笨蛋l
No, one’s enough in this family.
不 这家里有一个就已经够了
If you don’t like this family, you can go.
如果你不喜欢这个家
Don’t worry, some day I’ll do it.
这你别担心 有天我会走的
What is it, anyway? From the Paris National Bank.
这到底是什么?
I knew it. Now what?
我就知道
The bank returned our letter. Letter?
银行将我们的信退了回来
To Thelma. She’s closed her account and left no address.
给茜尔玛的 她已经结清了她的帐户
We should tell the police. Why?
我们该报♥警♥
It’s not like Thelma to cut herself off from her family.
这不像茜尔玛
Thelma can take care of herself.
茜尔玛能照顾她自己
A woman of 50 flitting off to Paris,
一个50岁的女人独自搬往巴黎
marrying a man she’s known two weeks?
去和一个她只认识两星期的人结婚?
Don’t run to the police. We’ve had no word in three months.
不要贸然报♥警♥
So what? She’s on her honeymoon.
那又怎么样?她可能在度蜜月
Hah! Honeymoon.
哈 蜜月
Who’d honeymoon three months with Thelma?
谁在度蜜月?
I don’t like her withdrawing all her money. That’s not Thelma.
我不喜欢她把银行里的钱全部取走
He’s got it all by now. He’d have a job to get it from her.
他现在得到全部了
Look what he’s done already.
看起来他已经得手了
She’s left home, sold her business and married him, all in two weeks.
她离开了家 变卖♥♥了它的产业
He must have a way with women.
他一定对女人很有一套
I’d like to know his technique.
我很想知道他的那些招数
You’re condemning a man you haven’t even met.
你在诅咒一个你从来就没有见过的男人
If he were honest, he wouldn’t avoid us.
如果他诚实的话 就不会躲着我们
Something terrible’s happened to Thelma!
茜尔玛一定遇到了什么麻烦了
You make me tired, all of you.
你们让我感到疲惫 你们所有人
No letter, so she’s been robbed or murdered.
没有信
Nobody said she was murdered. We hope.
没有人说她被人谋杀了
We ought to go to the police now!
我们现在应该去报♥警♥
You’d better wait. You’re all hysterical.
你们最好等等
I think Pierre’s right. Let’s wait a day or two.
我认为皮埃尔是对的
If we don’t hear from her, we’ll go to the police.
如果我们得不到她的消息
Hey, we have a picture of that husband of hers. Where is it?
对了 我们有一张她丈夫的照片 它在哪?
I’ve got it… right here.
在我这 就在这
Funny-looking.
长得很搞笑
Must be a good salesman to sell anything with that face.
这张脸能用来卖♥♥任何东西
How long’s he going to keep that incinerator burning?
他让火堆烧了多久了?
It’s been going for three days.
整整三天了
I haven’t been able to put my washing out.
我还是不能够把我洗的衣服晾出去
Oo-la-la!
哦-啦-啦
You’ll be stepped on. Be careful.
当心 你要是不当心会被踩到的
There.
那里
Good morning, Monsieur. Good morning.
早上好 先生
I have a registered letter for Madame Thelma Varnay.
我这里有一封给茜尔玛·瓦内夫人的挂号♥信
Thank you.
谢谢
Oh, no. Madame will have to sign for it.
哦 不
Oh, I see. Just a moment.
哦 我懂了 稍等
Thelma, darling. A registered letter, my dear. You must sign for it.
茜尔玛 亲爱的 一封挂号♥信
Don’t bother to get out of the bath. Just dry your hands.
你不用从澡缸里出来
There. Here’s a pencil.
这 给你铅笔
There, that’s it.
对 这就行了
Be careful now you don’t catch cold.
当心 别感冒了
There.
给你
Thank you, Monsieur. Good morning. Good morning.
谢谢 先生 祝你早安
“Madame, enclosed is 60,000 francs as requested,
“夫人 信封里是您要的60 000法郎
which terminates your account at this bank.”
这是您在本行帐户的所有存款 ”
“Thank you for your patronage. Banque du Midi et de Marseille”
“谢谢您的惠顾
Long distance, please.
请接长途
I want Balong & Company, Paris Stock Exchange, Reaumur 65 72.
请接巴朗公♥司♥
Good morning, Monsieur.
早上好 先生
From the Dupont Employment Agency. Ah, yes. Come in, come in.
从杜邦招聘公♥司♥来
Your references? Oui, Monsieur.
这是你的推荐信吗?
You know it is only a day or so? Oui, Monsieur.
你知道这只是做一天的?
Your name? Louise.
你的名字?
Start by cleaning out the drawers and dusting.
就从打扫抽屉里的灰尘开始吧
Before you dust, take down the curtains and pack them in there.
在打扫之前 先把窗帘卸下来包在这里
Leave everything on the sideboard. I’ll inventory it later.
把所有的东西都放在旁边
Go on with your work. I’ll answer it.
继续干♥你♥的活 我来接电♥话♥
Hello? Balong & Company?
喂?巴朗公♥司♥?
This is Monsieur Verdoux.
我是凡尔杜先生
I’ll buy at opening prices tomorrow,
我会根据明天的开♥盘♥价来买♥♥
500 shares of Continental Gas, 500 shares of Consolidated Copper
500股大♥陆♥石油
and 100 shares of Central Carbine,
还有100股中♥央♥碳化物
the same 20-point margin, yes.
对 还是20点的盈利率
I’m wiring the money. It’ll be there in the morning.
我会把钱寄过来的
Correct. Au revoir.
对 再见
She no sooner married him than she disappeared completely.
她很快就和他结婚了
Do we have any way of identifying him?
我们有什么办法能够认出他来吗?
We had a photo of him, but Lena threw it in the fireplace by mistake.
我们有一张他的照片
Too bad.
太不幸了
I’d know him if I ever saw him. So would I.
如果让我看见他 我就能认出他
I believe we have all the particulars.
我想我们已经知道了所有的细节
If we get anything, we will let you know.
如果我们得到了什么消息 我们会让你们知道的
Merci, Monsieur.
谢谢 先生
Good day, Mesdames. Good day, Monsieur.
祝您愉快 太太
Monsieur. Monsieur.
先生
What’s on your mind? Funny.
你在想什么?
In three years, 12 women have disappeared from these cities.
三年来 这些城市里总共有12个女人失踪了
The history of each case is similar to this one.
每件案子的故事都和这件差不多
How?
怎么了?
They are all middle-aged, with a small income or property.
她们都是中年女子 有着一些小收入或财产
They nearly all married the same type of man.
她们都和同一种男子结婚
He’s the husband of all of them? It looks that way to me.
他就是她们所有人的丈夫?
Looks like he was married to several at once.
看起来他同时和很多人结婚
He’s the proverbial sailor. With him, it’s a wife in every port.
他是一个公认的水手
What’s his racket? I don’t know.
他有什么手段?