从前 在古印度的一个小村庄里
Once upon a time in a village in ancient India,
有一只山羊与一位祭司
there was a little goat and a priest.
祭司要把山羊献祭给天神
The priest wanted to sacrifice the goat to the gods.
正当他举起手 要划破山羊的喉咙时
He raised his arm to cut the goat’s throat,
山羊突然大笑起来
when suddenly the goat began to laugh.
祭司惊诧地停住 问山羊
The priest stopped, amazed, and asked the goat,
“你在笑什么?难道你不知道我要划破你的喉咙吗?”
“Why do you laugh? Don’t you know I’m about to cut your throat?”
山羊说:”当然知道”
“Oh, yes,” said the goat.
“在经过了499次轮回…
“After 499 times dying…
转世为山羊之后
and being reborn as a goat,
我终于要转世为人了啊”
I will be reborn as a human being.”
接着 山羊哭了起来
Then the little goat began to cry.
祭司问道:”你怎么又哭起来了呢?”
The high priest said, “Why now are you crying?”
小山羊回答:”我是在为你这个愚昧的祭司而哭泣
And the goat replied, “For you, poor priest.
在500世以前 我也是一位大祭司
500 lives ago, I too was a high priest…
也曾献祭山羊给天神”
and sacrificed goats to the gods.”
祭司随即跪下哭着说:
The priest dropped to his knees, saying,
“求求你 宽恕我吧”
“Forgive me, I beg you.
“从现在起 我愿当这片 净土上羊群的守护者”
From now on, I will be the guardian and protector of every goat in the land.”
好了 这则故事给了我们什么启示?
Now, then, what does this ancient tale teach us?
众生平等 它们不应该…
That no living creature…
被用来献祭牺牲
must ever be sacrificed.
那只山羊后来怎样了?
What happened to-to the goat?
哦 对了 那山羊
Ah, yes, the goat.
嗯… 那只山羊经历了许多次转世为人之后
Mmm. The goat had many, many lives as a human being,
直到有一天他转世成一位…
until one day he turned into someone…
确实很不寻常的人
very strange indeed.
赞巴
Champa!
给我们讲讲你的前世好吗?
Show us something of your previous life, huh?
咩…
Mie…
诺布喇♥嘛♥的电报
Telegram for Lama Norbu.
我整整等了九年…
I’ve been waiting for nine years…
才接到这个消息
to receive this.
是关于多杰喇♥嘛♥的吗? – 是的
Is it about Lama Dorje? – Yes.
他们找到他了吗? – 很有可能
Have they found him? – Perhaps!
我们会为你祈祷 能够成功完成使命
We shall all pray for the success of your mission.
还有 别忘了带上你的药
And, uh, remember to take your medicine.
[ 梵唱 ]
等一下
Wait.
这是多杰喇♥嘛♥的钵盂
This is Lama Dorje’s bowl.
你在寻找时需要用到它
You will need it for your search.
§人们不停地担忧和迷惘§
Everybody is a-wonderin’!
§自己从哪里来§
What and where they all came from!
§又要到哪里去§
Everybody is a-worryin’ about where they’re gonna go!
西雅图到了
Seattle!
§直到生命的结束§
When the whole thing’s done!
§但是 没有人知晓确切的答案§
But no one knows for certain!
很高兴再次见到你
It’s so wonderful to see you again,
长途飞行一定感觉肯定很累吧
but you must be very tired after such a long flight.
是的 有一点
Yes, a little tired.
再给我说一遍你做的梦
Tell me again about your dreams.
那些梦就发生在 多杰喇♥嘛♥圆寂后的一个月
My dreams began about a month after Lama Dorje passed away.
他热情的引导我 到同一个的地方
They were so intense, and they always led me to the same place.
一片空旷的地方吗? – 是的
The empty site. – Yes.
多杰喇♥嘛♥在我前面的 一座小丘上走着
Lama Dorje was walking in front of me, on a hill.
他指着一个地方
He was pointing to this empty spot,
那里是一片空地
but there was nothing there.
几个月之后 我偶然的…
And then I found the site…
发现了这个地方
quite by chance a few months after,
居然和梦境中的一模一样
just as it was in the dreams.
我看到他们开始盖起了房♥子
I saw they had started to build a house.
我查过 这是一个… 一个工程师的家
I discovered that it belonged to the family of an engineer…
他们有个独生子 叫杰西
with a small boy called Jesse, an only child.
他出生在多杰喇♥嘛♥圆寂一年之后
He was born a year after Lama Dorje passed away.
多杰喇♥嘛♥穿的是牛仔裤吗?
Lama Dorje was wearing jeans?
哦 是的 这真出乎意料
Oh, yes. It was quite startling,
因为他生前一直穿袈裟
because in life, he always wore robes.
当然 靠近在一起时 我有点不好意思
Of course, I felt very shy about approaching them,
不过我很幸运
but then I was lucky.
三周之后…
Three weeks ago…
重新整队
Line up again!
真是美好的一天
A beautiful day.
是啊
Yes, it is.
我的名字叫丹津堪布 是西♥藏♥的僧人
I’m a Buddhist monk from Tibet. My name is Kenpo Tenzin.
啊 很高兴见到你
Oh. Oh. Nice to meet you.
我目前在西雅图任教
Now I teach here in Seattle.
真的吗?我也是老师 我教数学
Oh, really? I’m a teacher too. I teach math.
呵呵 跟我一样
Oh! Like me!
我还教占星术 主要是占星术
Also I teach astrology. Mostly astrology.
真是不寻常
How unusual.
我们藏族具有精深的占星术
We Tibetans have a very advanced system of astrology.
抱歉 – 跑 开始 跑
Excuse me. – Go! Play! Go!
杰西
Jesse!
请允许我冒昧的问一下
May I ask, uh,
杰西是哪天出生的?
what day-on what day your son was born?
3月1日 – 太好了
On March 1st. – Wonderful!
具体的时间呢?
And at what hour?
早上 大约6点半
In the morning. Very early. 6:30.
哦 这真是太好了
Oh, wonderful, wonderful!
6点半 难得 真难得
6:30! Very special! Very special!
我对这方面不太了解… – 啊 真好
Oh. Well, I don’t know about that, but… – Oh, yes!
真好 真好 请你收下这张卡片
Oh, yes. Oh, yes. May I give you this card, please?
谢谢
Thank you.
杰西
Jesse!
没关系 玛莉亚 我自己来
It’s okay, Maria, I’ll get it.
我能搞定 – 没关系
I can get it! – It’s all right.
康瑞女士 还记得我吗?
Mrs. Conrad, you remember me? We met at…
我们见过 当然记得
Yes, of course.
你是杰西学校里的 占星老师
At Jesse’s school. The Tibetan astrologer.
丹…堪布
Kenzo Te…
丹津堪布
Kenpo Tenzin.
丹津堪布 没错
Kenpo Tenzin. Yes.
我… 我收到了你的邀请
I-I got your invitation that you sent me…
请我去正♥法♥中心去 然后 我…
to the Dharma Center, and, uh,
我是打算去的 只是没有时间 我打算…
I’ve… been meaning to go. I just haven’t had the time,
不过… 我会去的 我很乐意去
but… I will. I’m looking forward to it.
我的朋友诺布喇♥嘛♥ 刚刚从不丹抵达这里…
My friend Lama Norbu has just arrived from Bhutan…
他是第一次来美国
and has never been in America before.
他是位重要的喇♥嘛♥ 这次是为一个特别的使命而来
He’s a very important lama. He’s come on a very special mission.
是吗?请进来坐坐吧
Oh, really? Well, would you like to come inside?
好的 谢谢
Yes. Yes, that would be very kind.
他会觉得很感兴趣的
It will be very interesting for him.
这位是康瑞女士 这位是诺布喇♥嘛♥
This is Mrs. Conrad. This is Lama Norbu.
请进
Please come inside.
屋里有点乱
It’s a bit of a mess.
这所房♥子是我先生建的
My husband built this house.
他是个工程师
He’s an engineer.
你都看到了 我们的生活还没有步入正轨
As you can see, we’re still living out of boxes,
不过厨房♥已经收拾好了
but at least the kitchen’s done.
我们几周前才搬进来
We only just moved in a few weeks ago.
有点空荡荡的 – 环境挺不错
Very empty. – Very beautiful.
是啊
Yes.
我丈夫喜欢的空虚 他可以长时间耐得住寂寞
My husband loves emptiness. He can has wells to keep that way all the times.
康瑞女士?我可以走了吗?
Mrs. Conrad? Is it okay if I go?
好的 玛利亚 谢谢 明天见
Yes, It’s fine, Maria. It’s fine. Thank you. I’ll see you tomorrow.
我们到客厅去吧? – 谢谢 你真客气
We go to the living room? – Thank you very kind
真令人高兴 能来拜访 我很高兴
Very exciting. It’s very exciting to me.
真的吗? – 当然
Really? – Yes.
来点饮料吗?
Can I get you some-something to drink?
不必了 谢谢你 – 谢谢
Oh, no. Thank you. – Thank you.
好的 请坐

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!