(铜管乐队演奏“德意志之歌♥”)
(♪ brass band plays “Deutschland Über Alles”)
(德语新闻报道)
(news report in German)
(人群高呼)胜利!胜利!
(crowd chants) Sieg Heil! Sieg Heil!
(汽笛)
(siren)
(远处爆♥炸♥)
(distant explosions)
这是伦敦艾德·摩尔报导:对一位美国记者来说,
This is London. Ed Murrow reporting. To an American reporter
这座城市,这个岛和这个国家的人♥民♥是非常特殊的。
there is something very special about the people of this city, this island, this nation.
在英国漫长的历史上
Never in the long history of Great Britain
从未曾像1941年春天这样运气这么差。
have her fortunes been as low as they are in this spring of 1941.
英国正为自己的生存而孤军奋战,
Britain is fighting alone for her very existence, fighting desperately,
但她的人♥民♥仍然坚定不移。
yet her people remain steadfast and unflinching.
英国的盟军一个接一个被打败,
Britain’s allies have been defeated one by one,
被纳粹分子征服势力席卷了整个欧洲的版图。
as the dark stain of Nazi conquest-spreads across the map of Europe.
在非洲,隆美尔给予第八集团军重创,
In Africa, Rommel is giving the 8th Army a very bad time,
希腊沦陷,德国空军继续轰炸英国的城市。
Greece has fallen and the Luftwaffe continues to smash English cities.
最坏的消息来自北大西洋,
The worst news of all comes from the North Atlantic,
上个月德国U艇和水面舰艇击沉了60万吨♥船只。
where last month German U-boats and surface raiders sank 600,000 tons of shipping.
在这场战斗中,英国的生命线岌岌可危。
In this battle, Britain’s lifeblood is at stake.
这战役关系到未来战争的趋势 ——
This is the battle on which depends the future course of the war –
未来英国历史的趋势。
the future course of British history.
北大西洋的海上战斗,
The battle of the North Atlantic is fought at sea,
它是由设在伦敦的海军部指挥。
but it is directed from the Admiralty here in London.
深埋在海军部大楼地下200英尺,是战争指挥室。
Buried deep in the Admiralty Building 200 feet underground, is the War Room.
这是英国海军的指挥大脑和神经中枢,
Here is the guiding brain and central nervous system of the British Navy,
即作战部。
the operations division.
罗伯茨,请把谢泼德上校的物品拿到办公室。
Roberts, take Captain Shepard’s things and put them in the office.
谢谢您。
Thank you.
这里是情报中心,发送和接收各种信♥号♥♥。
This is the message centre for incoming and outgoing signals.
这些管道通往大厅下的无线电室。
These tubes lead to the wireless room just down the hall.
哦,谢泼德……
Oh, Shepard…
-有什么不对吗? -看那个人的制♥服♥。
– Anything wrong? – That man’s uniform.
我们在有些方面比较随意些,这跟在军舰上所有不同。
We’re informal about some things. It’s different from the bridge of a ship at sea.
-是这样吗? -哦,是的,一定是那样。
– Is that so? – Oh, yes. Has to be that way.
这是理查兹中校。谢泼德上校是新的作战部主管。
This is Commander Richards. Captain Shepard is the new director of operations.
-你好吗? -别让我打扰你吃饭。
– How do you do? – Don’t let me interrupt your meal.
谢泼德上校,第二副官,安妮·戴维斯。谢泼德上校要接替我了。
Captain Shepard, 2nd Officer Anne Davis. Captain Shepard’s taking over from me.
-你好,长官。-你好吗?
– How do you do Sir. – How do you do?
对她好点,谢泼德。如果她生气地离开这里,我们就会输掉这场战争
Be nice to her, Shepard. If she ever got angry and walked out, we’d lose the war.
-真的吗? -你可以信赖这位小姐。
– Really? – You can depend on this young lady.
我已经做了很多次了!
I’ve done it more times than I care to admit!
安妮,做个乖孩子,你的报告尽快报上来。
Anne, be a darling and get your report in as soon as possible.
-吉米的聚会我们不能迟到。 -没错。
– We mustn’t be late for Jimmy’s party. – Righto.
我想我该为离开这儿流下泪来,
I suppose I should shed a few tears at leaving this place,
但老实说,我讨厌这份工作。
but quite honestly I’ve hated the job.
责任太重,压力太大了。
Too much responsibility. Too much strain.
我得到了海上指挥权,正如我一直希望的那样。
I’m getting a command at sea like I always wanted.
恭喜你。我希望你找到的这个工作不会有太大压力。
Congratulations. I hope you find one that doesn’t involve too much strain.
关键是,这是一种不同的压力。
The point is, it’s a different kind of strain.
如果一个人要去海军服役,他应该在海上服役。
If a man’s going to serve in the navy, he ought to serve at sea.
除非是像你这样的人,已经经历过很多行动了。
Unless it’s a man like yourself who’s already seen a lot of action.
否则,他就应该在海上服役。
He should still serve at sea.
是的。我还是好好过吧。我现在得说再见了,除非你还有问题。
Yes. I’d better get along. I’ll say goodbye now unless you have any questions.
我不这么认为,谢谢你。祝你好运。
I don’t think so, thank you. Good luck.
谢谢你。
Thank you.
我们想我们能帮点忙,长官,
We thought we might be of some assistance, sir,
长官,你还不熟悉这儿的情况。
not knowing your way around yet, sir.
– 我能为你做点什么吗? – 是的,有些事你可以做。
– Is there anything I can do for you? – Yes, there is something you can do.
几分钟前,我看到一个士兵没带他的套头衫就进入了作战室。
A few moments ago I saw a rating enter the War Room without his jumper.
从现在起,每个人都要时刻穿着得体。
From now on, everyone will be properly dressed at all times.
我在任何情况下都不能让军官在值班时吃三明治。
I cannot have officers eating sandwiches on duty, under any circumstances.
对不起,长官,这种事不会再发生了。
I’m sorry, Sir. It won’t happen again.
对不起,长官。理查兹中校已经连续值班两次没有休息……
Excuse me, Sir. Commander Richards stood two watches without relief and…
我相信理查兹中校不需要你帮他解释,戴维斯小姐。
I’m sure Commander Richards doesn’t need an interpreter, Miss Davis.
我很惊讶听到有人用教名称呼一位值星官。
I was also surprised to hear a Wren officer addressed by her Christian name.
对我来说,这种不拘礼节既不规范,也不可原谅。
To me this kind of informality is both irregular and inexcusable.
进来。
Come in.
抱歉打扰,长官,优先信♥号♥♥。
Sorry to interrupt, sir. Priority signal.
谢谢您。
Thank you.
请原谅。
Excuse me.
进来。
Come in.
哦,谢泼德。你认识海军参谋长助理吗?
Oh, Shepard. You know the assistant chief of naval staff?
– 是的,很熟。 – 你好吗,乔纳森?见到你很高兴。
– Yes, very well. – How are you, Jonathan? Glad to see you.
谢谢你!我从斯德哥尔摩的海军武官那里收到一个信♥号♥♥。
Thank you. I have a signal here sent from our naval attachéin Stockholm.
他报告说,两艘德国♥军♥舰正驶过卡特加特海峡。
He reports two German warships steaming through the Kattegat.
– 什么船? – 他没有说。
– What ships are they?
– He doesn’t say.
– 你觉得是俾斯麦号♥吗? – 有可能,长官。
– Do you think it might be the Bismarck? – It’s possible, sir.
它刚完成了三个月的训练。
She’s just completed three months’ training.
他们没有比这更好的时机逃跑了,对吗?
They couldn’t pick a better time to break out, could they?
因为克里特岛的事情,我们的护舰队分散在各处。
With this Crete business, and our convoys scattered all over.
我有一种不好的预感。
I’ve a nasty hunch that’s the idea.
我希望这一次你错了。我们不能让那头怪兽逍遥法外。
I hope for once you’re wrong. We can’t afford to have that monster on the loose.
– 看看沙恩霍斯特号♥和格奈森瑙号♥做了什么。 – 击沉22艘船。11.5万吨♥。
– Look what Scharnhorst and Gneisenau did. – 22 ships sunk. 115,000 tons.
这一切都发生在两个月内。它们没有俾斯麦号♥那样的火力。
All in two months. And they don’t have anything like Bismarck’s fire power.
它可以击沉护航队中的每艘船,而逃避遭到攻击。
She could stand off and sink every ship in a convoy without ever coming under fire.
谢泼德,去找本土舰队司令。
Shepard, get on to the commander in chief, Home Fleet.
告诉他我们不确定,但我们非常担心。
Tell him we’re not sure, but we’re very much concerned.
告诉他,会让他得到我们知道的任何消息。
Say we’ll let him have any information we get.
是的,长官。
Aye aye, sir.
谢泼德?准备好你的建议,它就是俾斯麦号♥。
Shepard? Prepare your recommendations, in case it is the Bismarck.
很好,长官。
Very good, sir.
对一个新人来说,这是一项相当艰巨的任务。
Pretty rough assignment for a new man on the job.
我不担心谢泼德。他是现役中最能干的人之一。
I’m not worried about Shepard. He’s one of the ablest men in the service.
我还听说他像女巫的心一样冷酷。
I’m also told he’s as cold as a witch’s heart.
– 这可能有点夸张,长官。 – 我想要一个冷酷的人。
– That may be a slight exaggeration, sir. – I want a man who’s cold.
我想要一个没有心,没有灵魂,只有一个巨大大脑的人。
I’d like a man with no heart at all, no soul, just an enormous brain.
北大西洋的战斗是严峻的。它不是靠魅力和个性来赢得的。
The battle of the North Atlantic is grim. It won’t be won by charm and personality.
– 我们已经受够了。 – 我认识谢泼德很多年了。
– We’ve had too much of that here. – I’ve known Shepard for years.
我们以前一起服过役。他那时就与众不同。
We’ve served together before. He was different then.
– 有什么特别的原因吗? – 我想有很多原因,长官。
– Any particular reason for the change? – I suspect there are many reasons, sir.
个人原因。
Reasons of a personal nature.
哦。
Oh.
我懂了。我们怎么得到这两艘船的信息呢?
I see. How are we going to get the information on those two ships?
– 我们在挪威有个特工…… – 最好和他联♥系♥上。
– We have an agent in Norway… – Better get in touch with him.
我们不能直接联♥系♥他。这太危险了。
We don’t want to contact him directly. It’s too dangerous.
并且,没有时间去苏黎世或斯德哥尔摩了。
And there isn’t time to go through Zurich or Stockholm.
在这种情况下,您恐怕要与他直接联♥系♥。
In this case, you’ll have to make direct contact.
长官,这个人在纳粹占领区。
Sir, this man is in Nazi-occupied territory.
我知道。
I realise that.
尽管如此,我们必须立即与他取得联♥系♥。
All the same, we must get in touch with him immediately.
遵命,长官。
Aye aye, sir.
(狗叫)
(dog whines)
有人看见敌船驶出波罗的海。
The enemy ships were sighted coming out of the Baltic.
显然是出海,显然不是为国王服务。
Obviously heading out to sea, obviously not in the service of the King.
现在,我们在斯卡帕湾有什么?
Now, what have we got over here at Scapa Flow?
战舰乔治五世号♥,威尔士亲王号♥,战列巡洋舰胡德号♥
Battleships King George V,Prince of Wales, battle cruiser Hood,
以及一些巡洋舰和驱逐舰。
and a few cruisers and destroyers.
其余的舰队都去护航了。
The rest of the fleet’s out on convoy escort.
这是坎宁安上将的电♥话♥。“克里特岛的局势正在恶化。”
It’s from Admiral Cunningham. “Situation in Crete is deteriorating.”
“德国空降部队占领了马莱姆机场。”
“German airborne troops have captured Maleme airfield.”
为什么我们恶运不断?
Why is it we never get our bad medicine in small doses?
敌人在北大西洋逃脱的绝佳时机。
Perfect timing for an enemy break-out in the North Atlantic.
坎宁安和他的舰队在克里特岛忙得不可开交。
Cunningham and his fleet busy down here in Crete.
萨默维尔正全力以他的H舰队增援马耳他。
Somerville’s got his hands full tying to reinforce Malta with Force H.
沙恩霍斯特号♥和格奈森瑙号♥在此准备再次出来。我们必须保护他们。
Scharnhorst and Gneisenau are here ready to come out again. We must keep them covered.
而16艘护航舰在护航,分散在大西洋各处。
And 16 convoys to guard, scattered all over the Atlantic.
即使我们再有100艘船,也还是不够的。
If we had 100 more ships, we still wouldn’t have enough.
长官,我们刚收到挪威特工的信♥号♥♥。
Sir,we’ve just had a signal from our agent in Norway.
消息不完整。
The message is incomplete.
“看到两艘敌舰从克里斯蒂安桑港出发,3点35分,向西航行。”
“Sighted two enemy ships off Kristiansand at 0335 sailing due west.”
“巡洋舰欧根亲王号♥和…”