Want to take a walk with me?
想和我一起走走吗?
…continue to protest the presence of a convicted sex offender
继续抗♥议♥性犯罪者在他们街区居住
in their neighborhood. Michelle Betler reports.
请听米歇尔·贝特勒发回的报道
Thanks, Rick. I’m standing here on Woodward Court,
谢谢 约克 我现在位于伍德沃场
the quiet residential street
这个往日宁静的居民区
that has become the focus of controversy
现在却成为争论的焦点
ever since 48-year-old Ronald James McGorvey returned here
这一切都源于因对 未成年人进行猥琐暴露而被判入狱的
after serving a two-year prison sentence
现年48岁的 罗纳德·吉姆斯·麦克格威
for indecent exposure to a minor.
在服刑2年后又返回这里居住
In the past few days an organization
在过去的几天里
known as the Committee of Concerned Parents
一个叫做”忧心父母委员会”的组织
began distributing these notices throughout the community
开始在社区发放这些公告
warning neighbors of what they call a quote,
警告居民们留神注意
“dangerous predator in our midst.”
用他们自己的话就是当心 “潜伏于我们之中的禽兽”
I don’t really like having him that close to my family.
我讨厌这种他离我家近在咫尺的感觉
I think it’s outrageous. This block has too many children
我觉得这太过分了
for a sex offender to, uh, be moving in the neighborhood.
怎么能叫性犯罪者住这儿?
L… I don’t think it’s a good idea.
我… 我不赞成叫他住这
Makes me very nervous. Makes me a little enraged.
我很紧张 还有些恼火
Um, I’d have a problem if I see him on the street.
呃 要是在街上看到他 我会很不舒服的
It’s like having an alcoholic work in a bar.
感觉就像酒鬼在酒吧工作一样
They don’t mix. They shouldn’t be together.
根本就不匹配 不合适
The conditions of his parole expressly forbid McGorvey
他的假释条件明确规定
to be within 100 yards of any playground,
街区里这么多孩子
school or recreation area where children normally gather.
禁止麦克格威靠近操场 学校 娱乐场所 这些孩子们聚集的地方
These conditions seem to be of little comfort
对于那些有孩子在这个社区
to the many parents whose children play and go to school
玩耍学习的家长来说
in this formerly tranquil community,
这些限制稍稍缓解了他们的焦虑
and who in the coming days and weeks will be hoping for the best
在接下来的时间里 家长们将抱最大的希望 做最坏的准备
but preparing for the worst. Rick, back to you.
约克 现在将镜头交还给你
My husband and I had an actual spiritual experience.
我和我丈夫经历过一次真正的灵魂体验
We did this intense spa treatment…
那是在一次强度温泉治疗时…
Oh, come on. No, listen to me.
哦 少来啦 不 听我说
It was on our vacation in Cabo and there were eight other couples
那时我们在卡博度假 当时还有另外8对夫妻
and this Mayan woman.
和一个玛雅女人
A goddess, just a goddess.
女神 她简直就是个女神
She had… She’s due in September.
她… 她9月份临产
She thinks she’s gonna take three months off,
她想休3个月产假
then it’s Christmas, then she’ll be back to work the first of the year.
之后就是圣诞节 这样她年初就能回去上班
Please.
现实点吧
Six months from now she’ll be right here on this bench with us.
半年后她肯定会和我们 一起坐在这张长椅上
My friend Beth said that the way she did it
我朋友说她的对策就是
was to just take him with her every time she went to the bathroom.
每次上厕所的时候都带上她儿子
I find that strange. Yeah, that’s what I said to Beth.
那样感觉怪怪的 是啊 我就是这么和她说的
It’s Oedipal.
这就叫恋母情结
What’s the rush?
着什么急呢?
Although I will say, when I was trying to potty-train Christian,
我得承认 当初我如厕训练克里斯蒂
I opened the diaper and it was huge!
打开尿布一看 他的小jj可真大!
Like a grown man.
就像成人的一样
Smiling politely to mask a familiar feeling of desperation
用优雅的微笑掩盖孳生已久的绝望
Sarah reminded herself to think like an anthropologist.
莎拉提醒自己要像人类学家般的思考问题
She was a researcher studying the behavior of typical suburban women.
她曾经是研究”典型郊区妇女行为”的学者
They werert organic?
他们不是自然发育的?
She was not a typical suburban woman herself.
她自己可不是典型郊区妇女
Troy, stop that!
特洛伊 别那样!
Paul and I were having sex the other night
有天晚上我和保罗做♥爱♥的时候
and I drifted off right in the middle of it.
我居然半道睡着了
It happens.
这种事时有发生
Yeah, I guess. But when I woke up and apologized
是啊 大概是吧 当我醒来向他道歉的时候
he said he hadrt even noticed.
他说他根本就没发觉
You know what you should do?
你知道你该怎么做吗?
Set aside a specific block of time for it.
拿出固定时间来做♥爱♥
That’s what Louis and I do… every Tuesday night at 9:00.
我和路易斯就这么办… 每周二晚上9点是我们的固定时间
“Whether you want to or not” Sarah thought,
“不管你愿意不愿意” 莎拉想道
her eyes straying over to the play area.
她将目光移向操场
Even at such a tiny playground as this
即使是像这样的小操场
Lucy didn’t interact much with the other children.
露西也不和其他孩子玩耍
Sarah didn’t really know why they even bothered coming here,
莎拉不清楚这些人为什么要来这儿
except that she’d probably go crazy
她只知道要是整天
trapped in the house all day
和她这个难以琢磨的女儿困在家里
with this unknowable little person.
她可能会疯掉
Morning snack time was 10:30 on the dot…
10点半准时是加餐时间…
Snack time!
加餐啦!
…a regimen established and maintained by Mary Ann,
由玛丽·安制定并保持的制度
who believed that rigid adherence to a timetable
她坚信严格的遵循时间
was not only the key to a healthy marriage,
不但是健康婚姻的关键
but to effective parenting as well.
在养育孩子上也是至关重要
I’ll take this one! I want that one!
我要这个! 我要那个!
Can I do it? Yeah. Ready?
能让我来吗? 好的 准备好了吗?
Mommy…
妈妈…
where’s my snack?
我的加餐呢?
I’m sorry, honey, Mommy can’t find it.
对不起 宝贝 妈妈找不到了
I forgot the rice cakes. Poor thing.
我忘了带年糕 可怜的人啊
I’m sure it’s in here somewhere. Second time this week.
肯定就在这里的 这周已经2次了
Well, who’s going to keep track of everything?
疏能无过呢?
Bad mommy. Bad mommy. Just calm down, please.
坏妈妈 坏妈妈 静一下 好吗?
No calm down! I want my snack!
不行! 我要我的加餐!
All right, you know what? It’s…
好吧 你知道吗? 这个…
it’s just not here, okay? See for yourself.
你的加餐不在这 知道吗? 不信你自己看
Wait!
等下!
Troy, honey, give Lucy your goldfish.
特洛伊 亲爱的 把你的”金鱼”给露西
No!
不行!
Troy Jonathan, give me those goldfish!
特洛伊·乔纳森! 把那些”金鱼”给我!
But, Mama, they’re mine.
但是 妈妈 他们是我的
No back talk. You can share with your sister.
不准顶嘴 和你妹妹一起吃
Troy has goldfish for you. Go sit down.
特洛伊那儿有”金鱼” 去坐下
That’s much more than 10.
那可不止10个呢
That’s great. Look how big I made my lawn.
太好了 看我建的草坪多大啊
Thank you, Mary Ann, you’re a life saver.
谢谢 玛丽·安 你救了我
It’s nothing. I just hate to see her suffer like that.
没什么 我只是受不了她那样挨饿
Maybe you should make a checklist and tape it to the door
也许你该列个清单 然后把它钉在门上
so it’s the last thing you see before leaving the house.
这样离家前能提醒你
That’s what I do.
我就是这么做的
Yeah, thank you. That’s… that’s a really helpful suggestion.
好的 谢谢 真是… 这建议太有用了
You’re welcome.
不客气
Drink your juice.
把果汁喝了
Are you the plane again?
你又是飞机?
Look.
快看啊
Now you have to act like me.
现在你该像我这样
The prom king.
舞会国王
Oh my God, he’s back.
哦 天啊 他回来了
Sarah followed the other womers gazes
莎拉顺着其他女人
over to the entrance of the playground,
将目光投到操场入口处
eager to finally get a glimpse of the prom king,
希望还能有机会最后瞥见舞会国王
the handsome and mysterious young father
那个英俊而又充满神秘色彩的父亲
who had been a regular at the Walker Street playground
今年春天连续有好几周
for several weeks this past spring
出现在沃克街操场
before abruptly dropping out of sight.
之后突然间就消失了
I don’t need a rest. I need an airplane ride.
我不需要休息 我要做飞机
His departure had left a gaping hole in the emotional lives
他的消失给谢丽尔、特里萨、和玛丽·安的情感生活…
of Cheryl, Theresa and Mary Ann.
平添了几多空洞
Barely a day went by without one of them speculating wistfully
几乎每一天 他们几个中都有人…
about the reason for his absence and the likelihood of his return.
不怀好意地猜测他离开的原因和回来的可能性
Here I come. There’s no room for two of us, diesel.
我来啦 这点儿地方可不够 我们两个人呆的 柴油机
You’ve done it again.
你又来了
I hate steam engines.
我讨厌蒸气机
When I come back I will pinch you with my pinchers.
等我回来后 我要用我的钳子夹你
Yeah? Well, when I come back
是吗? 那 等我回来后
I’m gonna ram you with my rammer.
我要用我的撞锤撞你
Ready? No, you won’t.
准备好了吗? 不 你不会的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!