“真是多谢!”
“前往蒙太克的火车在B站台”
“Montauk train on track B.”
2004年情人节 偶然的想法
Random thoughts for Valentine’s Day, 2004.
今天是贺卡公♥司♥发明的节日…
Today is a holiday invented by greeting card companies…
“最后一次播报”
Last call…
好让人们感觉像废物
to make people feel like crap.
我今天没去上班
I ditched work today.
而是坐上了去蒙太克的火车
Took a train out to Montauk.
“请到B站台搭乘前往蒙太克的火车”
“Montauk train boarding on track B.”
我不知道原因
I don ‘t know why.
我不是一个冲动的人
Aah! I’m not an impulsive person.
我想只是今早醒来有些茫然失措
I guess I just woke up in a funk this morning.
我得把车送去修理
I gotta get my car fixed.
你好 辛迪
Hi. Cindy?
我是约耳 约耳!
It’s Joel. Joel!
听着 我今天感觉不舒服
Listen, I don’t feel very well today.
不 我想是食物中毒
No, food poisoning, I think.
这海滩实在是冷死人
It’s goddamn fireezing on this beach.
二月份的蒙太克… 真是不错 约耳
Montauk in February… Brilliant,Joel.
被撕掉的页
Page is ripped out.
不记得自己撕过
Don’t remember doing that.
这好像是我两年来的头一次记录
It appears this is my, fiirst entry. in two years.
不要过度赞美细沙
Sand is overrated.
它们不过是细小的岩石
It’s just tiny, little rocks.
希望我能结识新的伴侣
Ifionly, I could meet someone new.
但我想这样的机会很小
I guess my, chances of that happening are some what diminished,
我不敢和眼前这陌生女人 做目光的接触
seeing that I’m incapable of making eye contact with a woman I don’t know.
也许我该和内奥米重修旧好
Maybe I should get back together with Naomi.
她很美丽 美丽就是好
She was nice. Nice is good.
她爱过我
She loved me.
为什么我总是爱上每个…
Why, do I fall in love with every woman I see…
对我稍加注意的女人?
who shows me the least bit of attention?
你说什么?
I’m sorry?
-我只是问好 -嗨 你好
-I just said hi. – Hi. Hello. Hi.
我可以坐近些吗?
Okay if I sit closer?
你到哪儿去?
How far are you going?
嗯 洛克威尔中心
Uh, Rockville Center.
不会吧! 我也是!
Get out! Me too!
-真的? -真巧
Really? What are the odds?
我认识你吗?
Do I knowyou?
你是不是在巴恩斯·洛贝尔店买♥♥过书?
Doyou ever shop at Barnes & Noble?
-是的 -那就对了!
Sure. Sure. That’s it!
-什么? -我以前见过你
Yeah? I’ve seen you, man!
我在那里作售书员已经五年了
Book slave there for, like, five years now.
-啊 我想我可能记得你 -天 是五年吗?
Ah. I would have thought I would’ve remembered you. Jesus! Is it five years?
可能是头发的缘故
It might be the hair.
-可能什么? -发型改变了很多
What might? It changes a lot.
我改变了发型的颜色 那就是你没认出我来的原因
The color. That’s whyyou might not recognize me.
-这发型颜色叫”蓝色废墟” -很对
It’s called Blue Ruin, the color. Right. Yeah.
-很时髦的名字 对吧? -我喜欢
Snappy name, huh? Ilike it.
这公♥司♥所做出的全色系的发型 名字都很时髦
Anyway, this company makes a whole line of colors with equally snappy names.
红色威胁、 黄色高烧、绿色革命
Red– Red Menace, Yellow Fever, Green Revolution.
一定有专门职位来命名这些发型
That’d be a job, coming up with those names.
会有那样的工作吗?
You think there could possibly be a job like that?
我是说 总共才有多少种发型颜色呢? 也许十五种吧
I mean how many hair colors could there be? Fifty, maybe.
有人在做这工作
Someone’s got that job.
我能想出来的-桔色特工!
Agent Orange! I came up with that one.
我用发型颜色来表明我的个性
I apply my personality in a paste.
噢 我很怀疑
Oh, I doubt that very much.
因为你不认识我 那么…
Well, you don’t know me, so…
你并不了解我 对吧?
you don’t know, do you?
对不起 我只是想尽量显得友好些
Sorry. I was just– I’m trying to be nice.
好的 我明白了
Yeah. I got it.
-顺便提一下 我叫克莱门汀 -我叫约耳
My name’s Clementine, by the way. I’m Joel.
你好 约耳
Hi,Joel. Hey.
不准取笑我的名字
Nojokes about my name.
不 你不会那么做的 你想尽量友好些
Oh, no, you wouldn’t do that. You’re trying to be nice.
我不知怎样取笑你的名字
I don’t know anyjokes aboutyour name.
腰浆果狗(卡♥通♥片名)
Huckleberry Hound.
我不知道那是什么
I don’t know what that means.
你不知道腰浆果狗? 你白♥痴♥么?
Huckleberry Hound? What are you nuts?
有人曾这样暗示过
It’s been suggested.
我亲爱的 我亲爱的克莱门汀…
Oh, my darlin’, oh, my darlin’ Oh, my darlin’ Clementine
你已永远离去…
You were lost and gone forever
多么抱歉 克莱门汀”
Dreadful sorry Clementine”
知道了吗?
No?
对不起 但那真是个美丽的名字
I’m sorry. Just– It’s a pretty name, though. It really is nice.
它的意思是… “仁慈”
It’s, uh– It means “merciful.”
对吗 仁慈?
Right? Clemency?
虽然看上去不像
Although it hardly fits.
但说真的 我是一个报复心极强的小贱♥货♥
I’m a vindictive little bitch, truth be told.
我不会那样想
Gee, I wouldn’t think that aboutyou.
-为什么? -我不知道
Why wouldn’t you think that about me? I don’t know.
我只是…
I just–
我不知道 我只是…
I don’t know. I just, uh–
你看上去是好人 那…
You seem nice, so–
噢 现在我成好人啦?
Oh, now I’m nice?
上帝! 难道你不会用别的形容词汇吗?
Oh, God. Don’t you know any other adjectives?
我不需要好
I don’t need “nice.”
我不想对别人好 也不想别人对我好
I don’t need myself to be it, and I don’t need anybody else to be it at me.
约耳?
Joel?
你的名字是约耳吧?
It’s Joel, right?
是的
Yes.
对不起 冲你大喊大叫
I’m sorry I yelled at you.
我今天有些不开心
I’m a little out of sorts today.
我得不好意思的承认…
My embarrassing admission is,
我真的喜欢你对我好
I really like that you’re nice right now.
我的意思是 我不知道下一时刻自己会喜欢什么
I mean, I can’t tell from one moment to the next what I’m gonna like,
但是现在
but right now…
我很高兴你对我好
I’m glad you are.
我有很多事情 我也许该…
I have so much stuff that, uh, I probably should…
-我正在写作 -对不起
Oh! I’m sorry. Okay. I-I’m writing, and–
-不 不用… -没什么
No, no. I just– Sure. No. That’s okay.
我只是得… 你知道… 这是… 好吧
I just have– You know, this is– Okay.
保重
– Take care, then.
老天!
Jesus!
我可以送你一程 如果你需要的话
Hi. I could, uh, give you a ride, if you need.
天很冷
It’s cold.
好 好的
Yeah. Okay. Yeah. Yeah?
都结霜了
It is frosty.
-你不是在跟踪我吧? -我没有
You’re not a stalker or anything, right? I’m not a stalker.
是你先和我说话的 还记得吗?
You’re the one that talked to me. Remember?
那是跟踪守则中最老土的伎俩
That is the oldest trick in the stalker book.
真的吗? 有这本书?
Really? There’s a stalker book?
好的 我会读读看
I gotta read that one.
看… 我对刚才的疯狂表现感到抱歉 我并不是这样
Look, I’m sorry if I came off sorta nutso. I’m not, really.
没什么 我没想过你是
Oh, it’s okay. I didn’t think you were.
你想喝一杯吗?
Did you wanna have a drink?
我有很多种酒 我可以…
I have lots of drinks, and I could…
算了
Never mind.
-对不起 那真傻 真难为情 -不 不 不
Sorry. That was stupid. I’m embarrassed now. No, no, no, no.
晚安 约耳
Good night,Joel.
两杯蓝色废墟
Two Blue Ruins.
谢谢
Thank you.
喝光它 小子
Drink up, young man.
这样我勾引你就不会惹你反感了
It’ll make the whole seduction part less repugnant.
我只是开玩笑!
I’m just kidding!
来吧
Come on.
你有点内向 是吧?
You’re kinda closed-mouthed, aren’tyou?
对不起
I’m sorry.
那只是… 我的生活很无趣