《解构哈里》
我总是生不着那些火。
I could never get those fires started.
爸,你想吃鸡吗?还是想吃肉?
Dad, are you gonna have chicken? You want meat?
鸡?鸡就可以了。
Chicken’s fine.
这篇文章写得真棒。诺曼!
This is a brilliant article. Norman!
– 你读过肯写的这篇有关中国的文章了吗?
– 不,我还没读。
– Did you read Ken’s article on China? – No, I haven’t.
很不错的文章。
Terrific article.
肯去哪儿了?
Where is Ken?
他在屋子里,在看杨基队的比赛。
He’s in the house watching the Yankee game.
你丈夫到美丽的乡下过上一天,
Your husband comes for a day in the beautiful countryside…
却一直盯着电视机不放。
heads for the television set.
肯,快出来,亲爱的!
Ken, come on, honey!
你们有多少人要吃鸡,
有多少人要吃汉堡?
How many people want chicken, and how many want hamburgers?
还有两个出局,就三分钟。
Two more outs! Three minutes!
我想大家都很想喝点儿酒了吧。
I think everybody’s dying for a little libation.
你快去调一点你最拿手的
斯托利【伏特加】马提尼酒吧。
Why don’t you make some of your famous Stoli martinis?
珍妮特,那么你和肯
准备什么时候要孩子呢?
Janet, when are you and Ken gonna have a child?
这一点上,你已经
让你妹妹遥遥领先了。
You’ve let your sister have a big head start.
是啊,你让莱丝丽也一天练上六个小时
中提琴试试,她就知道没那么容易了。
Let Leslie practice viola for six hours a day… then it’s not so easy.
别去管她。
Leave her alone.
我…呃…我进来给每个人弄点儿酒喝。
I came in here to make drinks for everybody.
– 你在干嘛?你想要喝点儿吗?
– 呃…当然。
– What are you doing? You want a drink? – Sure.
我是想喝点。
I was.
这太疯狂了!
This is nuts!
我们不能在这里这样。
We gotta get out of here.
噢,天哪。
Oh, God.
怎么?不,不,我们会被抓住的。
What? No, We’re gonna get caught.
他们都在湖边,我什么都能看到。
They’re by the lake. I can see everything.
他们正聊得起劲呢。
They’re deep in conversation.
等一下!珍妮特过来了!嗷!
Wait! There’s Janet!
– 肯……
– 不。噢,不,没事的。
– Ken… – No. It’s okay.
你不能这样吓我,知道吗?
You can’t scare me like that.
我恨你这样。
别这样吓唬我!
I grind my teeth. Just don’t scare me like that!
没什么,只是喊了次“狼来了”。
It was nothing. Just a false alarm.
听着,以后别真的咬。
Listen, try not to actually chew.
噢,天呐,要是我们俩
能单独在一起,那该有多好啊!
Wouldn’t it be great if we could be alone together?
好好放松一下,就你和我。
Just relaxed. You and me.
– 噢,那一定棒极了。
– 那一定棒极了。
– It’d be so great. – That would be so great.
噢,那我们就坚持住,
你不知道会发生什么。
Let’s hang in. You never know what’s gonna happen.
过来,把腿分开。
Come on, open wide.
肯,把杨基的比赛关了,
现在就赶紧出来!
Ken, turn the Yankee game off and come on out here now!
马上来,就一分钟!
已经快结束啦!
I will. Just one minute! It’s almost over!
天哪,我来了,我来了。
God. I’m done.
– 你想什么时候来就什么时候来吧。
– 是吗?
– You can come anytime you want. – Can I?
我来了!
I’m done!
我也快了!噢!
I’m ready!
莱丝丽,那是你吗?
Leslie, is that you?
你能把我领到湖边去吗,亲爱的?
Can you lead me down to the lake?
你能稍等一分钟吗,奶奶?
Can you give me just a minute, Grandma?
我在…嗯…正在准备一些马提尼。
I’m just… I’m making some martinis.
– 好的,好的,亲爱的。
– 我想结束了。
– Sure, dear. – I want to finish.
噢,肯?是你吗?
Ken? Is that you?
结束什么?
Finish what?
你好!
Hello!
– 快来呀,肯。
– 快来?
– Come, Ken. – Come?
过来,领我到湖边去。
Come, lead me down to the lake.
自从我第二个眼睛失明,
Ever since I lost my second eye…
我感到那么虚弱无助。
I feel so frail.
你没必要抱怨/呻♥吟♥啊,
没那么可怕的。
You don’t have to moan about it. It’s not that terrible.
肯快好了,奶奶。他正在加紧干呢。
Ken is hurrying, Grandma.
你能弄一下橄榄吗,肯?
你能不能弄快一点?
Would you do the olives? Could you do them quickly?
噢,你知道,你也可以放洋葱。
Oh, you know, you can use onions, too.
我更喜欢洋葱,你呢,肯?
I prefer onions, don’t you, Ken?
是的!是的!是的!
Yes! Yes! Yes!
天哪,你一定非常喜欢洋葱!
Boy, you must really love onions!
我要付你多…?
How much do I…?
– 露西?
– 你个蠢货!你个杂种!
– Lucy? – You schmuck! You bastard!
我恨不能把你♥他♥妈♥的头给砍掉!
I’d like to cut your head off.
你心烦了,是吗?
You’re upset, right?
你怎么能那么做?
你不知道那会出什么事吗?
How could you do that? Didn’t you know what would happen?
– 你在…你在说什么啊?
– 别…回嘴,混♥蛋♥!
– What are you talking about? – Don’t answer me, prick!
你心知肚明!
你就是不管别人死活!
You knew! You just didn’t give a shit!
你看,你先把外套脱了,然后……
Why don’t you take your coat off and just…
你怎么能写出那样的书,嗯?
How could you write that book?
你怎么这么自私?
Are you so selfish…
你怎么只考虑你自己,
而根本不顾被你毁了的人?
You’re so self-engrossed you don’t give a shit who you destroy?
– 我知道你很生气。
– 你把我们的事和盘托出!
– I can tell you’re angry. – You told our whole story!
所有的细节。
你向我姐姐出♥卖♥♥♥了我!
All the details. You gave me away to my sister!
马文离开了我,他走了。
Marvin’s left me. He’s gone.
嘿,那只是大致上基于我们的事。
It was loosely based on us.
别给我胡扯,你个卑鄙小人!
Don’t bullshit me, motherfucker!
你以为你是在跟谁说话?
Who do you think you’re talking to,
我可不是那些弱智的脱口秀节目主持!
one of those retarded talk-show hosts?
我和你一起亲历了这些,明白吗?
我知道这有多“大致上”。
I lived through it with you. I know how loosely based it is.
嘿,你想说什么啊?
说我们正在搞的时候被你…
Hey, what are you telling me that your blind grandmother
…眼瞎的奶奶撞上了这事?
caught us fucking one day?
根本没写!
Never!
不,不,当然没写。
你做了一些愚蠢的夸张,
No, No. Of course. You made a few stupid exaggerations,
或像评论家说的那样:
“天马行空般的喜剧灵感”。
or, as the critics say, “inspired comic flights.”
可是珍妮认出来了。
只有傻子才会认不出来。
But Jane recognized it. You’d have to be sub-mental not to.
马文崩溃了,彻底崩溃!
And Marvin was crushed!
珍妮早就怀疑我们了,
我都不知道她怀疑我们有多久了。
Jane suspected us. I can’t tell you how long Jane suspected us.
我知道,我知道!可我一直否认!
I know! And I denied it!
可现在你一走了之…
And now you’ve gone…
你一走了之,向她坐实了一切!
you’ve gone and confirmed it all for her!
真♥他♥妈♥聪明!
你让莱丝丽比我矮!
Big fucking deal! You made Leslie shorter!
真♥他♥妈♥有才!
Big fucking deal!
全在这儿写着呢!
But it’s all here!
木头木脑的乡村医生、小提琴手、
The poor schmuck country doctor, the violinist…
她在康涅狄格的妹妹
欺骗着她的丈夫。
her younger sister in Connecticut cheating with her husband.
透过看得见风景的窗子,天哪!
The picture window, for Chrissake!
残忍♥地看着马文…
Cruel observations about Marvin…
…在那儿烧烤,戴着厨师帽。
with his barbecue and chef’s hat.
当然,还有珍妮,
尽管你可怜地…
And of course, Jane, or as you so pathetically…
…将她掩饰成…
disguise her…
…珍妮特。
Janet.
听听这段:
Here it is:
“这并非只是因为莱丝丽已经
对马文那空洞无物的…
“It was not simply that Leslie had become numbed…
“…滔滔不绝越来越感到麻木,
而他却自以为…
“with the inane spate of leaden perceptions…
“…他那愚钝的见识是某种智慧。
“that passed for wit from Marvin.
“甚至也不是因为
她向肯恶毒地描述起…
“It was not even the image she shared with Ken…
“…马文那软塌塌的‘牙签’上下翻飞,