《君子协定》
– 累了吧 – 没有
– Aren’t you tired? – No.
可看的东西太多了
There’s so much of it.
我们会永远住在这儿吗 爸爸
Do you think we’ll live here all the time, Pop?
你想吗
Want to?
那当然
Sure. I like it.
我们干嘛永远住在加里福尼亚呢
Why did we always live in California?
噢 我生在那儿 在那儿结婚
Oh, I was born there, got married there,
所以应该住在那儿
just went right on living there.
妈妈和你一起来过纽约吗
Did Mother ever come with you to New York?
没有 我也只来过一次 待了三天
No. I was here by myself once for three days.
你还想念她 汤米
You still think of her, Tommy?
有点儿 有时候想
Sort of. Not all the time.
只是有时候
Just sometimes.
她去世的时候我几岁 爸爸
How old was I when she died, Pop?
你当时四岁
You were four years old.
很久了
A long time.
你还会结婚吗
You ever going to get married again?
也许吧 你希望吗
Maybe. Want me to?
我不在乎 我只希望你好
I don’t care. I like it fine this way.
可奶奶说你的
But Grandma says you’re getting tougher
脾气越来越糟了
and tougher to have around the house.
她这么说的啊
She does, does she?
奶奶还说了我什么
Any more complaints from Grandma?
她说你太挑剔太讲究了
She says you’re too picky and choosy.
我们这是去哪儿
Where are we going?
去和奶奶碰头
To meet Grandma at Saks.
嘿 爸爸 你看那个
Hey, Pop, look at that.
他这是在干什么
What’s he supposed to be doing?
阿特拉斯神的塑像
That’s a statue of Atlas, Tommy.
他肩膀上扛着这世界呢
He’s carrying the world on his shoulders.
真的吗 奶奶也是这么说你的
No kidding? That’s what Grandma says you’re doing.
说你总是为这个世界操心
And she wishes you’d leave the world alone a while.
是吗 看样子我得揍你奶奶一顿了
Oh, yeah? Looks like I’m gonna have to slug Grandma.
嘿 我们来迟了 奶奶得揍我们一顿了
Hey, we’re late. Grandma’s going to slug us.
快点儿
Come on.
我得说我最喜欢等人了
I just love waiting for people.
世界上没有比站在这儿
I always say there’s nothing as much fun as standing around
等那些总爱迟到的人更有趣儿了
waiting for people who are always late.
噢 我来迟了 妈妈
Well, we’re late, Ma,
因为我肩膀上扛着这世界呢
because I’ve been carrying the world around on my shoulders.
它太重了 我走不快呀
It’s kind of heavy. You can’t walk too fast.
你少给我来这一套
Put it down gently, dear,
快给点儿钱 帮你儿子买♥♥鞋
and give me some money for your son’s shoes.
汤姆 下次可别再打小报告
Now I’ll thank you, Tommy, to keep your mouth shut hereafter.
我还告诉爸爸你说他
I told Pop he was getting tougher and tougher
他在家里的脾气越来越糟了
to have around the house, too.
纽约买♥♥双鞋要多少钱
How much are shoes in New York?
十块钱
Better give her 10 bucks.
祝我好运吧 妈妈 我现在就去杂♥志♥社了
Wish me luck, Ma. I’m going up to the magazine now.
祝你好运
Good luck, Phil.
希望这次你如愿以偿
I hope it’s something you want this time, and not too far away.
我想会的 否则蒙纳菲不会
It’ll be right here. Otherwise, Minify wouldn’t have
花那么多精力给我们找房♥子
gone through all the trouble to get us the apartment.
蒙纳菲是不是你的新老板
Does Mr. Minify always tell you what to write?
你是不是总应该听他的话 爸爸
Don’t you ever think up what to write yourself?
噢 我想有时候是吧
Well, yeah, I think sometimes for myself.
我要走了 你们好好玩吧
Well, I’m late. Have fun.
童鞋在几楼
Boys’ shoes’?
在四楼 什么事
Fourth floor. Yes?
– 玩具在几楼 – 在二楼
– Toy department, please? – Second floor.
谢谢
Thank you.
– 就在那儿 – 谢谢
– Right in there. – Thank you.
史密斯周刊在几楼
Smith’s Weekly, please.
接待处在六楼 那儿上
Reception room. Sixth floor. Right in there.
– 往上 – 十二楼
– Going up. – Twelve, please.
小姐 我确实跟她有个约会
Yes. I did have an appointment.
对不起 我们没有记录
I’m sorry. I have no record of it.
我昨天跟她联♥系♥过了
I spoke with his secretary day before yesterday,
她让我今天上午来的
and she said to come in this morning.
噢 他要半小时以后才回来
He’ll be in himself in a half hour.
要是你不介意 我待会儿再跟她联♥系♥
If you don’t mind waiting, I’ll try again.
先生 你呢
Yes, please?
我和蒙纳菲先生有个约会
I have an appointment with Mr. Minify.
– 你贵姓 – 斯卡利·格林
– Name, please? – Schuyler Green.
– 斯卡利·格林 – 佩蒙特先生的电报
– Schuyler Green. – Telegram for Mr. Pendleton.
噢 出了那扇门 右边第二间办公室
Through the door, second office to the right.
谢谢
Thank you.
斯卡利·格林要见蒙纳菲先生
Schuyler Green to see Mr. Minify.
谢谢你 蒙纳菲先生在等你
Thank you. Mr. Minify is expecting you.
迈克菲先生的
Mr. Herman will call for these.
珍妮特
Janet
带他去见蒙纳菲先生
For Mr. Minify.
– 请跟我来 – 好的
– Follow me, please. – Thanks.
– 下一位 – 德切斯先生在等我
– Yes, please? – Miss Dettrey’s expecting me.
请稍等
Just a moment, please.
– 这是格林先生 – 噢 格林先生
– Mr. Green. – Oh, Mr. Green.
蒙纳菲先生在接一个长途电♥话♥
Mr. Minify’s on the long distance.
他会要一会儿的
He’ll be through in a moment.
– 请坐吧 – 谢谢
– Won’t you sit down? – Thanks.
– 看过最新的一♥期♥吗 – 没有 谢谢
– Have you seen the last issue? – No. Thank you.
他来了吗
Mr. Green out there yet?
格林先生已经来了
Yes. Mr. Green is here.
好了 我就来
Good. I’ll be right out.
请进 很高心你能来 格林
Come in. Come in. Glad you’re here, Green.
快把这个打印出来 要出新周刊了
This is all right now, Miss Miller. Get it off airmail special.
很高兴见到你 进去吧
Glad to see you. Come on in.
谢谢
Thanks.
请坐
Sit down.
熟悉环境了吗
Finding your way around?
差不多吧
Almost. Good.
你妈妈和儿子喜欢纽约吗
Mother and kid like New York?
喜欢 谢谢你安排的住处
Fine. They like the apartment, too. Thanks.
我运气不错找到一套房♥子
Had a bit of luck. Probably the last apartment left in Manhattan.
– 认识人了吗 – 噢 还没有
– Getting to know people here? – Well, not yet.
我在这方面比较慢
I’m always a little bit slow about that.
噢 我给你安排 别着急 今晚去我家
We’ll fix that up right away. How about tonight at my place?
我们认识一些人 有几个小姐
Having some people, couple of girls and some people.
谢谢 换个时间吧
Thanks. Some other time.
别说傻话了 不能换时间 这是地点
Nonsense. I won’t ask you another time. Here’s the address.
米勒小姐 别让人打扰我们
Miss Miller, don’t disturb me till I call you, for anything.
告诉我太太 格林先生来吃晚饭
Tell Mrs. Minify Mr. Green’s coming to dinner.
我们随便点
Now, get good and comfortable.
啊 好了 你和我要谈上一个小时 嗯
There. Because I’m going to talk to you for about an hour.
也许两个小时 我有个主意
Maybe two. I’ve had an idea.
先去拿杯酒吧
Do go into the bar, won’t you?
– 噢 谢谢 – 我们走吧
– I’d love a martini. – Why don’t we get you one.
– 好 – 杰西
– Fine. – Jessie.
斯卡利·格林先生 这是我太太
Schuyler Green I’ve been telling you about. My wife.
约翰 我了解格林先生
Oh, don’t be silly, John. I know Mr. Green.
看过他写的所有文章
I’ve read everything he ever wrote.
就你话多 快去端杯酒来
You just never stop talking. Get him a drink.
– 要点什么 – 马提尼就行
– What’ll you have? – A martini.
好的
Good.
凯茜 这是格林先生
Kathy, this is Mr. Green.
我侄女莱斯小姐和比尔
My niece, Miss Lacy, and Bill Lacy.
– 你好 – 你好
– How do you do? – How do you do?
你最好解释一下
You better clear things up now, Jessie,
否则大家会弄糊涂的
or it’ll never get straightened out.
格林先生 凯茜和…
Well, Mr. Green, Kathy and…
凯茜和比尔离婚好几年了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!