猫咪在如今的伊斯坦布尔已经生活了几千年
他们见证了帝国的崛起和陨落
以及这座城市的兴衰
尽管受到许多人的照顾 但他们却没有主人
无论被宠爱 讨厌 或是忽略
不可否认 他们是人们生活的一部分
在伊斯坦布尔 猫咪不仅仅是猫咪而已
In Istanbul, the cat is more than just a cat.
猫咪代表着难以描述的混乱 文化和独特
The cat embodies the indescribable chaos, the culture,
这也是伊斯坦布尔的本质
and the uniqueness that is the essence of Istanbul.
没有猫咪
Without the cat,
伊斯坦布尔就会丢失一部分灵魂
Istanbul would lose a part of its soul.
世界上没有别的地方像这里一样
And there’s nothing like it anywhere else on earth.
伊斯坦布尔的猫
今非昔比 她现在是个真正的猎手了
She’s a real hunter now. She wasn’t like that before.
她生完孩子后就变了
She changed after giving birth.
在那之前 她就知道睡觉
Before that, all she did was sleep.
整天在这里呼噜噜
Chilling here all day.
有时候我和她说话 她真的会回话
Sometimes I talk to her. And she actually talks back.
她性格很倔
She’s a solid character.
她会固执地站在这儿
She’ll stubbornly stand there.
你让她走 她偏不走 她就盯着你
You’ll tell her to leave. She won’t. She’ll just stare.
「我不走」
“I’m not leaving,”
她会说 「你要把我赶去哪里」
She’ll say, “Where are you kicking me out to?”
「反正我会回来的」
“I’ll be back anyway.”
「你想干什么 机灵鬼」
“What are you trying to do, wise guy?”
她真的 意志力很强
She’s really, you know, strong-willed.
很有个性
She’s got personality.
有些猫咪真的很有性格
Some cats really have character,
可以从他们脸上看出来
you can tell from their faces.
我觉得把他们关在房♥子里保护他们
I think it’s wrong to trap them in a house…
是不对的
just so we can pet them.
外面有上百万只猫咪 我们想摸就能摸
There are millions of them out there, we pet them all we want.
重要的是要和他们在一个频道上
What matters is being on the same frequency as them.
和他们交流
To communicate with them.
而且他们分辨得出你到底喜不喜欢他们
Besides, they can tell… who likes them and who doesn’t.
他们懂的
They notice.
他们会发出正能量
And they give off good energy.
吸收你所有的负能量
They absorb all your negative energy.
我们很幸运 他们对我很有帮助
We’re lucky. They do me good.
又到时候了
It’s that time again.
该去巡街了 总是来来去去的
Time to cruise. She comes and goes.
她那天过来 我知道她曾经怀孕过
She came around one day. I knew she’d been pregnant.
很明显她分娩过
It was obvious she had given birth.
她带我去了后面 给我看她的宝宝
She led me to the back, to show me her kittens.
太神奇了
It’s so fascinating…
他们就跟人一样
they’re just like people.
对动物的爱是另一种爱
The love of animals is a different kind of love.
不爱动物的人 也无法爱人
People who don’t love animals can’t love people either.
这点我确定
I know that much.
本古
Bengü!
本古
Bengü!
过来 姑娘
Come. Come, girl.
她是一窝四只宝宝中的一个
She was one of four kittens.
她也是最瘦最丑的那只
She was the scrawniest one. And the ugliest.
另外三只走了 她留下了
The other three left, she stayed.
有时候她会惹我生气
Sometimes she makes me angry.
但原因为何 我从没想过
But why? I’ve never thought about it.
我想可能是自己心情不好
I guess I must be in a bad mood.
但我从不会打她之类的
But I never hit her or anything.
我让她走 但她从不照做
I tell her to leave but she never does.
她会走向门口 然后又回来
She walks to the door and comes back.
本古已经陪伴了我们八♥九♥年
Bengü has been with us eight or nine years.
她刚来时还是个宝宝 之后再没离开
She came here as a kitten… and never left.
本古喜欢被宠爱 真的
Bengü loves to be loved. Honestly.
她喜欢人们抚摸她 超级享受
She loves it when you pet her – she nearly passes out.
这不是什么土耳其老电影里的伤感情节
It’s not the kind of sappiness from old Turkish movies…
但我确实会找她
but I do look for her.
如果我见不到她 或听不到她的声音
If I don’t see her, or hear her voice…
如果我早上来时她不在的话
if she’s not around when I get here in the morning…
我就会担心 会去找她
I get worried and look for her.
也许她就像个孩子
Maybe she is like a child.
人们会想念他们的孩子 对吧
People miss their kids, right?
我会想念她
I miss her.
本古很玻璃心
Bengü is very delicate.
如果你去摸别的猫 她就会嫉妒生气
If you pet another cat, she’ll get jealous and sulk.
本古很敏感
She’s very sensitive, Bengü.
就这里 就是这里
That’s it, that’s the spot.
就揉这里
That’s the spot.
她很舒服 然后是这里
She’s done for. And then here.
然后这里
And here.
看她高兴的样子
Look at her delight.
你真是会生活
You really know how to live.
本古生了宝宝 但我不知道窝在哪
Bengü has given birth but I haven’t seen where.
如果你想攻击她的宝宝
Try attacking her kittens
她就会展现出另一面
and you’ll see another side of her.
我听说人们总会在船上带上一只猫
I’ve heard they’d always keep a cat on board a ship,
来吸收多余的能量 我知道泥土也行
to absorb your excess energy. I know soil does the same thing.
对我来说念珠就起这个作用
Prayer beads do the trick for me.
这只猫也行
This cat is good for me too.
再说了 我们都习惯她了
Besides, we’ve gotten used to her.
她成了我们中的一员
She’s become one of us.
自♥由♥自在 来来去去
Coming and going unconditionally.
还有聊不完的话
And endless conversations too.
这些杯子是为猫猫狗狗准备的
如果你下辈子不想为一杯水而挣扎的话
请不要动这些杯子
他们不能像鸟一样飞走
They can’t just fly away like birds.
我们有责任竭尽所能地照顾他们
It’s our responsibility to take care of them as best as we can.
有人说猫知道上帝的存在
It is said that cats are aware of God’s existence…
而狗不知道
but that dogs are not.
狗认为人类是上帝 而猫不这么认为
Dogs think people are God, but cats don’t.
猫知道人以中间人的身份执行上帝的旨意
Cats know that people act as middlemen to God’s will.
他们并非不知感恩 只是懂的更多
They’re not ungrateful, they just know better.
抚摸猫咪给我一种特殊的安全感
Petting a cat gives me a peculiar sense of security.
尽管我们不懂彼此的语言
Even though we don’t speak each other’s language,
我们也能立刻沟通交流起来
we immediately form a shared language.
我猜人和猫打交道
I imagine having a relationship with cats
就像跟外星人做朋友
must be a lot like being friends with aliens.
跟一种差异巨大的生物建立联♥系♥
You make contact with a very different life form,
在彼此之间建立一条沟通渠道
open a line of communication with one another
然后开始对话
and start a dialogue.
他们对我们来说非常陌生 截然不同
And they’re very foreign to us, very different.
无论是生理上 心理上 还是能力上
Whether physically, mentally, or in capacity
他们跟我们大不一样
they’re very different.
尽管如此 我们还是能跟他们建立关系
Yet, we’re able to have a relationship with them.
当然 我无法取代他们的母亲
Of course I can’t take the place of their mother…
但我还是尽力而为
but I do what I can.
我不知道该不该再喂他们
I wonder if I should feed them again.
好了 好了 我来喂你
Alright, alright, I’m gonna feed you.
当他们吃饱了 就不会喵喵叫
When they’re full, they don’t make a peep.
他们饿坏了
They’re really hungry.
有人把他们遗弃在那边的商店旁
Someone dumped them over by the shops.
然后他们把这些猫带到了这里
Then they brought them over here.
靠我来照顾他们
Relying on me being here.
我跟猫有一次奇遇 你听了一定会吃惊
I had an incident with a cat, it’ll shock you if I tell you.
大概十五年前
About fifteen years ago
我把船停在那边 结果在风暴中沉了
my boat was docked over there, it sank in a storm.
我好不容易凑够了钱
I had barely managed to pay for it.
变卖♥♥了一切才买♥♥下了船
Sold whatever I had. But got the boat.
结果还不到一个星期 船就沉了
I barely had it a week and the boat sinks.
然后 当我走在那边的岩石旁时
Then, I’m walking over by the rocks there…
那件特别神奇的事情发生了
it’s extraordinary what I’m about to tell you.
我沿着路走 看见一只猫给我指一个钱包
I’m walking along, i see this cat, pointing me to a wallet.
那只猫跟这只猫的花色一模一样 真的
A cat the same color as this one – no lie.
就是这个颜色
Exactly that color.