威尔先生 – 是我
Mr. Vale. – Yes.
我是芭芭拉 沃森
I’m Barbara Watson.
谢谢
Thank you
嗯
Hmm.
啊,需要我帮您拿外套吗?
Ah. May I take your coat?
不了,谢谢
No, thank you.
想喝点什么?
Have a drink?
不用了
No.
那我们开始吧?
Shall we get started?
好的
Uh, okay.
我们再来一次
Let’s try it again.
还是那段?
The same thing?
是的
Yes.
记住…
And remember…
手指像隧♥道♥一样弯曲
fingers curved like a tunnel.
好的
Okay.
不要变平
Don’t flatten.
给火车留点地方
Make room for the train.
什么?
What?
我常跟孩子这么说
It’s something I tell my kids.
手指弯曲,像这样
If the fingers are curved, like this,
那么火车就有空间通过隧♥道♥了
then there’s room for the train to pass through the tunnel.
谢谢
Thank you. – [Vale sighs]
呃,下周二,同一时间?
Uh, next Tuesday, then, same time?
不,我觉得我还是不继续上课了
No. Uh, I don’t think I’m going to continue with our lessons.
哦,不
Oh, no.
你要放弃了?
You’re giving up?
不…
No.
哦
Oh.
好吧
Okay.
那…
Well…
再见
good-bye.
再见
Good-bye.
哦,威尔先生
Uh, Mr. Vale.
我可以问一下吗?
May I ask?
在我之前你有过多少老师?
How many teachers have you had before me?
四个
Four.
不管值不值得
Well, for what it’s worth,
在您这个年纪 学一件乐器确实很难
learning an instrument at your age is difficult,
尤其是如果您在这方面 没有天赋的话
especially if you don’t possess a natural gift for it.
我不是有意这么说的
I’m not saying this to be mean.
如果你真的打算放弃 那么我想买♥♥下你的钢琴
But if you do decide to give up, I’d really like to buy your piano.
好的
Okay.
每一阶段的体验 都是规则之外的
Each stage of experience is really the exception to the rule
因为促进贸易向中东
because the conditions there
顺利过渡的条件
that made trade mobilization to the Middle East successful
是发展中国家不具备的
weren’t present in the developing countries.
请进
Yes?
您好
Hi.
进来
Come in.
论文,呃,对不起迟交了
Paper. Uh, sorry it’s late.
为什么迟交?
Why is it late?
我有些私事要处理
I had some personal issues to deal with.
很抱歉,现在我已经不收了
I’m sorry, but I can’t accept it now.
我是说,我…我真的有…
I mean, I… I really had a…
很抱歉
I’m sorry.
呃,您的课表还没有给我们呢
Uh, you know you still haven’t given us the syllabus yet?
我知道
I know.
谁?
[knock knock] – Yeah?
你好,沃尔特
Hello, Walter.
你好,查尔斯
Hi, Charles.
有时间吗?
You got a sec?
当然
Sure.
沃尔特,谢莉没办法
Walter, Shelley can’t make it down
去纽约大学的讨论会上 宣读你们的论文了
to the NYU conference to present your paper.
你得替她去
I’m gonna need you to cover for her.
为什么她不能去?
Why can’t she go?
她必须卧床休息 直到把孩子生下来
She’s been put on bed rest till she has the baby.
我也希望自己能去 但是现在我没时间,查尔斯
I wish I could, but now is not a good time, Charles.
嗯,我明白 但你也是合著人
Well, I understand, but you co-authored the paper,
院长也希望它能被宣读
and the Dean wants it presented.
他希望谢莉能留任
He wants to keep Shelley on track for tenure.
我只是觉得忙不过来 同时还要照顾班级和忙着写书
I just don’t think I can, with the start of classes and my book.
你只教一个班级,沃尔特
You’re only teaching one class, Walter.
这样我才能专心写书
So I can stay focused on my book.
查尔斯,我真的不想去
Charles, I would really rather not go.
很抱歉,可现在真的没有办法
Well, I’m sorry, but there really isn’t another option at this point.
查尔斯,事实是…
Charles, the truth is…
这是谢莉的论文
this is really Shelley’s paper.
应了她的要求 我才同意做合著人
I just agreed to co-author it because she asked me to.
我都不知道该怎么做
I’m not really prepared to present it.
听我说,沃尔特 如果愿意
Now, look, Walter, you can take it up
你可以去跟院长说
with the Dean if you want,
不过作为你的朋友 我不建议这么做,这毫无必要
but as your friend, I wouldn’t advise it, not with that argument.
有人吗?
Hello?
啊!啊!啊!出去!
Aah! Aah! Aah! Get out!
对不起,对不起 – 出去!
I’m sorry. I’m sorry. – Get out!
离我远点!
You stay away from me!
别过来!
[thud] – You leave me alone!
不,我…这…没事,我…我…
No. I… It’s… It’s okay. I… I’m…
不行!我男朋友要来了!
It’s not okay! My boyfriend is coming!
我…我…我不会伤害你的
I’m… I’m… I’m not going to hurt you.
你谁呀? 来这干什么?
Who are you? What are you doing here?
这是我家
This is my apartment.
这房♥子不是你的!
This apartment does not belong to you!
你怎么进来的? – 我叫沃尔特 威尔
How did you get in here? – My name is Walter Vale.
我有钥匙!这是我家! – 见鬼!
I have keys! This is my apartment! – What the fuck!
哎哟!哎哟!天哪!啊!不要!
Ow! Ow! God! Aah! Please!
载那尔布! – 我在这!
Zainab! – I’m in here!
闭嘴! – 啊!
Shut up! – Aah!
闭嘴! – 好吧…好,好
Shut up! – All ri… Okay. Okay.
好,好的
Okay. Okay.
你谁呀?
Who are you?
怎么回事?
[Zainab] Qu’est-ce que c’est ça?
没事吧?
Ça va?
没事
Oui, ça va.
这是怎么回事?
C’est qui?
我刚才在洗澡
J’étais dans mon bain.
他就冲进来了
Lui, il était là>
你碰她了? – 什么?
Did you touch her? – What?
妈的,你碰她没? – 没!没!没!
Motherfucker, did you touch her? – No! No! No!
他没有碰我
II ne m’a pas touchée.
但他进来的时候 说自己有钥匙
Mais comme il est entré> >il a dit qu’il avait la cli>
你有钥匙?
Do you have keys?
是,我当然有钥匙 这是我家
Yes, of course I have keys. This is my apartment.
钥匙拿出来看看 – 好的
Show me your keys. – All right.
给
Here.
这房♥子我买♥♥了25年了
I’ve had this apartment for 25 years.
那之前你为什么不住这?
So why haven’t you been here?
我住康州 很久没来这了
Because I live in Connecticut. I haven’t been down here in a very long time.
你有个叫伊凡的朋友吗?
Are you friends with Ivan?
伊凡,不知道…谁是伊凡?
Ivan. I don’t… Who’s Ivan?
我确定他报♥警♥了!
I’m sure he’s called the police!
你报♥警♥了? – 没
Did you call the police? – No.
你没报♥警♥? – 没有
You did not call the police? – No.
你也不认识伊凡?
And you don’t know Ivan?
不认识,他是谁?
No. Who is he?
是他把这租给我们的 – 我不认识他
He rented us this place. – I don’t know him.
他说这是他一个朋友的 他朋友住到乡下去了
He said it belongs to his friend who is out of town.
我不知道他是谁
I don’t know who he is.